Old 06-29-2005, 07:52 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #107

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:05 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. A day to gripe about anything all day!

Faye
Amanda

Marsha: A few "instructions" about pts. OP is whatever plan you are using and whether or not you stayed within it. I am doing straight fat and cal counting, some are doing carbs, etc. If I stay within my fat cal and reg cal I have set up for myself (in this case 1600/450) then I give myself 2 pts for being OP. Water and exercise. We leave that up to you to decide whether you had enough for the day and whatever it is you do. I believe Jorge uses a quick 18 minute routine, whereas I stay 45-60 minutes in the pool and Julie may consider belly dancing for 30 minutes sufficient. Water means anything over 4 good size glasses but it is really your call on that too! Let's face it, if you are cheating at your points, you are only cheating yourself in your mind, really, right? Believe me, everyone is honest with themselves here and you will not find one of these ladies arrogant about losing weight and sympathetic about not losing. ** I hope you had a good time with dd. **

Boy, I have a gripe today. We have been in an "orange" level air quality for a couple days and man I am having a hard time of it even indoors. It isn't so bad first thing in the morning, but once it heats up. This morning I am miserable as my adnoids are swollen and my eyes are swollen, puffy, itchy and sore. Besides that, I am having TOM, which I haven't had for 3 months and I feel crappy. I shouldn't gripe because though I am cramping the actual TOM isn't bad anymore, lasts a short period of time and comes and goes now. It would have to happen a couple days before we leave though!

Jack and I went to the pool after he got home yesterday afternoon and I locked us in. We were all alone and it was great. He cannot behave himself, I tell ya. He is still a dirty old man, but he is MY dirty old man! We didn't stay in but a few minutes but he had worked outside all day and was miserable when he got home.

I guess I better get up and get things going as I need to get to the pool in a few minutes. Maybe it will make me feel better, it usually does.

Faye
Old 06-29-2005, 01:54 PM   #3  
It is what it is...

Afternoon girls ... My Weds woe is that I am having a bad sinus headache today ( like you Faye I am having trouble with my allergies with the heat and humidity ) , I guess I shouldnt complain since I have not had a headache in like 3 weeks, but this dang hot weather is getting to me ... anyhow I just took some ibuprofen so hopefully that will kick in soon ...

I got 3 points yesterday...

Marsha - Welcome ... I am a 31 year old, married to my high school sweetheart for the last 11 years... I do not have any children, just one pet named Les, a west highland white terrier ... I am on the WW program for the last 2-3 years now and actually lost 47 pounds in 2004 but I have been sort of slacking this year so need to get my butt in gear for the second half of the year!!

Faye - I feel ya on the heat ( as I said above ) , hope you feel better soon!

Amanda - good job on the laps at the pool...I wish I had a place to swim but I doubt I would - I am so crazy about getting in a swimsuit, scary!!!
You are doing a great job!

Julie, Nikki, and Susan - HI !!!!!!

Well hope you all have a great day...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:34 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday!

Sorry can't hang around as I have a headache (weather related also!) and am very tired as I didn't get a good nights sleep. Did my cycle class today and now am completely pooped - I'm having a well earned rest day tomorrow as today was my 4th day of hard exercise in a row.

Have a good evening

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:13 PM   #5  

Carri
Amanda

Boy guys, we are a mess! It is 96 here so far today and it is supposed to be 101 tomorrow and I need to get out in it! UGH! We are leaving Friday afternoon for Nashville and I need to get a couple books, snacks, my nails done, etc. Hope you feel better Carri and Amanda!

Faye
Old 06-29-2005, 05:05 PM   #6  

HI gals. Woke up to some storms this am, then cleared for a while. Now we are expecting another round for the evening. Hope it blows out for the holiday!
A whine for today: My drain in the basement was backed up - cost $150 to have it opened! STuff like that just drives me crazy sometimes! Also, I am trying to get the house cleaned - we live in a small village of about 80 people that swells to several hundred once a year on the 4th of July. Can't remember exact number but is over 125 years that Cambria (my town) has celebrated on the 4th. Anyway - we are entertaining at our house on Sunday the 3rd - picnic, bocce ball tourney, and a band in the evening (my DS and my nephew and a friend have a band together). Also, the fireworks will be that night instead of on the 4th. Love the day and the company (could be 100 people?) but hate the cleaning because it is always in the heat!

Sorry to hear so many of year are having uncomfortable days today. Hope tomorrow will be better! I have stayed OP today, got in strength and cardio, and almost through enough water. Yeah - hope I don't blow it tonight. That is my hard time.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Marsha
mejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:55 AM   #7  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Take a little time just for you today!

