3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss & Chit Chat #138 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/62385-weight-loss-chit-chat-138-a.html)

Marti 07-29-2005 01:41 PM

Hello again ladies--

Boy, sometimes I wonder if I sleep!

Katy--Sorry to hear that you were sick. Being sick in the summer is just plain miserable. It's good to hear that you're feeling much better. So I've got to ask, the yarn that you need for that clapotis, is it a special kind of yarn?? Or just too expensive and that's why you went to e-bay?
Have lots of fun celebrating birthdays and going to the zoo!

Sue--I'm so proud of you that you're still walking even though this heat is just misarble! Do you walk early mornings or late evenings? I'm so w/you about being ready for the Fall to get here. I've never been a Summer kind of gal (and my ghost white legs will prove it! :D ) and the Fall just has a lot of good memories for me now that I've been w/James. Fall is my favorite!

Cristi--I think having an exercising room would be wonderful, but I can see where it's "hard to get motivated" part when you don't have anyone to work out w/you. I have plenty of stuff here at home too. But the idea of getting together w/a few girls at work seems to motivate me more into exercising than pulling out all the things I have here at home. My gazelle is still being used, just not everyday like it was. I'm so ashamed. But hopefully I will start using it more again after I get going in the gym.

Well I got to spend about 20mins w/James this morning. I mean, he was here when I got home but asleep. Then he got his call to go to KFalls and off he goes. I told him that I miss him so much now that he's gone all the time and he just hugged me and told me that in a month it will be better. And by the holidays he should be able to pin himself to an Engineer and have the holidays off. I sure hope so.

I have Jhanai this weekend!! Going to keep ourselves busy.

Ok....today is my early day and today the "Relay for Life" has started so I'm going to get myself ready and go very early and walk w/my friend from work. So I told her that I would make it there for her. (she took today off for this)

Take care ladies and I'll check in after work.

Jane 07-29-2005 05:44 PM

Hiya ladies! :wave:

Angie - yay for the honor of being chosen best manager! You never cease to amaze me!! Btw, I can just see you hacking away at the cast on your foot, lol!!!!!

Cristi - aww, I know I'd be emotional too with a son joining the service. Before Katie even graduated last May, the armed forces offices started calling the house for her, and I politely told them she wasn't interested. Sorry to hear about the other son's sprain. Hope your weekend is more relaxing.

Beth - so glad you've found a home here. :) This bunch of ladies is the best on the boards. But of course, I could be a tad prejudiced, lol. I live in the country, like you, and wouldn't trade it for anything! People who visit marvel at all the peace and quiet that I take for granted.

Susan - YAY for the custody win!! And I hope you get the position you want, too.

Marti - thanks for covering while I've been out. I've been having lots of fun, though! I can't tell you how very, very proud I am of you for quitting smoking, and it sounds like you have some good plans going on to make sure you can handle the work situation. The Relay for Life around here is held in May and Katie was involved this year. It's such a worthy cause!

Ellen - so glad to see you again, girlfriend!!!!! And thanks for re-doing the bio I erased on accident. I can be such a doofus at times! :dizzy: If your kids are growing up and moving out, it's just proof that you've done your job right. Kids are supposed to leave the nest. Remind me that I said that when Katie wants to move, lol. I cried when both of my other two moved, and I know I'll cry when she does, too. If you get too lonely, just come here, ok, and we'll try to keep you company.

Mindee - good luck with the ultrasound next week! Do you have a preference for the sex? A little girl would be nice since you have a son already. And the name "Jane" goes best with a girl.... you are naming this child after me, aren't you? ;)

Katiecat - so you think I have a "can do" attitude?? I smiled when I read that because I struggle so much of the time with maintenance. It made me feel so good to read that. Sorry about your arm and knee and hope they start feeling better soon. My knees don't bother me very much anymore since I've lost the weight. I'd feel even better if I lost about 30 more! Hope you like the WW meeting tomorrow. Be sure and tell us all about it, ok? Wish I was going to Ireland with you!

Katy - have fun in Seattle! Yikes, sorry you had the tummy flu. Hope you win the yarn bid. eBay can be so addicting!! The purse I was carrying today is a vintage straw one I got off eBay last winter, and I just love it. Had one almost exactly like it in 1970, and don't know why I didn't keep THAT one, lol.

Sue - sorry about your mom's arm. Yep, Indiana watermelon can't be beat! I could be a little biased, lol.

