Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 10:53 AM   #31  

Just have a second to post. We are headed out on a road trip to a lake and rushing river. Very beautiful site. It is in ontario. It is hilly and rocky and lots of beautiful trees.

Any ways here is part of a post from Ashley. Jay did propose;

Oh yah by the way i know you knew about this but jay proposed to me!!!!!! He did it on the Gondola in Lake Louise. On the way down he was like Ash i have something to ask you....will you marry me and he took out the ring but didnt open the ring thing yet (so i didnt see the ring) so then i was like are you serious and he was like yah and then i started crying and said of course. The ring is so beautiful i LOVE it!!!!! Im sooo happy My parents know now too i had to call my mom from jasper and tell her shes super happy about it too!

Isn't that sweet. He is so romantic like us. I am happy for them.

I am getting a much later start than I expected because we went to the stock car races last night and it was after 1:00 when we got home. Shelley can you refresh me? Is that what Becky built? Can you bring up the article for me? Thanks

Have a hot sunny day.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:35 AM   #32  
Janice

Dee - Ontario- where? must be up north. I live on Lake Simcoe which is north of Toronto.
Thanks for all the words of encouragement, I was feeling pretty bad about the ice cream. I am just getting all the sugar out of my body, and then I will do WW, low carb is not the healthiest diet I don't think, but you can eat so much! I couldn't live without sugar either, I just am going to have natural sugar - fruits once I go back on WW.
Shelley - CONGRATULATIONS TO BECKY!! SHE IS SO YOUNG AS SEEMS TO HAVE SUCH DIRECTION IN HER LIFE ALREADY.
Sherry - You are still cleaning!!!! Knock it off - do something fun.
I live in the pool most days. Floating and reading. I also try to exercise in there, much easier on these old joints.
Gayle - I am up a pound from my ticker too, but I'm not changing it either. I hope it is back down by tomorrow. Thanks for the advice, I will drink lots today.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:38 AM   #33  
Janice

Gayle & Shelley - I thought you two were eating pizza while you walked. When you talked about bites and then I realized you meant bugs. The pizza sounded good to me.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #34  
Losing it!

Great idea Janice! I could get me a side-pack to hold my pizza and use one of those camel back pouches strapped on my back to hold my pop!! LOL! I wonder how many calories one burns if eating and walking at the same time??? Maybe we just came up with a new weight loss/ exercise program!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:30 PM   #35  
Losing it!

Sherry, I meant to post when I did to Janice but I had brain fade. No, I'm not scared in the cemetary. I guess I'm weird, but it is a very restful/peaceful place for me. I could spend hours walking out among the stones, reading the dates and names and imagining the people buried there. Besides, if the person who died hasn't made it to the other side, they have better places to be other then in a cemetary haunting the place. LOL! I think my views of death changed after I lost my father.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:07 PM   #36  

Gayle-Would you believe that my dad used to make gravestones? My one brother grew up working in the cemetary installing them. The company was in Tampa--that's when we lived there many years ago.

Janice-The pizza idea sounds great. The trouble is, I can't eat and run at the same time. I can't even drink while I run. I always have to stop to take a swig of water.

Dee-No, Becky didn't build a stock car. She built an electric car.

Sherry-When do you have to be back at school? Our teachers are coming back July 27. The kids start Aug. 8. Where has the summer gone??
Old 07-15-2005, 09:37 PM   #37  
Losing it!

I just pulled a big boo-boo girls! Allison had swimming and wanted a Wendys frosty... cool... I checked before we left and I could get a jr frosty for 170 calories/3 fat grams... When I placed the order, no jr frostys listed but the small one was on the 99 cent value menu...long story short, as I ate it, I thought cool...ALL of this for under 200 calories! After eating, I went to another site and apparently I ordered the wrong one! There should of been a JR, SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE listed on the menu. Oh well, learned a lesson and I am still going to be ok today with my calories, just nothing else to eat the rest of the day.

How did you father get into he gravestone making business Shelley? I love looking at the older stones, they tell so much history and are beautifully carved.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:05 AM   #38  

Gayle-I just checked at www.dwlz.com, and you only had 330 calories, but the fat grams is 8. The calories weren't that bad, but that's quite a bit of fat. I wonder why it has so much fat in it. What is a frosty? I was under the impression that it is like a slurpee or something, but that wouldn't have much fat in it.

I couldn't get up this morning. It was 5:45 when I finally did. I hope the heat isn't too bad once I am able to run. I still have to drink my coffee and eat a little something before I run, and I always wait an hour. Bummer!
Old 07-16-2005, 09:39 AM   #39  
Losing it!

Thanks Shelley! I ASSUMED (wrong) that it was made with lowfat milk. It is just like a thick chocolate shake, just not as rich in cream flavor. The cup was fairly small~ that is why I thought it was the jr, plus they didn't have it listed on their menu. I learned my lesson on this one! A FRESH NEW DAY HAS BEGUN!
I again assumed you usually ran in the afternoons after work? I wondered how you did it in the heat.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:50 AM   #40  

Gayle-I run in the mornings only when I'm not working. Otherwise I have to do the afternoons around 4:30. Ugh!! That's why I can only go 3 or 4 on the days I work. I just can't make myself run any later than that, because I go to bed so early.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:32 AM   #41  

STOP!!!!!

Please Go To #42............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!
Closed Thread