Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 10:18 PM   #61  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, but I forgot to mention--Tower 2000 is less than 2 miles away from the place we went right before that, so the shopping center is still very close
Old 08-23-2005, 08:04 AM   #62  
Eating for two!

Yes, I absolutely am becoming a scale wh*re If it depressed me or discouraged me, I wouldn't do it, but I take it lightly on every day but Thursday (weigh-in day!), so I don't see much harm in it. It actually sometimes motivates me--like Good Lord, I gained HOW much over the weekend?! I better work my butt off during the week, then!

I skipped the gym yesterday in order to go out to the new apartment place to drop off our rental applications. I get there, and the lady is like, did you both sign the addendum to allow us to pull your credit report? Excuse me? Addendum? Nobody mentioned any addendum to me on Sunday afternoon while we were there OR the two times I called yesterday to make sure it wouldn't be a problem to drop off both applications if Jeff couldn't be there in person! ARGH! So I had to call Jeff and make him drive over to sign the addendum after work, so instead of being able to run the applications for approval yesterday afternoon, they can't do it till this morning (Jeff couldn't get there till after the leasing lady left for the day). So now I still don't know if we will be approved (I know I have great credit, but Jeff has almost NO credit--only a car loan; no credit cards, no student loans, nothing). I'm pretty sure that's the stress that caused last night's binge on pistachio ice cream. I don't even LIKE pistachio ice cream, but it was there, ya know? I never have ice cream in the house, but I had bought it to make Jeff a milkshake over the weekend. I would have sent it home with him (like I sent him home with the last 3 pieces of lasagna so I wouldn't eat them!), but it would have melted in the 1.5-hour drive home. But, now the ice cream is gone, and I will get that call about the apartment at some point this morning (the leasing office opens at 10--2 more hours...), and I think I'm about done PMS-ing, so no more excuses for eating poorly!! Although I do have to skip the gym again today in order to go to the pharmacy to pick up a refill on my pills
Old 08-23-2005, 08:18 PM   #63  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hey, guys - sorry I've been scarce. It was a busy weekend and Monday found me running errands and once again attempting to find a bra that fits well. Hit Fashion Bug that time - still no luck, though I'm getting closer to knowing what I need in a bra.

Today was Howie's appointment at the neurologist's. Rather than reinvent the wheel, how about I just link to my post about it? Read it here.

Jill, the floor plan looks nice in that apartment! Hope it works out for you guys. Don't let the stress make you abuse your body and bring you down; there's so much in life over which we have no control at all, but what we eat, we do have control over. Look at it that way, and do yourself a favor by exercising control over the one thing you really can.

I don't always follow that advice to a T, but I know I feel better when I do. (((hugs)))

Aimee, you feeling any better? Glad your birthday was a good one. Nothing like stretching it out a few days, I say! When we got the distressing news about Howie's MRI on mine, I decided I'd better have a birthweek in order to salvage the joy, LOL.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:45 AM   #64  
Eating for two!

Well, I worked my tail off at Ruby's last night! I started my shift at 4pm and was the only server on until 5:15, so I had a bunch (maybe 7 or 8) of tables to myself in that time. Then, the girl who was supposed to be my partner called out due to family emergency, so the guy who had bartended all day stayed and clocked in as my partner server. Well, he didn't feel much like working since he had bartended all day already, so he basically just clocked in so we could say that, yes, we were fully staffed for the shift. He didn't take any tables all night, so I had the whole section to myself. I was cut at 9pm, so I worked about 5 hours, and I made $102 (and that's after I tipped out the bartender, the salad bar attendant, and the hostess)! Yay money!! I need a new couch, so that's a nice start. I also was in a good mood from having just found out that we were approved for the new apartment, so I picked up some extra shifts. I'm now CLOSING tonight (which means I won't get home till about midnight--eek!) and working on Saturday morning (I NEVER work weekends!) AND working Tuesday night next week (even though I had requested it off because I am getting a filling at the dentist that afternoon). One of our servers has come down with mono, so all of his shifts needed to be covered, so I am happy to help, especially if I keep making the bucks like I did last night--I'll have that new couch in NO time!

