Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:29 AM   #61  

Well, hmmm, I managed to post 2x yesterday, and it's not even in order.. It was when the site was going down ..Anyhoo,

Kiwi, I haven't had a problem with the marinade being sucked out ..some drips I stop sucking when the liquid starts to move up..

WABBO: That is hysterical! My husband use to vacuum seal his hunting clothes to keep that loverly woodsy, deer pee smell.

painty: are you up knitting or are you sleeping?
Sug: I concur with Cowsie, or pick #1.
CowPer: I 'd take em both to lunch.. or you can take just Boss one day.. and get a little gift for coworker.
FOODSUCKERS RULE! I always got frosty freezer burn or ice crystals when I used ziplocks..

Well I'm sitting here waiting for the professional humpers to come and take away all our crappola..I may be "off the air" until Monday.. Have ta clean, and then drive to our new home in North Caroliner..!!!!
P key is sticking..note to self: must clean keyboard.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #62  
loves kleenex box art

this is the woman who said I was getting a raise July 1 .. no raise yet. Think I want to pay for her lunch?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #63  
Member w/ messiest house

Do not take the boss to lunch!!!!! This is like not tipping the owner of the hair salon! Well, that's what I think anyway. She should take her employees out for their birthdays if that is what she likes to do, but you are absolutely under no obligation to take her out, especially when the birthday is past. I mean, if she was somewhat of a friend, you might have wanted to take her out to lunch for her birthday, but obviously that's not the case -- maybe a birthday card would have been appropriate, but I sure wouldn't worry about that after the fact. Consider it your due as an employee to be taken out for your birthday.

Here is what I was typing when the site went down last night:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Which would YOU take:
1. 5 yr old dog who is sweet and well-behaved but terrified (more than the usual dog terror) of going to the vet.
2. 3 yr old dog that is cuter than do #1 but pretty bouncy and wild AND possibly cannot be left alone at home for any length of time.

In Mike's description it said "No other animals. No children. Attacks people." Whoah. That's one mean feline.
Whoa, Mike's a real catch, eh? Re: dog choice -- a lot depends on how much you can/want to do. Although you will have to deal with the vet fear with dog1, overall he sounds much more enjoyable than dog2, who is going to need all kinds of training to be tolerable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Kiwi, am I supposed to apologize for the snooty comment or have I coined a phrase which you enjoy using.
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Split infinitive ... putting stuff between the "to" and the "verb." Like: To contently moo or To contently barf or To contently wrap fishing poles in plastic.
You are totally making me sputter with laughter today, Peachcow. What the heck is "contently"? Is it important to contently use made up words when splitting an infinitive?

It's nice to have a ready made post to paste in there when you having nothing to say...

Kiwi
Old 08-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #64  

I vote for dog #1 too, Sugar. It is exactly like a man - even if dog #2 is cuter, and seems all full of energy, that appeal will wear off quickly if they don't behave themselves. aaaand if you get a bad one, they can make your life unbearable.

Peach, don't take the boss to lunch. Not your obligation. She is your boss, not your pal. You can like her (sounds like you don't, though) but she's still your boss. I always buy the guys that work for us a birthday gift and card, but I certainly don't expect anything in return. I'd buy the new girl a card and call it good.

Now that I've been feeding the white stray kitty here at the shop, another kitty has shown up. It's really pretty gray and white, but I don't want another kitty. It looks skinny too. What is with ppl not taking care of their animals??? I think ppl that live in apartments down the street move out and leave their animals to fend for themselves. What to do?

I bought an outfit for the wedding this weekend. It's a floaty kind of skirt and a sleeveless summer sweater. kinda corally colored. found it at Ann Taylor. I love Ann Taylor clothes. Wish I was skinny, I'd buy lots of clothes. I looked old in the dressing room mirrors. hate those mirrors.

See you at your new place Schatzi. Hope your move is uneventful.

The truth about food suckers - I like ziplocks because I'm lazy. Food suckers make your food last longer, but you have to get them out, set up a little assembly line, be somewhat organized. My food never stays in the freezer long enough to get freezer burn. And the food sucker bags are expensive. unless maybe you have a Sam's Club.

Hi Bagzie - we miss you. Hi Painty, are you feeling ok? Hi Kiwi, too. and anyone else who might be lurking around.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:19 PM   #65  

I agree with Kiwi about bosses and lunch....
Or, if the office is getting big enough... ask for a discussion about what to do about lunches... I worked one place where we did monthly lunches... and it was the festivity that was the celebration rather than somebody else picking up/getting stuck with the tab. Or you could be holier than everyone and suggest a contribution of a cow (or something) to Darfur... (My ex's wife did that for Christmas one year, boy did my kids think that stank!!!!)... Noble, though.

I haven't had breakfast. I haven't knit. I slept really really late.
I will put fresh sheets on DD's bed and see what's in the fridge... ziplocked or not.

My husband chatted up the Spanish speaking cleaning ladies. Turns out they work allllll the time... and have somebody else clean THEIR houses. Smart chicas, no?
Old 08-12-2005, 02:53 PM   #66  
Member w/ messiest house

Wabby, did you ever post that kitty photo? Do you want me to? Your outfit for the wedding sounds nice. I'm wearing the 2piece dress I bought for my nephew's wedding in May -- all the people will be different (this is DH's nephew), so I don't even have to feel like a one-trick pony.

