Old 06-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #31  

Thanks for the helpful advice, everyone. In terms of performance, it's a totally separate issue (I got excellent evaluations and have a very strong relationship with my supervisor--English dept. chair who also is president of the local union). The reappointment letter, it seems, went out by mistake. The assistant super. who is being the most recalcitrant is leaving to become Super. in another state next week. I am hoping to have more luck when the new assistant super. comes (she is a former teacher, union head and well-liked by the teachers).

I have to say, it's really discouraging to be recognized for doing a great job and then just completely jerked around about renewal. I guess that's just how it is for non-tenured teachers. Sigh.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:41 PM   #32  
burned out bus driver

No, I am not lost on the field of dreams.......wish I was.....just spent way, way too many hours in a school bus, and today had to wear my referee shirt (actually put it on last nite). A world war broke out here between Dh and our 2 oldest, a long stupid story I won;t bore you with. The gist of it is- Dh is so stressed out- job is driving him insane, and he wants our kids to do well so much that sometimes his enthusiasm for their success smothers. The kids would do well to accept that....and I need a vacation....away from them all. Thankfully, all the little kiddies are home for the summer and at the last minute I was asked to drive a wheelchair bus to the next county (75 minute drive) to pick up 3 severely disabled students. (2 in chairs, none of them are able to speak at all- this is also a residence facility- to describe the level (or lack of said) of ability of these kids). Gotta be at least $100,000 per student to work with these kids......opened my eyes to a whole new world. Well, at least the bus was air conditioned, and the monitor pleasant company.
Anyway, I have stress eaten myself into oblivion......have a nasty headache and wish I could just crawl in a corner and read my latest Cornwell. One thing good about being so out of touch with current authors, when you are catching up on 10+ years of books, there is no waiting for the next release. I just finished From Potters Field.....and am now working on Cause of Death. BTW- was it Robyn who was looking for books for Ds???
Someone mentioned Louis L'Amour- he wrote the Lonesome Dove series and a mess of other books. My Ds enjoyed them too...or so he told me.
Gotta go- sorry not to get personal right now. I am such a burnout.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #33  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Gin: Sorry life is running you ragged. Get some rest and try to find some peace for yourself. Good luck getting back on program.

Elana: Good luck with the new super.

It was hotter than Hades here today...not complaining though, we just all crowded ourselves in the pool. I'm really tired. Last night, I just couldn't peel myself away from the tube. Everyone went to bed, and I turned on "What Not to Wear." I got all sucked in. Then there was a "What Not to Wear/While You Were Out double cross special. I thought it would be an hour, and got in real deep. Well, it was two hours. I didn't get to bed till 1:00am. What? Am I nuts? When you have a child who is up at dawn, it is just plain dumb to stay up so late. But, I just couldn't help myself. I did enjoy the shows though.

I joined South Beach online, and someone recommended a sugar-free margarita mix to me in case anyone is interested. It is called Baja Bobs. He has all sorts of mixes. www.bajabobs.com. I ordered two gallons!!! Well, it is only the beginning of the summer...I want to make sure I have enough to last me a week or two!!!

I still want to strangle my sister. She has been rubbing me the wrong for too many months.
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 10:10 PM   #34  
Swimming Mouse

