Old 06-27-2005, 06:53 PM   #91  

Hi all, Another HOT day here 94* had hay to bale luckilly didn't have to unload it. Boys will in the morning. worth every penny.
Didn't do much over the weekend. to hot to go on home tour,so stayed home.
dd was 28 yesterday. dh will be the big 60 tomorrow. waiting till sat. to celebrate when his sister comes to visit.german choc. cake his favorite.
got him a wheelbarrow & road atlas for his b.day. we are going on a business trip we earned thru business the 6-10 to a spa,resort in missouri. only bad part is driving to & from as it's over 13 hours 1 way. try to email at a later time before I go hopefully Bonnie2
bon5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:26 PM   #92  

Hello Everyone,

Gee Bonnie2, a road trip that is really cool. Too bad you can't fly instead, thirteen hours is a long drive. It has been hot here too and we desperately need rain, but it has not been up to 94 yet. Summer is my most favorite time of year. All our first crop went into the silos, we won't have to bale until second crop is cut down. Hope everyone has an enjoyable birthday at your house. enjoy your vacation het away.

Diane a road trip for you too. I am surprised you are leaving baby Emilee. She is so cute.

I am falling asleep at the computer, so I will try for more tommrow.

Take care Everyone....

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:21 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Yikes! 94 degrees already, Bonnie2? And you're baling hay, too--whew! I'd be inside my air conditioned house. I think 94 degrees is too hot to do much of anything except hang around the house, but I'm a weather wimp. Happy birthday to your DH and a belated happy birthday to your daughter. I have a 28 year old stepdaughter. German chocolate cake--yum! Are you making it? I'm afraid I can't stay out of the frosting or the cake batter so I tend to buy my cakes these days. And DH may get a cupcake for his! The resort sounds wonderful, but the drive sounds awful. Hope you can break it up into a couple of days.

Bluet, it's SO good to see you! Glad it hasn't been too hot where you are. I can understand why summer is your favorite time because your springs seem so darn short. I swear you just had snow not too long ago, right? It hasn't been that long since SunnyD posted a photo of her yard covered in snow. Hope you got some good sleep last night, and that you're not working too hard.

My DH and I went to a lecture today on "Oregon as Eden." Oregon has been the site of a lot of interesting utopian movements, and the speaker was both knowledgeable and amusing. I added weight to my weight lifting routine this morning, and I was a bit more uncomfortable sitting in the chairs than usual, but the guy kept me "entertained." Need to soak in a hot tub! That'll come tomorrow after water aerobics.

Going to my weigh-in tonight. I'm pretty sure I either gained a bit or stayed the same. When I was in Seattle, I ate poorly, and it seems the older I get I can pack on the pounds in a couple of days of bad eating, but it takes two weeks to lose that weight. Oh, well, I'm nothing if not persistent, and I will get to my goal by December 31!

I was all a-twitter yesterday because my daughter has been looking into colleges, and is interested in computer engineering or bioengineering. I wrote her, though, that I would support her decision no matter if it was engineering or cosmetology. I did mention that I might be a bit skeptical if she decided on studying ancient Sanskrit because supporting herself with that degree might be difficult. My son ( the one who isn't already in college) has been looking into taking classes, too. Hopefully, the two looky-loos will actually enroll one of these days!

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday! Hello to Charlotte, SunnyD, and Diane!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:38 PM   #94  

Hello,

Well, I am a little more awake tonight than I was last night. After supper, I put the sprinkler out in some of the flower beds and lugged buckets of water with miracle grow mixed in down to my roses. It is a very good summer for roses, very hot, but they need moisture and we are in a mini-drought right now. The grass has turned crispy brown, and there is way too much of it to try to even start watering it. So we pray for rain. Things have been very busy at work, the owner is out of town his week and OB is puffing around the office like he owns it. UGH Son-in-law next door flew out to Lake Tahoe to help a friend replace a roof on his summer home in the mountains, he is due back tomorrow evening, I have been helping DD out with the kids, so that has been keeping me busy too. Yesterday MIL was working in the kitchen at the Senior Center and she suddenly passed out. SIL called me at work to meet her at the Senior Center. I insisted that MIL be looked at by a physician before we took her home. So I took her to the emergency room. They did a brain scan and an ekg and she didn't have a heart attack or a stroke, which is a good thing. Her blood pressure was very elevated and she was dehydrated. She had decided that instead of taking the prescribed two blood pressure pills a day that she would just cut back to one. They gave her a lot of fluids intraveniously and explained to her that she needed to take her bp medicine one in the morning and one at night. SIL is going to monitor that and other SIL is going to make an appointment with MIL's GP and take her to the appointment. Yes, she still goes to the Senior Center to help make meals once a week for the "Old People" MIL is 92

Sheila, good luck at your weigh-in tonight. I hope you come away very very happy. I hope your kids decide to go back to school, they will never regret it when they get older. Now's the time for them to do it, before they get too tied down.

Charlotte, your vacation sounded wonderful, I am green with envy, but so very happy for you and DH that you were able to get away and enjoy yourself.

