PIC - Partners in Crime Support Group

You're on Page 98 of 167
Go to
  • Howdy Howdy Howdy!!!
    1-1/2 hours until I go home!!!!!

Curly: I have been meaning to respond to you all day. I am in the same boat. I exercised my butt off for 2 weeks and all I showed for it was .6 loss... Now this week, I am like Jennie..can't find the time to exercise at all. Monday-Open house, Tues-PTA, Wed-M had a friend stay over, THur..Piano and never can fit the exercise in..tonight...which I normally would go to the gym..M has to be at the gym at 5:30 with CUPCAKES!! EVIL EVIL CUPCAKES!! for an open house there and to do a demostration. SO that leaves me with NO time to exercise. I think I loss this week. Plus combine that with my subway night..which I totally blew it.. I think the program is backwards. LOL I will stick with it. I know I have gone down in inches. I found my old jeans. I am in a pair today that I met dh in..and you know what....They are slightly baggy. LOL

Momx3: Yea on the loss!!!! Yippeee for you!!!!!

Petra: Great loss..I need to update our sheet. LOL I think everyone was bummed last week so I didn't do it. LOL

Jennie: Life sometimes does get in the way. I hate that. LOL Don't stress..you will get a rountine once you get settled.

Jackie: Post..we miss you when you don't...We hunt down people who post and then stop..ask Turtle.

Turtle: Is squeak doing better today?? How is life on the beach?

TEB: Take 5 minutes for yourself and do something only for you!!!

Ok..I have to pick M up from school. She went to the farm again today. She loves field trips..and she had to fix her hair very special today because Nikko likes it when she does that... Umm...this love thing..needs to come later in her life. LOL
    Lisa
    Wyoming
  • Lisa - It is ds 14th birthday today so Dh went and bought cake, cookies, ice cream and candy for his party tomorrow. I just have to stay away.

Curly - I hope you are feeling better. I hate having a upset stomach. When will you get to see BF again?

Jennie - You will get back on again. Try not to worry. I hope that the move goes well. I Hate moving. My dad was in the air force so we moved every 3-4 years.

Petra - Poor Buddy. I wonder if something got him jumpy to cause him to go after the other dog. I have always heard that Golden Retriever's are very gentle dogs.

Turtle - How's south beach? How's your kitty? I am so sorry you are going through that with Squeak.

TLB - I hope things lighten up for you soon.

TTYL
  • Happy Weekend everyone! I went to my power yoga this morning even though it was a struggle. We had a teacher I've never had before and I liked the class. Angel-you have problems with your wrists and I have problems with my feet. I have flat feet (I have since childhood, its not weight related) and those warrior poses kill my feet. One of the instructors gave me some modifications which seem to help although it's not perfect.

I have a busy day today too. I have a bunch of errands to run this morning, and this afternoon I'm going to a Christian Music event on the other side of town. It's mostly for youth groups so they have a skate boarding park, rock climbing, etc. but this afternoon Skillet will be playing and tonight Toby Mac for those of you who are into this music. I better get moving so I get to the post office before it closes.
  • Good morning everyone!!!

We were up bright and early today. My ds had a special ceremony at church for 8 am!!! Oh well, at least with going to the early mass today, we can sleep in tommorow. So how is everyone doing this week? Yesterday I was chaparone for ds's class trip to the zoo. We had a great time, but why is it the misbehaved kids never have their mom's volunteer for trips? I swear....these kids eat the worst lunches....One boy ate for lunch...a Mountain dew soda, 7 cookies and a bag of chips!!!! VERY HEALTHY!!! And this is a grade 2 class!!! Often times, my son is the only one who has a pc of fruit to eat. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I clipped on my pedometer yesterday and it tallied 6855 steps. Anyone know how many miles that is? I know a goal is for 10,000 steps a day. Almost made it.

Petra....Great job on the weight loss. I don't know what I was thinking when I was writing my post about Buddy. Yes...I know goldens are gentle loving dogs, sorry I went off on my own tangent. I focused on the charging and little else.....how is he doing now?

Mom.....Good luck with the party. Cake, cookies and icecream....what more could a boy want? Make sure they eat it all or you'll be eating it the rest of the weekend!!! Excellent job on the 4 lb loss!!!

