Old 06-20-2005, 01:10 PM   #16  
2006 - Panda Remix

Me again!

I got 2 points yesterday - went a little over my calories but nothing major. Oh yes, I worked out that I have only 3 more pounds to lose before I have lost 10% of my body weight - a great milestone!

Enjoy your day!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:47 PM   #17  
It is what it is...

Afternoon All - I had a good weekend, seemed to go by fast with all of the traveling we were doing for both Fathers for Fathers Day ... didnt get home until late last night so that meant late to bed...so I am pretty tired today...
Hope you all had a good weekend too ... well I guess Summer is officially here tomorrow, we have already had plenty of hot weather so it feels like it has been here for quite a while ... weather man says that it is going to be in the nineties all weekend, ughhhhh ... makes me want to move up with Julie in her cooler weather
Still been doing well on my program, lost a total of 4 pounds last week, but summer makes me not have much of an appetite, sometimes it is too hot to eat alot

Faye - Hope you are having a great time!!!

Amanda - congrats on your weight loss and your exercising, you are doing such a great job!!!

Julie - Glad to hear that your writing is going so well !! Congrats!!!

Everyone else "hello" !!!!

Going to try and exercise tonight, I had a couple of cupcakes last night that I am feeling guilty about... ha ha ... have a good day all !!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:15 PM   #18  

Hello, everyone. Husband was feel pretty good yesterday so we went to see a sneak preview of the new Herbie movie. It was really funny - kids and adults will love it. Herbie in a NASCAR race - can you imagine it?

Having some ups and downs on the weekends - Got to get the eating under control then. So what is new with that - same old, same old thing.

From the 95-100 degrees plus humidty we have been having, we have plunged to the 60's today. What a change. I'm glad because our airconditioning at work is broken and they had to order a part so at least I won't die of the heat in the meantime.

Susan
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:26 AM   #19  

NO TOPIC TODAY

Morning gals. Just a quick post to set up the day. We did absolutely nothing on the trip but hang in the hotel except for the game on Sunday. It was nice, but we go again a week from Friday so I have to get geared up for that!

I will check back in a little while from now as I have stuff I need to get done first

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:51 AM   #20  

Good Morning chickies!

I'm starting to lose again...Yay! Especially since it's TOM, but I can feel things shifting around. I think I might actually make my June goal after all.

Amanda, good for you on getting to the gym. Just walking there alone should count as some exercise.

Faye, hope you had fun on your trip, even though you just stayed in the hotel room...did it have lots of stairs?

Carrie, sounds like you're as busy as me! Congrats on the 4 pounds!

Susan, I'm so envious that you are so close to your goal! keep plugging away at it!

Nikki, I hope you're taking it easy with the running in all this heat.

I got another writing assignment yesterday, so I'd better get to work.

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:40 AM   #21  
It is what it is...

Morning Everyone - glad to hear that we are all doing well. I got a 4 pointer yesterday, yes I actually exercised!! I am going to do my best to do it again today, just doing the 2 mile WATP DVD in my basement, it is so cool down there, it is great...

Faye - Glad to hear that you had a good time, and glad to have you back...

Julie - Good to hear you are losing again, keep it up !!!

Amanda - Hi !!

Susan - So glad to hear that your husband is doing better !!!

Well I hope you all have a good OP day, check back in later, gotta eat breakfast before it gets to close to lunch time !!
Old 06-21-2005, 01:00 PM   #22  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello folks,

I got 3 points yesterday - had a rest day from exercise. Had a big workout today though and won a free t - shirt! I said to the guy 'just give me a man's xl size as the girls one's won't fit me' - he gave me a bit of a strange look as if he thought I was joking, and when I got home and opened it up he's given me a fitted ladies one in xl - but it's tiny, I can't even get it over my head! I'm going to take it back tomorrow to swap it for the mans one I asked for - otherwise it will be about a year before I can wear the other one.

