3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#33) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/56552-home-loozing-floozies-33-a.html)

ShelleyM 04-21-2005 05:40 AM

Yes, Dee. Vonzelle is from Ft Myers. And I truly think she should be the one to win!

ShelleyM 04-21-2005 05:41 AM

Gayle-I am sending extra prayers to you and yours this week. I hope your mom makes it through all this soon.

Deelite 04-21-2005 02:35 PM

Gayle let us know what the results are friday. I too believe that it isn't infection since no fever. My prayers are with you. I am glad that your brother is there to help you out.

gdeann 04-21-2005 03:34 PM

HI!!! So far, not all the lab is back, but they are ruling out infection. I need to have her at the hospital in the morning at 7:00 a.m. They want to do a tap and drain all the fluid. If all goes well, she should be released later in the day. The doctor said there is a chance they could puncture a lung, if so, she will need to stay in the hospital. I'll keep you updated. BTW: My brother ended up getting a rude awakening! He found out just how well my mother sleeps (not)! She kept him up all either with coughing or breathing treatments. I bet it will be awhile before he voluteers to stay with her again. ;-)

Hope everyone is well!!!

Deelite 04-21-2005 04:43 PM

Gayle I hope that all goes well tomorrow. I will be praying for your mom in the morning. I know that this is very scarey for you too. You are also in my prayers. I guess now your brother must really appreciate you. ;)

gdeann 04-21-2005 10:12 PM

Thank you for the prayers. I have the deepest feeling they are going to tell me mom has the first stages of congestive heart failure. I am having a hard time tonight keeping myself together...I wish Steve was home to talk to... getting ready to leave and go back to my moms house. I'll let you all know how things go.

ShelleyM 04-22-2005 05:42 AM

Gayle- :grouphug:

Deelite 04-22-2005 01:12 PM

Gayle sorryt that I didn't check in last night I didn't check in last night after you posted. I am still praying for your mom. How is she doing this morning? How did the drainning go? Hang in there girl. I see the angels around you and your mom guarding you. {{{HUGS}}}

Sherry 04-22-2005 07:54 PM

Gayle.....How is your Mom today? How did it go today? You're in my heart & prayers. I love you......

Dee....How is your back? I've thought a lot about you today. :grouphug:

How is everyone else? I was so excited about starting to feel better and finally off all the medications and guess what??? This afternoon I started hurting again in the same spot! :( I hope sooooo bad this Pleurisy isn't coming back!

Going to lay down for a little while. I love & miss you all!!! Has anyone heard from Ramona, Carol and the others?

coles 04-22-2005 08:17 PM

Gayle- I hope everything is okay. Your mom is in my prayers. You are a wonderful daughter, I know it must be hard to be there for everyone. Please look after yourself.

ShelleyM 04-24-2005 11:10 AM

We had a wonderful time at my parents house last night for the Passover sedar. There was a total of 15 people there and the condo looks fabulous. Our sedars are very, very laid back, with loads of laughter, even though they are supposed to be solemn. We also celebrated Becky's birthday (she is 17 today!) and my dad's (82.)

Gayle-How is your mom today? If you email me her name, I will have my dad say a Mishabera (prayer for the sick) at Temple on Friday night. I am praying for her everyday.

This board is so slow!! I hope that everyone is just busy and not deserting us!!

I ran over to my parents house this morning (7 miles), then stayed for 10 min, then ran back home. Total of 12 miles. The reason it is farther going is that I always take a 1.5 mile warmup before I go running.

bootwoman 04-24-2005 04:05 PM

Just wanted to quickly check in and say hello to everyone.

Gayle, I hope the tests went all right and your mother is feeling better today. I know you are so very tired both physically and mentally. I wish I was there with you to help so you could get some rest. I know how it is when you are the only sibling who takes on all the responsibility of caring for your parents. I was thinking about something...you know when you and Steve were trying to decide if you should move to a new town, but you decided you needed to stay where you are? This is proof that you made the right decision. Take care of YOU!

I still can't get on line at work and that is where I always posted before. I very rarely even turn my computer on at home any more. After hours and hours on it at work, the last thing I want to do is stare at one at home! LOL Besides that, my eyesight has gotten very, very bad in the last two months. I can hardly read anything at night so I don't even try to read the posts until I get to work. I always go in early so I can do that! Now that I've finally gotten my tax refund, I'm going to make an eye appointment this week.

Well, I hope all of you who have been ill, are still recovering, have parents in poor health, have "co-workers from ****", or who are just having a hard time in general, will soon find a measure of peace and relaxation. I pray that the sun will shine upon you all and fill you with hope and love.

Take care everyone........

Deelite 04-26-2005 06:26 PM

Gayle I am really worried about your mom. How did everything go? With the silence it really scares me. Please post and let us know.

Sherry how are you feeling? Is the pain in your chest gone? Don't do to much, I know you, when you feel a bit better you get right back at it. SLOW DOWN!

Shellley wish Becky happy belated birthday. I am sorry I didn't wish her happy birthday sooner but my PC was down. Is it appropriate to wish someone Happy Passover Sedar like we do for Easter? I am so dense! If it is Happy Passover Sedar.

Ramona it is nice to hear from you. Did you get new glasses this week? I didn't know that your eyes were that bad. I totally agree with what you said about Gayle deciding to move. Sometimes we have no clue as to why things work out the way they do.

Well I better get going Larry is on his way in the door for my beef stew!

gdeann 04-26-2005 11:57 PM

Shelley, wishing you and your family a wonderful and blessed Passover holiday!!! I'm so happy your parents are settled into the new home. It sounds gorgeous!

Ramona, please take care of yourself! Have your eyes checked ASAP in case it is something serious. Your right, is is a good thing we decided to stay. We honestly thought something serious would happen to Steves dad first. I have a hard time remembering my mom is 79, she acts so much younger then her age.

Dee, you are such an angel! You seem to always know what to say to let calmness settle in. I am tired, but hopefully things are starting to turn around.

Janice, thank you for the prayers! How is the dieting coming along?

Sher, are you feeling better? How is Wayne??

To all the other Floozies, I hope life is treating you well. Please check in and update us on your life.

We went to the hospital last Friday A.M. and they drained all of the fluid off of mom's lungs. Since that time she seems to be steadily improving a tiny amount each day. She will need to get restarted with your physical therapy, tomorrow will be her first day trying a session. The shortness of breath continues, and probably won't improve too much. We will need to watch for fluid buildup again, it could be an early indication of congestive heart failure. She is finally eating better and able to stay in bed most of the night. There for awhile we were up most of the night doing breathing treatments and just trying to keep her comfortable.
Are any of you familiar with Long Term Care Insurance? It will pay if the insured needs to go into a nursing home. Mom has a policy she wanted me to check over, to be honest, I'm feeling kinda uneasy about it. She pays outrageous premiums monthly to keep the policy and I'm not too sure it is worth it. FEEDBACK PLEASE! BTW: we are not planning for the nursing home here in the near future, she just wanted me to check into it for her.

I hope everyone is doing great! Dee, the stew sounds yummy!!!!

Love, Gayle

gdeann 04-27-2005 12:05 AM

I forgot to mention: THANK YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR ALL THE SINCERE COMMENTS AND PRAYERS! And Shelley, if your father would like to say a prayer for my mom, LaVeta, (long e) it will be deeply appreciated. I will make sure to mention it to her.