Lisa....Don't give up....Things are just shifting around in your body. Muscle mass getting bigger, inches getting smaller, and all over toning up. Look for the details....are your cheek bones coming out, collar bones getting chiseled....rings getting looser, going up stairs easier? Its a total process, not just a scale thing!!! I bet you have more energy to keep up with M.

Jennie...... Good luck with your son's party and with your move on Monday. Very stressfull.....but glad when its all done. Hang in there!!!

Curly......Good luck with your Leukeimia walk....wow, 5 am!!! and I'm complaining about going to church early!!! haha How long is your walk-a-thon? I would think that would be enough for your workout today. way to go!!!

Hotcup.....How is squeak doing? Is she home from the hospital yet? Give her lots of hugs.

Jackie.....How are you doing? You can't just post one post and then dissappear you know? haha....How's that sweet baby of yours doing? I sure hope she sleeps through the night for you. Momma needs her sleep!!!
  • Good Morning Partners !!

Hope everyone is enjoying the start to their weekend. I am just having a nice before I head off to school.

Things are going well for me, but as you can all tell I am pretty busy. For the next 10 months my schedule is going to be this way, and I am certainly trying to find me time, but unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day...but I am doing what I can.

Petra - hope you enjoy your concert.

Mom - how did the bday party go.. did you manage to stay away from the treats ?!? oh and congrats on the 4 lb loss.. YAHOO !

Lisa - hope your weigh in goes well this morning !

Turtle - how's life treating you back on the beach ?

Jennie - if you find a way to fit in the exercise let me know, that is what I struggle with as well.

Curly - hang in there girl. When you first joined us you had been seesawing and then look what you have lost since... it will come (or I guess it would be better to say it will go )

Angel - hope life is treating you well !

Jackie - sorry, I don't think I officially welcomed you to the group.. WELCOME!

Well that's about it for me.. off to strain the brain for 7 hours

Take care and ttys
  • WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Drum Roll Please!!!!!

I was down 4.2 this week!!!!!
    I am at [COLOR=DarkRed]216![/COLOR] WOW!!!!
    My Halloween goal is still in sight.
    I am so happy..BUT

Were is the justice?? I exercised my buns off for 2 weeks. Got tons of AP points in and I maintain and lose .6... This week NO EXERCISE and I ate Subway once(the scary hairy meatball!) and had McD's last night (well within my points) and I lose 4.2! I know deep down the exercise is what kept me though but it makes you not want to exercise. But I will anyway. LOL I am loving the results. It is almost time to make me one of those success pages.

I have lost the equavilent of M's weight.

Lisa
    Wyoming
  • Checking in (quickly)
    Wow, you all are doing great. Look at that! Lisa, you go gurrrrl. Get ON with your bad self!

I'm getting ready to get ready for work. How's that? Well, you know what I mean. Got up and called to check on Squeak. They're keeping her until at least Monday. They said she's eating for them and is no worse, but not improving like they'd hoped. That cat is breaking me! Good thing I love her so much. But this must be pretty serious.

I'm not doing very well on the beach this time. I don't know what's different this time around, but I'm not losing like the last time. I started over, diligently on Tuesday Phase I. I'm eating the same things and exercising approx. the same amount (which last time wasn't much either), but my weight keeps fluctuating between 227 and 233 (thankfully, closer to the 230). I guess I'll have to switch something up.

I got my Urban Rebounder and I'm not that happy with it. It's larger and sturdier that I anticipated (which is good), but it's put together wrong and the stabilizing bar won't fit (I wasn't going to use that part anyway) but the work out that came with it, although it looks simple and easily doable enough, was too fast for me. I feel too heavy and cumbersome on it. Not that it won't hold me, but I can't explain it. Someone said that they didn't like the work out that came with theirs either and simply made their own up to their own pace and own music. So I'm going to try that a few times before I decide if I'm sending it back

Away game today (Maryland Terrapins) so I don't anticipate a crazy day at the office. Curly, who do you think will win? I think you will STOMP US!
    And today my Friday (Finally!) Pooh came up on Wednesday, because I simply couldn't handle "THINGS" and I called off sick. He went back home yesterday, but he's coming back tonight. As always, we've made plans to be spontaneous . LOL camping or something fun, but like every week, it'll probably get buried in him sleeping too much, me being on the computer too much and getting a late start on each day. Time is running out on the fun summer stuff, as fall is nearly upon us.