Today is my sister Katie's birthday. I was at her house visiting and she insisted I go to lunch with her, her DH and DS. We had a good time, and I stayed OP. Tonight I'm going to the county fair with Neal and THIS year, I'm having a funnel cake. :s: I'm practically drooling on my shirt just thinking about it, lol.

Hope you gals have a great weekend! :cool:

da fat n da furious 07-30-2005 12:31 AM

Funnel Cake thats gotta be like Elephant ears? Susan? Jane? Drolling on your shirt? Gawd I want some funnel cake.........whinnnnee

Jane,,,good for you about staying OP during lunch...
I wasn't going to go to the awards night,,,just so much going on right now but Shawna talked me into it. So now of course that means a new dress....*sigh *giggle like thats a hardship

Katy,,,yuck being sick sux,,,I had that horrible cold,,,but the flu is something I can do without. Ebay,,,*sigh Monte and his Ebay. Hope you win your yarn.

Katie,,,hey good to see you! Sorry about the knee and arm. Now you can be like Cristi and I.

Marti,,,I know you must miss James,,,gawd it makes me miss him for you. But this weekend you get to hang with your best girl.

Cristi,,,sometimes sprains are worse then breaks. (thats what I heard,,,not that I believe it since I just got a cast off) just continue to soak it lots and take advil and wrap...RICE= rest, ice, compression, and elevation. With the heat here,,,ya we finally have heat. Nothing compared to you all. My foot is swollen..Ive already had a bag of ice on it and will be soaking it more later.
Cristi, I don't know what to say about DS#2...just big hugs to you,,,sending strength cause I know you are so not wanting this.

Ellen? Is that you? Gawd have I ever missed you! please stay in touch more.

Hey Beth Welcome to our group! like you I have a 17 almost 18 yr old son,,,he lives here,,,kinda. Well I know he eats here for sure,,,I have found dirty plates near his bed.

Well Im staying another 6 weeks in reception...they loooooove me!,,,lol Gawd all I can say is my desk is like gossip central. I swear they lean up against it like they are about to do shooters.
I finished reading Nobody's baby but mine by Susan Jane Phillips...I laughed ,,,I cried,,,and repeat. I feel so down when I finish a good book.
Not much happening around here,,Miss Skittles has a fur appointment tomorrow...she's getting a pedicure and manicure too...lol And one of the ladies from work asked me if I would show her how to apply makeup.
What are your plans?

Marti 07-30-2005 06:01 AM

Good Morning Ladies--

What a day I have to say!! I got the the "Relay for Life" and walked for two hours before work. And let me tell you.....there is no shade on the track! :lol: Poor atheletes.

My friend caught up w/me when I got there and I walked w/her. She was walking around w/her 2yr old son. And she had on her "survivor" t-shirt. I am so happy that she is able to be here to celebrate being a survivor.
Once I got to work some other co-workers asked me why she had her own team. I explained to them what she had gone through. (she had not told many people she had cancer only a few) They were just amazed at how strong she looks now. So a lot of them plan on going out there tomorrow to walk w/her. I knew people would ask, so I had asked my friend if it was ok to talk about it.

Jane--So glad that you are enjoying your time w/your family. That is what summers are all about. About the smoking....I'm pretty pleased w/my way of thinking this time around. It's going to happen and I feel amazing about it! And then talking w/some gals at work to come up w/a workout program is pretty nice too. It's all coming along!

Angie--I do miss James terribly. But you're right...I have my best girl this weekend. And next weekend my family is having a BBQ at my grandpa's and I will be picking her up for that too. She's SUCH a sweet angel (that's what I've been calling her lately) and she just keeps a big smile on my face!!

After I had picked up Jhanai, we decided to stop by the "Relay for Life" since it was on our way home. We did two laps before we went home. It was awfully late for her to be out there but she wanted to do it. In memory of grandma.

Ok...I'm rambling..it's about 3:00 and I have a Blackberry Jam Festival to go to tomorrow so I need to get some shut eye!

G'Night ladies!

