Old 05-31-2005, 09:56 AM   #106  
Curvy Vixen

HEY VIXENS!
I dunno where to start.. I have been MIA.. whewww whatta weekend! I had family stay over and i've been sooo busy entertaining... I'm so tired! Saturday we went to a birthday party for our friends whose twins turned one. I ended up talking to a girl who is an animal lover. We talked for hours. Conversation started when we talked about were we lived and I told her how bad the winters were and that I feed the deer here. She laughed and said omg.. I do tooo! ( I cut up apples and carrots for them)
I certainly enjoyed the weekend and all the eats that go with it. Today is a new day and I'm back on track. Mike has stayed the last few days with us and this afternoon Jim and I are taking them to lunch for his college graduation. I'm going to get a lean and green meal, probably a grilled chicken salad.
Wow karen.. ten pounds.. you go girl.....
everyone sounds good and healthy and on track.. I am so sorry bout kim's dad. I hope that he recovers and that kim isn't too stressed. A big hug for her... ((((((hugging kim))))))
My house is a disaster from the weekend...yikes
love ya all...
post latah...
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:03 AM   #107  

Lets see for snacks I eat cheese sticks, nuts, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, apples, pears, oranges, carrots, celery, radishes( dont laugh I grew them myself lol) and if i'm really jonesing for chocolate I'll eat a carb free no sugar candy bar. I have to be careful with those since they are so high in calories and fat plus if you take in to much sugar alcohols (what they replace sugar with in a lot of sugar free foods) you can get diarreah really bad. In an emergency I'll just usually grab nuts and run out the door. In resturants I just avoid the starchy side dishes and eat more veggies. I dont find it to difficult to eat out at all. Now with fast food, I usually end up with a chicken salad of some sort, but I try to avoid fast food places for the most part. I do feel better having lost some of this weight. At least some of my clothes are fitting better now. Oh I just have to tell you this.. I bought a pair of size 12 jeans at american eagle a few months back. I had them on yesterday while I was working upstairs with the hubby. When i came down to shower and get ready to go out I found out that I can pull these jeans off with out having to unbutton or unzip them. They'll just slide right down LOL!!
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:21 PM   #108  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls...wow, I had a long day. Its 9pm and Im ready for bed. We went out to have a few beers and I still managed to keep my points at 22 for the whole day. I have used 3 flex points so far this week. My weigh in is on Friday but it really should be Thursday. I got back on track on last Thursday rather than Friday.

Anyway, Lynn its nice to see you back! We missed you. Sounds like you had a hectic weekend. Take some relax time, k?

Kim- your diet doesn't seem too bad. I like all of those foods. Also, thats awesome about your jeans! Good for you, girl!

Ok, I guess Im going to go to bed. The heat here is killing me. I love turning the AC on high and curling up under the covers. So, good night girls. I may be back on around 4am my time. Thats when Nic gets up for work.

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:45 PM   #109  
Curvy Vixen

night night deanne...
i'm winding down now... I'm so tired.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:04 PM   #110  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi vixens...

Where is everyone? I see Deanne posted, but no one else has popped in today. Slow news day I guess--or else too busy! :-)

I am feeling more comfortable at my new job. Each day I feel a little more "in" the group and knowing something new. I got an email from a couple old coworkers from my last job, basically both complained about things going on there. It made me so thankful that I had moved on. I am thanking my lucky stars. I think another thing that is helping to think more healthy--is that the few people that I work realy close with at my new job seem to be more health conscious--drinking water and not eating junk food so often. At my last job there was always junk food around and bad influences. Not to say that I don't see some junk food around--but the gal I work close to is thin and seems to eat healthy with lots of salads. It does help to have that influence.