Okay, I still need to journal before I shower. I did manage to get a lot done this morning. Good Turtle. I'm GOING to check in from work today and address you each individually, if it KILLS me! I'm sorry I've been away so much.
  • saturday
    BAD girl!! lol didnt go to work today... i know i will be sorry when i have to do my 5 hrs throughout the week next week.. but i have abosultely no work what so ever to do cuz my desk is caught up .. i cant see sittin there for 5 hrs twiddling my thumbs...

Angel: my walk is tonight at 5 lol we carry ballons with lights in them its only 2 miles...

i did go workout tho... and went to Target.. lol bought myself 2 work out outfits they were marked down half price one set the pants are black with a white & a hot pink stripe down the leg... the other pants are gray with a berry color stripe and a white stripe and are capri length . the tops are stretchy and have the same colors.. they have like a cap sleeve on them..

will be nice to have REAL work out clothes... my reward for staying OP since march!

Lisa U go girl!

Tee elle Bee: I wont give up .. that scale has to go down some day!

Momx3: Im feeling better ty..

Turtle: Sounds like u are stuck like me!!! Glad to hear squeak is doing better ... sounds like youre weekend is shaping up! just keep beachin... its got to come off sometime!!! (she says while running to check the scale)

Petra: enjoy your concerts.. i almost didnt go to the dance last night... i am sooo shy.. but i made myself go!

To everyone : enjoy your saturday!
  • Hey Lisa.....I don't want to say it but.....I TOLD YOU SO!!!! Great job on the weight loss!!!! nanana booboo
  • back to target
    hey guess what I have to go back to Target today... both pairs of pants i bought are Wayyyyyyy to big!! and they are XL i want them tight so they will last thru the winter for me... think i better try em on this time... lol

The walk was awesome! we finnished right in the front of the line!! and the 2 miles was like nothing... i could gone on some more!!! I'm so proud of myself!

they gave us a box at the end with chips, a brownie and and chicken sandwich... gave away my chips, brownie, and threw away the bread on my sandwich and just ate the chicken..
  • Angel i think u were looking for this a few days ago:

Converting steps to miles:

6685 = Number of steps divided by
    1900 = Number of steps taken in a mile

3.5 = 3 and ½ Miles walked
  • Good Morning Everybuddie!!!

Today is a beautiful day in Wyoming! Did anyone see the moon last night?? It wsa so kewl... started out as a big orange ball and we were out at sis in laws house in the prairie (no city lights) and it seems so huge!!

Anyway, I reflected on my loss this week. IT really is a 3 week loss. IT is a little under what my average has been each week. I was so glad to see the scale move. I know the exercise paid off but I think what happened other than my body adjusting is when I was exercising like crazy and helping with the fence Labor Day weekend... I don't think I drank enough water, I did eat ok, but should of eaten more fruits and veggies, and I don't think I ate enough overall with the amount of exercise I was getting in.

This is a new week. My plan is to get my butt back to the gym. I might try to go today. M has choir practice this afternoon and I will have a good hour to to get to gym, exercise and get back to the church. (I can probably get a good 45 minute cardio out of it.)I plan on going on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. This week should be slower too with extra activities and I can find "Me" time

Yesterday, I got my water in and stayed OP. We did hit subway last night for dinner and Wendy's for lunch. Wendy's was easier. I got a hamburger with no mayo and no cheese. Then I got a fruit cup. (no fries) Subway last night I only had a 6" cheese steak which is only 7 points versus the meatball with 12. I did get lots of veggies on it. The cheese steak is less calories and points than tuna and some of the other cold meat sandwhiches. Only 1 point more than the turkey and ham. The girls wanted McD's so I got me a fruit and walnuts salad. I didn't eat the walnuts. I enjoyed the fruit. So I did stay OP with the challenges. My bro in law was teasing me last night and said..well I don't want to ruin your diet. I said you are not going to ruin it. I can have subway or McD's..I just have to make the right choices. I got the rest of the holes dug out. We only got up 6 more posts and put up some of the horizonals. Of course the gate didn't fit..URGGGG.. but he thinks the hole for the other gate was too small but I think it will fit between the holes and he should try to put it up..We are on the last run of the fence and have about 16 posts to put in. Neither him or dh were motivated yesterday. LOL The girls and I played on the tramp. I can do a straddle jump and a knee drop..working on my seat drop. LOL Of course we rode the 4 wheeler around and around the property. It was a fun day.

Ok, want input. M's dance studio is starting an adult ballet class. LOL I am really thinking about doing it. As a child I always wanted to take ballet. I have 2 left feet but really do want to try. I asked the teacher yesterday, if I had to earn my tutu like M did. When they start ballet they have to learn the 6 positions to earn their big fluffy pink tutu. DH said it would be worth it to see me in a tutu. I don't have a leotard and not sure I would want to see myself in one. LOL I want to teach myself grace and poise..something I never had. I think it would be great as far as exercise. I am really thinking about it. LOL

Angel: I know..I deserve the I told you so..I knew in my heart I would lose... but dang it..I had when the evil scale messes with your mind. I still think my goal for Halloween can be done!!!

Curly: that is awesome that the pants were too big.. Great feeling isn't it. Congrats on the walk...you go girl!!

TEB: how are you doing?

Momx3: did you survive the bday party?

Petra: How are you doing?

Turtle: Enjoy your weekend. YOu can't be a slave to the scale. You have to think of the posititves. Seriously, I think you should try WW. The points system is so easy. You are not restricted to one type of food. I like the accountabilty of having someone else weigh me. That is the only number I look at all week although I weigh myself a 100 times a day. I use the scale as a tool all week. I think the ideas and support you will get at the meetings will help you too. This journey is never easy but you have people hehind you, helping you and getting you though it.

Hugs and Blessings,
    Lisa
    Wyoming
  • Morning!!

Lisa......I think you should go ahead and try the adult ballet class. Why not? If its something you've always wanted to do, what's holding you back? I would have NO REGRETS!!! and to quote a famous company...."JUST DO IT"
    You know....M would just love having you take it....then you could have your pictures taken together in your tutu's. Adorable!! Good job on making better food choices. Its always tuff when eating fast food, but you did it!!

I've learned from taking a iso-ball class, that you should always be pulling your belly button to your back spine area. Its amazing how that little move affects your posture, re-alligns your shoulders back and every thing just stands taller.

curly.......YOU GO GIRL...YOU GO GIRL....Go back to Target...run don't walk and return those BIG CLOTHES!!! On sale? and a smaller size?....AWESOME!!
    And when the girl asks you why....stand tall and SHOUT IT OUT...BECAUSE THEY ARE WAY TOO BIG FOR ME!!!! Thanks for the step/mile formula.

Well, I'm going to try to head out for a walk now. It'll only be the third time so far this morning, in 1 hour. I get as far as the end of the street and then it really starts to rain. I'll never get my steps in today.... haha, well maybe if I keep doing that 100 times or so. ggrrrrr darn rain!!!
  • sunday
    Lisa... i say life is too short... to have regrets .. GO FOR IT!

haha i went to Target>> the girl says y are u bringin em back>>> i say TOOOOOOOOO BIG! its the way they are made tho they are soft cotton and real stretchy... I had to go all the way down to a medium, but could only find 1 pair!

I saw that wild moon last night... now imagine it with @ 500 people milling around with blinking ballons! it was really neat!

me & chai walked down over the bridge that goes across to an island here... and got in @ 3 mile walk this morning at 6 was really neat saw a bunch of otters playin in the water..

really need to get disiplined and do that every morning to kick start my metabolism.. Plus it would be good for him also ... wear him out sohe doesnt get so bored wheni am at work...
  • I tried WW, several times. It's WAY too expensive and I HATED the meetings. I can't be disciplined enough when I can eat anything I want. It didn't work for me. And just to be sure, I've tried it more than once. I have support here and at TOPS (if I ever go back). I know it works for some, my sister, for example. But it's not for me.