3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   ~curvy Vixen #5~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/58058-%7Ecurvy-vixen-5%7E.html)

chubbyvixen 05-27-2005 01:36 PM

Hey chickas...

Curly- Theres nothin wrong with having long hair in your 40's. I dont think Ill ever cut my hair short. I've done it before and cried my eyes out.

Kim- When I went to get my hair highlighted the other day, they had these new Milkshake Highlights from Loreal. Its 3 different colors to choose from. Its a white, very light pink, and very light peach color. I think I want to get all 3 next time. I love my hair having all this blonde in it again. The dark hair was starting to make me look washed out. Ill do it dark again in the winter though. Oh and that pizza sounds SOOO good!

Lynn- How are ya girl? You're so vibrant and full of life! You seem like such a "diva". I like that you get your hair done and your nails and everything. Us women need to do those things.

Anyway, today has been ok. Got into a fight with the hubby so hes downstairs now. I think hes just tired as ****. So, I have just been hanging out in the room today.

Heres my food...

1 packet reg oatmeal, 1 packet French Toast oatmeal-5 pts
20 steak fries, 6 chicken nuggets-8.5 pts
I have 8.5 pts left for dinner unless I eat a snack.

I wanted to try having my biggest meal for lunch from now on. I feel so full when I go to bed. Ill probably have a small snack before dinner. Then, for dinner, Ill probably have a 5-6 pt lean cuisine.

I have never left my Flex points out for a week. So, I thought I would try for 1 week to try to eat 22 pts per day. No flex points all week. Im just curious how much I could lose. We'll see.

Im going to surf for a little while. Maybe work on my website for a while. Ill be back.

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen 05-27-2005 04:26 PM

So heres something weird...

I bought 2 of the Lean Cuisine Chicken Enchilada Suiza frozen dinners. One of the boxes says its 6 points. The other 2 say 5 points. So weird. I don't know what the deal is. I even calculated the points. They're totally different.

goddesskde 05-27-2005 04:31 PM

They must have revamped the recipe

curlylocks 05-27-2005 08:02 PM

haha 37.00 for a haircut & blow dry and i came home and put my hair in pony tail!

PURPLEPANSY 05-27-2005 10:16 PM

LOL.. a pony tail.. too funny... well what ever is comfy..
deanne~~ thanx for the comment..I feel like a diva... 'most times'.. Yes I think they must have revamped the reciepe, look at the expiration dates.

candlelady4 05-28-2005 05:10 AM

Hello girlfriends been MIA for a few days and have missed visiting with you. :)

I only lost a half a lb. this week at WW :( . They advised me to stop using my flex points so I need to try to do that. I have already used 7 this week.. :o I need to make myself try harder....

Speaking of hair I have dark hair with caramel highlights but yesterday I went and got a cut and highlight and now I have blond highlights. I did this yrs. ago and loved it so decided to do it again. The one good thing is it gives me alot of body to my fine hair. Lynn I get my nails done every 3 wks. too, seems the older I get the more I want to do to look younger. I am not growing older gracefully.

Congrats to all the losers. :cheer:

What is everybody doing this weekend? We have no plans just waiting for Grandaughter to get here, Dr. said any day now.

chubbyvixen 05-28-2005 06:51 AM

Diane...how exciting for you! I know how excited my mom was when my nephew was born. He is her only grandchild...for now :) Speaking of, today is his 9th birthday.

My TOM was supposed to be 2 days ago. I don't know what the deal is. I would rather it just show up so I can get it over with.

A while back, I was taking xenical. I wasnt on a diet or anything. BAD IDEA. Eating fast food while you're on that stuff is not good! So, I still had about $200 worth of it just sitting around. Since Im on Weight Watchers and Im exercising(not as much as i should), I decided to get back on it 2 days ago. I want to see how good it works. Since I've been dieting, I get *ahem* constipated(sorry to gross you out) and the xenical certainly helps with that. Thats actually a good thing though. I was in severe pain everynight. I guess its because when you're dieting you dont eat as much oils as you're body is used to. Don't know.

Anyway, now that I have grossed all of you out with my "rant". Ill post later :)

Love,
Deanne

krngallo 05-28-2005 03:38 PM

Hey gals,

Sorry for being MIA. It's been a crazy week between starting a new job and keeping up with homework for my class. I haven't even had time to read up on all the posts.