Deanne--As far as the guidelines go for JC, they basically give you a menu and all the food you need to eat besides the veggies and fruit (which most is unlimited to eat). The food consists of 1500 calories a day (the level I am at). And I really like the food much more than I thought I would. I thought it would be something like Lean Cuisine (which isn't too bad). But I actually like a lot of it quite a bit. Tonight I had a beef tip dinner in a gravy sauce with broccoli and rice. It was really good. My daughter actually likes it and tries to get me to give her bites. I have to yell and say "its mine!". Tomorrow for breakfast I have french toast. The menu varies and have special dessert treats included every couple days--like a rasberry cheesecake or double chocolate cake. I really like it--and think even after I lose my weight I will keep ordering JC food to eat regularly. I might be eating more of my own food then--but my point is I definitely like it enough to eat on a regular basis. Good thing, otherwise this plan would not work for me. Basically that is the plan--just eat the JC food and journal on your menu. Plus they give a movation CD to listen to every day. And several other booklets with different resources. And of coarse the one on one consultation each week. It is on the pricey side--some might say. I pay about $90 a week--and that pays for everything (all the food and vitamins). My Mom just about gasped when I told her how much. But I explained I thought it was worth it in the long run if it works for me. I spend that much sometimes on junk/fast food for the family. And I have not been stopping and picking up junk food meals since I started. That makes it worth it. After 10 weeks my food is 20 percent off, and after 20 weeks the food is 20 percent off and then it goes to 30 percent off and finally 35 percent off. So eventually it will be even lower. Anyway, I rationalize the cost is worth it in getting my health in check. I am investing in me for the long run. And whatever works right? I had a friend who lost 100 pounds and kept it off for 2 years by doing a crazy shake diet, and had nothing but gross tasting shakes. I know myself--it has to taste good and be something to follow for a lifetime. This seems to be what works for me more then anything else I have tried. I am still using some of the stuff I learned from WW--like for the meal I planned for my hubbys b-day. I think the two plans combined are perfect. Just my feelings though.

Anyway..I better get going. I have to get to some homework. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. It is beautiful here...I took my dogs for a walk already--a pefect way to get in some exercise and be outside.
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:08 PM   #111  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kim and Lynn... You both posted while I was writing my short novel! Kim--cool about the jeans, I bet you felt great about that! Lynn--sounds like you probably need to recover from your company. But it sounds like you had a great time! Good for you!

Talk to y'all later!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:00 AM   #112  

I had the scare of my life today. Sidney, my 9 year old daughter, got hit by a pitch at her game. The first pitch at that. I got there in time ( I was with my 7 yr olds team filling out a picture form) to see her laying on the ground absolutely covered in blood screaming. Now I can handle stress and emergencies pretty well, but to see that I almost lost it right there. It took everything I had in me to hold it together and stay calm for her. Poor thing was terrified. The pitch had come in high and inside and hit her in the left eye. Tore open a gash in her eye brow and left a lot of bruising in her eye. Her eye socket took the brunt of the blow. We had to do a complete facial xray series to make sure there wasn't any broken bones she was hit so hard. She ended up with 5 stitches, I know it doesnt sound like a lot, but on a 9 year olds face its a big thing, but OMG at the blood on that child. Her arms and legs were covered her face was covered, her coach was covered..he had to carry her off the field and over to the concession stand to get the bleeding under control. He even carried her to my car so we could take her to the ER. She asked if she could still play in Thursdays game after we got to the hospital!! She's medically cleared all she has is a big black eye and some stitches, but she's getting a new batting helmet tomorrow one with a face mask on it. I'm still fighting off the urge to ball my eyes out now.. it's almost midnight and everyone is finally asleep and all i can picture is her laying on the ground covered in her own blood screaming.. it's not something you are ever prepared to see as a parent.
Her team did go on to win that game though.. they said a prayer for Sidney and then got mad and beat the snot out of that team!
Old 06-01-2005, 05:29 AM   #113  
I can and I will do it!

Just read your post Kim about Sidney. I know you were so scared especially with all that blood, I would have freaked out I am afraid. I am so thankful though she didn't have a head injury, it could have been so much worse. I hope she is feeling ok today, bless her heart.Good idea about the helmet. I am jealous size 12....didn't that just feel so good?

Wow Lynn you made me tired just reading all you did on the weekend.

Hi Deanne you are keeping your points in check very proud of you. Where are you this morning?