I was accosted by a strange man on my way out of the gym - he asked me how much I pay for my membership, which I thought was fair enough and I was very helpful. Then he said 'how long do you exercise for?' - so I said 'about 1-2 hours' - and he said ' you need to exercise because you are fat!'. He then proceeded to give me a lecture about how I should be walking morning, noon and night and I need to lose weight for a long and healthy life - all the while he was smoking , so I said 'yes, well you should quit the fags if you want a long life'. He then started asking me personal stuff like 'where do you live?' and 'do you work?' and 'why don't you work?' - I couldn't believe how invasive he was being! I ended up saying 'I've got to go now' and just walked off - but I wish I had said 'how dare you judge me and ask me all these personal questions - they are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!'. But I'm so polite I just smile sweetly as he calls me fat! I don't think he was being malicious - he wasn't English and it was probably a cultural difference - but still, who approaches complete strangers, tells them they are fat and then ask them where they live!

I also had a bit of a silly incident at the gym - I decided to shave my legs in the shower and ended up cutting my leg quite badly. It would not stop bleeding and I had to rush through the showers to the toilets to get some tissue - dripping blood all the way! Then I got to my locker and luckily had plasters in my bag - I put one on and started to get dressed, then noticed blood dripping out from under the plaster! I was in a right old mess - I ended up putting all 4 plasters on this silly cut and the blood still soaked through! How embarrasing! I wiped up the blood spots off the floor as best I could but there were still some dried bits - oops! The lesson here is NEVER shave your legs out of the comfort of your own bathroom!

Love Amanda x
Old 06-21-2005, 01:55 PM   #23  

Amanda

Amanda: Cultural difference my aunt patoot! Now you listen to me young woman, I got you into the pool and I am going to get you to stand up for yourself. Promise me next time someone insults you with a comment about being fat, you come back with, "And your an ignorant jerk." DO NOT CONVERSE WITH PEOPLE LIKE THAT! Walk away. Ooooh, I wish I had been with you, the man would have had more battle scars than Anakin Skywalker in Episode III! There is nothing wrong with being fat except the health issues involved but even so, no one and I mean NO ONE has the right to do what he did. Do not put up with that or I am going to have to come over there and give you a face to face talking to that will scare Nigel to death!!!!

Julie: Hey sweety, hope the writing is still going well. Congrats on losing again. It is a pain to be stuck.

Carri: Yeah for you and your pts! You are getting closer and closer to your goal. How is hubby's back doing?

I am pretty sluggish and really tired today so am not op but did get in an hour at the pool. You would think I would be rested lazing around all weekend. Oh and we used the stairs some, but then the elevator was right around the corner!

Have a good afternoon ladies!

Faye
Old 06-21-2005, 06:01 PM   #24  

was it a battery operated elevator??

ooooh, I'm so "Cheeky"!
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:35 AM   #25  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. A day to gripe and complain!

Faye

Julie: You are a bad bad girl!

I binged yesterday. Haven't done that in awhile. I am hopefully back on track with food today though.

Faye
Old 06-23-2005, 08:11 AM   #26  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday a day to give something just to you!

Faye

I will check back in later

Faye
Old 06-23-2005, 01:48 PM   #27  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Girls ... Today and tomorrow it is supposed to hit 90 degrees and be super humid, sounds like fun huh? I am not a big fan of summer weather if you couldn't tell ... I do alot of staying inside in the A/C during the summer months...thank God for my cool basement in my new home ... it is so nice to exercise down there where it is cool ... I only got 3 pts last night but I did weigh myself and I was down another 2 pounds from last week so I am definitely back in the groove, which makes me pretty happy!! My lab tests came back yesterday from my Dr and my cholesterol total is 198...I guess it should be 200 or under so I barely made it My Dr would like to see it a little lower so I am really trying to stick to my diet and lose this weight!! Everything else came back fine, thyroid, liver, iron, etc ...so that was good.

