3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Week at a Time #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/61179-week-time-3-a.html)

mscat816 07-15-2005 12:31 PM

It's T.G.I.F!

It's Friday and my goodness - where is everybody?

Sushi Penquin - Glad you met your goal on Monday :cp: Happy to hear from you - hope Thursday was a success. Let us know!
Bev - great Thursday for you too! :cp: Keep it up!
I made my goal early Thursday a.m. :cp:
Bonniebelle - I know you will do better today! :cheer:
Squiggly, carla, yvette120, haleys, and princess - we are missing you! Hope you will check in and let us know how we can support you, too.
Have a great Friday:wave:
mscat-

All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

carla49 07-15-2005 05:10 PM

Sorry, mscat, I just got tired of my daily "today I didn't meet my goals", so I just lurked. I haven't left the group, but haven't had my best week (goal-wise). On the plus side, I have done much better than I would have before 3fc, and I've only had one or two glasses of my usual downfall, wine. I don't know when I can weigh in, since I refuse to step on a scale except first thing in the morning, naked, post pee. And the closest scale is in the gym downstairs.

Bonnie, I also believe in not cutting out the good things in life, just being more reasonable. I haven't cut salt and have no cholesterol problems either, but do try to limit fats and sugars. Everything in moderation, as they say, although moderation is not my best event...

I'm feeling quite good and enjoying my slightly smaller self, so no complaints.

Have a good weekend, ladies, and that's an order. :lol:

mscat816 07-15-2005 10:38 PM

Night all!

After my walks from and to the dealership this morning I estimated only 10 minutes of activity. So when I got home and settled at 9:30 p.m. I jumped on the treadmill and did 25 minutes at a 4 grade incline! That is a change in my exercise routine for sure! :cp:

Go Bonniebell:cp: - you are so amazing - hope your pool is okay for Saturday!
carla - I laughed so hard about your weigh-in ritual :rofl: That is exactly how I weigh in! We love hearing from you whether you meet your goals or not. Stop in just to say hello. You don't have to admit your failures to us to post. You're slightly smaller self is greatly smaller to me. What I wouldn't give to be 206!

I have to leave at 7 a.m. for a workshop so I won't be exercising or posting until the afternoon.

mscat-
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

Sushi Penguin 07-16-2005 01:23 AM

OMIGOSH!!!

I was just about to post about how I'm struggling with my goal and how hard it's to drink all this water up. And suddenly it ocurred to me that the only day when I actually didn't make it was Tuesday (when I was running lots of errands). I just can't believe how stupid my thinking was! :lol:

The thing is, I usually use a 500 mL bottle to keep track of my water intake and if I drink anything from a glass, it counts as extra. The reason is that the bottle is more convenient to carry around and obviously holds twice as much water, and thus I need fewer bottles to reach the target (I get lost with the number of glasses!). Now, guess what...
My goal for this week has been to drink at least 1.5 litres of water each day, which would be 3 of my bottles. But for some strange reason I got into my head that I actually need to drink 6 bottles to get the 1.5 litres (that would be 6 glasses, not bottles, didn't I say I was confused :lol:).

So here I was, berating myself for not reaching my goal and not drinking up the 1.5 litres of water... :dizzy: While in fact I've been drinking more (I don't think I did less than 3 bottles/day and I did drink a lot more "random glasses" the past few days)! Whew, what a change in perspective! :lol: :cheer:

Whee, so happy to say I've been doing good! :D :D :D

Also, my other goal was to attend the stress management workshop and then try to apply some of the techniques I learnt there during the rest of the week. The workshop was good, I learnt a few new things, but it was a reminder foremost - about all those things I normally do, but haven't been doing recently.
At the end we had a worksheet with questions - about what we can do to deal with stress, prevent it, etc. And the last question was sort of a promise to ourselves: what is the one thing you will do from now on? I decided that I want to do a breathing/relaxation exercise each day, preferably in the morning and that I would ask my boyfriend to give me a back massage every week (he loves doing it, I love getting it, but it's been ages since we did it).

I didn't do the exercise today (I was so tired I would have fallen asleep - and did), but I did get an awesome massage from my Man... :)

Hurray! :)

Bev in WI 07-16-2005 07:15 AM

Friday report --
Met my goals yesterday -- walked 65 minutes and ate 15 points. Six days down and only one to go!

Carla -- my "weigh in" routine is the same as yours. First thing in the morning ... on the scale! Well, actually it's the second thing.

Have never had gravy on french fries, Bonnie. Although, I think I've eaten it on about everything else. Around here they put cheese on baked potatoes and hash browns though.

I really admire you for doing so well on your treadmill Cat -- just have never been able to keep up with an exercise routine indoors.

Good job on the water Penguin.

Everyone have a good Saturday -- I'm off for my walk. Bev

mscat816 07-16-2005 09:21 PM

Saturday Sign Off

Hey ladies - spent the whole day at the workshop and when I got home I fell into a deep sleep. Didn't wake up until 7:30 in the evening. It was hard, but I got on the treadmill and completed 27 minutes, 4 grade incline :cp:
Go Bev :cheer: - You are going to be a member of the 7 day club :cp: Thanks for the compliment - I prefer to walk outdoors - the treadmill is quick and convenient for me. I have been too lazy to get out my cd player and dress for outdoors :sorry: I can run in my underwear in the a.m. and I also use my tread time to get in some reading I would not get to otherwise. I hope to make the time in the near future to get back outside. I used to run 2 - 3 miles a day in Lincoln Park, Chicago! I want to participate in walks/and runs for charity. Your example gives me hope.

