3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Halloween Hustle and the Sprint O' the Spirits (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/63126-halloween-hustle-sprint-o-spirits.html)

Punkinseed 08-10-2005 02:13 PM

MarbleFlys, Ouuuuuuuuch! Pets are dangerous, I swear it! LOL! Well done you for doing exactly what your signature says! Just do it!!!! (oh, and I think we all have childish tendancies - it's what keeps us young!) :bubbles:

Arabella, we're going to a place called McMenamins Edgefield in Troutdale, OR. Supposed to be very active. But, being a SciFi Ghost Hunters buff, I'll go almost to see if it's something that can be explained - but totally hoping it's real! LOVE my dowsing rods - have to really focus though because I live over an aquifer and they tend to pick up that kind of energy. We're also bringing a voice activated recorder for EVPs. Soooooo excited!

Ok, off to help mom do some 'puter work. Hi ho, hi ho!

Terri

Amarantha2 08-10-2005 03:40 PM

[color=orange][b]Booooo, Royal Ones!!!

Punkin, thanks for decoratin' the palace w' all the Halloweenie stuff 'n settin' up this Halloweenie challenge!!!

Huzzah!!! I'm in super brevity mode as me brain be not workin' ... think I need some rest, takin' a few days off ...

I sort of already set up my Halloween challenge: to reach my 130 goal, which I will accomplish (hopefully) by calorie averaging using the Fitday PC software, which says I can GET to 130 by October 30 at 1768 per day, which I take to mean A WEEKLY AVERAGE OF 1768 (I need to look at that figure again ... it may be somewhat off) ... anyhow, sometimes I eat more, sometimes less, I enter it all into the software and it figures it all out for me ... I love this software!!!

Gotta go, soryr ...

Kaylets 08-10-2005 08:33 PM

Hello all!

How long have I been gone?? WoW! the palace looks lovely... like the mall w/ the fall fashions....

And I love the Haloween Hustle... THANKS PUNKIN!!

Welcome Marbleflys!!
Glad to have you w/ us!

Frogger! Sydney is gorgeous!! Ocean City is only 2 hrs south of me... and you know what..... weather is heating up again, you 've picked a great week to be at the beach....

As for me, I want to get the water back up to where it used to be...
and the activity level.... get something in EARLY b/ 4 the heat.... I need it as much mentally as in the gut/butt area...

and I 'd be a lot more comfortable mentally if I was down a couple pounds ....

so.... I appreciate everyone's motivation.... its sinking in and feels good....

PS ... one resume 's been sent off and I am completing an appliaction for an opening w/in the company tomorrow am...

******Thought of the day :

"A diamond is a lump of coal that stuck with it"

Question of the day :

"Can you remember the last time you had gum stuck on you... shoe, hair,
etc....?"

Empress, spoke to a gent in Tempe today... and last week, someone else you're way.... that fella told me that its just practice for the afterlife....That's the first time I heard that one!

Got to hit the shower!

:D

deleted2 08-11-2005 07:26 AM

Yesterday I was going to take a break from visiting my dad in the hospital but after work decided at the last minute to go. He's on a lot of medication and not sleeping and was hallucinating and there's nothing to do but just play along. At least he was seeing cats [the animals, not the musical! :lol: ] so it could've been worse. He's not really sure where he is, but was sweet-natured at the time I saw him. My stepmom says that he can get angry and mean too and that would be really hard to see. Oh yeah, and my stepmom was watching her soap operas and he caught bits and pieces of it and was describing it to me like it was all real. Yikes!
After the visit, I just wanted to cry and when i finally got home [it's a long drive], I did just that and thouroughly enjoyed myself. I desperately wish there was somethign I could do, but there isn't.

ceara 08-11-2005 07:55 AM

Day 4 Smarter food

And August is just flying by...goals...to eat smarter, exercise more and glug water....same old. I know I need to get more specific than that...I'm workin' on it! My old news is on the old thread...just before we dusted off and moved here...

Eydie, that sounds just too hard to bear! A good cry is what we all need sometimes. You go. ((HUG))

Work is tough...new co-worker is just not up to snuff. And I'm afraid that I will be labelled as the supervisor who can't keep staff...Geesh. Still playing catch-up in there from the mess made whilst I was gone...but have some new strategies...am leaving the delivery for the other person on Tues and Thurs. so I can work on the shelves....Eydie your man can relate to this...new desk clerk just put all the FIC Par togther (as an example) and that is what the whole collection is like...it wasn't her fault, she is new too but the adults didn't know or care either. Argh!

Anyway...gonna go play ball with a heathen before it gets hot. I can throw balls...can't lift much but I do what I can.

