3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Week At A Time Challenge #10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/64284-week-time-challenge-10-a.html)

carla49 08-30-2005 10:44 AM

Bonnie, you skinny-minny!! After reading your post I have a real yen for bacon and eggs. Maybe I'll go out to the all-day-breakfast place a little later. Then again, maybe I won't. I'd be dunking the home fries in the yokes, and making a sandwich with the toast and bacon... :lol3: Maybe salad instead. It sounds like you've had a wonderful visit with your DGD, and a nice active one too! I'm expecting a visit from relatives starting next Monday, including a trip to my stepmother for her birthday. I'm used to spending most of my home time alone, so having people around 24/7 is very hard for me. I always feel like I should be entertaining, which stresses me and makes the guests uncomfortable. It will be a real food challenge for me, and everyone drinks a lot too. Temptation everywhere. I may just put the cousins on a sort of diet plan without telling them!

Mscat, thanks for the absolution re my amended goals. I'm still doing my 21-day goals, and today is Day 2 of getting up and out at a reasonable time. I was out buying the newspaper at 9:30. After such a late night last night, I think I may still try to skip the siesta and get to bed not too late. It's just too easy to munch those late hours away.

:yawn: It almost feels like bedtime already. Bye for now, y'all. (not Southern, just borrowing a useful expression.)

deborah.jennelle 08-30-2005 11:05 AM

:wave: Soon2BFitChick, it's nice to meet you! [I'm new here too, have just been here a few days. :)]

Don't feel bad about your 30 oz. challenge for water [actually mine is only 40 oz. per day ... 5-8 oz. glasses] but like you, I am getting more this way than I had been. For me, baby steps is the way to go [and it's working too! :cb:]

Carla, yep - I did my today's stairs last night. :lol: I guess it is kind of funny to do tomorrow's exercises the night before, huh? :o

Hey - just curious, does water count for us even if it would be very diluted crystal light? If so - that would be WONDERFUL. [Ugh - I hate just plain water! :lol:]

mscat, thanks for my :cp: for yesterday's goals being made. :)

Bonnie, you sure sound like a fun grandma! I bet your granddaughter will hate it when it's time to have to leave, huh? :cp: Good for you for being able to report pounds down!!

Well friends, time for me to go and uhmmmm, choke down [oops - I meant drink :lol:] some of my fine water. Ha! ha!

Have a good day! I'll be back later and post when I get the water down so I can update and report my goals made for the day.

mscat, great motivator for the day [thanks for posting it!] (HUGS)

Love,

Debi

deborah.jennelle 08-30-2005 12:44 PM

Both challenges done for the day! :dancer:
  • Walked down 24 flights of stairs + up 1 flight
  • Drank 5-oz. glasses of water

Love,

Debi

carla49 08-30-2005 01:01 PM

Bravo Debi. Bad news: the water you drink during strenuous exercise (like climbing stairs) is to replace what you sweat out, and should be ADDED to your daily goal. The urine colour test will tell you if you're getting enough.

I THINK it's okay to use Crystal Light in your water, especially if it's extra-diluted. I would (and do) certainly accept it. But then I think it's okay to do tomorrow's exercise today...

AllieNVegas 08-30-2005 02:51 PM

Just checking in. I am drinking my 8 glasses of water daily.

Debi: Good job on you keeping up with your challenges. :cool: :jig:

Selina: The book sounds interesting. Keep us posted. Welcome! :wave:

Carla: I walk 4 days a week. :tread: I won't run out of miles. I pace myself. Good luck with your 21-day challenge of no wine/no chocolate. :bravo:

MsCat: Thanks for the motivation! :balloons:

:goodluck: :encore: :cheers:

deborah.jennelle 08-30-2005 11:48 PM

Carla ... hi! :)

What??!! You want me to drink MORE water? [ugh! :lol:] I will try that next week [for now it seems to be all I can do to choke down the 5 cups. *lol* BUT, I do drink some after I'm done walking 'cuz I'm thirsty but it's not a lot of it though, just enough to quench my thirst.

So glad that Crystal Light counts ... if that's the case, I'll have no problems in getting water down. :) :cheers: :)

Allie, you're doing great with drinking the water. Keep up the good work!! :cheer:

Love,

Debi

It's going on midnight, talk to you girls more tomorrow. ;)

deborah.jennelle 08-30-2005 11:51 PM

I have a question ....

When I click on my public profile, it has my info. and such but then too on there, it says that I am not a member of any public groups.

What are public groups on here? Isn't our thread here - a group and if so, how can I be a member? :?: :)

Love,

Debi

deborah.jennelle 08-31-2005 12:24 PM

Good Morning! :)

How's everybody doing today? I hope good!

