Old 05-08-2005, 06:47 PM   #61  

hey!

Just a quick one....more later if I have time...but tried a Diet Coke with splenda today....at first I thought...yum, sweet like the real thing, but by the time I finished it, it was too much! Anyone else try it?
Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 10:35 PM   #62  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, we sure are a quiet bunch these days. I went to Reno this weekend and had a nice time. I didn't overeat by too much and I used the hotels health club to exercise. So the weekend wasn't too bad. Food choices today weren't overly nutritious, but heck, it's only mother's day once a year. Eeek, with that as an attitude I'll be in trouble before long. Yesterday was DH and my 22nd anniversary and that only comes once a year, soooo... Just kidding. I wasn't too bad. Today's calories topped out at 1950 but it sure could have been worse. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and getting back to 1500 calories.

Talk to you all later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #63  

Okay, I have some time now……do not ask me what I do with my time, my gosh I am single and live with the 3 kitty babies, I have little to do! But the weekend flew by….sent out with a girl friend after work on Friday…she was feeling depressed so we went and a drink…no problem, on drink right….well it was the free homemade potato chips that did a number on me and I ended up feeling sick all night…..WHEN WILL I LEARN!!!!!

Didn’t see my boyfriend that night because I wasn’t feeling well, so on Sat I got up early and ran errands and picked up the house. Went out on Sat night, but did not over indulge. Today I did a few more errands, actually went to look for some cheap capris for my trip to Europe in a month…..not much luck there, not happy with the fit anywhere so ended up buying some at Target in a size I am not happy about, but I will keep the tags on until
I am ready to go. Then I mowed and pruned some bushes and did laundry….how is that for excitement!!! LOL

Well over all my eating has been okay….could be worse, could be better…..have weighed myself for a few days…..thought I would give myself a break for it and just concentrate on eating healthy and exercising!

Oh and on my trip to Target, I did buy and come home and cut up strawberries, watermelon and broccoli…so no excuses!!!!!

Later everyone!
Lilybutt
Old 05-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #64  

Good Morning! I weighed in this morning and was dow 2 pounds. It's always a great feeling to get on that scale and see it move in the right direction. I think coming to this site has been a good influence on me. It's keeping me motivated.
Roxymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #65  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

WAY TO GO!!! I also just had too much curiosity and jumped on the scale this morning and i was down 4 woooooo hooooo!!!!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #66  

Default Don't give up!

GOOD JOB! to all you who are losing.

To those who have had a setback this weekend: just remember, one gigantic fattening meal might set you back a day or two but it is not going to make you gain all the weight you've lost. Make up your mind you are going to enjoy that cookie or chinese food or whatever, then just get right back into it. Everyone deserves a treat.

I am still struggling with terrible depression and I didn't make it to the gym, or really even out of the house, last week at all. I am crying all the time and that makes my daughter sad, then angry, then she acts out. Things have been hard.

All the same, I can say 2 good things: I am still working full time as a telecommuter which is fortunate because I would never make it in the office at this point. And I am still dieting. I have slim fast for lunch most days because it is easy and it's yummy. I splurged and ordered pizza saturday night and I savored every single bite I took. But I went right back on the diet Sunday and I've lost 3.5 pounds since the last time I checked in.

I got down to 190 lbs 2 years ago and then my motivation just went away and I started eating again. So I am happy to say that I have broken that barrier by 3 pounds now and I am still going.

I am going to try to go to the gym tonight.

Last edited by InvisibleGirl; 05-09-2005 at 04:08 PM.
InvisibleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #67  
Staying in 1derland!

Hey IG .. pat ur self on the back! u are doing a great job! I had a round of depression a few yrs back and thats when i gained all my weight back... so u are doing much better than i did...

i know my mood and my emotions have been better controlled now that the dr found out i was having a problem with my blood sugar levels and the way my body was fighting to keep my blood sugar down.. all my labs said my blood sugar was normal but the problem was that my body was over working its self to keep them down..

and the dr put me on a diabetes drug tho i do not have diabetes. "metformin" they have discovered that it helps u to regulate ur blood sugar and if u are over weight mostly in the center of your body it is becuz u have sugar processing issues..

anyways after all that .. after the sugar swings were under control my mental health has improved greatly...

anyways i hope u are feeling better soon... hugs

P>S> did u guys see my mug on page 4? hahaha
Old 05-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #68  
Kasee

Default Hi there

WooHoo and Way to go to all of us!!!!
Doing the happy dance to all those lbs going bu-bye
CL: good for you, if you can attend a wedding and lose weight!
Way to go, girl. AWESOME.
IG: Thanks for the inspiration. I agree we have to be able to treat ourselves and not feel guilty about it. Just enjoy whatever the meal is, and then right back on the diet the next day.
My sweetie really misses our "Chinese Food Dinners."
I wouldn't stop him from having it, but I think he misses sharing these kinds of things with me.
So, I am thinking, his birthday is next week and I am going to give the diet a break.
Does that sound weird?
Just going to enjoy whatever he wants to have for dinner, have a toast to him, relax and enjoy "HIS" day.
(And then get right back on the wagon.)
Also IG, it disturbs me that you are so sad.
You sound like you have lots to celebrate and be happy about.
Don't dwell on the negative, smile and think about all the positives.
You have made the decision to lose weight, good for you!
You are heading in the right direction, that's a great thing!
I used to do slim-fast and was starving.
(My thoughts are there is too much sugar in it. Sugar makes me crave sugar.)
I would much rather have food, real food.
When I cook, I cook in batches, so I have some for lunch the next day or some to put in the freezer.
I do not deprive myself and feel satisfied, so I am not compelled to cheat.
I am feeling so much better after giving up sugar more than a month ago.
It's toxic, just my opinion, never judging.
Feel better, hon.
Have a wonderful day, Ladies.
K
Kasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #69  

Going along well, hit a wall yesterday, probably the day after Mother's Day did me in, always have trouble after a big event. Anyway back on track and have to work on the water some more.

