3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Chit Chat #139 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/62827-weight-loss-chit-chat-139-a.html)

tommysgirl18 08-07-2005 08:28 PM

Jan~ Actually the name that we had picked out for a boy, was already a combination of the friend’s first name and his “adopted” dad’s first name.

Judy~ Welcome to the group!

Katie~ I am still keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers during this time.

Cristi~ He still hasn’t picked up the baby name books yet. I have been keeping a running list of names that we have agreed on before, or ones that I have come up with and he liked. Now, I just have to go and get rid of all the girls names and start again.

odbeth 08-08-2005 08:08 AM

Good Morning Ladies---

Thought I'd hollar in before heading out this morning. I can't believe it but it is so foggy here this morning...it reminds me of October. I wonder if we will have an early fall.... Hope everyone had a good weekend. I think I must have had the flu or something like it....a mild case that just left me feeling cruddy all last week. Had fever all Saturday and Sunday then started feeling up to par last night. Yea!!!! just in time to get back into school. lol.!.. I got a summons for jury duty next Monday--the 15th--which is the first day the kids are back in school. I'm going to call today and see if I can get out of that. I hate for my 4 and 5 year olds to come to school their first day and have a sub! I really never mind to much going in--feel like it's my duty and all--but I just don't think that would be good for me kiddos on the first day of school....DS#2--Tanner got the tires off the lawnmower for me yesterday so I'll try to go into Amarillo after school and see if I can get them fixed some where....my yard is getting out of control--Yikes!!

Hope ya'll have a great day and i'll pop in tonight...

jetall 08-08-2005 12:53 PM

Hi All,
I missed checking in earlier but I'm here. :)

The fact that there are other Canadians on the list is one of the things that attracted me to come here. Nice to finally 'meet'.

Daughter's team came in second in their category of the tournament. The final game was a nail-biter. They lost by 1 run. I think by then that everyone was very tired and just glad it was over. Some of the women on the co-ed team were also on a women's team with some of their games back-to-back. How could they not be tired? It was a hot day besides.

Hubby had 2 hernias operated on back in June. Today is his first day back at work. He is a part-time driver for a handi-transit bus (wheelchairs, etc) in the city. I think he is glad to get back to his regular routine.

hugs,
Judy

Neets 08-08-2005 12:56 PM

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone had a good weekend. We went to my BIL&SIL's on Saturday and went swimming in their pool. Joycelyn just loves swimming and stayed in the pool for 45 minutes with her aunt and her uncle.

We had a pretty rough trip there though. It seems that our little angel HATES travelling in the car and uses car rides to scream really loudly. So after a horrible ride there out sweetie was very upset. (not to mention her parents) Until she saw the pool and then her face lit right up and she wanted to go in while still wearing her clothes.

Anyway, I had a great time, and even managed to stay on program. I had to bring my own food mind you but I did, and as a result I was rewarded with a 2 pound weight loss. YAY!

This weekend will be really hard though, We have our annual Mexican day up at the trailer and the food will be abundant, and fattening, and totally NOT on my program. So I am wondering if anyone has any low carb/fat recipes for Mexican food. I am still going to stay on program, I really want the weight off and the only way is to stick to it.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Anita

Jane 08-08-2005 01:38 PM

It's Monday again!

Cristi - it's been so dry here, and it's hard to water everything that needs it. We need rain so bad, and it's gone all around us, with not a drop here. A walk to the PO sounds just right for you, when the temps aren't too dangerous.

Marti - did you have fun at the BBQ? And how did Jhanai take the news of your not smoking? Bet she was ecstatic!

Sue - well, gee whiz, I just got the iron all heated up and then you tell me you did it yourself, lol. I've been going to the Y 3 days a week. It's usually a pain to work it in, but when I actually get there, I'm so glad I did. It hasn't even been a month yet, and I can tell such a difference in my energy level. Soon I should be able to see results with the tape measure, too.

Judy - our fellow JL Ellen lives in Ontario, too. It's cool that you found a long lost friend. I found one through Bigfoot, when it was still free, and called her out of the blue. She was glad and truly amazed to hear from me. We're planning to get together one of these days.

Angie - aww, thanks so much for the kind words!!!!!!! I wondered if Must Love Dogs would be worth going to the movies. Diane Lane just seems so much older than John Cusak. I just can't see them together, so thanks for the critique of it. OMG, I bet you about killed the one who mixed the clean and dirty clothes, lol. Katie has been known to put dirty dishes in the d/w and that's bad enough!

