3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #108 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/61152-time-serious-fun-108-a.html)

gma22 07-11-2005 05:32 AM

Time For Serious Fun #108

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22 07-11-2005 05:39 AM

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is to work at controlling foods and drinks we have trouble controlling. For example, if you are a soft drink addict, start this week to cut back on how much you drink. If you overeat bread products, cut back, etc. You can still have the things you love, just learn to control them.

Amanda :bravo:
Faye :flow2:

Amanda: You have done a fantastic job with your exercise and to go from beginner to intermediate is superb! WTG!!!! :ebike: :wl: :tread: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

The storm has hit here. So far just medium rain and some wind, but it will pick up today supposedly and get worse. I guess it is the treadmill for me today!

Have a great day

Faye :)

Satine 07-11-2005 01:51 PM

Afternoon All ... I know I have missed alot over the last four days so I am just popping in to catch up on everything ... I did have a good time being off work, got some needed R&R ... but also got some un-needed extra fat and calories, ha ha :lol: Oh well back on today .... check in later girls, got alot to do at work today ... have a good one!!!! :cool:

QuilterInVA 07-11-2005 02:24 PM

Hello, ladies - good news, sort of, to report. Your prayers have been a tremendous help and I brought my husband home today - the bad thing is they have no idea what happened to him or if it might happen again. Believe me, they were running hourly lab tests, MRIs CAT scans, ultrasounds, x-rays. They have not been able to come to a diagnosis or cause and told me to call his regular doctors and have them follow up. It's all kind of scary. He was in the unresponsive state until late Tuesday, then he started to wake up. He has no recollection of anything. He lost 18 pounds in one week...hopefully I can put a few back on him - maybe 5. I did pretty well considering I ate out of vending machines for 3 days and then at Subway the rest of the time - I could hardly believe the hospital has a Subway and a Starbucks - anyway, I ended up losing 2 pounds. I'm determined they will not be back!

Thanks again -

gma22 07-11-2005 03:00 PM

Susan/VA: PRAISE GOD! I have thought and prayed for both of you everyday! I am so glad he is back home and now you can fatten him back up. I know he doesn't like to eat much, but have you tried those shakes specifically for people to put on weight? I know I have a friend who's spouse couldn't eat and they recommended them to her and they were kind of a lifesaver. I know it is scary you don't know what caused this, but maybe his body just needed to shut down for a little while. God made us complex creatures that is for sure! Glad everything is ok! Here is a sample of one place online. You can usually get the stuff at a health food store.

http://www.suplimednutrients.com

Carri: Hope you didn't go back to too much work on your desk! Glad you had a good time!

I actually got out in the pool for 45 minutes today. It was cold and in the rain, but I will be darned if I will let that stop me! Hey, I have done crazier things! :lol:

Everyone have a good afternoon

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda 07-11-2005 03:48 PM

Hi all,

I got 2 points yesterday. I actually had quite a wobbly week foodwise , but considering the stress I have had it could have been a lot worse. At least I managed to keep up the gym.

FAYE - I went from intermediate to advanced thank you very much! I just bypassed beginners altogether and gave myself a 'trial by fire'! :dizzy: Well done for having a swim despite the rain - I guess you thought 'well I'm gonna get wet anyway!' :lol:

SUSAN - Praise God indeed - I too have had you both in my prayers and it is great to hear that he is recovering. It must be very scary not knowing why it happened as knowledge is power isn't it? All the best with getting his weight back up (but not yours :lol: ).

CARRI - Glad you enjoyed your break from work - now you just have to work your butt off catching up!

Hi to Scuzin, Julie and Nikki!

Love Amanda x

mejones 07-11-2005 06:16 PM

HEllo, gals. Good to read your posts today.

Faye -- gald that Dennis did not turn out to be as bad as feared. What a mess for some people, though!

Susan/VA - so glad to hear that you are back home again. Hard to believe in this modern day that there are still some complete mysteries like that.

Amanda - I would have a stroke trying to do an advanced class like that! WTG, girl!

Carri - glad you enjoyed your time off.

I went to the Dr. today to finally get this pesky knee checked out. It has been bothering for about 6 weeks. Tried to ignore it, but didn't work! The good news is that it isn't arthritis - Dr. says I am too young! Bad news - a definite problem, having an MRI done on Friday. Said to go ahead and keep walking though, if the pain isn't too bad so that is good. Must run now to the grocery store - we have nothing to eat. I am starving, so it is probably a bad time to go! Talk to you all tomorrow.
Marsha

gma22 07-12-2005 07:17 AM

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is water. I can't stress enough how water helps our bodies. Forget about this, helps to lose weight stuff, we need it to feed our cells and replenish us. Remember to drink more when it is hot, when you exercise and when you have had soft drinks as they have sodium in them.