Happy weekend, everybody!
I went home to my mom's house last night and just got back. I was her chauffer yesterday because somebody cut in front of her at an exit ramp, and then STOPPED. Her fault, of course, because she hit the rear of the other car. She's black and blue everywhere. Took her to a doctor's appointment and then some generalized running around yesterday & today. I also got my new walking shoes from Propet. They look just like hiking books, and have a high, high neck with laces all the way up. I won't have to wear the ankle brace with them... and they'll be wonderful in wet or cold weather! Finally got a new cell phone too: mine was 5 years old, and didn't do anything: no clock, no vibrate, nothing. This new one vibrates, is color, has a clock, will do Instant Messenger (which I'm not signing up for!) and email and text messaging. I don't do that. I just wanted a phone. It has an organizer and games too...
Kerry: Hmm. The food is interesting. While I was home, we went to our favorite chinese restaurant... I've known the owner and his wife for 15 years, since they opened. Watched his kids grow up. He loves telling people how I'm going to school at Johns Hopkins. He got his chefs to make shrimp & lobster sauce for me without chicken broth, and lots of stir-fried veggies. I am required to go and say hi when I'm in town. I don't know that I've lost any weight, but I sure as heck have developed a whole lot of muscle on my arms and legs that wasn't there before. I guess that is what my body decided to do with all the protein??? Who knows!
Robyn: I sent you another message... Whoever said that he needs to go look and experiment is correct. Ginny? Summer? I forget! My mom used to complain that I kept her broke in books and computer software. She still complains about books. o
The library is lovely... I'll be fairly close to a good one when I move, and Fairfax County has a good library system. I was very spoiled by that and Lancaster's public library system. The state of PA allows you to get books from ANY LIBRARY in the WHOLE STATE for no fee. Here in Baltimore, you have to pay $1 for any reserved book, or any books sent from another branch! Drives me nuts because the larger branch in Towson isn't accessible. I can get in the library, and look at the new books but I can't get upstairs to the stacks. Same with the Baltimore City library that I live like 4 blocks from the main branch! I go to the one near the gym, but its pretty small... Before I had my car, I used to take the public bus to the main Lancaster library all the time: Or when I worked at the hospital, I'd walk the 6 or 7 blocks down and go.
Elana: I'd look for a new position. I should have left the school I left this year last summer. I didn't want to leave though because I loved the kids and what I could do for them. I liked knowing ALL the kids on sight, and having them come and talk to me. I didn't like the administration or the way I was treated... and I let them treat me that way because I didn't want to leave. Bad move on my part, and we don't have a contract or a union, so they were able to do whatever they wanted to do to me.
Book Suggestions: I read two real history books that were very well written lately... Arc of Justice by Kevin Boyle. This is about a black doctor in Michigan who buys a house in what was a 'white only neighborhood' in the early part of the 20th century. Just about the time the NAACP was really getting started. The night after he moved into his house, they were mobbed... people throwing stones and stuff in the windows, and so somebody in the house shot a rifle through the window. The police arrested EVERYBODY in the house. He was defended as his trial by Clarence Darrow (Scopes Monkey trial fame). Lots of background into what was going on at the time.
I'm reading 'Dear Senator' by Essie Mae Washington-Williams right now; she is the black daughter of former-Senator Strom Thurmond. The book tells about how she grew and never knew until 13 or 14 that her mother who raised her was her aunt, and meeting her real mother and then finding out that Thurmond was her father.
I also read the adult version of Chinese Cinderella 'Falling Leaves'.
I read lots of social sciences books about urban poverty, children liiving in such, drug addiction, foster care. All the stuff I see in my classrooms so I can MAYBE understand it a little more: Alex Kotolowitz's 'There are no Children Here' is good, as is Ron Suskind's 'A Hope in the Unseen'. Rosa Lee is good also (can't see the author from here), and about a DC woman who becomes addicted to Heroin, and what happens to her and her family. There is lots of background in all of the books, so you can see what goes on. 'Out of the Darkness: The Story of Mary Ellen Wilson' by Shelman is good also; this is the girl who was the first prosecuted court case for child abuse in the United States. It chronicles the start of child protective services and how it was actually harder to abuse an animal in the late 19th century than it was a child.
Gay Courter's 'I Speak for This Child' is good, and about a person (Courter) who volunteers as a court-appointed special advocate (CASA) for children in the court system. Her experiences are in Florida.
Just about anything by Torey Hayden or Mary MacCracken (latter are almost all out of print).
For the military folks in your lives, 'Spare Parts' is about Marine boot camp prior to the first Gulf War. I know the author. He was the person that hired me at my last school... but he left before I did. Good guy, strong moral values as near as I could tell.
He wasn't my supervisor, though, so I can't put him in my very short category of principals that I actually respect!
Uhm.... Who'd I miss? Ginny? Pam?
I went swimming today at a gym near my mother's house. Their pool is only 4 feet deep and has just one lap lane... then they did a small enclosure that is 8 feet deep with a current. It made it hard to swim, but when I was done, I did like the deep part! The "deep part" at my current gym is 6 feet, and its a heated therapy pool. I don't like the heat part.
OH!!! And I'm looking for bamboo PLANTS. Small ones. Anybody know where to get them? I was looking for a gift for my endocrinologist & her office.... I mean, geez, the lady spent an entire freaking afternoon with me... on a day she doesn't see patients. The bamboo in a glass jar with river rock matches her office perfectly. I found the jar, the rock... I CANNOT FIND THE PLANTS!!!!!! HELP!
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 10:16 PM   #35  
Swimming Mouse

