Old 04-16-2005, 03:00 PM   #46  

Hello, Ladies.

Well, you certainly seem to be a lively group. OK if I join in?

Brief back-ground: I've been obese since I was 10-years-old. My lowest weight (after starving myself for 3 months and exercising daily to the point of seeing black dots) was 168 pounds on my 5'4" med-boned frame. My home consists of a husband, a daughter, two sons, a dog and a cat. I work four part-time jobs, 2 of which I honestly hate and am in the process of trying to trade up to a better, full-time position. I started on Atkins back on 02/02/04 and, during the next twelve months lost 45 pounds -- of which I've regained 12. But I'm back on track (officially as of today) and have started exercising again as of last week.

Well, that's me. The rest of you seem to be doing well. I hope some of your success/motivation rubs off. BTW -- what is "mini goal"?

Have a great day!
jdoneil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 03:15 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoneil1
Hello, Ladies.

Well, you certainly seem to be a lively group. OK if I join in?

Brief back-ground: I've been obese since I was 10-years-old. My lowest weight (after starving myself for 3 months and exercising daily to the point of seeing black dots) was 168 pounds on my 5'4" med-boned frame. My home consists of a husband, a daughter, two sons, a dog and a cat. I work four part-time jobs, 2 of which I honestly hate and am in the process of trying to trade up to a better, full-time position. I started on Atkins back on 02/02/04 and, during the next twelve months lost 45 pounds -- of which I've regained 12. But I'm back on track (officially as of today) and have started exercising again as of last week.

Well, that's me. The rest of you seem to be doing well. I hope some of your success/motivation rubs off. BTW -- what is "mini goal"?

Have a great day!
Welcome
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 05:46 PM   #48  

Here's my recipe for a dry rub for roasted chicken

1 tsp. each of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, freshly gr. blk. pepper, dried oregano and red pepper flakes. 2 tsp. of paprika and you can throw in a tsp. of br. sugar if you want. Rub this under the skin and on top as I don't eat the skin but hubby does You can cut back on the red pepper if you don't like it too spicy.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:21 PM   #49  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

thats sounds yummy! any ideas for cod fish? Oh i got all my stuff to make your chicken peppers and brocoli dish.. the fresh red peppers were 4.99 a pound!! good grief!

so i got the roasted red peppers in the jar! and brocoli was on sale for .99 a lb!!! woo hooo
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 06:23 PM   #50  
Staying in 1derland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoneil1

what is "mini goal"?

Have a great day!
umm one of the ladies had mentioned a while back that they had a mini goal to lose 10 lbs by May 9th so it sounded good to me... when u have a lot to lose.. just divide it up and set mini goals for your self!
Old 04-16-2005, 07:19 PM   #51  

Sorry CL can't help with the cod as I haven't had it since my mom used to make it for us (salted cod) for breakfast Tell me if you use the ww pasta, apparently I'm using it tonight but I'm going to use 1/2 & 1/2 of ww and white. But it's with speg. sauce so hopefully I won't get a bad taste. Anyways, chickies, let's talk tomorrow as I snuck in while hubby's showering. Enjoy your evening and see you tomorrow Also I buy the brocolli flowerettes frozen so I can just do a handful at a time

Last edited by bailey7; 04-16-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #52  
Staying in 1derland!

heres a fun lil toy to play with ... you can build a virtual you online...

i built myself at my weight now and also a model of myself at my goal its pretty cool!!

http://www.myvirtualmodel.com/mvmhome/jsp/home.jsp?

another interesting site>> with a lot of good ideas for motivation
http://www.beliefnet.com/index/index_216.html

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-17-2005 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #53  

Thank you for your replies, CL. It's nice to be welcomed so warmly!

You all seem to like sharing recipes so I've included two of my own (both low-carb).

Scallops Alfredo (Serves 4)

1 Lb. Bay Scallops (or Sea Scallops cut into quarters)
1 Pkg sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms (or 8 oz. sliced mushrooms of your choice)
1/2 Bx Dreamfields Healthy Low Carb Living Penne Rigate, cooked as instructed
1 Jar Ragu's Carb Options Alfredo Sauce
3 Tsp Butter
2 Tsp Olive Oil

In a large sauce pan with high sides, set the heat to high and put in the olive oil and 1 tsp of the butter. Once the butter has melted, turn down the heat to about 3/4 (I have an electric stove so you'll have to use your own judgement for a gas stove). Add the scallops and cook until done. Note: The scallops will give off a lot of water which will help them cook through. That's OK. Cook the scallops for aboout 4-5 minutes or until done. Pour the scallops & liquid through a strainer and hold the scallops aside. Add the remaining butter to the pan and toss in the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Add the Alfredo sauce & the scallops to the mushrooms & cook until heated (about 1-2 minutes). Add the cooked, strained pasta & toss to coat.