Mindee - oic about the name.

Beth - glad you're feeling better. I can't imagine missing the first couple days of school, either, since you're the teacher. My DH is a college professor, and even he doesn't like to miss. Your little ones will expect to see you, but good luck telling that to the powers that be.

Anita - YAY for the loss!! :cp: You're doing great. Anytime you're surrounded by food that isn't the healthiest, just remember, portion control. You can fill most of your plate with harmless foods, and take a small amount of the other stuff.

We had a great weekend. Had lots of fun with the grandkids. Also, I sewed my dust ruffle to my comforter, so it's all one piece, and I don't have to worry about the blanket hanging down too far this winter. Watched a couple of old movies, and just basically goofed off. This is Neal's last week for teaching summer school, and we're not sure what we're going to do next week. Think we're gonna build a closet, lol.

See you later!!

Marti 08-08-2005 02:44 PM

Hello girls!

Ok, let me get this off my chest before I start. I am admitting a small failure. I had a cigarette w/my brother yesterday. :nono: But believe me, it wasn't fullfilling and I sat there asking why I was smoking it. Also, I didn't even have a craving for it, I just took one. Now how bad is that??? At least I didn't smoke the whole thing.

Anyway, not going to happen again. I know I'm not perfect but darn it!

Jane--Jhanai wasn't w/me by the time I smoked that cigarette. But when she found out she was happy. She was reading these post w/me thats how she found out. I told her that I'm trying my best to get rid of them and I will do what I can to make sure I'm smoke free for the rest of my life but it takes time. She just smiled.

Anita--Congrats on 2 more pounds!! Now, are you taking progress pictures for yourself so you can see how fare you've come? As for the Mexican food, I don't know of any personally but I'm sure if you looked some up online you'd find one. Maybe I'll check out my WW books.

Judy--I'm sure your DH is thrilled to be back to work. Poor guy going through two hernias! I've heard they were very painful. Glad he's doing much better.

Beth--I forget that school starts for a lot of kids in August. Here it starts after Labor day. I hope you are able to get out of Jury Duty. And our weather, it has cooled a tad around here. I'm hoping for a early fall since I'm really tired of the summer!!

The BBQ yesterday was so much fun. To see all the little ones and see our faces in them was something else! My brother had brought over our neice & nephew (their dad/my other brother wasn't able to come) and when we were taking pictures it was like "Wow, theres a little Adam, and theres a little Sarah". Have you all experienced that w/your family? We want to get all our neices & nephews together and get some family photos before they're too old and don't want to cooperate w/us! :lol:

I didn't eat much at all, pretty much kept a baby in my arms. It was a great day EXCEPT for the mishap later on at home w/the cig. :lol:

Ok, I'm off to get some breakfast.

I'll check in later.

odbeth 08-08-2005 09:43 PM

Hello, Hello, Hello girls---

Marti, I admire you for 'fessin' up---you're being accountable to yourself and it sounds like it was more of just a habit to take one when someone else was smoking....maybe your brother will see your determination and decide to quit too? I would think it would be difficult when some in your family still smoke....kinda like my mother always trying to send food home for my kids cause she thinks they're deprived while I'm trying to lose weight and then who ends up eating it??? grrrrr ....me of course. We've had a talk this time though---I told her I just love her to death and I know that she thinks she's comforting my kids but that I would throw it away from now on.....my kids heard me say it too....I don't think they're going to starve.

School was good today---just teachers-- but we had a work shop on some internet sites for our kids to look up all kinds of stuff and little lessons we could do with it. It's just kinda hard getting back into the groove. So far I'll have 8 Pre-K and 11 Kinders so we will be BUSY!!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: I did call about jury duty and they were very understanding and told me they would defer my summons which means they'll just add my name on a different date which will be okay. Stayed OP today---drank lots of water and ate lots of fruit. Started walking at school with my sister---she teaches 5th grade at the same elementary I'm at.

Anita--2 pounds!!! You go girl!!! Someone gave me this for chips and they're pretty good when you're wanting crunchy. Get parmesan cheese and spread evenly but not very thick in a teflon pan. Heat it until it melts and is very light brown. Flip it out and let it cool and break it into chip size---They're pretty good with salsa.

Hello to everyone else and hope things are going your way!
Love to all---

da fat n da furious 08-08-2005 10:43 PM

Hello all,

Anita, Brandon used to hate the car rides,,,and scream till he was almost purple. Hes ok now...but again hes almost 18.
YAY! 2 more pounds gone!