Okay... as if the first message wasn't long enough...
When I was with my mom at the store with the garden center today, looking for bamboo plants, I had a little incident.
I had a little child, perhaps 4, certainly not older than 5, walk up to me, stare for a good long time (at least 3 minutes), point, laugh, and inform everybody how strange I looked. I know I look strange, and I don't need anybody to point it out to me. What made me really mad though was that his parents stood there and WATCHED him do it and then never said a word to him about his behavior!
I'm afraid my "icky teacher' side came out, and I told the child that he was "a very rude little boy" and that "pointing and laughing at people was wrong." THEN his mother and father said something... to me, about what I said to their child. I repeated my statement, and finished with something about how the problem wasn't really their child, but the fact that they didn't try to teach their child any manners. My mother wouldn't have hit me or anything, but if I pointed and laughed and stared, my mother would pull me aside and tell that was wrong. She always told me WHY it was wrong. I think the first time I remember doing that was about 4 or 5 and over a seeing eye-dog.
How would you folks (mothers, preschool and kindergarten or elementary teachers) handle this?
Old 06-26-2005, 03:46 PM   #36  
burned out bus driver

A little bit more sane here today.....and the baseball gods have been good to me today (perhaps the Lord smiled on me 'cause I went to church this am!) in that Ds's game was cancelled. Of course I LOVE sitting in 95 degree weather watching baseball...... Honestly, today would have not been so bad, the game was close to home and just one game. But I am still pooped and glad to have a day off.

Mouse- hugs to you....well, I am sure that Robyn will have the best comeback of all (at least the most sarcastic one!). Mentally I would have been saying "little creeps like you deserve duct tape!". My take on the situation is that the kid has been given a bad example to follow in that mom and dad (or perhaps in this case I should refer to them as incubator and sperm donor ? hope I did not offend anyone out there......) are sleeping on the job. I think I would have addressed the parents, and told them, in a very professional manner, they should be teaching respect for all humanity to their offspring and that they someday might need to draw on that respect should one of them become ill- and then tell the monster that a book cannot be judged by its cover. Of course, with a big smile. Then of course, depending upon where my hormones are a given day, I am liable to say anything, and to expect you to straighten them out could be a superhuman task. So sorry it had to happen......I have come down hard on my own kids for the same offense....and I hope they have learned their lesson. Congrats on the new library!!!!!! I know that means a lot to you....ours fairly recently joined with others in 2 counties and they are all linked online, so I can order books from anywhere....charge is .25 for each book. And I am so dangerous with that. I can browse the catalog at home, order the books from home.....hope you are joining that kind of system too. Ever try a florist for the bamboo plant???

Summer- well, ok you were nuts staying up so late, but I would have done the same thing! What not to wear is a scream......and although I am probably a candidate for it myself, I find it entertaining. Sometimes you just have to get that kind of stuff out of your system. Good luck with SB online.
I'll adopt you as my sister, ok?? (my own drives me insane too!). Too bad about the class.

Kerry- great to see you posting regularly again!!!!! Are you still attending TOPS? And you were the queen of the workout....those #'s will come off I am sure, my sister in sweat.

Elana- what a miserable situation...I third the motion to start looking for another position. Robyn's advice was perfect. Gosh, between Robyn and Mouse we have some experts on the subject. Keep us informed with what happens.

Robyn- so how you faring getting Ds to read???? I remember really disliking that age for reading- I found most of the young adult books just too stupid, and some of the books like Grisham a bit too racy. At that age, I actually got my Dd hooked on Agatha Christie, but I am not sure that your Ds would like her. If I think of anymore, I will let you know. There are always biographies- or even a book about a hobby.....(are there any books on Xbox?????). One thing I also did was get Ds reading magazines about his hobbies. Ok, not quite the quality literature there but better than TV.

Well, the only bad part of no baseball game is now I have to make dinner......Oh well. And I am completely enjoying Cause of Death.....I am almost afraid to ask any of you Cornwell readers about the futures of Marino and Benton Wesley in her subsequent books.....I enjoy their characters and their relationships to Kay.
My eating is MUCH better today....lets hope it stays this way. This week will be strange, tomorrow the "annual" gyn visit, and then the colonoscopy on Friday. Oh what fun.
See ya later!
Ginny
Old 06-26-2005, 08:06 PM   #37  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Ginny, congrats on getting a break from baseball. On days like today, I need to be immersed in cool water (pool or ocean) or stay in the A/C. I cannot imagine sitting in the HOT sun baking as I watch baseball...sheer torture. One of the reasons I watch "What Not to Wear" is because I am also a MAJOR CANDIDATE. (Feel free to nominate me!!!) Anyway, what really sucked me in with the second episode was that the lady was a preschool teacher. Many pieces of her wardrobe look frighteningly familiar...the teacher sweaters, jeans, comfortable shoes and sneakers. She wore her shirts tucked in and belted though with a big belly carrying leftover baby weight, and it looked really freaky. I'd never do that. I'm more known for big shirts and tapered pants...yeh, I know, the tapered pants make my hips look bigger. There aren't too many great choices for pants with elastic waists. Hopefully those days will be over soon. So, with the things we had in common and the things that made me say, "What are you thinkin' girl?" I was hooked. I'd be happy to be adopted as your sis. I'm still really pissed at mine. Good luck with the GYN. I'm putting my appointment off till the end of the summer when I've hopefully lost more weight on SB. So far I've lost 8 pounds in six days!!!!! I'm sure all will go well with the colonoscopy as long as they knock you out. I will say a prayer.