Amanda :dancer:

Marsha: What school that dr go to, Sears? Of course you can have arthritis at your age! I have it in my shoulder, my knees and hip. You can have a genetic predisposition to it where others do not AND if you have injured the knee previously, it can develop arthritis just from that. I know, as I have a bad knee that I messed up years ago falling off a chair. Take headphones and music for your MRI. One for your knee takes about 45 minutes, at least mine did and you have to lay extremely still. I tried to sleep with soft music on actually.

Amanda: I apologize for misunderstanding you were in the TOP OF YOUR CLASS! WooHoo! Good going girl! I couldn't do a beginners. I would have to start in a toddler class I am afraid! :lol:

Rain and wind are gone. Looks like we have another one brewing just south of Cuba though! UGH! Gotta get as much pool work in as I can, I guess!

Have a good day

mejones 07-12-2005 09:09 AM

Morning gals. Had my first good day yesterday in quite a while. Feels good just to be back on track!

Faye - pretty sure Doc was kind of joking about the age thing. I do have some arthritis in my neck from an old gymnastics injury - the thing with the knee is that the pain kind of came from out of nowhere 6 weeks ago and never left. Anyway, they did xray it in the office before scheduling the MRI. Had one on my lower back where I have some disc problems several years ago - kind of hope I don't have to be in as far for the knee??

Rained this am and cooled things off a bit - feels pretty humid though. Looks like we are working on a full week of 90+ temps.

Wishing everyone a great day - check with you all later.
Marsha

Satine 07-12-2005 02:06 PM

Afternoon everyone... I sure hope we get alot of the rain from Dennis, we are needing it so bad here, so bad... my lawn is actually orange ... they say there is a chance of rain all week and I will take it!!!

Marsha - Good luck with the MRI, my dh had to have one about 4 months ago because of his back, he about went nuts ... so did I went I got the bill
$2700.00 ... of course thank God for insurance and we only had to pay $780
but still it was quite a chunk...

Faye - The "Sears" crack made me laugh ... :lol: just the kind of smart a** remarks I love about you, ha ha :D Hope you have fun in the pool today, should help to cool you off, it has been so, so hot here too ....

Amanda - Well only you and Nigel know if things are going to work out...maybe you made a rash decision ... best of luck, I know it is hard.

Susan/Va - So glad to hear that your dh is okay... I pray that he does not have another episode ... try to relax I know how stressed out you can get when you are worrying about a loved one ...

Susan - Glad to hear that you are getting back into the swing of things, I am trying too, seems like we are starting off at about the same weight ... race you to 199!!! :s:

Nikki - Hi!!!

Julie - Hi!! Glad to hear everything is going all right with you!!

Well yesterday I did not have a good evening... I sort of binged, and I haven't done that in a long time so it upset me ... I only have until Sept 24th for my little sisters wedding and I was wanting to be down quite a bit, it seems I am sabatoging myself for some reason...oh well I am really going to try hard today...sort of getting a headache, better go take something before it gets nastier... hope you all have a great day.

Amanda Panda 07-12-2005 02:37 PM

Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday. We are in the midst of another heatwave here but I forced myself out to the gym yesterday and was actually pleasantly suprised - the air conditioning was working for once and it was actually cooler than my flat! Today I went for a nice swim and managed to do 30 lengths.

I had a bit of a revelation today - I finally got round to reviewing my June food journal and I must say than when I added up the totals I was shocked! :yikes: I always assume that I stick to my calories about 75% of the time, but when I added it up I was actually only OP for 43% of the month!! I also added up all the pizza's I'd had over the month and it worked out at 6, which means 20% of my dinners were pizza!! Honestly, it has really opened my eyes and I am determined to really sort out my eating. I'm always moaning about my slow weightloss (28lb in 6 months is 1lb per week), but now I realise how much I have been kidding myself that I am staying OP. I'm really glad that I did this as I can now sort it out and maybe my weight loss will speed up a bit!

FAYE - Glad 'Dennis' has not stuck around - hope this other one misses you too.Talking of water - I just can't get enough of the stuff at the moment - I've already had 10 glasses today and it's only 7.30pm. I'm lucky as I love the stuff and prefer it over soda or cordial.