Tah!

Ceara

Arabella 08-11-2005 08:05 AM

Day 2, Uh-huh!

Good morning, Queenlies!

I had a very good day yesterday, exercise, food, meditation, water, tai chi, walk plus 1 high-intensity burst. Erred in not doing anything special for fun, but it was nice to be walking through the woods and around the harbour, despite the heat. Gorgeous, hazy summer day on the water!

I thought I'd mentioned, but I think maybe I forgot to, that I found out the other day that at least four members of my dad's family are/were diabetic. I think they weren't diagnosed until they were 70-80, but still -- got to be a genetic factor for so many to have it. Thus, I have a newly strengthened resolve that coincides quite nicely with the new thread. And I thought it was quite meaningful that there were 21 days left in the month when I signed on :yes: So here we go! And I'm going to post my actual weight on Sept. 1. I fear that I'm 10 lbs up from there now (why not just weigh self now and find out? hmmmm.... Don't want to see the big numbers. Not that the number isn't big enough anyway. But this time is IT. Gonna do it :yes: )

Eydie, you sound like you're coping as well as humanly possible with your situation, like the wise :queen: you are! :grouphug: I'm so glad you got to have your good cry, too. I've got a long-standing history of fighting back tears and then when I'm ready to let go not being able to summon them up.

Kaylets, hmmmm... no, I don't remember the last time I had gum stuck on me but I do remember a couple of years ago rubbing peanut butter into DGS' hair for that reason.

wsw, is it still beastly hot where you are? It's pretty warm here. I think I recall you saying you've got air conditioning in your apartment, though, which is such a relief on a hot day (or night, maybe even more so!). I surely enjoyed the air conditioning in the rental car. The trip would have been pretty brutal without it.

I've been meaning to ask you, do you have tai chi tapes? I keep trying to find some mind/body exercise for my mom, whose mobility is limited.

Amarantha, I was glad to hear you're going to take a few days off. I hope they're perfectly restful and restorative. I'm feeling very strongly like I need to take summers off and live in a house on the ocean. And, to be honest, that's a compromise on my real dream of living in said house and being independently wealthy :lol:

Punkin, I concur wholeheartedly; you want to rule out all explicable causes -- I mean, we're not gullible, right? :no: I had a bizarre experience last night -- woke up from a dream (not a nightmare) and was afraid for no reason I can think of. Who knows? Maybe some subconscious issue coming up that I'm afraid to face? Ah yes, I remember -- feeling the feelings, working through them, realizing that you can feel things and survive. Actually, survive and thrive, better and stronger.

Marbleflys, I'm with you -- youth doesn't last, but one CAN remain immature forever! I'm only half-kidding -- having just turned 50, I think it's my solemn duty to try to stay goofy and have fun! :yes:

Wildfire, mmmm... yes, I am definitely enjoying your upcoming visit vicariously. I forget -- have you met before? Seen photos? Enquiring minds, you know ;)

Frogger, Sydney is so beautiful! What a thrill to have these sweet young spirits to commune with. My grandson is such a source of joy for me! And then he goes home to Mama (which is generally good, too, since they tend to be pretty high-maintenance ;) )

Anagram, hope all goes well with you! Are the kids still visiting sometimes? :grouphug: Sending love!

Ceara, have you managed to follow the breadcrumbs? I hope your recovery speeds up and that you feel like your old young self again soon!

avwoolf, lurkest thou?

And, of course, thoughts go out to Cerise and other wandering royals.

Love to all, mentioned or un- Let's make this one count! :yes:

frogger 08-11-2005 08:16 AM

Good Morning All!! Cube-mate is working from home today so I get a repreive!!!!

Kaylets-Come on down to the beach!!!! I'll buy you lunch (or dinner whatever you prefer)! :D

I still have to pack! I tried to do it last night, but was un-motivated.

Punkinseed 08-11-2005 11:07 AM

Mornin' dahlings,

We've been speaking of youth, immaturity (chosen or otherwise) and age - I had a surreal experience at the Dr.'s yesterday - went in for my quarterly bc shot in the hiney and explained to the nice nurse-girl that I'd had some female issues in the last two months because of taking an herbal supplement (rhodiola rosea - don't take it if you have a uterus, I swear!) and she said "I don't know, how old are you, maybe it's the beginnings of menapause". WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek: She agreed at 35 I'm too young for "the Big M", but just that it was in the realm of her thinking made me think "huh, guess I'm not a kid anymore....". :stress: :lol: :stress: :lol: (hey, that looks like menapause to me!)