Mouse, after picking my bottom lip off of the floor as I recovered from being utterly mortified, I would have come up with some response. The question is, "Would I have come up with a response before the people moved on?" I am terrible in situations where I am being ridiculed. I'm too shocked to react appropriately. I would want to give the parents a sharp look and tell the child that it is not kind to gawk at people and say mean things to them. I would also comment loudly to my daughter about the fact that some parents don't teach their children how to behave properly. Sometimes an indirect comment can get under people's skins as well. I think it just sucks that these as*holes treated you with such a lack of respect. It is shameful. Hey, another comment could have been, "What goes around, comes around." I doubt these jerks would want their child to be the butt of a joke. I don't think you did anything wrong. You deserved to be treated with dignity. Screw them. As an old friend of mine would say, "GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY." And their attitudes were ugly.

Robyn Robyn Bobobyn Bananafana Fofobyn Feefymomobyn Robyn. I'm waiting for what you would say to these low-lifes that were mean to Mouse.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:34 PM   #38  
burned out bus driver

Ok Summer, consider this your official adoption! Me too with that I would never have a statement ready to come back to the morons that Mouse ran into- but I am surely hoping that someone will. (Robyn, Hon, we need your wit and wisdom here!) I love What Not to Wear.....and of course am a major candidate myself. But my life is far too messy for me to get hung up on clothes......diesel fuel is messy and so are school buses and so are kids (including my own!). And I probably wear all the wrong stuff..but go for comfort (about the only good thing I can say is that I do not wear sweats).
We have our "Bus Driver Barbie" who has never missed a sale at Filene's-and is a walking fashion plate (complete with hair augmentation, shoes matching her purses.....the list goes on). But we all wonder if in an emergency, if she would be able to drag a student off the bus (a requirement in the physical performance test) without twisting her own ankle. Hey, congrats on the 8# loss!!!!!that is wonderful. Are you finding SB easy to follow?

Gotta go.........been here too much today. Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 06-26-2005, 11:03 PM   #39  
Swimming Mouse

G'evening all.
I've done nothing today, oh well. I really should clean... It wouldn't take me long...
I did read and put some of my new CDs (from the birthday gift certificate to Amazon) onto Itunes. Just in case anybody should ever give me a free iPod or I should happen to find one gift-wrapped on my door step!
I finally found a good bag for my shampoo and stuff at the gym... I should have looked there 2 years ago!!! REI, the camping store, sells these things by Eagle Creek called 'cubes'. They're designed to pack clothing or other items into the rectangular space and so you can pack more in your suitcase. They have a mesh opening, and can go in the washer. PERFECT for soap and shampoo, bath puff... because the stuff will get air and won't mildew! It even has a handle. There is an REI store in Timonium, so I got it yesterday when I came back from Pennsylvania.
I finally had to get a new gym bag too. Mine is a ripped mess... and since I actually WORK at the gym, I can't look too much like a slob! I'd bought this one a bit under a year ago at Target, and it was supposed to have a warranty, but Champion said the bag got used too hard (and I suppose they're right). I found one at Ebags that is normally a $75 bag on sale for $25 because it was an old style... and they only had one color left. Its kinda cool, and has a pocket for a water bottle. That's a good thing: I am ALWAYS forgetting my water for the gym because I leave it in the car!
Summer: I, too, hate heat. I hate sweating, too... I think that is one reason that I like swimming much more than I ever liked any other kind of exercise. I walked because I needed to exercise, and not because I ever liked it. The only times I ever liked it were in the fall when it was cool and there was neat scenery to look at. Congrats on the weight loss. I guess my diet is way closer to South Beach than Atkins, though I think she was more interested in Atkins. I just can't live on meat for the rest of my life... but you can't eat eggplant or bok choy on Atkins. Or if you do, its only a tiny bit... and no ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, especially not the fat-free kind! Of course, I definitely haven't lost 8 pounds anywhere in the month I've been doing this.
Ginny: I've worked with 'Life Skills Teacher Barbie' (more than one!). I never understood how they managed to not get printer ink on them, marker, chalk, jello powder, dirty children, etc... and then realized it was because most of them didn't do anything but worksheets and certainly never TAUGHT.
I'm going to go to sleep so I can go swimming in the morning. I either need to get there by 8, because there are TWO water aerobics classes in the morning taught by the teacher I really don't like... or I have to wait to swim till after 11.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:51 PM   #40  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Has anyone ever worked with a "Preschool Teacher Barbie?" Well I have. This chick is beeeeeautiful. She dresses like she works in an office with her tailored dresses and suits, spiky heels, full makeup and glamour hair. Meanwhile, my knit pants and sweaters get splattered with paint, glue, and dirt. You see, good preschool teachers roll up their sleeves and get on the floor with the kids to play and create. She mustn't be doing her job like she should wearing dry-clean only garments. We also have a "Speech/Language Specialist Barbie" and a "School Psychologist Barbie." But, I can see them maintaining their purrrrrfect wardrobes and hair in those "hands-off" positions more easily. You don't get too dirty in PPT meetings.