I keep my foodsaver out, and I have a drawer of the rolls of bagstuff. I also wash them and re-use them, but this isn't any worse for me than ziplocs, cuz I wash and re-use a lot of them too. Because I'm cheapcheapcheap. I even made a rack for drying them by cutting up an old wooden clothes rack. Yes, I am cheapcheapcheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
Or you could be holier than everyone and suggest a contribution of a cow (or something) to Darfur... (My ex's wife did that for Christmas one year, boy did my kids think that stank!!!!)... Noble, though.
So, long-timers, should I tell her?

Kiwi
Old 08-12-2005, 03:23 PM   #67  

Kiwi--
Did I step in a cow pattie?

Tell me. Tell me.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:44 PM   #68  
fatter than U

Cool Sometimes life makes decisions for you

Well, we got to the shelter today right when it opened and found that BOTH dogs had been spoken for yesterday afternoon so that was that. Oh pooh. I think we would have taken #1 but I'm happy that he found a home somewhere else. Another doggie will come along in no time, I'm sure.

Hey, I would never choose a man according to his looks. It's the size of his bank account that really counts, right? Ha ha. Only kidding.

It's just pouring right now and I feel like crap. I've been sleeping SO poorly lately. Had to stay up until 3 a.m. last night reading Harry Potter.

I am thinking of going to meet some expat type foreigner people in Germany at the end of October in a city I've never been to before. Do you think I should take an axe with me?
Old 08-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #69  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Talking A Noble Gift Of A Cow

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PAINTY!!!!---KIWI BOUGHT US A COW FOR CHRISTMAS A FEW YEARS AGO!!!! SHE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO SOCIALLY APPROPRIATE AND POLITCALLY ADORABLE!!!!!-----ONE THING I AM HOPING AFTER ALL THIS DISCUSSION-----THE PEOPLE IN DARFUR {OR WHEREEVER KIWI BOUGHT OUR COW} HAVE AN EFFIN FOODSUCKER FOR THE VILLAGE!!!!-----------
Old 08-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #70  
loves kleenex box art

LOL Bagz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have got me laughing like the hyena I am! Snort
Old 08-12-2005, 08:47 PM   #71  
Member w/ messiest house

Really. ~snort~
Old 08-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #72  

Hey... I'm all for being socially generous, appropriate and trying to prevent cruelty to animals, children, etc. etc. (though I do exclude most politicians)... but it's substituting when some small (immature? young?) person has hopes for a suprise and a treat....
Those care packages with yarns and balloons and soapy good smelling stuff when I was first dealing with my DX were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than a photo of a cow going somewhere else. Yeah. I'm shallow. Fat. But shallow.

Sug... so sorry the little fuzz buckets were already spoken for.... I'm sure there will be more with loving hearts.
And no, I don't think you'll need an axe to meet ex-pats... I wonder if all the ex-pats feel jumpy like that. How sad that people over here (inside OR outside the beltway) have ruined all of our reputations.... Not the Newfies or Canucks, mind you... the 'Mur'kans.

Anybody want to discuss Kite Runner? I'm haunted by it a little... can't figure out why.

OK. gonna join hubby and knit a bit before DD needs picking up at airport.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:30 PM   #73  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
but it's substituting when some small (immature? young?) person has hopes for a suprise and a treat....
Of course, I totally agree; just had to tweak you a bit .
Quote:
KIWI BOUGHT US A COW FOR CHRISTMAS
That was back in 2001 (post 9/11), when giving was the new getting or something. Buying presents seemed so irrelevant at the time. Fortunately I got over that...

Let me just say this:

The breeze coming through my window smells like blueberries!

Kiwi
Old 08-13-2005, 09:34 PM   #74  
loves kleenex box art

Fuzz buckets ... that's what DS & I call our cats. How curious.,

Kiwi, I cooked sirloin in the oven by your directions. Delicious and perfect. But I do have a bit of a mess. So grateful for self-cleaning ovens. I used the broiler pan and the grease splattered a bit plus when I moved the pan to the upper shelf, it smoked a little. Not too much though. Just the grease getting hot.

We are looking for a car for DS. Nothing yet. A teacher friends emailed all her teacher buddies and came up with these prospects:

* A van that has to be jump started
* A teacher friend whose DH owns the local dealership. They have used cars. I spoke to him and he said he'd have a salesman call me but none did. I mentioned how little DS has to spend.

Then I called my mechanic who talked me out of buying froma dealer and said not to buy anything without letting him look at it first. Still, I don't know where to find this car.

Blueberries are wonderful. I saw them in the store and they were molding. I left them there.

I got my hair cut today. Went in, picked a style out of a magazine and she duplicated it. Right now, it's all sprayed flat so I don't know the real outcome.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:45 PM   #75  
Member w/ messiest house

Went to wedding. Came home. Tired. Bored. Must go to another party today. This is getting a little old. You know you're depressed when you don't want to have fun.

Feeble complaint of the day: DH talked me out of going to see puppies while we were in the area yesterday. Then after we left the wedding reception, he insisted on looking at an old boat that was for sale.

Sympathetic murmurings will be accepted with good grace. Or you can slap me.

Kiwi
Closed Thread