As for myself, I'm doing pretty good. Got my challenges both done for the day [woo hoo!!]

I can not begin to tell you all how much finding these boards and posting here has helped to motivate me. :grouphug:

Love,

Debi

mscat816 09-01-2005 02:52 AM

Wednesday Night Sign Off

Hey ladies! Hope you all had a great hunp day! I meant to respond to everyone earlier. I didn't plan my day well :( .

For everyone struggling with the water dilemma check out the article on "water facts" at http://groups.msn.com/LosinandLovinIt/waterfacts.msnw.
". . . The average person needs around 6-8 large glasses every day. . . The aim is to drink water consistently. If you drink too much all at once or too fast, it will simply pass through you, with little or no benefit to your body."

According to the water calculator I need a little more water than the average person because of my weight, and when I am exercising vigorously. However this supports you Carla that it doesn't do any good to overfill my bladder :eek: There are also some great tips in this post on how to spread your water out throughout the day.

It also says its ok to spike your water with lemon and substitute water with soup (???) at lunch for soup. Deb, if that is so, I assume spiking it with a non-sugary additives like crystal light is not harmful especially if it helps you get it in. I spike my water with sugarless sparkling water - I don't like water plain either!

Debi - :cheer: on your Wednesday goals! I don't believe 3fatchicks has any public groups yet(?) From my understanding of groups, I don't know what the point would be on this website. All of the threads/forums are open to all members to my knowlege. I suggest you post this question to an administrator here to get more information. BTW - the website above is a public group within MSN.

Allie :cheer: on your water! Is Wednesday and exercise day for you too?

Have a great Thursday everyone - I will post earlier!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

Casper5AXTSU76 09-01-2005 01:10 PM

Hey ladies! I'm back online! I had a great hump day, because I got in a walk. I walked my kids to school. :D

I haven't really started with the water, but since there is nothing in the house today to drink, but water, I guess that there's no time like the present! ;)

mscat - have you seen a neuroGYN about your water dilemma? I have the same praoblem and I need to make an appointment, as a matter of fact. :o

Casper

deborah.jennelle 09-01-2005 10:00 PM

mscat, thanks so much for the info. on the water ... that'll help me out a lot 'cuz that's just what I was doing [drinking mine all at once or as fast as I could so I could get it over 'n done with. :lol:]

Looks like I'm gonna have to change my ways on that one, huh? :o

Thanks also for the info. on the "groups" here - no wonder I was confused. *lol*

Hi Casper, nice to meet you ... I'm glad you're back online and here. :)

Well everybody, I got my challenges both done [both stairs and water] today but just am way late in getting online and posting.

Both yesterday and today I walked down 24 flights of stairs and walked up 2 flights each day [progress ... only a little but it is progress nonetheless! :)]

Tomorrow I have a Dr.'s appt. in the early afternoon and it's out of town so I will be gone for a good part of the day. I'll post when I can and will do my best to get my water in and walking done [oops - for the stairs, that's right ... I've already done tomorrow's today. *giggle*] :)

Hope you're all doing good .... gonna get off here for tonight 'cuz if I don't start trying to get to bed now, I won't get to sleep till who knows when [last night it was 3:00 a.m. again. Ugh!]

Love,

Debi

mscat816 09-01-2005 11:34 PM

Thursday Night Sign Off

Hi ladies - having a good day. Decided to take baby steps with my water so I am working on getting in at least 48 oz a day.

Welcome back Casper and :cheer: on your goals! I have talked the situation over with my ob who did my hyst and we have discussed surgery as an option.

Go Debi - :cheer: :cheer: for Wednesday and Today! You are doing great!

Where is everyone else???? Hope everyone checks in soon.

mscat

AllieNVegas 09-02-2005 12:24 AM

Hello Everyone,

School started for me this week, so with that & work I havent been online as much as I would like.

I have drank 8 glasses of water all but one day.
So far, I have already 3 out of my four days (Saturday, Monday, & Wednesday). I have preently done 7 carsio miles. On Friday, I plan on wrapping it for the remaining 2 to make it a total of 9 miles for this week.

deborah.jennelle 09-03-2005 12:36 PM

Hi Friends! :wave:

mscat, way to go with getting your water in!! Keep up the good work. :cb: :cp:

Baby steps seem to be the thing that really works for me too. :)

Allie ... you're doing wonderful too with your water and getting your miles in. Keep it up, you're doing great!! :) :bravo:

Yesterday I got both - my stairs and water in but didn't get to post because of being gone and then when I got home, I was too tired to get online and post, etc.

Will post later today when I get my goals done for today. :)

Love,

Debi

deborah.jennelle 09-03-2005 06:52 PM

:wave: everybody!

Got both of my challenges done for today. :cb:

Love,

Debi