Oh! BTW....Jane--Mindee's naming her daughter after me! Didn't she tell you? :D

odbeth 07-30-2005 10:58 AM

Good Morning Gals:

Got up early this morn with my DS#2--Tanner. He gets up about 5:30 or 6:00 every morn. He manages a dairy that's about 10 miles west of my house. He's 22--moved out several years ago to go to college. After 2 years of going on and off he got this really good job at the dairy and just loves it. He moved back in with me and I just love it!! He's been great to help out around here when he can. Anyway, during the summer, I usually sleep until about 7:30 or 8:00, but you know how it is some days that you just can't sleep. I went on outside to water plants and it was absolutely gorgeous....it was so cool. I should have been doing this all summer. I've never been an early riser---more of a late nighter. But when I do get up early I just love it. It's staying up late reading that does me in I think. I've been reading a series by John Eldrigde that's pretty good. The first one I had a hard time getting into, but this second one (Journey of Desire) is great. The 3rd is called Wild at Heart then his wife has written a companion book that I'd like to read. I've never read anything by him before. I really like anything by Catherine Coulter, Sandra Brown, Nora Roberts, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, and Barbara Delinsky. Delinsky wrote one called Flirting With Pete---if you haven't read it I would recommend it!

Well, ladies, I'm 51 today. I can't believe it!! Have you ever seen that picture by Mary Englebreit where the old woman is looking in a mirror and her reflection is this young woman? I guess we always see ourselves younger or feel younger than we are. My kids are pretty much grown (ugh!!!) and I have 2 adorable grandkids that I don't get to see near as often as I'd like. Even with all the ups and downs, I have been so blessed. I get very disgusted with myself for carrying all this extra weight for so many years and missing out or just not doing things because of the weight. I makes me so mad at myself! So, this is the year for me ---I don't dare say that out loud to my family because I feel like they're thinking "Right ---and how many years have you been saying that?" That's why I feel so blessed to have found ya'll...I can say it to you...I don't think I've ever felt or known how important that support is. I've tried dieting...but it's been alone. I've tried fixing the right food for myself and something else for the family, but I felt alone. I've tried getting up early and exercising, but it's been alone. I don't mean to sound like poor me and I don't think my family understood how hard it was without their support---they loved me and if I lost weight okay and if not okay. That's why ya'll are so awesome---the support, the "I know what you're going through", the "I know how you feel", and this is what does or doesn't work for me. So thanks gals....
Gotta get ready to go to my neices baby shower--my daughter is also coming in from Oklahoma City today so it'll be great getting to see her.
Ya'll have a great day---sorry, I didn't mean to write a book!

Beth---I am a strong and happy woman!

Marti 07-30-2005 01:44 PM

:hb: :gift: :hat: Happy Birthday Beth!!!!! :hat: :gift: :hb:

Beth--I hope you have a wonderful Birthday today! Are you doing anything special? We are all so happy that you found us. We enjoy having you here! And don't ever worry if you feel like you've written a book......I believe we've all writtten a novel somewhere! :D

Wanted to pop in real quick today before I leave. Will be out of town for the day. I will try to come in later on tonight.

Have a great Saturday!

Katiecat 07-30-2005 03:46 PM

Good afternoon, ladies :wave:

Hope you are all having a great Saturday. Well, we did it -- Hubby the Technogeek and I went and joined WW. This will be...4th time for me, first time he's ever done this, I think the buddy system will really help. I've lost weight every other time, hit a plateau, got discouraged, and ended up quitting every time. I get it now, though -- it's a lifestyle change, can't go back. Even if the scale doesn't budge at all, at least I'll know I'm eating healthy and taking better care of myself. My BP scared me -- 150 over 100, now that I'm on meds it was 152 over 90, but that's still not good.

Good so far today, drinking water...minestrone soup (2 pts) and fresh pineapple (1 pt) for lunch...we can do this! My DH was sad but not surprised to find out his favorite candy bar is *gulp* 10 POINTS! EEK!!! :fr: But a regular 12 oz bottle of beer is 3 points. Everything in moderation :D

Need to clear out the cupboards and fridge now...see what we have, what we need to get rid of, what we need to get. I'm really craving cold watermelon right now, so that's definitely going on my shopping list.

We are going to a "Mock Rock" concert tonight -- four tribute bands -- Led Zepagain, Sticky Fingers (Rolling Stones), Which One's Pink? (Pink Floyd), and Hotel California (The Eagles). Should be a blast!

OK, my house is trashed, and I need to get started on the cupboard purging. Hope you all have a great day!

:moped:
off and running...
Katiecat

Katiecat 07-30-2005 03:49 PM

oh, and....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!!!

:D :hb: :cb: :hat: :gift: :flow2: :dancer: :woo:

da fat n da furious 07-30-2005 11:01 PM

Happy Birthday Beth

:D :hb: :cb: :joker: :hat: :flow1: :cloud9: :woo: :queen: :encore: :cheer:

da fat n da furious 07-30-2005 11:08 PM

Good evening Ladies,,,
Marti,,,I have to tell you, I really think you are a good friend to be backing your friend like that.

