3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   ~curvy Vixen #5~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/58058-%7Ecurvy-vixen-5%7E.html)

chubbyvixen 06-02-2005 08:08 AM

Hey Lynn...Zoloft was weird for me. It worked at first but then after a while, it made me worse. I think I just got used to it or something. I remember taking it in the morning and being tired by the afternoon. Dinner sounds like a good time to take it. That way by bedtime, you're tired.
I'm still on effexor and loving it. I can honestly say that so far, its been a life saver...and a marriage saver. I don't know where Nic and I would be if I hadn't taken a chance on effexor.

Anyway, Nic and I need to sit down and discuss this k9 school thing.

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde 06-02-2005 10:20 AM

Morning ladies..I just rolled out of bed a few minutes ago. Yeah I know, what a slug lol. But after the previous night with Sidney I was wiped out. She's doing very well today. We did a lot of relaxing yesterday. She decided once we got out and about that she was tired and wanted to come home so I finished up with Paige at her ortho appointment and we came home. The kids laid on the couches and watched movies (it was rainy out anyway) and she took a cat nap or two. I did buy her a face mask for her batting helmet so she'll feel a little more secure if she decides to get up there. We'll just play it by ear once she gets there. I'm not sure I'd want to go up to bat again so soon.
Besides that I've done a lot of nothing the last 2 days. Trying to stick to my diet as best as I can. I'm sure there have been a few slips, not any big enough that i remember them though.

jessicamt 06-02-2005 01:19 PM

Hey Ladies, i am so sorry i havent been posting. The past couple of weeks have been ok. Joe has been leaving every other week for work, so its just me andmy sister and i have been trying to stay busy so i wont have to think about him too much, cause i really start to miss him. as far as the diet goes, it is nonexistant. i have not stuck with it , and i think i have gained about 5 pounds, i wanted to start this week with trying to get back on track. a couple of my freinds are trying to so i am thinking it may help me.

That job i had been interviewing for, well i finally got it and i will start in two weeks. i think this will be a really positive thing. i dont have to be at work till 9 am and then it is only 5 minutes away from my house, so i am thinking i have enough time to workout in the morning and still make it to work without any rush, oh man if i could do that i will be at my goal in no time, i just hope i have the strength to actually do it. my boyfreind has been asking me why i havent been working out lately, but i think here lately i have been soooooo depressed about alot of things that i just feel worth even trying. well its a long story. well i will post more often. sorry for being gone so long.

I am so sorry kim to hear about your daughter, i can see how that could be sooo scary, i hope she is doing good now. you are soo strong.

well i really miss you all. talk to you soon
love
Jessica

goddesskde 06-02-2005 01:45 PM

congrats on the new job.. and hopefully you'll get back on track on the diet soon!
Thanks for well wishes for Sid, she's doing much better today. She has a game at 730 tonight and she really wants to play. We'll see how that goes.

chubbyvixen 06-02-2005 01:51 PM

Jesssssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiicccccccccccaaaa!! Yay Im so glad you're back.
I missed you so much! Good for you on the job by the way! I think that will be a positive thing too. I'm working on getting a job now that my visa is taken care of. I think it would help with my dieting too.
Just get back on track when YOU are ready. Don't worry about gaining some, it happens. Just know that we're all here for you, ok?

Oh, Nic is leaving for k9 school which we thought was 3 weeks but total, it will be 28 DAYS! Jessica, you're going to have to help me out. I haven't been away from him in a year. How do you deal when Joe goes out of town?

I'm so jealous Nic will be able to go to Walmart when he's in Indiana! I miss walmart. I miss America. I miss normalcy. If we would've known about this sooner, I could've gone home. Oh well. I can have a month to concentrate on me.

Ok, dinner time girls. I'm having chicken tenders and steak fries. Hehe...it's only 8 points total. Not bad. I think I'll have some peas too. It sounds like a school cafeteria meal.

I hope you're all having a great day.