CL - Finally saw your response to meeting more people in person. Hope that goes well. Clever girl taking the picture in the mirror, makes a nice frame.

Read some reviews of Body for Life for Women, it didn't sound like it was worthwhile, that I could adjust the one I have already to account for my own issues, maybe I will wait to see it in the bookstores to check it out. I just like the lifting program but find the food hard to follow and have a work life.

I came across my old journal, where I record my weight and measurements and flipped to 15 years ago and saw I weighed 126 pounds. What inspiration that was. And how far I have to go. Wah!!

LILLYBUTT - Haven't seen the Coke with splenda, seen Coke with everything else though. LOL.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:55 PM   #70  
Staying in 1derland!

I have to agree its the sugar.. and what im finding out is that its not only foods that u can see the sugar in..(on the label) its also foods (bad carbs) that the body turns into sgar and straight into fat..

I just bought a book called good carbs bad carbs it says to stay away from anything with "fructose" in it they say that is the worst thing or worst sugar u can possible have ... it goes directly to fat on ur body becuz it is absorbed by your liver...

no white flours etc... and i really do believe it.. becuz ive been trying to cut the bad carbs out and the sugar and there are weeks when i just know i didnt lose weight cuz ive eaten 3 good big meals and i will weigh in and find ive lost 4 lbs that week..

slim fast makes me gain weight ! lol
Old 05-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #71  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, congrats to all the losers out there. I'm a tad jealous since the scale won't budge, but it eventually will. I gave it to DH and had him hide it for a month. I was becoming too obsessed by weighing daily.

Today was one of those that nothing satisfies the appetite. One of those days where you just want to munch your way throught the kitchen. But I didn't. I stayed on plan since I knew from a lot of past experience that I'd never be satisfied today. So the scale might not budge but my bad habits are starting to break. Pretty cool.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:43 PM   #72  

Ahhhhhhh yes, I totally understand the scale obsession! I finally decided not to weigh for a few days.....I find the results of my weigh in can rule my mood for the day...so if it is up or even stays the same I find that I get discouraged and it is easier to not stay on the program!

Doing well thought so far this week, only two days I know but it is 2 days of good! I started taking One A Day Weight Smart. I take a multi vitamin every day and needed more, so I thought I would try it.....I read on the Buyer Beware forum that it upset some people's stomach.....no problem here and I have found that I feel slightly more energetic....and I have cut back on the diet pop....so less caffeine, but then it could all be in my head....but so what if it works! A multi vitamin is just a multi vitamin IMHO.

Well didn't exercise today, went and got my nails done instead! LOL I find that exercise everyday aggravates my knees...so I am trying every other day walking and doing the hand weights for upper body on the other days....speaking of.....I need to get to that!
Later
Lilybutt
Old 05-11-2005, 10:54 AM   #73  

I am just feeling like crap today, but need to finish off another meeting at 1 and may as well stick around until 3 to pick up DD and go home.

We did get lots done yesterday, though the food could have been better. Drinking a lot of water today to try to make up for bad food choices yesterday.

LC - You aren't the only person I have heard talk about Slim Fast that way, it is really high in carbs and not recommended at all for losing weight if you have sugar issues.

MARIE - What great insight into your new behavior, knowing when to stop is a great skill.

LILLYBUT - Nothing like fresh polish on the nails to keep you on track. I walk to my nail salon, so I count it as part of my workout. LOL.

I know that part of my problem this week is that I am off to an all day seminar on Friday and I just don't want to do it, because my director and department are both going and they all want to sit together, me I want to meet people and network and shop during lunch.

Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #74  
Kasee

Hi all.
Don't know why, but I'm feeling like crap today also.
Totally lacking energy and inspiration.
Not eating anything off the plan, sticking to that pretty good.
My monthlys are all screwed up and I think it really takes a toll on me.
Don't know what to do about that.
CL- There are so many foods that contain sugar, have sugar in them or turn
to sugar in the bloodstream. I am learning more and more everyday. It's fascinating and sometimes a little scary.
Certain oils we cook with, peanut oil is the best, I have found out.
Certain veggies and fruit are bad for us.
I tried making "turnip fries" yesterday for the first time. Awesome!
It's amazing to find alternatives to these bad foods.
I like searching for recipes and getting creative. Keeps things interesting.
Have a wonderful day ladies, keep up the good work,
K
Kasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:54 PM   #75  
Staying in 1derland!

ooo I LOVE turnips!!! did u bake them? that sounds yummy! yes ive just started reading my book but i will try to post some of the info so we can all share it... they have lists of good and bad ... #1 bad bread was english muffins... and the best was pumpernickle

Tho i dont miss the bread at all on my sandwiches... i actually prefer the wraps now..

but i do have to say ... i really enjoyed that roll at the wedding! lmao