My new job is really good...I really like it so far. The people are all so nice, and the work is interesting and diverse. I feel really fortunate to have found it, and for it to be so close to my house (5 minutes to drive). I have been coming home at lunch and eating with my hubby--which is great because he goes to bed in the evenings just as I get home because he has to be on the road in the middle of the night. So this helps give us a little time in the day to talk and hang out. Cool beans.
;)

I went to my Jenny Craig appointment and after a week on the plan I have lost (drum roll please) 10 POUNDS! Can you believe it? That is crazy! I know that won't happen week after week--but wow I am thrilled with that! And this time I finally found something I think I can stick with and let the pounds melt away. Yee-haw! Happy dancing. :cb:

I will be back later...have to finish a paper--darn it! But I am in a GREAT mood, so all is good! No, all is GREAT!

chubbyvixen 05-28-2005 06:35 PM

YAY Karen!! Thats awesome...the job AND the weight loss! 10 lbs??? Incredible. Whats Jenny Craig like? Im glad you're enjoying your new job. I know how it is being on a different schedule than your husband. At least you get to spend lunches together now.

Well, I went to sleep at about 10pm and then woke up at about 1am. Ugh. I dont know what the deal is. Also, I only had 16.5 points before I went to bed. So, I think Ill go grab something small. I dont even know if Ill be able to go to bed again. I rented the first season of ER so I think Ill watch that for a while.

I found a new motivator. Theres a new clothing store that opened up here. The clothes would only look right on a slim person though. I cant wait to be able to wear them!

Love,
Deanne

candlelady4 05-30-2005 04:37 AM

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Way to go Karen, my gosh 10 lbs. that is great!!!

I am glad your job is going so well things are certainly looking up for you girlfriend.

Hi Deane you go girl and get in that new store and buy you some skinny clothes, it won't be long the rate you are going. ;)

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day holiday. I am still waiting on that baby. :D

chubbyvixen 05-30-2005 06:05 AM

Our weekeneds here are Thursday and Friday and sometimes Saturdays depending on the person. I TOTALLY forgot about memorial day weekend. Thats what happens when you're in a parallel universe :)

Diane- Hows WW?

Well, things are lookin up for my husband. He is going to the school for Canine handling. Which means, in June he will have to go to a 3 week school in the States. Im going to stay here of course. The school cost over $4k...which means to anniversary trip. They will give that money back at the end of his contract. Oh well. He'll be making $80k tax free when he gets home! Most of the time, he'll have one day off per week too. Overall, it'll be better for us. Im excited for him.

Anyway, to we went to a bar to celebrate. I have switched to a 2point beer that is on the WW list. I had 3. I ended the day at 23 points. Not bad with the 3 beers. The beer is DISGUSTING but I can get used to it.

Ok chicks...I assume you're all having fun right now with your long weekend. So, I expect all of you back here and in gear soon :) Just kidding...I miss you all though.

Love,
Deanne

chubbyvixen 05-30-2005 03:55 PM

ugh everybodys busy...:)

goddesskde 05-30-2005 10:23 PM

Ok, I'm seriously gonna have to buckle down on what I'm putting in my mouth. I've managed to lose 1lb in 2 weeks. So time to reevaluate what I'm doing that isn't working for me. Probably already know the answer, but I'll do a journal to see it in writing. I've added a few to many "sugar free" products lately. So I'm guessing its the starches in those that are side tracking me. Maybe I should check in with Kim to see when she'll want to go back on phase 1 again....
Speaking of Kim, the last news I have is from a couple of days ago. They moved her dad back to ICU and put in on a Vent. He had to much carbon monoxide in his system and this way they could do some tests on his lungs. I'm not sure as to how things are going today, but the last I heard he was more aware of his surroundings than he had been in a week. I'm hoping she'll get a break soon. With the stress of this illness she's going to crack soon if she doesnt slow down.

krngallo 05-30-2005 11:50 PM

Hi gals!

