Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:47 AM   #241  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

wkgirl its hard to fit our good eating habits in when we are away from home or at a special event. Don't be to hard on yourself just reflect back to what you knew was good for you before and slowly try to set some of those things back in. I find setting goals for myself or scheduling exercise works for me. Which come to think I should do again because it gets me moving. Good luck!
Edyie I know I like a snack at night too! How about a yogurt or some fruit? Just a thought. I used to like a bowl of cereal. There is just something about having a little snack before we turn in. Thanks for your kind words yesterday.
I am trying to swing back into my own good habits. Its not easy sometimes. Yesterday I ate lunch at an all day medicaid/medicare conference. Lots of changes coming up for everyone in October and lots of info. to get used to doing for others. I didn't do to bad eating but did have a small piece of white cake and shouldn't of made a sandwich. Instead I should of added the meat to my salad. Oh well an after thought hours later! But some girls really ate! Had several desserts I felt good to have control over what I did take. Watching others helped me have some guidelines sadly to say!
Today I am going to eat with in my calorie range, healthy foods, exercise swimming.
Have a super day!
Old 08-11-2005, 07:54 AM   #242  
deleted2

Great to 'see' you again, Karla! Accountability is always good--why don't you post your menus here for awhile. Hoe'd that great new dress work out for you sis's wedding?

I'm still dealing with the stress of my dad being in the hospital, but am staying on track for the most part. Seems to be a general drain on my energy. The worst part is there's really nothing I can do.

Thursday I hope to keep my calories around 1500 and do some abs exercises, and maybe walk on the treadmill, and work out on my Pilates machine.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:58 AM   #243  
deleted2

Default Wednesday--Aug. 10

Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
brown rice w/ tempeh, fresh salsa, cheese

whey protein drink

2 ww w/ lite cream cheese, cheddar, spinach, peppers, onion, cucumber
nectarine

Clif 'nectar' bar

tomato soup w/ 1/4 c. br. rice and salsa stirred in
boca burger w/ goddess dressing
1/2 cup strawbs and blueberries

water: 6 glasses
calories: 1510
protein: 70 grams
fruit/ vegs: 7 serv.

exercise: 45 min. upper body workout
15 min. yoga

Old 08-12-2005, 06:32 AM   #244  
fIREFLY

Hello everyone,
Yesterday I was beat after work and never exercised just relaxed. Starting monday I am going to put my self on a schedule again to exercise. That seems to be the best way for me. Hope your all having a good day. I am off to work.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:33 AM   #245  
deleted2

Default Thursday

Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ lite cream cheese, 2 hard-boiled eggs, spinach, onion

1/2 cup brown rice w/ soy 'chicken', salsa, cheese
strawberries and blueberries [1 cup]

fruit-sweet. banana cake

2 big pcs. pizza [bad...white flour and all that]

then another pc. of banana cake when i got home!

Calories: I really shudder to think. If I had to guess I'd say about 2500!

exercise: 25 min. Pilates machine

Jeez, the one time that I don't bring food with me and I get too hungry. Live and learn.....I should NEVER leave the house without some kind of emergency food.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:40 AM   #246  
Empress/Queen

Hi, E 'n Cac!!!

E, left ya a message on the journal in the land far far ... I really think with all that's goin' on, ya did well ... AND ya did the Pilates, too ... I want to do that more, bought a pilates mag and was lookin' at the great new machines ... seems the machines are makin' a comeback as the discipline goes back to its roots rather than mistakin' it for something else like yoga.

Today is a new day ... let's go!
Old 08-13-2005, 11:44 AM   #247  
fIREFLY

Edyie preplanning always seems to help I hear you loud and clear. At least its a process of learning what we could do better next time. I think thats and important part of learning to have a new lifestyle. There is times we all slip up its jumping back into the ring of improvement that makes the difference and how soon we do that before damage is done. This speaking truly of my own experiences. Have a great day and every day is a new start!
Amarantha I am trying to use less sugar and white flour boy its tough!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:08 AM   #248  
deleted2

Default Sunday

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 eggs, 2 egg whites, scrambled w/ 1/4 c. cottage cheese, brocolli, onions, pepprs, salsa, cheese, soy 'bacon'

Salad [lettuce, lots of vegs, beans, feta, soy 'chicken', goddess dressing]

1 ww toast w/ butter

corn muffin
boca burger w/ salsa
sweet potato wedges

water: 6 glasses
calories: 1770

exercise: 20 min. Pilates

Old 08-15-2005, 06:12 AM   #249  
deleted2

MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:

Drink at least 10 glasses of water per day.

SWEAT every day!

Pilates or yoga every day.