Another thing that will help me save some $$ is that Jeff and I were approved "standard" for the apartment--that's what the lady kept telling me. Finally, I was like, what does that mean?? She said that means we don't even have to pay a security deposit. Woohoo!! More money to keep in our pockets!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:59 PM   #65  
Howie6267's Honey

Hooray on your apartment approval - and no security deposit! That's terrific!
Old 08-24-2005, 08:36 PM   #66  
Howie6267's Honey

Well, it's been a horrid headache day. I think I'll read in bed and sleep early. That's the plan, anyway. I need to be in good shape tomorrow to drive Howie to and from his tests.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:49 AM   #67  
Howie6267's Honey

Plan failed...I stayed up and waited for Howie to come home. Where are you guys? Quiet night on the old homethread.

Okay, this time I'm really out of here.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:45 PM   #68  
Howie6267's Honey

All right, now - where is everyone? It's not even the weekend!
Old 08-26-2005, 02:08 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 220/210/145

Height: 5'4

Hey Ya'll,
Just stopping by to say hey. I have been in training all day and at night this week for my new job. I'll post a long one this weekend. TTYL,
Vicki
Old 08-26-2005, 06:12 AM   #70  
Eating for two!

Well, change of plans for this weekend. Jeff usually comes here and stays with me on weekends, but this weekend he can't, so I'm going over to his place instead. Why, you ask? Well, because someone smashed his car window and stole his airbags! Stealing airbags is becoming an increasingly popular trend, especially around the DC metro area. They are worth a lot more than even most car stereos (yeah, they didn't even take Jeff's radio, just his airbags!). So Jeff doesn't have his car for 2-3 weeks since there is a 2-week wait to get into the dealership just to have them look at it, let alone fix it. His car was towed to the dealership (since the steering wheel had to be taken apart to get the airbag out), so now it's just sitting there, I guess. In the meantime, Jeff's lucky his cousins have an extra old car (saving it for if their 17-year old son ever gets his license), so he can use that to get to and from work, but it's already got like 200,000 miles on it, so he's not about to try and drive it all the way to my place, and I certainly don't blame him. To try and cheer him up, I went to Border's yesterday and got him 2 books. One is a collection of stories by his favorite horror author (H. P. Lovecraft)--it's a really nice hardcover edition, and the other is a book I saw on the bargain table for 9.99: 501 Must-See Movies of All Time. He's ALWAYS finding these lists online of movies we just "have" to see, so I figure this way, it's more founded, since this gives reasons why they chose each movie, who stars in them, what awards they've won, etc. I think he'll like it It'll give him more stuf to order on his Netflix.

Other than that, things are going well. I lost 3 pounds at TOPS last night, which technically put me at 279.8 (under 280), but they record anything over .75 as rounded up to the nearest pound, so my book still says 280. That's okay--gives me .2 pounds to bank on for next week, right (says Jill as she finishes her McDonald's bacon egg and cheese bagel and hashbrown--a treat only once every other Friday morning)
Old 08-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #71  
Howie6267's Honey

Hey, Vicki - Good to see you. Looking forward to hearing about your new job and life in Japan.

Jill, bummer about Jeff's car and that he has to wait so long for a repair. Does he have a sheltered place to keep it or does he have to go the duct-tape and plastic route? I never thought about airbag theft.

Howie's hurting today from those tests. He was up in his chair for a while, but just went to lie down. I hope there's something that will help him. He's glad it's only Friday and that he has two days off, that's a good thing.

Another good thing is that today is farmer's market day, always fun. Rain's forecast, so it might be a wet trip today. That's okay, I can deal with a little rain if we keep these wonderful days in the 70's!

Aimee, where you hiding? Come out, come out!
Old 08-27-2005, 12:50 PM   #72  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Default Hey, gang, been a long time

Hello, crew,

Guess it's been a long time, a few months anyway. Sorry I haven't checked in sooner. Lot's of stresses going on that I needed to work through.

At least I didn't drown myself in hostess ho hos.

I'm still going to the gym and even have a fair amount of mus-kels (as Popeye would say) now.

I do think I owe all ya all an apology for just dropping out. I know people depend on the threads for support.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:50 PM   #73  
Howie6267's Honey

Marge! Welcome back!

It's wonderful to see you, friend.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:37 PM   #74  
Eating for two!

MARGE!! Welcome back, chickie! Long time no see--glad to hear you're still hitting the gym. We've missed you, but have kept your little group going!
Old 08-28-2005, 01:22 PM   #75  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Default you skinny minnies!

Thanks

Boy, you ladies have gotten to be real skinny minnies since I've been gone!
Closed Thread