Sunny, do you guys need rain too? We are not getting any forcasted either, kind of scary. It is nice that you are able to walk with Joe in the morning, was wondering how many miles you have in for June now.

Willow, so glad to hear your hip surgery went well. Thank you for letting us know. Looking forward to hearing how evey thing healed and it all the pain went away.

Diane, happy vacation in Louisiana, hope you are enjoying yourself.

Bonnie2, did you get all your hay baled? That is such hard work, do you have a bale thrower, or does some custom bale for you?

Well gotta go guys, have to go turn the sprinklers off. Take care!!!!

Bluet

I LOVE SUMMER
Old 06-29-2005, 02:31 PM   #95  

Good morning!

Bluet, that's pretty scary about your MIL. I wonder why she decided just to take one pill? Nice to know she's still volunteering at age 92, isn't it? How about some photos of those roses? I love looking at them, and smelling them, but growing them is way too much work.

Not much going on here. We went to water aerobics, and as I was dressing for the pool, I discovered I didn't have my water shoes. I have a phobia about locker room floors so I could either go home or wear my socks. I ended up wearing my socks to the pool edge, then taking them off to go into the water. Of course, I had to explain it to everyone, but what the heck, I'm sure they have phobias, too. After aerobics, we went to Starbuck's where I got a coffee light frappucino--it's only 2.5 WW points, and I don't indulge too often.

Going to try to finish planting the color spots I bought for 50 cents the other day. Then go to the animal shelter to walk a couple of dogs before it gets too warm. Our too warm is 80 degrees. Luckily, I walk in a nice shady park near the shelter, but with the dogs I walk, it's pretty vigorous and gets me all sweaty. Maybe that's a reason I don't like hot weather--hate getting sweaty!

Have a good Wednesday, everyone!

Oh, almost forgot to mention that I'd gained .5 lb. That's okay, though, because I really did overindulge during my trip to Seattle. It's so darn easy to pack on the pounds, and it takes forever to get them off, doesn't it?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #96  

Hi Sheila,

My MIL is of strong German stock and was raised during the depression, she is extremely conservative, and with age has become more so. I keep reminding myself of this stuff in hopes that I can remain more open-minded as I age. But who knows what lies ahead.

Last night I took a bunch of pictures of my flower beds, but it was late because DH and I had been hoeing and weeding the garden, and it is a big garden. Actually it is not really our garden it is SIL's next door. Back to the pictures....I have posted pictures only once and that was the winter pictures of our house. I can't figure out how I got them reduced to a size appropriate for the forum. I will take another look at it again tonight. Surely I can figure this out, it can't be that hard, right?

I have that phobia about pool surfaces too. Door handles, shopping carts, etc. I developed this problem when they started showing what germs and fungus really look like on TV. Oh, don't get me started.

What are color spots that you bought for 50 cents? You have me completely baffled.

Not much else going on, except work and more work. Oh by the way, remember when DH fell off that ladder in March? Well, the internest dinked around until last month when DH put his foot down and insisted on a MRI and to be refered to an Ortho. Well, they discovered that he had severed tendions in his arm with his rotary cup when he fell on his shoulder. So he is going in for surgery next Thursday.

Well, lunch time is over, gotta go. Hello to Charlotte, Sunny, Diane and Bonnie2.

Bluet
Old 06-30-2005, 08:11 PM   #97  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good evening gals...

I am sooooo sorry I haven't been around... I just don't know where the time goes!!! I am beginning to feel that "closed-in" feeling again... I really don't like it when I am feel this way! I have not had a chance to read and catch up so forgive me for not posting to each of you at the moment - I just wanted you all to know that I have been thinking of you and that I am still around, well but just very busy. I will come back after the 4th Holiday and fill you all in... I have had some good days with Joe that I would love to share with you.

I am so glad to see that Bonnie/Bluet is posting again & enjoying the summer weather and that Charlotte is home and had a wonderful time on her mini-vacation, and that Sheila is keeping this thread alive and kicking (((Sheila))), Diane is enjoying that Beautiful baby girl and that Bonnie2 is feeling well again... I Love You all!

Be seeing you soon
May God Bless you and May you
have a Safe and Happy 4th of July! :
*Smiles*
<><

*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #98  

Hello everyone,
Couldn't get into the site yesterday.........

Hope all are having a great Friday! It's so hot here....hit 96 yesterday.

I'll have to come back when I have more time. Enjoyed reading all of the posts.

I'll be back...............................

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:30 PM   #99  

Hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!! Take care, and have fun!
Old 07-02-2005, 11:08 AM   #100  

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:15 PM   #101  
I can and I will do it!

Default Good Sat. afternoon

Hi ladies back from our little trip had a good time but was so glad to be home. I am such a home body. I wonder how I will do in Oct. when I am gone for 10 days to Maine?

Not much going on here just trying to stay cool like the rest of you. We did get some much needed rain last night so today has been cooler, we haven't had to run air all day.

I hope you all have a good holiday, we don't have any plans at all. I just have two wks. left off so I am trying to get my work done before the babies start coming.

Talk to you all later.
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:57 PM   #102  

Default New Thread!

I started up #25 here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...848#post891848