MARSHA - Hope your scan goes well and you can start working on getting your knee better.

CARRI - Sorry you pigged out hon - unfortunately we all seem to still have our moments with binges. The good thing is that we can all now stop at one binge and get straight back on track, whereas before it would lead to us breaking our diets completely and losing the plot for days if not weeks (or was that just me? :lol: ).

Enjoy your evening

Love Amanda x

PS - Do you remember I was worried about my uncle who was in Thailand during the tsunami - well guess who has turned up safe and well and didn't think to let anyone know he was ok!!

QuilterInVA 07-12-2005 02:39 PM

Carrie, looks like you lost 40+ pounds so you are doing great. We all fall off the wagon from time to time. Grab hold and get back on.

I seem to be under a cloud. Had a flat tire on I-64 at rush hour last night but God was watching out for me - the VDOT roadside assistance truck pulled up 10 minutes later and changed it for me...for free! Guess that some tax dollars I'm happy to pay. Today our air -conditioning at home went out -- 90 degrees, too. Just one thing after another.

My husband has three doctors' appointments tomorrow - hopefully someone has come up with something we can do to prevent another episode.

gma22 07-13-2005 06:59 AM

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a time to gripe about anything!

Amanda :bravo:

Susan/VA: Flat tires are the worst! Good thing you had someone come by. We have the same kind of people that roam the interstates and help people in car trouble. Hope your hubby can find out what went wrong with him.

Amanda: Don't stress about the losses. You are doing very very well and the daily exercise is definitely helping a lot. You will get a total handle on this!

Carri: The pool was FREEZING!!!!!! :tired: The air temp was only around 69 yesterday when I went out and all the rain cooled off the warm water in the pool. I just did 45 minutes of laps because I didn't want my body out of the water more than it needed.

Marsha: My mri was from hips down. It is spooky isn't it. You feel like you are in a coffin. Think about those poor people who have to have a head MRI and they usually last 60-90 minutes! UGH! My sister had one and said on top of that they put her in a head brace to keep her head from moving!

I guess I should get my daily chores done

Scuzin 07-13-2005 03:10 PM

Hello Ladies
I haven't gotten back to the gym since that 1st time but I have done a lot of walking! So I'm not too let down.
Haven't gotten a handle on the food thing....and I have been drinking a lot of calories too, sugarie juice I'll avoid, I only buy skim milk, but damn that bar scene...

Woe: My poor feet! I have a lot of cute sandles but none of them have broken in properly and are turning my usually cute feet into bruised and battered ones :( simple solution right? Just wear different shoes? the only comfortable pair I have are converse and I can only wear those with pants and its too hot! Or it would be no prob at all if I didn't have to walk so much, ahh the joys of the carless college student

Hope you all are doing great, I didn't get some of the updates becuase I thought I was subscribes to this thread ...but I wasn't...anyway, have a good day

gma22 07-13-2005 03:50 PM

Susan: My advice if you want to wear sandals is invest in a good pair. They will cost, but it is worth it. I recommend Clarks sandals, cute and very very comfortable. You can get them online at http://www.footwearetc.com and right now they are having a pretty good sale. That is where I got mine for vacation and we will be walking a lot.

Been kind of a boring day here today. I am trying to decide what restaurant to take my dsis and bil to for their anniversary while we are in Vegas. I want some place nice, ie NO BUFFETS, but not foo foo food no one will eat. I am waiting to hear whether or not they want to go to Manettis downtown in the Plaza hotel. It is owned by the guy that played Rick on Magnum PI and has pretty good Italian food. On top of that, it has singing waiters (maybe I can get them to sing to my sister and bil, and everything is home made, bread, pastas, desserts etc. He also has a lot of "friends" stop in so we may be able to "star" watch. A lot of his recipes are from friends like Sinatra (hopefully this is NOT one of the friends to stop in or I am gone!) :yikes: , James Darren, Joe Pesci, Dennis Farina, etc. I think it sounds like fun and they have good old spaghetti and meatballs for my dh who never ventures out of his box so to speak! (basically he hates ricotta and won't eat anything that has it in it) Tomorrow we are down to 6 weeks, 6 longgggggg weeks but still, I bought our plane tickets in Feb so that was 6 months ago. Guess I should look at it that way. I go out to the pool everyday and watch the planes fly in (we are in the runway paths) and swim my little heart out thinking of being on one of those planes, FEDEX not withstanding of course! :lol: Everytime I think of a FEDEX plane I think of the movie Castaway, :^:

Hope everyone is having a good day today!