Arabella, you've probably nailed it right on the head - I've heard that when you sleep your brain tries to make sense of seemingly senseless things, and deal with things you just don't want to deal with while awake.... I have something called hypnogogic hallucinations (from stress mostly) that occur *right* when I fall asleep and wake me back up - apparently they're pretty common. Ususally it's thinking I heard a crash (and there's nothing), smell smoke (again, nothing) or think there's someone in the house. Meditation has been helping - but there is NOTHING worse than waking up and feeling something is very wrong - for no reason! Our brains are pretty amazing though when you realize all the strange things they can do to make you realize what's going on - whether you want to or not!

Eydie, I'm so sorry you're having to experience these things with your dad. What kind of drugs do they have him on????? Sounds like some sort of opiate - they sound pretty harsh! I agree with everyone else, sometimes you HAVE to just get it out and have a good cry. It's healthy.

Ceara, I'm sorry you're having problems with the new person. I feel ya.... I was out of the office for 30 minutes yesterday and my mom scheduled stuff that made absolutely no sense. And she's been doing this for YEARS (not so much in the last 5 years though). But it was like "jeez, can I even go to the bathroom without something getting screwed up!?!?!?!?". I say we find a couple towelboys and head to the spa! :beach:

I will hopefully spare any of you wondering if those new monster Reese's peanut butter cups are any good. I am the biggest fan of the chocolate/peanut butter combo, but they are NASTY! :tape: :barf: Seriously, I threw one out (bought 2). Good to know!

Well, must call pregnant CA friend and see how the little blob is doing. Haven't spoken in almost a week.... :bb:

Later gators,
Terri

marbleflys 08-11-2005 11:57 AM

SLAP that silly nurse-girl, she's off the wall to open her mouth like that.....(or stuff her bra in her big mouth.....perhaps)

I like that Arabella, one can remain immature forever......will file it away for future use.

I'm taking this challenge seriously, I am being very disciplined with the exercise every morning, no matter how tired I am....I've been in my office past 7PM every night, it's a tough week....(medical school goes all year long, no breaks). Today, I did some hard FIRM cardio and wts. lasted for 35 mins, sweated out some toxins I hope....

I still have hope that I can recover my waist....

I sat down last night at 9 and thought about dinner....just had a salad with a few olives and tomatoes from my garden, promptly fell asleep....today I spent an hour with the contractor who is rewiring my house deciding where to put cable boxes, switches, fixtures, etc....then the race to work.....now the decisions of what students will work with what doc.....

I want to go home and veg...but there is no place to, the contractor is all over the place.

Oh and I'm NOT having the big M either at my advanced age of 48, I'm just plain
b itchy......

BBL, punkin, please detail your interests, thanks!

frogger 08-11-2005 12:50 PM

I'm back on for a bit. What a screwed up place this is. The cube mate is responscible for the weekly reports. Well, he's 'working' from home and apparently cannot do it (so what is this 'working' then?) So I start on them (I have NEVER done one). Then he says oh nevermind I'll do it. It was due at noon to the person they get sent to; she hasn't seen it yet. I should have just done it. It would have taken like 10 minutes tops. He started on it at 9am.

Anyway...
I keep reminding myself I just have to stay awake long enough at work for today and tomorrow. Then VACATION!!!! :cb: Found out DH is getting paid for vacation (they were going to be boobs about not paying him his one week
he was owed from the company they aquired). So that's good news.

Other than that...same old same old...

Arabella 08-12-2005 06:57 AM

Fly by report: Day 3 and all's well

I've got work to do and DGS & his dad arriving 10ish, so I won't linger for the moment. Just want to report another good day in New Resolve. I'm finding that emotions are arising that before I probably would have subdued by shoving them back down my throat with food. Realizing, yes, I can feel sad, sorry, fearful, anxious, etc. and survive.

As :queen: Punkin said, meditation really helps. I felt so sad the other day, was just hanging with the emotion. But after meditating under my tree, I felt peace!

Things I've been tending to miss on my checklist are the most indulgent ones -- fun & creative break. Fun will be a given today, because of DGS. Resolve to have a little creative break too. :yes:

Love to all, mentioned or un- Let's make this a good one!

marbleflys 08-12-2005 10:35 AM

HI Everyone:

Nice attitude Arabella! I do like your direction of thinking (imitation is the highest form of flattery) I should do 1/2 of that.....including FUN which I never seem to have.

OK, I'm on DAY 11 of consistent exercise, put in 36 mins of hard cardio and interval training with weights....my reward is not looking as pudgyish in my clothes today.....

oh if I could only melt at the rate of those infomercials!

