PIC - Partners in Crime Support Group

You're on Page 97 of 167
Go to
  • anyone have a step machine? and if so do u like it? I saw a Tunturi brand stepper at the thrift shop for 30$ i know thats a really good brand..
  • I'm new here I hope you don't mind I join in with you.....

name: Jackie
    sex: female
    marital status: married
    highest weight: 250Lbs
    current weight (last weigh in): 215Lbs
    goal weight: 150Lbs
    current clothing size: 15
    goal clothing size: 9
    kids: a one month old baby girl, Lillith
    pets: shark fish, hank
    diet: none
  • Hi Jackie . Of course you are welcome here. Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. Are you going to be starting a diet soon or are you nursing?
  • Sorry I haven't been around much this week. I am having the week from ****. Between just getting back from vacation and several other people being out that I have to cover for I have been doing nothing but working, sleeping, and eating (and not much eating). Kobe kept me up almost all night on Tuesday for some unknown reason. I thought I was going to kill him before the night was over. Buddy got his new collar yesterday and he had to get a shock to see what the consequences would be if he tried to escape again. It was not a pretty sight. They also gave me some training tips. I have been doing a good job staying OP so I should have a loss to report this week.

Welcome Jackie. Jump right in. Everyone is friendly here.
  • First of all, WELCOME JACKIE!!!! Your baby is so cute! I love babies as long as they are someone elses. What a beautiful name.

I am so stupid. Last night I was planning on making my WW pizza. Dh talked me into stopping at Subway. Found out last night he really doesn't like my pizza. I KNOW what I should eat at Subway but really didn't want it...so I picked a very wrong thing on the menu and proceeded to eat a 12 inch sub..WHy do I do that to myself. URGGGG! Next time, I am picking better. I groaned when I found out the points. I have flex points but rarely use them but did last night. Exercise has not been my friend this week. I haven't had time to get it in. I have been working on my pedometer and getting enough steps in each day so I can't say my exercise is at zero. Water has been my friend. LOL SO I am sure I am getting AP's going to the potty every 20 minutes. LOL So far my scale shows a loss..... amazes me because when I exercise 4 to 5 times a week, I don't show a loss. I am just keeping on ...keeping on and I know the exercise will catch up with me.

Momx3: I love the ellipitical. I am planning on going to the gym tomorrow night. Thursday's are too hard for me to try to go. I will do Richard tonight. I need to do Richard.

Curly: I have a stair stepper at home. Not sure what the brand is. I like it but hurts my knees so I use it only when I have to. I can't do the ones at the gym..they kill me and if I am there the ellipitical is so much more kinder on my body. I have several pieces of exercise equipment in my garage and storage room. I really need to dig them out for winter.

Jennie: Happy bday to your son!!! M decided she wanted a gymnastic party again. I don't mind paying the money to have someone else host it but she is going to be limited to 8 guests this year. I am not paying for another coach. I proably will invite the girls in her class only plus the neighbor boy and another boy in her class that I know the parents. I hate doing that but last year I paid for 16 kids and it got too expensive. She has 4 cousins... so I haven't decided if I am going to do a small family party too or invite the girls and leave the boys out since my stepdaughter is not talking to us. HEck I don't know what to do and probably will invite them all. LOL I hate kids bday parties. LOL We have done the gym party, McD's party, swim party and of course an at home party.

Angel: How are you doing today?

Petra, Turtle, TEB...where are you??????????? Come out, come out!!!

L2L: We are sending out the search party..POST GIRL!!!!

Lisa
    Wyoming
  • Hey Gals, Well I wanted to walk to work again today but my dad drove by and offered my son and my self a ride because he was going to rent a uhaul truck so I ended up droping him off and driving his car. tonight is soccer for my son maybe I can get some walking in before that. My favorite teacher at the gym is going to start teaching kickboxing again so I'm excited but, its the nights I work late. Hopefully it will go well and she will keep teaching.
    Mom, yeah!!! I love that towel test. I can't wait until the towels at the gym fit me. Hahhh, you probablly have to be like a size 2 for those to fit, they are so small but maybe someday.

Jackie, welcome, what a pretty baby. I miss my son being a baby, it goes by so fast.

Petra, I hope your week gets better and you have a nice weekend, nothing like a busy week to mess things up.

Curly, I dont' use the stepper but $30 sounds like a good deal.

TEB, java, Angel, everyone else, have a good one.

Lisa, birthday invite list are such a conundrum. I want to invite his class and I'm sure they won't all come but what if they do ahhh...so I'll stick to the neighborhood kids that I can count on.