I hope you all had a great weekend. It is my husbands birthday tomorrow (but we celebrated today since everyone was home)--so I cooked up some bracholi (not broccoli). It's an Italian meat dish that he taught me to make. Basically you take very thin steak (like sandwich steak)--and I found some pretty lean pieces that were 160 calories, 6 grams of fat a piece. Then I mince up fresh garlic and parsley and sprinkle that on piece of meat, roll it up, stick a tooth pick in to hold it together and cook it in some tomato sauce. It is really good, and even better because it isn't too high in calories. Plus I made aspargus--as my husband loves that stuff. I wanted to make him something that he would like--yet wasn't fattening. Although my daughters did make him a french vanilla b-day cake, but that isn't as tempting to me as chocolate and he prefers vanilla. So I allowed myself a very small piece and feel good about that. It's always a good feeling when you feel in control.

The Jenny Craig diet is going well. What I like about it is that I don't have to think too much about what I am going to eat next--as I have a menu and I buy all the food (besides the fruits and veggies). And I actually like the foods a lot. They encourage you to eat their foods during the first half of the weight you have to lose to get in a good rythym with your weight loss. So obviously my b-day meal with my husband wasn't on the JC plan--but I made sure it was a good choice. The way I feel about it--is that I don't have as much problem straying to something that I shouldn't eat because I just follow along on my menu right now. Plus the consultant I visit with once a week at time of my convenience has been very helpful and motivating. I am so determined to make this work this time. I mean really determined. And I know that I have to be ready to do this--and I am trying to do all I can to be in the right mental place and think positive. Know what I mean?

Hey Deanne--the new job for your hubby sounds exciting. Too bad you can't come back home and visit family/friends when he is doing his training. That will probably be weird when he is gone. But sounds like a great opportunity. I bet he will be training with German Shepherds--at least that is usually the typical dog that is used for things like that. Speaking of animals, I almost got a new kitten. I went to flee market with my girls and this lady had 4 little kittens. Two were orange and I was ready to get one, when both of them got bought before I had made my decision. I had this little voice in my head of my husband going "no way!", since he thinks we have enough already. So anyway...my girls were both disappointed and I was a little. But I guess it wasn't meant to be! I am not exactly animal deprived anyway between my 2 dogs and 3 cats. Crazy animal house!

Kim--Despite your frustrations with losing slowly, the good news is that you are losing! I know how frustrating it is though when it seems like the numbers stands still. I keep telling myself I am going to try and stop looking at the numbers so much and think more about how I feel and reflect on what I know I have done right or wrong. It's a daily thing, thats for sure! Thanks for keeping us posted about Kim and her Dad. I can only imagine how hard this has been for her. I hope she gets some kind of relief to ease her stress and worries.

Well, I need to go get ready for bed...back to work for me tomorrow. Hope you all have a happy and healthy week!

chubbyvixen 05-31-2005 06:26 AM

Hey girls...

Kim- At least you realize and know what to do when you need to buckle down. That's an advantage. No biggie. You only have 15 lbs to go..thats awesome! How do you feel? Are you more confident now? Oh I meant to ask you, what sorts of snacks and stuff can you have on the SB diet? What kind of stuff can you fix in an emergency? On WW, I fix little baggies of carrots and cucumbers in advance. Speaking of, I read a post that this woman went to a party and they had "cucumber water", she tried it and loved it. Now, she puts a slice of cucumber in her water. I think I'll try it :) I wish I lived there, we could put a care package together for Kim. It sounds like her dad is doing better now since hes aware of things more.

Karen- Its amazing all of the little things that make you feel better and give you energy. Just making better choices. I know that grocery shopping and only buying healthy foods makes me feel better. Even something as small as journaling my food makes me feel better. I feel like Im accomplishing something. I feel very motivated. Anyway, you sound like you're doing great. Im so proud of you! What are the guidelines with JC? I mean, is there anything you can't eat? Aww...too bad you didnt get a kitty! These cats are so sweet...but crazy. Still no name for the gray one. Nic named the rescue kitty Tweak.

Ok chicks...our anniversary is on Saturday. I have no clue what we're going to do. Probably not much because of the canine school costing so much. I figure we'll just get a hotel room for a night or 2. Im totally ok with that. Room service has the best salads...hehe. Im going to go get something sexy to wear...Im a bit scared though. I havent worn anything very sexy in a while. Oh well. Ill find something.

It's lunch time here in Doha. I'll post later.

Love,
Deanne