Beth,,,you have a son named Tanner? lol So do I...and hes DS#2 also..but hes only 12 going on 40. Sounds like we have the same favorite authoresses. I enjoyed Flirting with Pete. Right now Im reading Kiss an Angel but Susan Elizabeth Phillips,,,for what ever reason I keep saying her middle name is Jane,,,I think its cause Jane got me hooked on her. Have you read Nobody's Baby but Mine? I bawled,,,laughed...good book.
Katie,,,,thats great that hubby is going to be your buddy...

Well not much happening here,,,cleaned this house like you wouldn't believe...Im ashamed to say it was the first time Ive washed my floor in over a month,,,since they have invented them wet swifters,,,I don't get the mop out and scrub anymore.
Ive gotten alot of my water in today,,,it was a hot day....zizzling
Monte, Tanner and I went to a great Mexi place,,,Julio Barriero (sp) I died and went to heaven...I love corn salads,,,and refried beans,,and rice...I was in hog heaven.

Well I need to drink more water...then off to bed...going on a picnic with Becky and her boys tomorrow.

suetalks 07-30-2005 11:26 PM

Hope everyone had a nice Sat. It was mid 80's here and breezy, but the humidity was high. Got 2 miles in tonight around 8 p.m. and still had to wring out my underwear when I got home..now that's HUMID. :)
I spent the day with Mom. My aunt who lives with Mom had appointments and shopping to do. Next week I will go stay there for 3 days so my aunt can go on a short trip with her son. Mom can't stay alone yet...she can't do so many things with just one arm and can't even walk her dog right now. Anyway, we will have a good time together. I am going to get a puzzle to work on and some kind of game for us. We love card games, but she can't hold cards and play with one hand....maybe Yahtzee or ???
CA daughter is coming for a visit in Aug. then we are going to Vegas to check on our house for 2 weeks and CA step-son is coming home for a visit after that. Would you believe both daughter and step-son are bringing their "love interests" home for us to meet? I think our youngest DS started something. DS and DD are both talking marriage..step-son hasn't yet.

I just finished There's No Place Like Home by Mary Higgens Clark and enjoyed it.

Hope your Sunday is sunny!

Marti 07-31-2005 04:40 AM

Hello Ladies--

Today was another hot day. My brother came over and we drove to the little town that had the "Blackberry Jam Festival" and it was such a disappointment. NO JAM!! That was the reason we wanted to go. James called and I told him that there wasn't any around and he said that a co-worker said there was lots of it.....so we must have missed it somewhere. Had a good time anyway.

Katie--The concert sounds like lots of fun! Hope you enjoy it! Sorry to hear about your BP! I'm afraid of mine going back up. That's a BIG reason why I need to quit smoking. My high was 148/104.....so not good. Changing your diet and getting in exercise is going to help a lot. I'm SO happy to hear your hubby joined you at WW! :cp: What a great support! Keep us posted on how it goes for you.

Angie--Oh my.......if you're ashamed about your floors...then that means I should be too! :o I love that little swiffer thing, but I do need to actually drag the mop out and give the floors a GOOD cleaning! Especially since we have all wood floors! ok...I'm curious, what is corn salad? I've never had any, but it has intrigued me and I would like to try. :hungry: Anything that sends someone to heaven has got to be good! :)

Sue--I just had to laugh at your discription of how hot it is! :lol3: Wringing out the underwear?! Girl- that is HOT! :lol: How wonderful of you to spend time w/your mom while she's healing. Hope she heals quickly so she's not in so much pain. Ahhh...did I read that there is love in the air around your household? :love: Sounds like your family will be growing soon. And then after that......sounds of little feet pidder padding down the halls! :)

James is coming home tonight! Will be nice to sleep next to him. I started thinking that the bed belonged only to me since I've been waking up all sprawled out! :D
He goes back tomorrow, but at least I will see him longer than 20mins. since I won't be leaving for work. ***sigh*** time sure goes by slow when you're wanting to spend time w/a loved one.

Ok...I'm ready to get to bed. So off I go.

Chat w/you girls tomorrow!