Faye - Sorry to hear about your binge... about 3 months ago I was doing that about twice a week and crying over it after ... I have not felt the urge to do it for a long time, and for that I am thankful ... You can get right back on ( as we have seen you do before ) ...remember Vegas is not far off !!

AManda - That story about that crazy man outside your gym infuriated me and scared me ... sorry you had to go through that...that would have freaked me out, what a jerk!! Do not let him get you down you are doing an EXCELLENT job!!! Keep it up!!

Julie - You are cheeky !! But I like it !! ha ha ha

Nikki, Susan, and anyone else reading "hello" ...
Old 06-24-2005, 07:51 AM   #28  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies! A day for Silly weight loss stories.

Carri
Faye

Carri: It is above hot here today. It is already in the 80's, expected to go pas 100 degrees today. We haven't had any rain in 2 weeks and none is expected for another week than only about 20% chance. It is nice to be able to swim everyday, but we really need rain and some cooler temps. I like you, stay inside except to swim and I go out at around 7:30 am since I have a key now and then get back in the house.

I am kind of being lazy again but promised myself I would get back to where I needed to be. I need these lbs off before Vegas or I have a bunch of clothes that still have the tags and are not going to fit. I have confidence I can do this though, so I just will!

Everyone have a great weekend

Faye
Old 06-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #29  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I've been doing well - 4 points on Weds and 3 points yesterday. It's very hot and humid here too - it makes me very sleepy! This week is the first week that I've done a cycle class on a Weds AND Friday - boy, did I find it hard work today, especially as it's so humid out and the air conditioning at the gym never seems to be working properly! I'm glad I did it though (only 3 of us turned up!) and it will get easier each week I do it - until I up it to 3 classes a week!

FAYE & CARRI - Thanks for your kind words about that jerk. I did feel a bit low about it for an hour or two, but then I said to myself ' don't let that stupid idiot get you down'. I am a lot more assertive than I used to be - but I think that situation threw me a bit because it was so strange and I couldn't quite believe what he was saying!

FAYE - Sorry you've been struggling with your food a bit. I had a bit of a binge on Saturday - I bought half a pound of cheese and just ate loads of cheese sandwiches all day! It was the first time I've done that for months and in the past I would have had crisps, chocolate and quiche aswell - so there is an improvement! I binged because I was feeling sad and lonely - how about you?

CARRI - Congrats on another 2lb down! You are definately back on track now aren't you and that weight is coming off nice and consistently.

JULIE - Keep up the good work!

SUSAN & NIKKI - Hello!

Love Amanda x
Old 06-24-2005, 11:19 AM   #30  

Hey guys
So once again, my mom is effing crazy. She accuses me of doing absolutely nothing to help her around the house, saying that the mess is all mine, when I cleaned the kitchen, did the cat litter, swept and mopped two days ago, and pretty much everything i picked up and threw away was trash she left lying around. She was carrying and stack of picture frames and I asked her if she needed help, and she said, "Why start now? You haven't lifted a f***ing finger since your father left!!" Then continued to scream at me for another 20 minutes....in this time she literally wished her health problems on me. I got pissed, stormed out of the house, my sister called me crying about 3 hours later because moms went off on her too, I ended up coming in close to 2 am...haven't said a word to my mom since. Shes crazy. Anyways. I've had a few slip ups in my eating, but no big thing, and I haven't gone running all week. BUT I went back to the dr to talk about my blood tests, everything was normal, my blood pressure is good, and I lost 5 pounds! The heat has been absolutely insane here too. Its been in the high 90's all week, plus the humidity, and no rain. The heat index has been about 110. fantastic. feels good. NOT. If i go somewhere I can hardly touch my steering wheel for the first 5 minutes im driving becuase its soo hot, not to mention shifting. No good. Anyways, I need to be somewhere in a few minutes. I will come back for individual replies later today.
Yall have a good day,
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote