Old 04-13-2005, 03:04 PM   #1  
Curvy Vixen

Wink Curvy Vixens #3

Hey vixens! Here is the start of Curvy Vixens #3. Welcome to all the newbies! Don't forget to tell us a little bit about yourselves. The women in this group are all amazing. They will give you a good laugh and hopefully inspire you! Afterall, humor seems to make the weight loss journey a little more bareable

Karen(krngallo) started this group with a quote that I absolutely LOVE:

"This is a brand new group I decided to name CURVY VIXENS. Why? Because we aim to have our curves in the right places--and according the dictionary a Vixen is a female fox! Remember the 80's? A fox is a good thing!"
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 03:07 PM   #2  
Curvy Vixen

hello vixens!
karen we missed you!
To the kim's great job on the walking..
I went on zoloft in 94 when I started having panic attacks and chronic dizziness that doctors couldn't find the cause. My dose was 50mg. I stopped taking it in 99 and went through six months of **** getting off of it.
In 2003 my anxiety came back and I started counceling which lead my therapist to believe I also had a low grade depression that he believes was causing the panic attacks, not the other way around. I started wellbutrin which was a nightmare, then went back to zoloft. My dose was upped to 75mg and I did well, but I gained alot of weight.
Now i'm weaning and I'm down to 25mg. I've been here for almost a month, next week i'm going to 12.5mg for a month then every other day then every third day and then stop.
I feel a little sick today, burning acidy stomach and I feel nauseus. I think all the cr*p I ate yesterday is doing a job on my stomach. I weighed myself this am and I'm 196, urghhh, I know alot of it is water, but c'on....!! I'm back to eating healthy today....
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:03 PM   #3  

Ok, I'm exhausted. I managed to clean up my 4 yr olds bedroom and clean out her closet and drawers then went to paint for my neighbor (i do faux finishing work) So far I've got most of the base coat on (it has a weird ceiling line) so I'll have to drag scaffolding over with me tomorrow. Then starts the fun stuff. I'm doing overlapping boxes of different shades of blues, green and yellow. She wanted something "mod" and this is what she picked. It's gonna be fun to tape lol.
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:11 PM   #4  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls! Yay, a new thread!

Lynn- Wow, your battle with zoloft sounds like mine. What happened with Wellbutrin? My old doctor put me on that. They didnt even ask if I had a history of seizures. So, I read about a month after I started taking it that if you have had seizures, you shouldnt take it. So, I dropped that med and the doctor. So far, motival seems to be working ok. Of course, its only been a few days. I did a search for the brand names that they may have in the states. I think its an older drug but here are some names: Aventyl and Pamelor. Not sure if anyones heard of them.

GoddessKim- Those pictures were great! I love your hair in the first one. The faux painting sounds like so much fun. I love painting stuff. I did some faux painting on a table that I had. I did flat black all over it. Then, did glossed black diamond shapes all over it. It was cute. Is this a regular thing that you do? Its good to have something to keep you busy.

I have been in and out of sleep all day. Nic and I fell asleep at about 2pm for a nap. Then, woke up at 6pm. He didnt go into work and hes been alseep ever since. So have I. Ok, i might post later.

Love y'all,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:37 PM   #5  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Yea Lynn for starting us a new thread
Sorry you are feeling so yucky. Acid tummy and nausea is not a good feeling. Hope you get over that really soon! Well, I have been studying with my son for a few hours. He got his progress report and it wasn't pretty!
Gotta get dinner going.
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:07 PM   #6  

Yes Deanne I do the faux work semi regular. It's seasonal work really. Not many people want to have their houses ripped apart with the weather sucks or over holidays. I've done some work for a couple of local attorneys. It sounds bigger than it was lol, my next door neighbor is the prosecuting attorney so when i did her house I got a boom of business from her friends. I have done furniture but mostly for my daughters or myself. That's just to much to drag heavy furniture around with me lol. I've got plenty of pictures if you're interested in seeing some of it.
My day went well. Stuck to plan and walked first thing this morning. Now if i could just get the kids to listen lol
Old 04-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #7  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

And the new thread is here! Good afternoon Vixens, time for me to leave a word in it again

I didn't take part in forums etc a lot this week; since the past week-end I've been busy with lots of drawing/illustration and this usually translates for me by "doing that fully with little room left for the rest of the world". It's not been great regarding food (two reasons: illustration works + LAN party on Saturday ), as I've fallen even more into an attitude of "cooking is a waste of time, need to eat stuff that I can gulp down quickly while being on the comp", so err... thanks god and everyone else in heavens and on earth for fruits, they help a lot in this and are still better than gobbling down junk food! The only weight loss-related thing that went really well was/is exercise, so everything isn't lost. It's hard to get back on track, though! Sheesh.

