Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#36)

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to

• Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
  • Hello

Today was the last day of school for the kids (1/2 day) and TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY!!! I'm looking so forward to the summer! After tomorrow I can start posting again regularly. It's been so busy closing out the school I have been so tired by night and just too tired to post and think straight. I know you know how I feel Shelley.

Wayne still has Pneumonia (2 1/2 weeks now). His voice is still horse.I can't remember what he really sounded like anymore! Bless his heart. His birthday is Sunday (29th). I'm going to try to plan something special for him.

Gotta go and pick up him from work. I have missed ya'll!!!

Love & big hugs...........
  • Sherry-My principal had pneumonia, and was out again yesterday because it never cleared up and she still burns the candle at both ends. Please make sure Wayne gets lots of rest and doesn't end up like her.

Our kids' last day is Thursday. From Tuesday on, it is 1/2 days. Today is our staff luncheon and I was elected to do it. We are having pizza, salad, breadsticks, cinnastix, and cake (the cake is for the principal-she got elementary principal of the year.) I have yet to get my EOY stuff started for bookkeeping, since the secretary has been out of town and I had to cover for her. She came back yesterday, but it is still so hard since I am at the front counter. I am so afraid that my books will suffer this year because of where I'm located when they come to do the audit.

Sherry-Your welcome sign is beautiful. Thanks for all you do for us! Have a great time this summer. If you happen to come to Fl, call me!
  • Here is part of a message I received from Ramona, she wanted me to share.

I'm at work today and as you know I can't post from here. My computer is
    down at home due to moving furniture around and bringing in things from my
    mom and dad's house. I had some problems earlier this week and the clinic
    sent me straight to the hospital. They thought I had a blood clot, but
    fortunately it was not. Now I'm just waiting for the results of other
    tests. If you would, just let everyone know that I'm thinking of them and
    hope to post very soon. I miss you all very much! Take care of yourself.
    Love,
    Ramona

For all of you walkers: My little footsies are aching like crazy!!! I have a decent pair of cross trainers, but I think the asphalt where I walk is creating havoc on the bottoms of this "virgin walkers" feet!!! I purchased a pair of gel insoles, but they seemed to make matters worse, midway through my walk yesterday, I removed them. Any suggestions? If you use insoles can you suggest a decent brand???
  • Gayle-Thank you so much for the update on Ramona. I think you should go to a specialty store to buy walking shoes.

Ramona-I am sending prayers your way. I love you!
  • Sherry, I hope Wayne is feeling better. Is he using an inhaler? When I had the big P, it seemed to help me quite a bit. What will Drew be doing all summer?

Shelley, The shoes are a pair of Curves cross trainers, today they seemed to work out better. I probably just need to toughen these feet up! I can't afford new shoes right now. We have EVERYTHING DUE! House insurance/tags,taxes/life insurance/cosmetology license etc... I'm starting to think we pay everyone else better then ourselves!! LOL!

Where is our little Canadian chickie??????

Carol, how is dad doing?

Ramona, I hope your feeling better. Let us know something when you can.

Mom walked by herself today into the hospital for therapy. She has been using a walker for stability. I'm not sure I trust her without the walker, but I stayed right by her side and she balanced well. We go back to the doctor Tuesday to see if she is building up with fluid again.

What are the holiday plans for everyone??? We plan to mow at the parents tomorrow night, do odds & ends at home Saturday, take the MIL & FIL to the cemetary Sunday A.M. and my mom to the cemetary Sunday P.M. If all works out, I plan to do NOTHING Monday!!! (ya, right!!)
  • Gayle-I am so happy that your mom was able to walk on her own. I'm sure you are helping her be very careful. I didn't know that you had a cosmetology license. I'll have to start asking you wrinkle questions!!

Nothing planned for the holiday weekend. Just probably working around the house. The kids go out of school yesterday. The teacher's last day is today, thank goodness! I only wish that some of the administration wasn't here either!
  • Down another pound!!!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!
  • Gayle-Congratulations! You are doing a great job!

Went a couple places with my mom yesterday. I hate to say this, but I get tired of having to go so slow with her. I know that's an awful thing to say, but I am used to walking fast wherever I go, and I have to really slow down with her.
  • Hello

Gayle....WTG on the weight loss!!! You're doing great!!!!! I've been making good choices and I weigh Monday so can't wait to see if I've lost. Keep it up girl!

Shelley....I know what you mean!! I took Mrs.Abernathy (MIL) shopping for a dress last week and she wore me out!!!! She walks slow, can't see and takes her forever to do anything. Bless her heart. I love her so much though....it's worth it and I'm lucky to have her. I know how you feel though!!!!!!

I'm going to take food over to the Abernathy's today.Going to see Mom & Dad too. Tomorrow (Memorial Day) we're having a cook-out with friends.We'll be celebrating Wayne's b/day too even though it's today. I have a lot coming so it should be a busy,fun-filled day.

What is everyone's plans for tomorrow (or today?)

Have a great one...Love & Hugs......
  • Oh by the way.........

If my little Candian friend doesn't post soon and let us know she's ok I'm heading to her house!!!!

(Reck, I'm off all summer, why not!! )
  • Thank you for the praise girls!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WAYNE!!!!!!!! TAKE THAT SEXY WIFE OF YOURS OUT ON THE TOWN & THE TWO OF YOU CELEBRATE! If we don't hear back from her, we'll know you guys had a little too much fun!!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!!!!

My mother will soon be 79, how old are all of your parents? Mom was starting to slow down, then she had the heart attack. Now she really moves slow with the walker, but we are blessed she can even move at all.
    We spent all day at the cemetary's today. My dads grave looks really nice. I asked Steves mom to sew a special flag for dad and it is on a metal shephards hook. I take silk flowers and cut flowers every year. All of the other graves I decorate with silks, but I just "feel" better knowing I'm leaving some fresh flowers to honor dad.

We plan to BBQ Monday and hang out by the pool. ALTHOUGH.... now they are saying it will only be in the upper 60's with thundershowers! Go figure!

Have a safe & fun holiday!
  • Pool??? Gayle..I didn't know you have a pool!! I hope you have a great time!!

We didn't hit the town tonight. We went to the 4:45 bingo session and Wayne won $500.00!!! This will be put into our July Florida trip!!

Parents Ages: My Mom is 65. Dad is 71. Wayne's Parents are 79 & 76

Have fun tomorrow everyone!
  • Yep, we got us there a BIG pool.... :-) Actually it's an above ground and just big enough for about 3-4 people!!! I just thought it sounded cool to say we were hanging by the pool all day. LOL! My, your parents are young! If my dad was still living, he would be 85. It's hard for me to imagine him at this age, he passed away on his 66th birthday. WOW! Wayne REALLY had a good birthday! Congrats on the win!!!
  • Gayle-My mom is 81, and my dad is 82. They are coming over today for dinner. Not sure what we're having other than barbecue chicken at this point. Mike hasn't told me exactly what he's cooking other than the chicken.

Sherry-Congratulations on the $500.00! That's a great birthday present for Wayne. I thought you weren't coming to Fl. this year. When are you coming? Becky and I are going to look at some colleges in the state this summer, maybe we can come and see you at the same time. We are going to Tampa on July 7, but she wants to go up to Tallahassee and Gainesville also. Maybe when we are up there we can stop by Panama City.