Have a good day everyone.
    Jennie
  • Hello
    Sorry I've been MIA. Squeak got awfully sick again and I broke down. I get so overwhelmed with life in general sometimes that I just go into "Shut down" mode. But this time I actually swallowed my pride, sucked it up and I called Jay and told him I simply NEEDED him to help me. He drove up and of course, to make a liar out of me, Squeak perked up when she heard her "Daddy." I mean by no means, was she better, but she actually moved her head. He called the vet for me and made an appointment for today. He was very comforting and made me feel so much better with him just being here. He held me and listened to me,we watched TV. The appointment this morning went okay. But she's in bad shape and they're going to keep her in their "Hospital" for two, three or more days to try to get her fixed up completely. There's NO ONE there during the night, so I wouldn't exactly call that a hospital. But if they can make her better and make her STAY better, I guess it'll be worth it. I've spent $500.00 already and I'd hate to put a young cat to sleep, simply to save money. Doesn't seem right.

I started back on South Beach Tuesday morning and it's going well. I ate too little yesterday, of all things. I got my "Urban Rebounder" and I think I'll be able to do the work out. But I need to try it first, before I decide if I'm going to keep it. I put it together and since I was running late and short on time, I took the DVD to work and watched it there to see if it was "doable." It looks like I'll be able to.

Peace and great luck to all who post here. I'll try to check in later. Dang, my head hurts.
  • Hi everyone!!!

Hi Jackie....WELCOME!!! Your baby is adorable, what a cutie paa-tootie! It took me a minute to figure out where her picture was though. hehe How are you doing with being a mom? What plan are you on? Whatever it is, if you are nursing her....be sure to eat those extra calories for your breastmilk.

Mom.....woohoo on the whole towel event!!! Gotta love those success moments!!

Petra.....Poor Buddy, but I guess he'll learn not to ram the barrier. I would have been a little freaked out if he came charging me and my dog. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs but once you've been pinned to a wall with a snarling german shepherd....you tend to have certain issues with dogs. Sorry you've had a bad week, its always that way after holidays.

HotCup......Poor Squeak. This little hospital visit is just what she needs to get back her health. That infection has been going on for too long. Glad to hear that Jay was there for you.

Curly......Can't say how funny that commercial was. I saw it too for the first time the other night while watching 'biggest loser'. I wondered what they could be selling (advertising)....duh!!

Lisa.....Don't worry about the sub. You ate it, it tasted good and you had the flex pts to cover it. Funny thing about subway is I've never tried any of their subs. I always have the same thing....a ham deli bun with veggies and their no fat sweet onion dressing. Nice and simple......dh swears by them though.

TOM is definitely overstaying his welcome. I have so many crampy feelings and what do you think the teachers at the gym are concentrating on? ABS!!!! GGGRRRRR..... I am certainly trying but OMG.....I better have abs of steel after this!!!! Dh comes home tonight (yeah) its only been 2 days, but 2 LONG days AND NIGHTS!!!
  • Hi Gang - just a quick check in from me to let you know I am still kicking. It is 5:08 and I'm still at work.. I am suppose to leave by 4:00 to head home to study... guess I will be staying up a bit later tonight

Anyhooo.. just wanted to say hi to you all and hope that you are all doing well.

TTYS
    ~ TLB
  • Howdy PIC,
    I know I posted from work yesterday but my post never showed up.

I wanted to post a post from a Yahoo group of WW. This lady has lost 80lbs.I like her attitude and her advice. THought I would share.

When I don't wanna, sometimes I make myself. I set my plan for the day, food, exercise, what time I'm going to do it, and I just do it. Sometimes I go out looking for new recipes so I can have something new that I like, or I make a list of the things that motivate me, or go try something on that I didn't used to be able to wear, or I go do something that I didn't used to be able to do, that sort of thing. I try to find myself a good reason to stay motivated. You can do it.

You don't have to be perfect. Just keep going. Each day make a little change, whether it be drinking your water (even if it's only one cup more than the day before), eating more fruits and veggies, doing 10 minutes more exercise or whatever. Each time you do something a little better than you did the day before, you will be even more proud of yoruself. It doesnt have to be anything big, just something better. You can do it, even when you aren't perfect.

TEB: Find some time for you girl!!!! You have been working much too hard.

Angel: Great for you going to the gym with TOM visiting. When I used to have TOM, I would be in bed for days.. can't imagine going to the gym. LOL I will get back there next week. THis week a little too crazy even for me to find time.

Turtle: Sorry about Squeak. Glad Jay was there to help you. Sending healing prayers to Squeak. I have 2 kitties and when Miss K was a kitten she was horribly sick a few days after rescuing her from the pound. We spent far to much but even then she was part of our family. She loves M and has always slept with her even in the crib. M treats her horribly, she has always picked her up...upside down... Miss K loves it.. I have some awesome pictures of her in M's baby stroller all dressed up.. That poor kitty..M and her are the same age. Poor kitty has no digenty. My male cat is the king of the house. He is a big ball of fur. When M messed with him he would bat at her..and she would say.. Mommy the kitty hit me. LOL She had to learn very quickly...you don't mess with THE cat. He avoids M but always sleeps on my right side everynight.... he knows not to sleep on dh's side.. We swear he talks to us all the time and says mom. M wants a dog..but I don't think Miss K will let her have one....so we are going for a hamster.(they have one at school and M loves it...and it name is Bronco...but she thought it was football..which we are going to name hers that. LOL) We will have to teach M to keep the cage closed because Miss K is a hunter and nothing moves in my yard without her catching it. Birds, mice, ground squirrels...are her prey..... and she loves to leave them on the front porch..YUCK!!!!