Katiecat 07-31-2005 04:07 PM

Happy Sunday, everybody... :sunny:

And it's definitely SUNday, ridiculously hot... :flame: :hot: yuck...I keep my AC set on 80 most of the time, and it still runs and runs...I'm afraid of what my electric bill is going to look like this month. :eek:

The concert was fantastic! I danced my butt off :cb: :dance: :jig: until my knee couldn't take it anymore, but it was a good workout. :strong: :ebike: The Eagles band and the Rolling Stones band were both good, enjoyable, fun...but the Led Zeppelin band and the Pink Floyd band were nothing short of phenomenal! It was especially great for me, because when I was growing up, Zeppelin was my favorite band, and I was supposed to see them on their upcoming tour, but John Bonham, the drummer, died on my 16th birthday :cry: But they were so good last night, I feel like I finally got to see Zeppelin...

And I was good...only one beer, 3 points! :lol:

Marti, I am very proud of you that you are quitting smoking. :bravo: The dr. told me 90 was really high for the bottom number on BP...I've been borderline for a long time. Once I hit 100 on the bottom she said we couldn't just "wait and see" anymore, I needed to be on medication to get it under control. I know that working out and losing weight will help mine, and I know the getting rid of cigarettes will help yours! Glad James is coming home too, even if just for a while...

Angie, I love Mexican food, too. Love to cook it, love to eat it :hungry: I'm looking for and experimenting with WW friendly recipes, and have found some ones that look good for Mexican food...it they come out as good as they sound, I'll post them on the recipe thread. And thanks a lot, you guilted me into mopping my kitchen floor! ;) Actually, it really needed it...

Jane, how many points in a funnel cake? Guess it depends what you put on it, too, hmm? :chin: That really is what I like about WW, though...you can eat whatever you want, you just have to plan for it. Like, if you wanted to eat an entire Blooming Onion from Outback (ugh, who would want to, too much and too rich), but if you wanted to, then you could just eat 0 pt soup for two days! :rofl: The meeting was great, the leader I really like is still teaching it, and remembered me and hugged me, even though I haven't been in almost 2 years. He's a guy that lost over 100 lbs on program -- he's encouraging, hilarious, and quite flamboyant :lol: His meetings are always jampacked because they are fun. Tim liked the meeting a lot, and there's more men that attend the Saturday morning meetings, so he wasn't the only guy in the room. It's really nice be working toward the same goal together. He's a stickler for measuring and tracking points, and will keep me on my toes. :coach:

Cristi, I totally feel for you about your son. I'm not happy that my son is in the military at all (without getting into politics or the war of course), but I can say that being in the Air Force has helped him to grow up. He still has a lot to learn, but he's learning, and that's the point. He still wants to go to art school once he gets out, and I hope he really does pursue that, or anything else that truly makes him happy.

Katy, no the stomach flu is not a good way to lose weight! Glad you are feeling better now, though. Good luck on your ebay bid -- isn't it fun when you win something you really want?

Sue, Fall is my favorite season, followed by Spring, then Winter, then Summer. I hate the heat! I just cubed up a seedless watermelon so it's handy to serve -- 1 C = 1 pt. I love it really cold right out of the fridge. :T: Cold, fresh pineapple is yummy too. Don't know what you usually crave at Taco Bell, but there are quite a few choices that aren't too bad. Some of it is pretty fresh and wholesome for fast food. Here is a list of point values, don't know if you are doing WW, but it gives you an idea of the healthier choices anyway --

http://www.***************.net/resta.../taco_bell.htm

OK, I've yakked long enough, time to get some stuff done around the house. Hello to everyone else :wave:

tommysgirl18 07-31-2005 07:22 PM

hello ladies.......

just quickly posting. Brandon got his first big boy booboo the other day. He slipped in the bath tub and got a cut over his left eye. It bled for a while, but then it was ice and some neosporin to help it heal. he woke up Saturday morning and his eye was a little bit swollen, but thankfully it closed up the gash.

I will be sure to try and get on here after we find out the gender, hopefully. as for a prefenerence, I don't really care, as long as it is healthy. Another boy would be nice because I already know how to take care of one. A girl would be nice as well, so then we could have one of each. so it doesn't really matter to me. tommy really wants to have another boy. we have finally agreed on a name for both a boy and a girl, and Tommy wants to keep it a secret until the baby is born.

other then that, well, Tommy called the lady about the apartment on Friday, and well, things are looking up for us. She told tommy that she thinks someone moved out Thursday night and when she knows for sure, then we will know. we don't know if it is a 2 or 3 bedroom. we are just happy that we are next in line!

tommysgirl18 07-31-2005 07:23 PM

p.s. happy belated birthday Beth!