Punkinseed 08-12-2005 12:09 PM

Good morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! :cp: :cb: :hat: :woo:

So far, the seat belts on the Halloween wagon are pretty snug! I've got to do some grocery shopping after work tonight, but I'm going with my mom (to help Ms. Gimpy) so it'll be tough to buy a bunch of crap when I have someone with me - hmmm, maybe that's how I should *always* shop!

Frogger, have an awesome, fun, safe vacation! I hope it refreshes and recharges you! :beach: And it's a PAID vacation for DH - even better!

MarbleFlys, well, said nurse confided in me a few months ago that she's going through a divorce, so I was kind and didn't throw her over the exam table, though my red-headed temper wanted me to... I'm actually liking getting older - I like the wisdom (real or implied) that comes with age. I will probably not be one for cosmetic surgery, more like one of those shriveled up little ladies you see on a porch rocker, crocheting and recalling "back in the day".... yup, that'll be me!
You asked me to detail my interests? You mean the ghostie stuff? A friend has always wanted to start a paranormal investigating business so we're going to go see what we can do at this hotel. I'm a believer that leans on the skeptical side, I need proof, not just "someone said....". Other interests, actually most of them, minus my crocheting, tend to lean towards the semi-otherworldly.... energy work, psychic communication (mostly with animal or Earth energy), rune reading, etc. (cue Twilight Zone music)

Arabella, I've been finding that on the days I meditate, I sleep deeper and uninterrupted. Have you found that? I'm pretty new to regular meditation and don't know if this is just a good side effect or coincedence.... Either way, I love the brain clearing sensation, the "all is good with the world" feelings and sense of calm. I think I'm hooked!

Well all, must away to work. An iced coffee is calling my name, and since lunch is light I just may give in to the temptation.... :tired: :coffee:

Have a wonderful weekend!

Terri

Arabella 08-13-2005 08:18 AM

Day 4

Doin' it, doin' it, yuppir. I had a pretty successful day yesterday -- did have nachos and festive beverages last night, but even such as that fit in from time to time. Birthday party tonight, and I will NOT eat cake and ice cream, no matter how good. I think I may take stevia-sweetened lemonade to drink, also taking a big veggie tray.

Punkin, you said it: brain clearing, "all is good with the world" feeling, and calm. Why is it that I resist meditation? It's incredible how perspective-altering it is!

Happy vacation, Frogger!

Love to all, mentioned or un- Have a wonderful, healthful, restorative weekend.

Kaylets 08-13-2005 09:19 AM

Hello all--

Well, good news and bad news...

I got myself in a white sweat lather yesterday trying to fill an internal job posting application on line at my job and then " discreetly" going to HR during lunch to deliver. Turned out must be faxed to another HR dept so the intrigue included one whisphered desk phone call and then finding an empty office for a cell phone call when the first fax # didnt work....and nevermind the drama at the fax machine.....

but, the position has not been filled so that is a defnite plus... and since that makes officially 2 resumes out to the universe, I feel like I've made that mental shift.

Interesting, when I came back to my desk after successfully faxing, a coworker who is new but fast as lightening shared that she had just given her notice.... she is brillant, speaks 4 languages ( 2 of them Chinese) and is the "fast learning" new employee.... she's been w/ the company less than a year and she is leaving to move aprx 45 minutes away w/ her boyfriend. She will find a job when she's ready but I could tell what she was really saying was... " Too much!"
All of this reinforced my own belief that no matter how hard you try, the current answer phones/ processing time cannot work as they think. You have to be doing two things at once to keep up.
But its very difficult to have the accuracy level they want with the contstant interruptions. You wind up looking at the same thing 1/2 a dozen times and meanwhile you're thinking "Hurry up!!!"

Bad news, found out the VP has chocolate in his office. Thought he only had hard candies...
I ate far too much. And today am in MORE MORE MORE mode... but am slugging tea hoping to hang tough and detox....

I definitely see where my STRESS = SUGAR equation needs a big defense plan.....

hmmmm

Frogger, too bad I couldnt meet you for lunch.... But I have time off in 2 weeks so the next weesks are full bore, pedal to the metal....

Eydie, crying is a good thing.... I would too. This is a tough thing for anyone to watch helplessly. And you ARE doing something. You went to be w/ him and he is constantly in your thoughts. Yes, I realize, that's not enough. That's the toughest part. (((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))

Empress, hope you are able to rest, relax, enjoy......

WoodNymph-- You are an inspiration!

Marbleflys: I'm in Delaware, are you in South or North of NJ??

Punkin: How's your mom feeling??

I need to go and get a haircut....
guess I should just go and do it.