Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #91  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi ... re the SAT ... How long does it last? I don't know when to pick DS up.

don't leave til you tell me.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #92  
loves kleenex box art

Where ISISISI Sugar? Did her mousie eat her up?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:45 PM   #93  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

SAT's!!!! we don't have those---we have provincial exams and then we have the Advanced Placement exams----i wonder why you have them and we don't?? i know that the kids who go to american schools have to go to the states and write the SATs---so you say that ds is writing tomorrow---does he write in grade twelve too or just grade eleven????EXPLAINEZ-VOUS!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #94  
loves kleenex box art

You are SO CUTE when you yell in French!!! Do it more.

DS and Kiwiette are both writing the SATs tomorrow. They do it in grade 11 (see .. I am speaking Canadian) not in grade 12 unless they want to keep redoing some of it for a better result. Not every school has Advanced Placement. DS's does not. I do not think Kiwiette's does. You have an uppity-froo-froo school.

The test starts at 8:00. I want Kiwi to tell me when it ends so I'll know when to pick him up.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #95  
fatter than U

Unhappy Grrr!

Too cranky to post. Major decluttering and family annoyance today. Will try again tomorrow.

Mouse count:4. Risk of disease: Low - they are all locked in the furnace room. The only poop is in there. I should send some to Oprah for her opinion. Who in their right minds would give up chocolate?

We wrote SATs AND provincial exams. But that was about 100 years ago, so what do I know?

Get well soon, Wabby! Get real drunk, Kiwi!

Hi Peachie and Bagzie and Painty!

I'm so lame. And fat. And boring. Bleh.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:53 AM   #96  
Most boring housewife.

OOOOh, Cookie, you must be in a panic about DS3. T-G for early intervention. What’s the tremor all about? Is it related? There is nothing worse than health problems with our kids.
Have fun Kiwi~ the SAT lasts until about 12:30; at least the old one did.
I’m so depressed; yet, I am a bottle of sunshine next to my dd. We went to NYU and were told the same thing we were told at Penn except by a dr that was WONDERFUL. He sat with DD for 1 ½ hours explaining everything. I was astounded. His office was packed and he didn’t seem hurried or rushed at all. He was so tactful about telling her her options(or lack thereof) then he talked, answered every question and even bs’d a little to relax her.
No matter she is devastated. She needs 2 surgeries and must have radiation due to the aggressiveness of the tumor and the fact that it will come back no matter what and it will destroy her bone no matter what. There is no option, he says. He said that usually the type of tumor she has results in amputation because it is so rare and it mimics a type of tumor that is less aggressive. The upshot is: she can’t go to school in the fall. She has to wait until January. She MUST have radiation; he says there is no other option.
The worst part is that her friends are so wrapped up in graduation etc that they have abandoned her.
Do you remember that she was May Queen?
She has the prom on Friday but she doesn’t want to go. I’m worried about her in about 15 different ways. She’s really, really, really depressed. She came home from school yesterday at noon in tears.
She was originally going to have her surgery on the 17th because she is exempt from finals so she is finished with HS on Friday, but if she does she will miss her AP exams. That means she will miss her first semester and her exams, it comes out to about one more year undergraduate.
Now I’m wondering what is most important; the exams or getting her finished with this as quickly as possible. Ach.
Somebody do something.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:45 AM   #97  
fatter than U

Unhappy Oh dear

Oh my god, Lushy - that's awful. I'm so sorry. Your poor, sweet dd. At least you have a decent doctor on your side but that doesn't change the prognosis much. Am I understanding this right?: if she has the radiation, it will keep the tumor at bay and avoid amputation, or is that inevitable? Man, I wish we could do something.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #98  
Most boring housewife.

Thanks for your good wishes, Sugar. I wasn't clear. In the PAST this has resulted in amputation because it wasn't cancer and was considered benign, they did not use radiation. Now they consider it malignant but not cancer. Without radiation, it will destroy tissue and bone but will not move to another part of the body. That will not happen to dd, she has tons of hotshot drs. Without radiation it has an 85% chance of coming back. With radiation it has a 10% chance. After the last surgery it had a 50% chance of coming back. We lost that bet, so I guess radiation wins.