Marsha
Faye

Marsha: I grew up in Northwest Indiana in a town of about 1600 (think of Mayberry and you have North Liberty.) I LOVED the 4th as the town went all out. We had a parade to start the day (it went right past our street) then everyone congregated to the park. They had all different kinds of bands and a place for the kids to dance, small amusement rides for little kids, fireworks in the evening and concessions. Everyone sat on blankets. I miss it but I guess they still do it every year! Glad your drain is a-ok now. Maybe you should hire me to clean! Ask the girls, I am a cleaning nut most of the time!

I guess I am going to try and get some errands done today for the trip tomorrow. I traded Jack money for his book store gift card he got for Father's day so I may go and hunt up a book or two today also. I didn't sleep well at all last night so I will try and come home and maybe grab a short nap.

It was so hot here yesterday we were miserable when we went to bed even with the AC on and two fans. Our AC hasn't shut off in days it is so hot so our utility bill will be fun I suppose. It is 4 in the morning and 81 degrees! I came back downstairs and laid on the couch for awhile with the fans on to let Jack get to sleep as I wasn't feeling too well. I went back up around 11 and finally went to sleep but got back up at 2 AM and here I am. Should be an interesting day. Cross you fingers I don't fall asleep in the pool this morning!

Everyone have a wonderful day today!

Faye
Old 06-30-2005, 10:46 AM   #8  

Well ladies, I did it again. I belong to a las vegas forum and there was a post telling women not to wear sundresses and tank tops because they have found a type of encephalitis carried by mosquitoes in Vegas. The red quote is what some guy answered back and then below it, was what I did to respond! You know me and fat people rights! I am bleeping all my expletives. I was furious and used quite a few:

Mr 21 wrote: Quote:
Unless they are heffers. Nothng worse than an overweight woman trying to dress scantily. Please hide your rolls and bacon back as a common decency.

Who the h*** died and made you the clothing god? Women and men can dress how they d*** well please and if you don't like it don't look. I am so fed up with people dumping on fat people. I don't think I have ever been confrontational on this site, but you know what, only jerks like you are so bigoted you can't seem to let people live like they want to live. Just because you can't seem to control your testosterone and need naked skinny women (oh and skinny ladies you are wonderful too!) to give you a nice "rise" doesn't mean all people are as ignorant as you, though looks like we have quite a few here. I will be d***** if I would let you or anyone else tell me what to wear and believe me I am not ashamed of being the size I am. I do not dress scantily, always try and look my very best but a******* like you need to be dressed down by fat people instead of them slinking away ashamed. I am sure you are no prize bub! For instance, you are obviously a moron! Be glad I will never come face to face with you or I would clean your clock for you and teach you a lesson in manners. Your mother should be ashamed her son is such an ignoramus and has NO MANNERS!

I will undoubtedly get attacked on the site by a bunch of jerk men for this, but I don't care.

Faye
Old 06-30-2005, 11:04 AM   #9  

WTG, Faye! AT least maybe you will cause a couple of people to stop and think a bit!
Sorry you are having such a heat wave. We live in an older home with hot water heat (radiators) so we do not have air conditioning. Live in the Minnesota River valley. People think it doesn't get hot here in MN, but it does! It can get really miserable when the dew points are high. Last night a huge line of storms went throught the whole state - nothing on TV but the weather guys for about 3 hours. We just had rain and a bit of wind, lots of lightning. Anyway - it is much cooler today. I, too, wish you were here to clean for me! I just have a problem getting started.
Yesterday was the best day for me in a long time for eating, exercising, and water - thanks to you guys! I am going to work today on getting and avatar and one of those ticker thinkg. Gotta get jazzed up here a bit.
Will check back later - hello to everyone.
Marsha
Old 06-30-2005, 11:17 AM   #10  
It is what it is...

Morning All ... I dont know what is wrong with me but I have had two bad days the last two days, really just eating and eating for no good reason...I am bound and determined to stay OP today and exercise when I get home!!!

Faye - WOW, can I just say I would hate to ever become your enemy...you can really give it to someone!! And might I add ( what we all know ) that he really deserved to have his a** told off ... about 2 years ago I was in the grocery store and when I was coming out of it there were these two guys coming in, well one of them whistled at me ( the hot whistle ) and then they both just died laughing , I have never been so hurt and embarrassed in all my life... I really wish someone like you would have been with me...I usually give as get as I get but at that moment I was so hurt and shocked that I just wanted to leave and crawl in a hole ... I still think about that sometimes ...