Sushi - :cheers: to you too. Your consistency is great :cp: and how wonderful to discover you were surpassing your goal. That is called acheiving a "stretch goal" even though it was unintentional. Stretch goal is shooting for more than the minimum you need. It's like Mary Kay Ash used to say - reach for the moon - if you miss, you will land among the stars!

Hope to hear from everyone by tomorrow evening so I can switch the thread do awards early Monday a.m. - have a great evening everyone.
mscat-

squiggly 07-17-2005 01:03 AM

Hello,

I'm sorry that I have been absent. It's been a hard week. I haven't accomplished any goals and actually gained four pounds back. My weight gain is partially due to my period deciding to visit. I am starting the volumetrics diet. My goals are going to stay the same this week. I need to get them right before I can switch them. They are as always: 60 oz water and 20 minutes of exercise; I am off of vacation on Monday and I am going to accomplish my goals. I have one more goal that I'm adding to this week. I'm adding no pop to my goal. I will have absolutely none.

Bev in WI 07-17-2005 09:14 AM

Saturday -- walked 50 minutes and ate 20 points

Sunday -- Already met my Sunday walking goal -- started out at 6:40 and did 50 minutes again today.

So I met my walking goal!!! And points don't seem to be an issue.

I see you were at it bright and early this morning also Bonnie - I really like to get my walk in right away in the morning.

Mscat -- My goals for the coming week:
1) Continue walking at least 30 min/day
2) Actually track my water. I just keep filling up my glass and am pretty sure I'm doing ok, but will track it as I probably have days I slack off
3) Eat something before 8:30 each morning as I want to "jump start" the day!

Squiggly -- you can meet your goals. I'm here pulling for you!!!

Cat - I love this thread. Really keeps me focused.

mscat816 07-17-2005 11:17 AM

Sunday a.m. Jump Start

You all are kicking butt and taking names! Wow - I love the way so many of you are taking the DIN DIN DIN (Do it Now) and DIA (Do it Anyway) approach to your goals. We all can see how beneficial is to get it done and over with so you can get on with the rest of the day. Thanks so much for your immediate posts - it helps us all put our goals up front and stop procrastinating. We are truly siezing the "now" moments in our lives. What a fantastic collection of women you are - you make me proud to author this thread! :grouphug:
Bev :cp: - You did it! I love your goal for the week - especially eating before 8:30 a.m. - Those of us who skip breakfast need to take that one on. Thanks for being a part of our group.

Bonnie :cp: Absolutely fantastic! We applaud your stand to get your exercise in despite the challenges of outside forces. Your presence is good for us all.

squiggly - I hear you and empathize about the period - :listen: I had a pounds set back this week too. Hang in there - we are here for you. And at this point of our thread I am awarding kudos if you make even one of your goals on a day.

Everyone - This thread is not a race or a competion - it is to inspire everyone to stay in action - one day at a time stretching for seven. Whether you accomplish something 1 day or 7 days out of the week, you should be commended because doing something for yourself for any 1 day is better than doing nothing at all. So any time you accomplish something or even make a good effort let us know. It takes 21 days to form a habit - so everyday you make the goal is one more day to it becoming second nature.

However, this thread is not for posting only successes but as a way to call for support to help you reach goals one day at a time. If you are struggling, let us know - we are here to support you, give you encouragement, share tips (because we have all been there or are there now!) and whatever you need to get over the hump. This group is amazingly supportive and we can learn so much from sharing how we face and overcome challenges with each other. I love when some of you post that you didn't meet your goal but share some other success you accomplished - resisting temptation - getting a compliment - getting back into a new size.

So starting today (not Monday because I believe in "right now") let's post everyday even if it is a one liner be it a success or a challenge you are facing. We will respond with cheers or something wonderful to get you through the day.

Get in those pounds/inches down as soon as possible so I can change the thread in the a.m. I love each one of you.

mscat-

carla49 07-17-2005 02:16 PM

:wave: Howdy ladies!

Yesterday was one of those days: flying from one side of the country to the other, with all the fun that involves. But I learned several things: Air Canada no longer serves meals on flights of 4 hours; 12 hours in transit hotel to hotel for a total air time of 5 hours is ridiculous; all cab drivers should be required to wear deodorant, stay off the cellphone and put both hands on the wheel; the folks in lost luggage are universally unpleasant and SLOW... By the time I reached my new bed, I felt like someone had been pooping in the swimming pool of my life too!

The good news is the weather here is fantabulous: high sixties, slight breeze, low humidity. So pretty soon I'll get washed and dressed and go out for a nice stroll and lunch. (I don't have to work until the evening.)

I'll set new goals tomorrow, something reasonable for hotel life. I won't be weighing in until I get home on Sat (Yay!!!), but I think i can continue to maintain, even if there's no loss. Mindful eating, that's the ticket.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for setting such a good example! A good goal: to emulate Bev, Bonnie, Squiggy, and Cat, all frequent posters and achievers.

Carla in Cowtown

squiggly 07-17-2005 07:38 PM

I Did It!!!!!

:bravo: I did it. I met all of my goals! :cb: I only ate 1626 calories to boot. I will remind you that not a single one of those calories was from pop. I ate my fruits and veggies. I did my 20 minutes on the elliptical. I drank my water. I'm so excited. I'm actually doing this. The volumetrics is working for me. I ate a huge plate of food which was measured out but still my calories were in check. I am feeling so jazzed. Thank you all for your support. I can't wait until weigh in this week.