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen 06-02-2005 01:53 PM

Kim...did you get your package yet?

goddesskde 06-02-2005 02:15 PM

No, not yet but the mail hasnt run yet today. I'm sure it's just the slow postal system.

chubbyvixen 06-02-2005 02:19 PM

Yea, I mailed my mom something a month ago and its still not there yet...ugh

jessicamt 06-02-2005 03:19 PM

oh man Deanne he is going to be gone a month? thats a long time. but you will be able to have alot of YOU time. its hard and at times i get soooo frustrated but i try to hang out with my sister as much as i can. you should probably find people to hang out with so you can get your mind off of him. causeit will be hard at first. but now when he comes home after the first 3 days im like oh man go back on the road lol , but i truly do miss him sometimes.

yea i cant wait to start this other job. hopefully it is a good thing for me.

goddesskde 06-02-2005 03:29 PM

When my hubby was in the Army 30 days was a short field exercise lol. He'd go out for 3 or 4 weeks, come home stay a day or two and back out for 4 more weeks. He would spend on average 280 days a year in the field. Then he was deployed to Bosnia for 11 1/2 months in '96. I got used to doing things on my own, and you'll adapt as well. I used to tell people I was a single mom, i just wasn't allowed to date lol. I missed him, and was happy when he was home, but I signed on for it and I knew he'd be gone a lot. It's just something you get used to.

ctrsara 06-02-2005 06:05 PM

Hello

:cool: Hello board:
Deanne said I should join you guys. I just found 3FC a day or two ago, just as I was getting recommitted to the weight loss I was on a roll with before my wedding 3 weeks ago. ;) I'm looking forward to meeting you all. I'm from southeast Arizona, and have lived here my whole life except when I went to Utah to finish up my degree in Marriage, Family, and Human Development. I graduated with a BS in that field in December with a minor in Media Arts (one of my passions is video/photo editing) and moved home. I have a job in institutional research at the community college here, and I just married my best friend (we dated for a year, then were apart (physically) two years but kept in touch until we got back together in January). He's amazing, and has never said a negative thing about my weight, but I want to lose for <i>me</i>. I want to be healthy and feel good and fit into clothes without little bulges in all the wrong places. So I'm getting motivated, :ebike: :tread: :strong: and hoping some of this accountability will keep me honest.
(I successfully lost 45 lbs over a year and a half sort of following weight watchers - I went to the meetings, but I was a college student, and healthy eating is not always Fun. :jeno: I gained about 20 of it back over two years, then lost it again over the last 6 months. I'm up a little after that "honeymoon" thing :) but I'm committed now!) I hope to get to know you all. Any that want to introduce themselves briefly (or even un-briefly!) would be welcome, though I know you all know each other... :spin:
TTYL!

goddesskde 06-02-2005 07:15 PM

Hi Sara, I'm Kim, a stay at home mom of 4 girls ages 12, 9, 7 and 4. 3 of them are playing softball right now so I'm an on the go mom! I live in Northern Mississippi although I'm originally from North West Indiana (about 40min out of Chicago). My husband of nearly 14 years is prior military so we moved around a lot until he got out 6 years ago. I do faux painting work, but its pretty sporadic. I'm currently working on two nursery plans. It's fun, but a lot of physical work.. i'm not sure I want to still be climbing 12 ft ladders when I'm 45 lol.. Anyhow, that's the basics on me...

chubbyvixen 06-02-2005 09:37 PM

Ugh...its after 4am...Nic just left for work. I hope I can get back to sleep. There are 4 chicks sitting on their porch being louder than ****. Sorry, Im grouchy. Ill stop :)

Sara...Im glad you joined. These women are awesome. Haha...we talked about going on a cruise together after we all reach our goals. You can come too.

I dont think I can type anymore. When Im tired, I get a cheerleader attitude...its a bit disgusting for me. My husband thinks its adddooorrrabblee. I also dont remember half of what I say.

Ill post tomorrow.

Rah Rah,
Deanne

goddesskde 06-03-2005 09:57 AM

Ok apparently I shouldn't have worried about Sidney batting yesterday. She came out swinging and never backed out of the batters box. She hit an in the park home run!!! They finally got the ball back to second base as she was running across home plate. She played 3rd base instead of catching last night, but she did a good job there. Never moved away from the ball .. actually she jumped in front of a line drive down the 3rd base line. So she proved me wrong.. she told me she was gonna play last night.. no doubt in her mind.
I'm doing just fine, life is good. I have been doing pretty good on my food, little light on the exercise.

ctrsara 06-03-2005 11:40 AM

Happy Friday!

Does anyone else love Fridays? For me they're not as exciting when I'm not working 8 to 5 or going to school, but right now they're fabulous.

Nice to "meet" you Kim, I'm glad your daughter didn't have any trouble jumping back into softball. My little brother had one of his teeth knocked out in a football game last year, and I was amazed that it didn't faze (sp?) him at all... What is "faux painting"?

:dancer: After being good eating-wise for 3 days and exercising for 4, I lost 2 1/2 lbs! I know it won't continue at that speed, but it's always a nice motivation when starting out...