Marsha - I would not ever make it without my A/C ... I dont know how you do it... good job on your eating, keep it up!!

Amanda - hope your headache went away... mine did after some medicine...

Hope you all have a good day!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 01:59 PM   #11  

Hey guys,
Man. I have had one **** of a week. I am sorry I haven't been in here much. I've been reading, just never posted back. After the giant fall out with my mom she ended up in flordia and apparently I am moving at the end of summer up to Dallas....I know I know..huge responsibility....don't think i haven't been lectured and worried about it all. On top of this being on my mind, I just started on birthcontrol. HOLY CRAP. Like my moods and emotions could be any worse right now. So last night I stayed up thinking about all this stuff, and I just started crying. I haven't cried for real since.....I can't even remember. So I didn't end up going to sleep until about 6am. Round about 7, my sisters boyfriend calls me and tells me he's on his way to the hospital. Apparently my sister and 3 of her coworkers were on their way to a meeting and the car they were in flipped. Luckily my sister was wearing her seatbelt so she is okay. The two in the back weren't buckled....I don't know how they are. I haven't really been over eating...but what I have been eating have not been awesome choices on my part.

Carri-Just keep trying and do the best you can, everyone has off days. You'll get back in the swing of things soon.
Marsha-Glad to hear you had a good day yesterday...KEEP IT UP!
Faye-Good for you for showing that guy a thing or two...jerks like that deserve t be dropped a peg or two.

Well I gotta get outta here.
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:35 AM   #12  

FRIDAY: today is Fabulous Friday Follies. A day to tell funny weight loss stories about yourself.

Nikki: I don't think anyone here is going to harangue on your youth with regards to your moving. I think you understand perfectly how difficult it will be and don't need us to tell you anything. I hope it works out well for you. Just remember that Dallas is expensive! If you have a car, you may want to try and live outside the metroplex a ways in one of the smaller towns to save you some money.

Marsha: Do you live anywhere near Minneapolis? Several years ago my ds, bil and my dh and I took a trip to the Mall of America. We did it around Easter and froze to death! lol Dh and I would like to go back sometime since we have more money now! My ds and bil used to live in Rochester.

**FYI I will not be back in here until Tuesday as we are leaving for Nashville this afternoon.***

Everyone have a wonderful holiday weekend and have lots of fun!

Faye
Old 07-01-2005, 10:19 AM   #13  

Good morning to all. It is a fabulous Friday here - temps in the 70's and very low humidity. Forecast keeps putting more rain in for Sunday, though, the day we are planning our outdoor party ! The only good thing - they are wrong more often than they are right!

Nikki - You have so much on your mind right now. I hope your sis is OK. Try to make the most out of your move - a chance to start anew. Be extra good to yourself as those hormones settle down.

Carri - How did yesteday go? I did well again yesterday until about 11:00 last night. I think I finally figured out that I am staying up about 2 hours later than during the school year, and supper was a long time ago. Guess that's why I get hungry! Ate a couple of saltines, so not too bad.

Faye - Have a wonderful weekend! We live about 90 miles SW of Minneapolis. The village of 80 people that I live in is Cambria, about 10 miles from the town that I teach in - New Ulm. We do get to the cities quite often - a lot this summer since DD has been interviewing and now working there. My DS and his GF live there, as does my older sister. DD and I are huge shoppers, and can do the MofA in about 3 hours (just going to the stores that she is interested in!). She is a clothes and shoe-aholic. Fun to shop with her as she is 5 feet tall and weigh 100 pounds - size 0.

Happy 4th of July to all. We are blessed to live in this country and have the opportunities that we have. May you all have a restful, fun, etc. holiday!!
Marsha
Old 07-01-2005, 10:31 AM   #14  

Me, again. Just trying out the new stuff!
Marsha

Old 07-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #15  
It is what it is...

Morning All ... I did really well yesterday, I got 4 points !!! So I am really proud of myself...but now the big challenge, trying to eat right over the holiday weekend, ughhhhh!!! Well I am here to tell you that I am going to try really, really hard to not cheat this whole weekend and even get some exercise in... I cannot keep wasting time ...so anyhow the weather is better today, much less humid ...

Marsha - as you can see from my rant above I did well yesterday ... I also have a hard time from staying away from the food in the evening ... I try not to eat anything after 7:30 though, but it is hard... I hope it does not rain out your party and that you all have a great time!!!

Faye - Hope you have a great time this weekend...don't climb too many stairs...

Julie, Amanda, Nikki, and Susan - Have a great holiday weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!