Marti,,,two steps forward,,,one step back,,,hey your still ahead! keep going

Jane,,,your going to make a closet? OMG how could I have forgotten our Ellen? Sorry Ellen....hugs

Beth, thats nice of the jury people to let you move your time to another date. Sounds like you are going to be having fun this school year...are they full time? half days or 2 days aweek?

Judy,,,ouch! My youngest son had a hernia on new years eve 2000. We spent our night in the hospital and brought the new year in quietly...

Well I woke to a cold and rainy day,,,no complaints here. Had a few emails about Evita, the next play Im working on. The meeting is on the 27th, we are leaving for holidays then. They may change the time so I can be there. Then Im back intime for the auditions. How many times will I have to hear Don't Cry for Me Argintina?
Well I should get going....

Tea Rose 08-09-2005 12:02 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...se1/lilacs.gifHello Girls
I just have a minute to squeeze in a quick hello, its hard getting on the computer lately. I can hardly wait to have my own hooked up ,upstairs.Its still really hot here, not really get anything done. I'm sorry I don't have time to catch up with everyones news tonight , but I will try soon, I promise. Things should settle down in the fall,I hope, but for now not its so calm here. I hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying their summers.I just wanted to send Hugs to all, and can hardly wait to get back on a regular basis, I sure miss you all so much,and I have to get aquainted with the new ladies. I'm sorry I missed your Birthday Beth, Happy Belated Birthdayhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...se1/cakelg.gif I will come back as soon as I can. :wave:

Marti 08-09-2005 06:47 AM

Thank you ladies for being so kind.

Beth--I believe you're right. I was just talking away w/my brother and I just grabbed one. He smoked menthols and they are nasty. And of coarse, I couldn't just let it slide w/out fessin' up. I have to be honest w/all you girls!

Angie--How long will your vacation be? You're going to have so much fun. Are you going to be ok walking on your foot? How 'bout Brandon and his foot? What is w/your family and your feet??? ;) I am SO looking forward to when James can take a vacation. He needs one so much. He's worn out! Poor guy. Plus, I miss him terribly when he's away!

Ellen--I just love your pretty post. I still haven't figured out how to get the clipart! Someday maybe. We miss you and we look forward to your post when you have more time.

Hello to the rest of our JL's.

I have to say, I'm so tired! Mondays back to work are just hard anyway. I get up so early compared to the rest of the week. I am looking forward to the weekend already. Have plans to stay busy. My brothers son will be flying in next weekend w/his mom to visit. My DB would like for him to move here and stay w/him. I think it would be best. We'll see. My nephew is only 7.

Well I've jabbered on long enough and I'm getting sleepy so I better get going.

I'll catch up in the morning. (my morning!)

Katiecat 08-09-2005 10:29 AM

Good morning, ladies...

Well, I'm back home, and have to go to work today. Not sure if I'm ready to, but I have to. I'm glad my company offers bereavement leave and I was able to go be with my family, but three days? "Oh, you lost a loved one? OK, you should be able to take care of things, wrap it up, and get over it in three days, right?" But I guess that's pretty standand. Tim says he thinks I really didn't get any closure...Linda was very specific that she didn't want a service, just wanted to be cremated, and her husband respected her wishes. I understand his decision, but it left us all...just...hanging. My other sister and I went to our Mom's in Montana since she isn't able to travel right now. We talked, and looked at family slides (some families did home movies, our dad did slides), pictures of Linda's graduation, and her wedding. I borrowed a handful of slides from Mom and I'm having prints made to make a scrapbook for Mom, and my other sister, and my niece.

Tim and I pretty much stayed OP, except a few times -- like when we were stuck in Vegas because we had missed our flight due to weather, and there was nothing open for dinner, and we hadn't eaten since like 10 am...the next morning as soon as we got into Salt Lake, we ate at the first place that was open, and I know the breakfast we had was probably 15 points. Ah well, we just dusted ourselves back off and started over. We missed our first WI, was supposed to be Saturday, so this Saturday it will be 2 weeks on WW, crossing my fingers...hope that ticker will be moving...