Karen so glad that you have found the plan that works for you. You are doing so good on it and it will help to have people that you work with that eat healthy. When I worked that was my downfall everybody wanted to go out to eat every day so I followed the crowd and the weight came on.

I really do love my WW and it is slow but steady best thing I have ever been on and I can live with it which is the most important. I just have to kick this habit of waking up about midnight and eating a bowl of cereal. I weighed in tonight and had a loss of 1 1/2 lbs.not much but every little bit helps.
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:52 AM   #114  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls...

Kim- Im so sorry about your daughter. OMG, I know that scared you! Thats so cute that they beat the crap out of the other team.

Karen- JC does sound expensive. I had to explain the same thing to my husband. If it works, it's worth it. I know I tried several things before trying WW and none of them worked. I see it as being worth it in the long run.

Lynn- Where ya at?

Im also wondering where Jessica is. I haven't seen her in a while. I hope shes ok.

I had an apple for breakfast. I just don't get that hungry first thing in the morning. Anyway, I'll post later...

love,
Deanne
Old 06-01-2005, 06:03 AM   #115  
Movin' right along...

Diane...I guess we posted at the same time. I'm glad you like weight watchers so much. I really do too. Its nice to find something that I know that I can stick with for the rest of my life.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #116  

Sidney is ok this morning, but we had a rough night last night. She woke up at 1 am, again at 1:30, 2:15 and at 2:45 saying her stomach hurt. After that I kept getting up to check on her and make sure she was alright so neither of us got a lot of sleep. I'm thinking a nap will be in order for the day. I'm going to call her peditrician just to see if they want to check her out before I have to take her in to get the stitches out in a week. She's holding ice wrapped in a towel on her eye now, there is a lot of swelling going on today. She can barely open that eye. The ER doc said to ice it for 15 minutes 4 times a day to keep the swelling down so we're gonna stick to that for a while.
I think maybe I'll take the kids out to a movie today.. sort of an I'm sorry you got hurt day lol.. Maybe it will make her feel better.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #117  
Movin' right along...

Ok girls...Im exhausted...Ill post tomorrow.

Love,
Deanne
Old 06-01-2005, 09:51 PM   #118  
Curvy Vixen

KIM-OMG! I'm sry about Sidney. That is sooo scarey to see that. I know you must have had your stomach in your throat. Very scarey and anxiety filled to see your child hurt and seeing all the blood didn't help. Yes, keep icing it. I would ice it for a few days. You always feel worse the day after an injury, she will be sore for quite a while. But she is OK and that is the main thing!
I'm sry I've been MIA today. I had alot of things to do today, one searching for a silver hand bag for Heather's Prom on friday, whew... need a sliver bag and well you can't find one! I went to every store till I find something just do able.
I'm off to bed I'm very tired... I'm back up to 50mg of zoloft and it is making me very tired.
Have a great night all... will post more tommorrah....love ya all
Lynn~
Old 06-02-2005, 06:07 AM   #119  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls...

Lynn- do you take your zoloft in the morning or night? Does it make you hungry? It made me ravenous!! Thats one reason I got off of it. My best friend was on it though and she lost weight on it! Ugh.

Ok, I got back on the wagon last Thursday so I weighed in this morning. I lost 4 lbs. Yay! So, I guess I'll keep it up this week. Try to do the same thing this week as I did last week. Im ready to be under 150 lbs.

Im going to eat some breakfast...

Love,
Deanne
Old 06-02-2005, 07:35 AM   #120  
Curvy Vixen

good morning!
DEANNE~ I have taken zoloft in the morning and I tried at night. Each has their good and bad. If I take it at night I feel alil wired before bed and it takes time to fall asleep. If I take it in the morning, I'm ok for hours but then about 3pm I'm shot. I think I have to take it at dinner time. Yes, zoloft makes me hungry and I have gained alot on it ( I'm one of the gainers) But it is the only antidepres that has helped me. I tried getting off of it and it was a disaster. I'm just taking it one day atta time...
I am joining wwers tomorrow with my girl friend. I need the accountablility.
Heather has a md appt today at 9am, then I have to drive her to school. I'm going to walk when I get back.
post latah...