Mouse, it is nice to see I'm not the only one who prefers exercising in cool water. I can swim recreationally, but I was never a strong lap swimmer, so I really prefer water aerobics.

Well, I'm pissed. This morning, the Y called to tell me they were cancelling my class . I asked how many had signed up in the morning...4. I told them I had gotten 3 people, but the last person wasn't permitted to sign up. Why are they favoring the morning class over the evening? I argued that they are discriminating against working people and parents without nannies. She didn't care. My friend is so mad, she wants to cancel her family facility membership. She's had them do this to her before. Her favorite activity is to swim, and because of classes and the swim team, the only time she can swim is between 8 & 9pm. During the cold months, she isn't nuts about such a limited schedule. Right now I'm searching for an alternative. I'll be damned if I'm stuck with the same boring workout all summer.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:40 PM   #41  
Swimming Mouse

Hi, all.

Oh, yes... Summer. I never understood those teachers or how they manage it. I get dirty just THINKING about my students! I've had kids draw on my shirts in permanent marker (at least it matched the color!), spit on me, throw up on me, wipe 'sneeze' on me, etc. And I think I told the Jell-O story here!

As for your class... I think that is the reason that I gave up on Rec Centers and Y's. First off, most of the pools aren't terribly accessible; there are typically loads of kids around... and for the Rec Centers, well, I got tired REALLY FAST of running into the parents of my middle school students when I was wearing a bathing suit (or worse, in the locker room!). I gave up showering at the rec center after doing special olympics swimming when one of the other teachers got cornered in the shower by a parent. NO THANK-YOU! And I need to be able to shower where I am for a couple of reasons: one, I can't go out smelling like chlorine if I'm going to go anywhere after I swim (and yes, although you may not realize it, you DO sweat when you swim, so there is also that lovely exercise odor!). That puts a huge cramp in my life. secondly, I tend to have skin reactions to bleach of any type. Its probably NOT the chlorine, because they don't put chlorine in the color-safe bleaches or the things like OxyClean, but since I don't know, its safer (and less itchy!) for me to shower as soon as I can after swimming. Oh, and finally, I've discovered that as I swim more, my hair is bleaching itself from the chlorine! I have a really good shampoo from Trader Joes that does a great job taking the stuff out of my hair (even the smell... and its not a special shampoo or anything, just an all-natural herbal thing), but every few months the ends of my hair turn blonde and I look goofy with all black hair, and blonde tips!
I will note, Summer, that MOST places have the 'good' water aerobics classes in the morning. It seems that those of us that work don't do water aerobics. I've wanted to try water kickboxing or deep water jogging for years, but the classes are only ever during the middle of the workday.
I might get a chance this year: my new high school (yes! I now know where I'm placed for the next year; its a brand-new, only 3 years old, high school. I found out today) starts at 9:00 a.m. and lets out at 3:48. I'm trying not to wince over the fact that I'm going to hit the principal with the assistive tech camp that I'm working at during the first week staff is back... and missing both the kick-off picnic for the cluster AND the freshman orientation half-day. AND the fact that I'm grad school at Johns Hopkins and that if I leave at 3:48 on days I have class, I'll NEVER get to Columbia Center because of the traffic... and finally, the Jewish holidays. My new employer doesn't close during them. I'm always happy to make up the time, but I don't think its fair that I should have to use the two personal leave days we get just so I can be with my family on my religious holiday. I'm even happy to come in Good Friday, Easter Monday, Christmas Eve, etc ... I want to be able to use my personal leave time the way other staff does. If we earned annual leave, I could see requiring me to use that (at least until I made up the time), but since we do not...
I might go down and see the school on Thursday. I'm going down on July 8th to see my apartment, and could go to the school then too... but I'm not sure I can wait!
The website has ZERO information about special education or the programs at the school. I did find out that the high school has a Head Start special ed program there, and a rather large number of identified students, but not how many are self-contained or what types of programs there are. I really hope they READ the stuff I submitted; I really don't want to be a core-subject LD teacher!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:10 PM   #42  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Mouse, congratulations on your new position!!! As far as your religious holidays, they can't say a word about you taking the time off for them. It is your right. I'm shocked by any school system that doesn't honor all religious holidays. In my city, we have not only all Jewish and Christian holidays off, we also have Three Kings Day which is a Catholic holiday that mostly hispanic people celebrate. I like the fact that my city respects all faiths. It should be a nationwide mandate for all public schools.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:06 PM   #43  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Well chicadees, it was a rainy day here, so DD begged to go see "Shark Girl & Lava Boy." I told a little white lie to get out of that one. I know, shame on me, but with all the kiddie movies I go to, I'm avoiding that one like the plague. Instead we saw "Bewitched" which was fabulous!!!

