Old 07-18-2005, 11:55 AM   #31  

Happy Monday everyone! Started on a walking routine with my daughter this Saturday. We went down to the Chicago lakefront and walked the 8 mile trail. Got home to find out my central air unit wasn't working and the part I need won't be in till tomorrow. It was 100 degrees here on Sunday, so I didn't accomplish much in the workout department but the heat did prevent me from having an appetite. I'll be doing my first official weigh in on Friday. I'm hoping I see some results.
urbancowgyrl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:16 PM   #32  

Hello Everyone,
OK I did not lose anything this week. I did not gain either. Though the digital scale kept reading 205-206. I want to scream!!!!!!!!! Ok Ok. I did not gain anything. I will start on my tomorrow today!
Congratulations Vicki!! Are you on some kind of program or are you just watching what you eat? Chat with you guys later.
70poundloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #33  

Last night I recognized how much of an emotional eater that I am. After having an argument with my ex-husband, I mindlessly proceeded to eat about 25 potato chips before I realized what I was doing. Have any of you ever done this? How do you control the trigger before you actually consume the food? I'm just glad I stopped before I ate the whole 4 oz bag.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:56 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/210/145

Height: 5'4

Hey Urban,
I hear ya' I am an emotional eater. I won't let myself near the kitchen when I am angry or sad. Planning times to eat and what can avoid this also. Go do something that you could not eat doing. These usually are temporary. You feel so good after it passed and you did not binge. Sometimes I feel that way and have to ask myself what is bothering you today and try not to avoid working through it. You know that ex-hubby is not worth being fat. Don't give him your power.
Vicki
Vicki in Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:49 AM   #35  
4 gr8 ones

Hello ladies. So sorry I haven't been around. Just kept busy with homeschool and a dh...his schedule is off since he's not working and when his schedule is off, so is mine.
Anyway, WELCOME Dianna. So glad you've joined us. We'll keep you motivated.
I'm Crystal, almost 28 years old, married almost 10 years and have 4 kids. Alisa will be 7 in Oxtober, Ally is 4, Andrew is 2 1/2 and Allison is almost 6 months. I live in Texas where we homeschool.
WAY TO GO Vicki. Woohoo.
Not gaining is just as good as not losing to me, Cheryl.
Well, I'm down 4 pounds. When I made my ticker I didn't weigh I just put it at 205 or 206 because I had maitained that for a very long time, but now I'm actually down to 205.
Well, I'm not an emotional eater, I eat when I get bored. I feel like I have to snack ALL day long. That's what I've been working so hard on. I'm eating LOTS more fruits and veggies, have cut out snacking almost altogether except for fruit. Maybe a handful of nuts or a boiled egg but for the most part, I've cut it out. And I started eating lots more veggies. I've cut back calories big time. Although I'm not counting, I know in my head what I can eat or not. I still haven't fit exercise in there yet.
Let's see...night times are out. Day times are hard because of housework, breakfast, lunch, dinner, cleaning in between, laundry, homeschool, refereeing fights, mending booboos, etc., etc., etc. Mornings are okay except I'd have to get up at 5:00 and I don't go to bed until around 11:00 and still get interrupted from 2 to 4 times a night. So I'm working on fitting that exercising in there.
I'll check in later.
mamamoore4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 01:20 PM   #36  

Vicki - Your encouragement is greatly appreciated. You are so very right about not giving "the ex" power over me.

Crystal - Thanks for the Welcome and the introduction. WOW! Your hands are full with 4 children still so small. My children are teenagers now and more independent, but I remember how hard it was to find "ME" time when they were younger.

I feel like I'm back on track now. Yesterday was a good day. I have found a meal replacement bar that I actually like to eat for breakfast (Luna) since my mornings are so hectic, for lunch I've been eating garden salads w/fruit & yogurt and for dinner I basically try to prepare a healthy meal (that resembles a not so healthy meal or else my kids won't eat it) and eat sensible portions. It's too hot & humid here to go for long walks so I've been working out on the Gazelle (25 minutes) and using hand weights. Now I just need to keep it up. Watching all of your tickers go down definitely gives me inspiration.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:05 AM   #37  

Hey Ladies,
Well, I survived the dentist again yesterday. One more appt and I am done. I didn't survive pms yesterday. I ate to much yesterday. I feel better today and I haven't had any pms this morning. I am not letting the guilt of yesterday effect me today. I have told myself that is why some people are successful at losing weight. Well.It is Frday for me and I can't wait to go to the gym tonight. Ya'll stay strong through the weekend.
Vicki
Old 07-26-2005, 04:30 PM   #38  

Hello Everyone!!! Sorry I didn't get an opportunity to post yesterday, but I have good news to share. I lost a pound this week!! Finally, I lose a pound. What happened to everyone else? Do share. We all have ups and downs. I can attest to that. Let's hear it. Have a great week!
Old 07-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #39  

Oh NO!!! I didn't do my signature right. I've got to figure this thing out!
Old 07-26-2005, 04:41 PM   #40  

Congratulations 70!!!!!

I'm happy to say that I've lost 2 lbs last week. I'm really looking forward to watching the numbers on the scale go down, but more importantly for my clothes to fit better. I got off to a bit of a bad start this week. It was my youngest son's 14th birthday yesterday and I just couldn't pass on the cake. But I've promised myself that I would make up for it with exercise this week.

How did everyone else do last week?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:14 PM   #41  

Hey all,
I am down one this past week. It was a milestone to 199. Never to be 200 again. I am going to the gym everynight. I can't believe how much I love it. I can't believe how good I feel.Way to go 70.Way to go Urban. TTYL,
Vicki
Old 08-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #42  

Hi Crystal, Diana, and Vicki,
Guess What! I lost four more pounds!!!! I am so happy!
I do have a secret. I met a very nice guy and he is quite fit. That motivates me to eat less and work out because he is so fit and gorgeous. I am also in a competition with my best friend. We are competing to see who will lose the most weight by homecoming which is in October. I am so happy I have my online buddies to motivate me as well. I thank God for all my supportive friends. I hope to hear from you today or tomorrow.
Cheryl
Old 08-01-2005, 06:40 PM   #43  

Congratulations
I am also down four pds this week. It is so nice to have all this support. Glad to hear you met someone. keep up the good work. Hope everyone else is doing great.
Vicki
Old 08-02-2005, 10:18 AM   #44  

Default Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Congratulations Cheryl & Vicki on 4 lbs each!!!!

Cheryl- Also, it's good to hear you've met someone that motivates you.

I didn't lose any last week. I kind of overdid it over the weekend when I went on a camping trip with some friends. But, I also didn't gain anything, so I'm happy about that.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:47 PM   #45  

Good Job Urban!!! I take not losing as a plus just as I would a loss. It beats gaining any time! Have a great week. Don't forget to exercise.
Cheryl