At least 7 servings of fruit/vegs every day.

Count calories and make good food choices!!!

Old 08-15-2005, 07:44 AM   #250  
fIREFLY

My goal for this week will be to get my exercise in for 3 times at the gym. I will schedule myself on the calendar. This has been helpful in the past. I also will be shooting for around 1400 -1500 calories a day. I have our anniversary on friday which means we are going out for a nice dinner. But will work on choosing low cal breakfast and lunches. Also a graduation party on saturday and I will work on the same that day.
Together we will all reach our goals, support and encouragement and knowing we aren't alone in this fight to improve our life styles.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:00 AM   #251  
deleted2

Default Wednesday

Here I am in the last 2 weeks of BFL and my program is suffering because of my dad having to spend time in a nursing home to recover from surgery and all the traveling and stress that goes along with all that. But I do the best I can. Yesterday i was so tired that I blew off my workout. Oh well, I'll just make yesterday my rest day for the week. I have to be more flexible, that's all. During a particularly stressful time, I soooo wanted sugar, but I didn't succumb.

Here's yesterday's food:

coffee w/ 1/2 and 12/
w tortilla w/ 2 eggs, ff cheese
baked potato

ww tortilla w/ hummus, lite cheese, spinach, peppers, onions, carrot
Clif 'nectar' bar
1 handful cashews

1/3 cup cashews and unsweet carob chips

macaroni and cheese [I admit it, just the nasty 'white' lean cuisine kind. Not even satifying!]

2 ww w/ lite swiss, cabbage, onion, mustard [this was really good. Kinda like a veggie reuben]
a few rice chips

water: 8 glasses
calories: ? Likely well over 2000....
protein: I don't think that I fell short today!

exercise: none

Old 08-18-2005, 02:12 PM   #252  
Empress/Queen

You're doin' great, E!!! May I suggest kind of easin' off on the weights during this time (despite thy challenge) and workin' on the more calmin' areas such as pilates and yoga (I've blown my Pilates challenge, btw, but hope springs eternal) that are most familiar to thee and will place thy bod in a state o' "ME-ME'ness" ... maybe you need to stay centered and the mind/body/breathing/stretching/spirituality exercises are best for that ... or just go walkabout ... a lady I used to know from New Zealand said that word meant to "walk and walk until you meet yourself" ... just breathe, E, and be gentle with thy bod.

Sorry to always be advice givin' when I can't even follow my own dictates ... anyhow ... I will soon be workin' on a low glycemic ww mac 'n cheese recipe and will share ... in the meantime ... Annie's (same company as the dressin' thou likes and which I DO intend to buy, just haven't done it yet) ... makes several varieties of package mac 'n cheese that are Sugar Busters "legal" ... meanin' they'd be low glycemic and healthy for thy plan as well, even if you don't do SB ... actually, I don't do SB per se anymore either, as thou knowest.

See ya.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #253  
Empress/Queen

E, I'm pm'ing thee a recipe I got from the sugar addicts website ... I tried this and it's just great. I can't wait to make it again. I can't post it because it isn't my recipe.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:32 AM   #254  
fIREFLY

Hello girls just a quick one before work. I have been really trying to get into the swing of things. More veggies, fruit and water on hand helps. I made a really good veggie stew yesterday it was low cal but not the bread I ate with it. How dum I was to mess that up. But at least I put the rest in the freezer so I won't eat it today. I am taking some stew for my lunch with a peach for a snack and a kashi bar for inbetween work and home. I am trying to jump back in. My computer being down cut my life line with my sites that wasn't a good thing! Talk to you soon. Edyie my thoughts are with you. Our parents aging isn't easy for anyone! My mom is 83 and its tought we love them so much and want things to be right for them sometimes its a control we don't have. But boy do I wish we did! Hang in there! Hope he is adjusting as well as possible.
Carol
Old 08-25-2005, 07:15 AM   #255  
fIREFLY

Edyie hopw things are getting easier for you. Its hard to have loved ones in the rehab or nursing home. My thoughts are with you. Don't forget to take care of yourself because you need to be healthy to help others. That is one of my reasons for trying to be healthier is my hubby has an illness and I need to ensure as his needs increase I am fit to help him out.
I have been eating pretty healthy or at least with in my boundaries I have set. I had an ice cream cone with a friend last night but it still fit in my days worth of cals. I am off to go camping on friday morning. I am packing lots of veggies, fruit salad etc. My veggie daughter said there is a festival for veggie foods here this weekend. Lots of different info. and recipes, products etc.. I wish I was home it would of been nice to attend. I enjoy the foods and trying new things.
Take care everyone!
Closed Thread