I saw the chiropractor about the (ouch!) foot. Apparently I jammed the metatarsal bone...the one I broke 2+ years ago. Don't ask me how. He adjusted me and did ultrasound. We will see how it goes.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:13 PM   #44  
burned out bus driver

Just a drive thru visit here......gotta take Ds to his baseball game and it is SO hot and humid out there!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr.........

Glad to see that Barbie has made her appearance at your schools. Just imagine her driving a school bus (where the pretrip is has you tugging at bus parts, playing with air brakes, testing out all the exits and doors...) all dressed to kill. Oh well.....

Mouse congrats on the new gym bag- and hope your visit to the new school is good.
Summer- yup the heat kills.....I hate it too!! How was the movie.

Take me out to the ball game..........gotta go.
Ginny
Old 06-28-2005, 06:09 PM   #45  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

ding dang...I'm flying in to tell you folks that I've not fallen off the planet...
today marks day 3 of 4 with my inlaws.......the madness ends tomorrow...I hope!
With a church choir and band performance...our oldest is playing in the band.

I've been behaving myself with the eating. No sodas!
I tried to walk just a bit...and my left foot began throbbing AND swelling...so I don't know what the heck is up with this...but I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow!

I'm also trying to deJUNK our bedroom...the lost room of Atlantis! What a chore...it has been abused since Spring Break! Once I get it (theoretically) clean in there I will move on to another room! It might be days! Wish me luck..and patience with the old folks... Today is my mil birthday..... so I will be nice! ...I can do it when I have too!

Re: folks who don't teach their children tolerance and acceptace for people who are different...(re: Mouse's earlier posting) SHAME SHAME SHAME! It is natural for children to be curious... but when finger pointing and laughing happens...AND then for the parents to say something to Mouse for her comments.... How sad. Teeny tiny brains breed teeny tiny brains... Isn't this a shame! As the mom of a kid who is different.... this topic breaks my heart on a regular basis! (Sorry... I've yet to find a witty or funny come back to ignorance and straight up meaness! Altho we DO allow Stephen to say, "I've got a birthdefect...what is your excuse?" That slows some of them down sometimes! Sadly it isn't always children who show their ignorance....
(((Mouse))) :: MeanTeenyTinyBrainPeopleSUCK!

No, no, no....TeacherBarbie works down here at my old school AND my new school! Don't you love the way they wear silk to school and somehow come home wearing silk?! All I would have to do is LOOK at it...and it would fall apart! The thoughts of BusDriverDivaBarbie jumping out the back emergency exit in little teeny heels is about enough to make me LOL.... When I was in high school, my bus was involved in a bus accident and all SHE was worried about was that she broke one of her huge claws! We backed OVER and ON a car...and SHE was ranting about her nails! REALLY!

It is sooooo darn hot....and humid... bleech!

Gotta run... in laws are pulling up AGAIN!
take care,
mee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote