Starting over

• I am 47, my husband of 15 years passed away a year ago October and am in full men-on-pause. One year to the day when I buried my husband I fell from a flight of stairs, breaking my wrist, dislocating my shoulder, rupturing two discs and damaging the entire right lower side and buttox, contributing to my depression. I could not and still am not allowed to do nor can I do alot of things that I once could.

In 1995 I weighed 327 pounds. I lost 163 pounds in 8 months just by eating. I kept it off until 2001. The details are not important, but obviously I have gained back a little over half since then.

Not only have I found that menopause makes you moody, it also inhibits your ability to lose weight. I am doing acupuncture for the menopause, because the pills the doctors gave me was what jumpstarted the uphill climb in the first place. There has to be alternatives for those of us that are prone to be overweight. I have been heavy since birth. The only time I ever was able to fit into a size eight was the last time I lost my weight. I was extremely happy.

I am starting over. Typically I am a loner and prefer to do things myself, I have now admitted that I cannot do this alone... not this time. I need someone to talk to when the days are long and the determination is short. I hope talking with all of you can keep me on the right track.

I want to get back down to 175 ( I was told I was too thin at 164) at 5'9" I carry my weight all over, which is fortunate. I have a bunch of size 8's that I want to fit back into. I look younger then my years and I want it to stay that way.

Recently I completed a detox with herbs that are supposed to be good for the liver and the spleen. If there is anyone that can support this theory I would be happy to know their experience. The one thing it does do is drain your energy, but they told me that to begin with.

Does anyone have experience with injuries and being able to exercise without reinjuring yourself? This scares me to death. I run a business and cannot afford to be out of work anymore, but I neither want this uphill swing in my weight. I used to enjoy exercise, but now it is almost a choreI believe knowing how to fight a battle is just as important as the war. This is a war I want to win not only for now but always. Please help.

Starting over......
  • The title of your thread caught my eye. I've 'started over' so many times that I have lost count. I am considerably older than you are (59) and went into menopause overnight because of surgery 15 years ago. I was on HRT for 13 years and started taking black cohosh (sp?) went I went off the HRT. I've never been injured so cannot help you there. I know all about the weight battle; I know what I should be doing but I just don't do it consistently. Please accept my condolences in the death of your husband.

I wish you good luck!

Jean -- from Iowa!
  • Very similar situations.
    Quote:
    I am 47, my husband of 15 years passed away a year ago October and am in full men-on-pause. One year to the day when I buried my husband I fell from a flight of stairs, breaking my wrist, dislocating my shoulder, rupturing two discs and damaging the entire right lower side and buttox, contributing to my depression. I could not and still am not allowed to do nor can I do alot of things that I once could.

In 1995 I weighed 327 pounds. I lost 163 pounds in 8 months just by eating. I kept it off until 2001. The details are not important, but obviously I have gained back a little over half since then.

Not only have I found that menopause makes you moody, it also inhibits your ability to lose weight. I am doing acupuncture for the menopause, because the pills the doctors gave me was what jumpstarted the uphill climb in the first place. There has to be alternatives for those of us that are prone to be overweight. I have been heavy since birth. The only time I ever was able to fit into a size eight was the last time I lost my weight. I was extremely happy.

I am starting over. Typically I am a loner and prefer to do things myself, I have now admitted that I cannot do this alone... not this time. I need someone to talk to when the days are long and the determination is short. I hope talking with all of you can keep me on the right track.

I want to get back down to 175 ( I was told I was too thin at 164) at 5'9" I carry my weight all over, which is fortunate. I have a bunch of size 8's that I want to fit back into. I look younger then my years and I want it to stay that way.

Recently I completed a detox with herbs that are supposed to be good for the liver and the spleen. If there is anyone that can support this theory I would be happy to know their experience. The one thing it does do is drain your energy, but they told me that to begin with.

Does anyone have experience with injuries and being able to exercise without reinjuring yourself? This scares me to death. I run a business and cannot afford to be out of work anymore, but I neither want this uphill swing in my weight. I used to enjoy exercise, but now it is almost a choreI believe knowing how to fight a battle is just as important as the war. This is a war I want to win not only for now but always. Please help.

Starting over......

ARE YOU STILL WITH THIS SITE?
    IF YOU ARE, I'D LOVE TO CHAT WITH YOU.

KELLI