Last edited by Lush; 05-07-2005 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:53 AM   #99  
loves kleenex box art

Of course her health is most importatant but AP's are way important too. They might be important to her emotional health. Will it make a difference if she takes them? Tell her her old fat Aunt Peaches loves her and is praying for her.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:42 PM   #100  

I am quite sure I've posted recently but darned if I can find it. Happy Mother's Day y'all.
Lushie, I am SO sorry that DD is having to face so much trauma at her age. If she can maintain/get control of her health I would think she'll have another chance to do AP exams in the Fall, or that the school involved will have some provision for allowing her to exempt out of her AP type classes.

DH has been a dear about mother's day. He took me to lunch and then August Max and bought me some "resort wear" that I can wear in MA in a couple of weeks. We also browsed through Coldwater Creek. Yummy things. But omigod I am a blimp in the mirror.

I am even more emotionally over wrought because i found out my childhood home is for sale (not that i could afford to buy it back) and I've been looking at the peeectures. I miss that place... even though it's been painted white instead of being left natural swood color, and even though they (thank goodness) covered the linoleum and put down hardwood floors.

This is where the photos are.

I'm going to make a sandwich and maybe have a drink and go to bed.
Hugs all.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:06 AM   #101  
loves kleenex box art

Painty, you grew up in Pasadena?!?!?! How beautiful. I loved driving through there when I lived in LA. Very very good place to be a kid.

My DS took me to lunch and to see Hitcher's Guide to the Galaxy yesterday. He forgot to take his wallet.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:58 PM   #102  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
You are SO CUTE when you yell in French!!! Do it more.

DS and Kiwiette are both writing the SATs tomorrow. They do it in grade 11 (see .. I am speaking Canadian) not in grade 12 unless they want to keep redoing some of it for a better result. Not every school has Advanced Placement. DS's does not. I do not think Kiwiette's does. You have an uppity-froo-froo school.

The test starts at 8:00. I want Kiwi to tell me when it ends so I'll know when to pick him up.
I thought DS already took the SAT in March? Anyhow, how was I going to tell you when to pick up DS when I left at 3 in the morning Friday? I guess you'll have picked him up by now anyway...

DD has one AP class -- Chemistry. They don't do the AP test the same as SATs; they give it during the school day. The SATIIs on the other hand are handled the same as the SATs, you have to register for them yourself, pay for them and take them on a Saturday. You don't have to take an AP class to take any of the SATIIs.

Gotta run. Talk later.

Kiwi
Old 05-09-2005, 03:07 PM   #103  
loves kleenex box art

That looks like directions for assembling a bicycle. I am SO GLAD to see a post, however. Way to go Kiwi!!!!!!!!!

I saw the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Anyone else?

Talk.

We got a resume sent in to our office. The applicant said she has "excellent grammar skills" and would be "willing to relocate buy June 15."

Last edited by Cowpernia; 05-09-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #104  
fatter than U

Talking Talking as fast as I can

Haven't seen Hitchhiker's Guide yet. Would like to maybe read the book first.

My biggest kid is only in grade 6 so I don't have to worry about SATs or USBs or UFOs or whatever for a long while yet and I don't think they have those here anyway.

What? Is Kiwi back or was she posting from Anytown's public library?

I made split pea soup. Nutritious and cheap and ds9 will eat it. It's for tomorrow because I have actually planned a meal one day ahead. I think I am deserving of a medal for being prepared for once in my life.

Speaking of my life, it sucks. What can I do to make it stop doing that?
Old 05-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #105  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

OKAY---I BOUGHT---FRENCH WOMEN DON'T GET FAT SO NOW WHAT???? I heard that kiwonk was reading it,so i had to get it----has anyone else read???? peach-honk-----my step dd LOVED the movie you went to=-----how sweet of ds to take the old lady out on mother's day---i was at the pool watching ds swim at his "hockey party"----he got a medal---most IMPROVED hockey player---he was thrilled to biTs-----SUGAR----IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY LIFE WAS QUITE SUCKY WHEN I WAS HOME WITH KIDS ALL DAY LONG------the first time around with the girls {now 21 and 19} was REALLY lonely cause the internet hadn't been invented---wnen i met yOUSE loosers,ds was four years old and i was SO THRILLED TO HAVE COMPANY ON THE INTERNET@!!!!!!-----WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES!!!!-- i really remember those long lonely winter days all cooped up with kids and I FEEL YER PAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Closed Thread