How is everyone else doing now? I've followed the former thread, that is, but today is a new day, and a new thread, and I guess it can do with the "latest news" from everyone as well, hehe

Ah, and little sidenote... I've found this website (see link below) while searching about abd exercises, and I thought it looked like great workouts and could be useful to more people than just me, so in case any of you were to be interested....:

http://www.timbomb.net/ab/ab.faq.html

Have a nice day!
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:41 AM   #8  

Hey Vixens, I need help. I cant stop eating. Yesterday i did pretty good. Even for the luncheon we had i stuck to good portions. But as soon as i got home (after working out only 40 minutes) my boyfreind came home and i ate a hamburger and fries. Afterward of course i felt guilty but i just cant seem to resist sometimes. I really need to get the hang of it or i am not going to loose the weight i want to. I am just really mad at myself its like i cant depend on myself to do the right thing. I really need to take control of it. Please ladies if you have any suggestions i could really use it. Well hope to talk to you soon.

Jessica
jessicamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:23 PM   #9  

Instead of eating try going for a walk or maybe just leaving the room while the boyfriend eats. My hubby snacks all the time, i've just learned to live with watching him shovel food into his mouth. Heck he can afford to he's "stick man" lol I can't so now i've decided its really not worth it to eat something bad for me and feel terrible about myself afterward.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:04 PM   #10  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Jessica, have you tried brushing your teeth after you eat? Or having some strong Sugar Free gum or mints? Those three things mess up your taste buds so that nothing is very good tasting. I am dealing with late night munchies. Not really hungry, not full, just want to munch on something. It is hard to deal with, I know. Hang in there.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:55 AM   #11  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls!!

GoddessKim- Yes, send me some pictures!! I wish I could paint our furniture but its provided by my husbands company. Of course, our old housemate spray painted some 4 letter words on his furniture before he left. Hmmm...

Kery- I have that attitude too. Apples are so great when I need to munch on something. I put a few in our room everyday to keep me from lurking around the junk food cabinet.

Jessica- My husband is a junk food addict. I am a former junk food addict. Those just dont go well together. I need to learn some restraint when hes eating those foods.

Kim- Im going to have to try the brushing teeth thing. I can use all of the tips that I can get.

Ok chicks, its 8am here, been up since 4am. I went to bed yesterday at 2pm. Thats 14 hours of sleep!! This medicine better get good in the next week or Im getting off of it. I cant even drive!
Breakfast was good, I had one regular oatmeal packet and one strawberries and cream packet. Thats 5 points total. Not bad. Made some green tea with splenda and stuck it in the fridge. So, I can use that as an appetite suppressant later.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hows the weather where y'all are? Its amazing here as usual. No rain EVER. Our sunflowers are blooming like crazy. Anyway, will post later.

Love,
Deanne
Old 04-15-2005, 01:03 AM   #12  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Well, today has been stressful.....I talked to my mother and she said my dad is not doing well. Apparently the chemo is hitting him harder than we expected. I haven't seen him abou 2 weeks. She said I will be shocked when I see him because he looks so bad. He is only out of bed about 3 hours a day now. He is sick and the doctors are running tests to make sure there is no infection in the colon. That is where the cancer was. My mom sounded worried, and she doesn't get upset very much.

I am making a Blues Clues cake for a lady and it was all I could do NOT to lick the bowl. I ALWAYS LICK THE BOWL!!! Tomorrow I will decorate it......another trial. The icing!!!!!!! UGH! Anyway, I have done good and I am NOT going to blow it!

Well, I am going to hit the sack soon. 5:40 comes early. I HATE MORNINGS!!
Old 04-15-2005, 03:11 AM   #13  
Movin' right along...

Hey Kim...my thoughts and prayers are with you. Im sure that your dad will be just fine. I know this is a very tough time for you. You know if you need anything, we're all here for you

Ok girls, Im not finished with the website but here is the link. The pictures are underneath the link Pictures...pictures2 is not finished yet. http://munozchick.tripod.com/

Love,
Deanne
Old 04-15-2005, 09:08 AM   #14  

Very neat website. I've sent over some pictures of what i do, i only dropped in a few, but it will give you the idea of my stuff. I'm about to go out for my walk with Kim. My day is gonna be packed. I have to go grocery shopping after i get home, then I have to work the rest of the day. I'm guessing I'll be there from around 2 til 7 or later just tapeing the design on the wall. I need to get this done though. I'm one of those people that freak out if I have to take a day off of a project lol.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:13 AM   #15  

Happy Friday!
Hey Deanne, you website is pretty cool. I really like your dark brown hair. My hair is dark brown as well but i have highlights, because my hair is curly. But i kind of wish i didnt have highlights, they are just a pain to have to keep getting it done.
Kim-Im so sorry about your dad, but just pray the best for him, and help him get through it, be strong for him and you family. It seems as though you are already really strong, so proud of you.
o2bskinny-thanks for the support i really need it. Hang in there on the icing. I know if I were making it i dont think i could resist. Blue's Clues cake it sounds so cute.

Well hope everybody has a wonderful day. Lets keep being "losers"

Jessica
jessicamt is offline   Reply With Quote