Marti, hang in there...we know you can do it. Doing things out of habit is hard to break, and I'm glad to hear that you weren't craving nicotine when that happened. But, I know you can do it!!! :cheer:

OK, ladies, wish I had more time for individuals, but I have to shower, make my lunch and get out the door. Thanks for all your kind words, and I'll talk to you all soon.

jetall 08-09-2005 02:06 PM

It was a lazy morning for me. I woke up feeling nauseous. I felt no better after breakfast so I laid on the bed and fell asleep. (I had only been up about an hour and had done nothing yet to make me tired.) Still not A-1 but I guess this is as good as it gets for today. :(

It is still hot and humid. This month the hydro bill is $120 more than last month. Air conditioning is expensive but I can't imagine life without it. This kind of weather makes it easier to drink lots of water. (I looked for a 'drinking water' smiley but didn't find one. Is there one there?)

hugs,
Judy

Jane 08-10-2005 12:37 AM

Hi ladies,

Marti - glad you're determined to not smoke any more. I especially like what Angie said, with 2 steps forward, and 1 back, you're still ahead!

Angie - I never did see the Madonna version of Evita. Did you, and was it any good? She is not one of my faves at all, but I just wondered what kind of a job she did with that. Your vacation will be here before you know it. Send me a post card, ok?

Karla, this is the place - just jump in and say hi, ok?

Yep, we're building a closet the length of the extra room. It will be for Neal since he has a little dinky one and I have a huge walk-in, lol. He has some time off before classes start again, so that's why we're starting it this weekend.

Better get on off to bed... gotta get up early and walk Kathy's dog, then walk at the Y.

Toodles! :cool:

shortiemetoo 08-10-2005 01:10 AM

Hello everyone!! Jane thank you so much for inviting me!!! I really enjoyed reading through all the bio's and now this thread also!!! What an awesome group of women you are!!!

I know I wont remember everyone but:
Marti, way to go on stopping smoking!!! Even though you did have one cigarette it is so much better than 1 pack or 1 carton! You are doing great!!

jetall: I hope you stop feeling better...there isn't too much worse than feeling bad when it is hot! Ick...it is nice and comforting to get under the covers and snuggle up when it is cold, but not during the heat (((((hugs))))) and I hope you feel better by the time you read this!

Katie I am sorry for your loss ((((((Hugs)))))) and I think after the stress and long plane trip etc., you did very well by only eating 15 points worth of breakfast!!! You did great!!!

Hi tearose: Nice to meet you!

Hi da fat n da furious: I had to laugh when I read your name...so cute!!! I'm impressed!!! I envy you for waking up to a nice rainy day...it was 100 here today...ick!

Hi odbeth: Wow a teacher!!! How fun!! I hope you enjoy the time before the kidlets get back to school!! I taught pre-school and kindergarten for 7 glorious years!!! I love that everything is still magical, but there is that independence peeking out!!! Such a cool age!

Wow Jane: Build a closet...that is so neat! I wish I had space to do that as I have a lot of "stuff" I could put in it...lol

I hope you all have a wonderful night!! I am on south beach, and started counting calories at 190 in mid June for 2 weeks, lost 10 lbs of water weight and then started South beach...my total weight loss so far is 20.8 lbs. I went to Disneyland a few weeks ago for 6 days and only gained 1 pound so that was a victory to me!!! I lost that and 1 additional pound the next week!
Thank you for the warm welcome Jane!!!

Marti 08-10-2005 06:28 AM

Hmmmm.....I could have sworn that I got on here earlier and posted before work. But I guess I didn't.

Long day at work. I don't know why it seemed so long, but it did. I was tired driving home! I hate driving while I"m so tired.

Katie--James' family did slides too. In fact, we have boxes of them in our shed. What a wonderful thing to do by making a scrapbook! I would like to do some pages of my grandma. Someday.....

Judy--Hope the nausea is gone. Could it have been from the heat? This weather we've been having is brutal in some places in the States.

Jane--Well aren't you just spoiled?! :) All that closet space and Neil has to go and make himself one! :lol: I would love to have clothes to fill a walk in closet!! That would be great. All in size 6's that I fit into. Hmmmm....wonder if that'll ever come true?

Karla--Welcome to the JL's!! I've seen that you've been at 3fc for a little while, how did you come to find us? I'm glad you did and I'm looking forward to getting to know you more!

Hello to all the other Ladies! Cristi, Susan, Angie, Katy,......now, why do I try to remember all the names?? You all know who I'm calling for, :D Hello and come back soon!

Well, James just called and is on his way home. Such great timing! It seems that I haven't seen him in ages, so going to bed at the same time will be great!

Off I go to wait for my honey!

Chat w/ya in the afternoon!