Jennie: they do grow up too fast. I was thinking the other day.... where is my little floppy baby??? M has grown so much. I am enjoying my life with her. I thank Him everyday for bringing her into my life and letting me be M's mommy. I am dreading the tween, teen and young adult years. Maybe I can just lock her up and let her be my sweet baby forever. When she turned 5, I told her she couldn't get any older. I love this age. The sweet innocence and the new found independence. She did decide on the gym party... but I probably will have to invite 16 kids..urgggg... but I have decided 2 hours of gym is worth no party bags...I may do a pineta instead and fill it lightly. That stuff cost as much as the party... There is 6 other girls in her class and I will invite all the girls... plus she has cousins and other friends but I can't settle on just 8.

Petra: I hope work slows down for you too. It is hard when it is "crazy" at work. LOL no pun intended. LOL

Ok.. well..I need to fill up my water glass and get my day started. M is going to the farm with school. She is excited for her first real field trip. She has worried all week that I didn't pay for her. Did it the first day. LOL Everyone have a great day.

Lisa
    Wyoming
  • fustrated
    can u say F-U-ST-R-AT-E-D???? thats me! before i start my whine... welcome to the group Jackie!

turtle... i hope squeak is feeling better... and getting stronger!

ok time for me to whine... i am sooooo fustrated... today makes an entire month that i have see sawed back and forth.. I have watched everything that goes into my mouth, and actually ive cut back... and exercised more and i look at the scale today and it says 248 WTH??????? im going backwards!

my stomach looks tighter to me so ... who knows lmao ive weighed myself in every room of the house..

i had gone back on my birth control and then didnt go back on it after the 1st month so maybe thats got my metabolism screwed up ... i hate to take it at 44 .. there are so many bad side effects..at this age especially when DBF is in another state..

looking at my cycles it looks like i went back down in pounds after TOM... so maybe thats it ... he should be here any day... BUT GEEEEEEZ its depressing to do all this work and not see that scale move!!!

BUT I WILL NOT GIVE UP! ok thank u for listening to my rant for the day...
  • TGIF everyone!!! I can't tell you how happy I am that it is finally Friday although I still have a long day ahead of me.

Curly-you may be gaining muscle from all your working out so don't get too hung up on the scale. Have you measured yourself lately?

Turtle-sorry to hear the baby is sick again. I hate it when they are sick. Hope she gets all better this time.

Angel-Buddy is a Golden Retriever. If you've never met one of these dogs, they are well known for their friendly, docile personalities. I didn't see what happened with the other dog but it is hard to imagine him "attacking" another dog although I did see the very small cut on the other dog's nose. Buddy is actually very sweet and gentle. When he meets people he usually lays down on the floor so they can rub his belly. (also a sign of submission). This is NOT an aggressive dog. Neither or my dog's are aggressive. At any rate, it is still my responsibility to keep my dog's on my property and I have done my part where that is concerned.

Lisa-thanks for all the motivation. I think we can all use it about now.

I am happy to report a 2 lb loss this week. That makes a total of 5 for the challenge.
  • Hi Everyone, TGIF!!! I am so glad its friday but my weeekend is so packed as well. I'm almost tempted to take a 1/2 day to go and get stuff for Blaise's party tomorrow. We have this area in Pittsburgh called the strip whichis like old school wholesale food distibuters that are open to the public. The food is fresh and cheap but its only open until 5 I need to get there on my lunch break maybe so that I can buy everything I need and not spend a fortune.
    Still no excersise this week. what is wrong with me, I just can't figure out a way to fit it in. I know I would be in a much better mood if I could fit it in. Moving day is monday so, maybe once I am at my sisters house I can figure out a routine and set up my step aerobics or somthing.
    allright, off to the daily grind!
    Have a great friday everyone
    Jennie
  • i agree TGIF.. even tho i have to work @ 5 hrs tomorrow.. tonite i have to go help out at a dance to raise money for the alzhemiers walk... tomorrow at 5 i have my Leukemia walk.. and somewhere in the middle or start of that i will go work out! lol

and throw in i am having a bad tummy, and running back & forth to the ladies room, had a swig of pepto for my lunch and cheese stick... hopefully one of them will help!

haha TMI i know.. and i am so brain washed .. as i am making those 6 or 7 trips i am thinking well that should bring me down @ 2lbs ROFLMAO!

And my BF is still down working on Katrina.... and i havent heard from him
  • It was my weigh in this morning. I have lost 4 pounds. That puts me down 8 lbs for the challenge.

I am at work so I will try to post personals tonight. It is my ds 14th Birthday so I may be busy.