I served this to my DH last night with a tossed salad. I waited until after he complimented me on my new recipe to inform him that the entire meal (including the Crystal Light Lemon Ade beverages) was low-carb. He was shocked! :O He has been accusing me of starving myself for the last year by "dieting" but he never would try any of the meals I made for myself. He is singing a different toon this AM!

Oops. This is getting too long. I'll put the other recipe on a new post.

Old 04-17-2005, 10:27 AM   #54  

OK. That's fustrating. I had just finished typing in the 2nd recipe when the Spy Sweeper my son installed on this computer booted me out! So, let's try this again.

Breakfast Burrito (Serves 1)

2 Eggs
Cooking Spray
1 Tbsp Pesto Sauce
2 Oz Thinly Sliced Ham (0-1 NC per ounce)
Large Tortilla (I found one with only 5 NC per tortilla)
1/4 Cup Shredded Colby/Monteray Jack Cheese (or any 0 NC shredded cheese you like)

Put the tortilla on a large plate, sprinkle evenly with the cheese, and set aside.

Spray a med. frying pan with the cooking spray. On med. heat, cook the slices of ham for about 1 minute on each side. Lay the ham on top of the cheese. The heat will melt the cheese.

Give the pan another quick spray with the cooking spray. Scramble the eggs in a bowl with 1 Tbsp of water. Pour the eggs into the hot pan & scramble until almost done. Drizzle the pest sauce across the middle of the eggs & gently fold the eggs over (trapping the pest sauce in the middle).

Put the eggs in the middle of the tortilla and fold burrito-style. Enjoy!
Old 04-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #55  
Staying in 1derland!

Hi joanne both of those sound great! I hope u dont mind i copied and pasted them to our receipe forum... OH DOH!

I have forgotten to tell everyone who has come to join us lately that we also have a web site!!

with a chat room and other forums..

tho we havent been doing much chatting (guilty here)

http://40somethings.bravehost.com/index.html
Old 04-17-2005, 08:27 PM   #56  
Kasee

Hi there. How was everyone's weekend? The sun was shining all weekend, it was awesome here in the Toronto area. I did the walk for MS today and it was absolutely gorgeous, we had a great time.
Bailey-yes ma'am, I got your pm. Thanks for getting back to me. It's nice to find people who live in the same area, don't you think?
CL- How did you enjoy the ww pasta. Personally, I love it! I would never go back to eating white pasta. It seems to have more flavour. Nothing to fear.
But, brown rice on the other hand .... yuk!
I love basmati rice. It's so light and tasty. We got a huge package of it at Costco.
Jo, hi there. Love the recipes! And, I guess I'm not the newest girl on the block anymore. LOL
Have you started back on your Atkins? How's it going?
Myself, I am "Somersizing" and am really enjoying it. I find it amazing to be losing weight and never feeling hungry. I used to use slim-fast........brutal.
I really like the idea of measuring my weight loss in 10 lb. increments. To me, it makes the amount of weight I would like to lose seem more attainable.
I am glad to see that we have a chat room, I will drop in there whenever I have the site open and hopefully someone will be around for a chat.

K
Kasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:12 AM   #57  

I'm back! My kids decided my computer would be great to play the new MYST game on and the game screwed up my computer!! I have been super good about limiting them to using the word processor for homework and their computer for the games. MYST needs the dvd drive and mine is the only one that has it...sheesh! It took out my Mozilla browser which lost all my bookmarks and I just found this site again.

I am holding steady weight wise. Last night I cheated and got a full BK meal with the kids and ate popcorn at the theater when we went to see Fever Pitch. Today is a new day and one that will be back on program!!

Hope you are all weel...welcome to all the newbies!!

Lisa
LisaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #58  
Staying in 1derland!

still havent made my ww pasta.. i guess i feel safe with my pre measured portions in the healthy choice dinners.. tho tonite after i had my healthy choice dinner i was still hungry.. so i had a bowl of cereal also..

I know the problem with the hunger is cuz ive been piddling around in the am and not eating breakfast again..
Old 04-18-2005, 08:58 PM   #59  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi chickies, I sure need your help. I fell off the wagon with a resounding thud. My first step back on is coming back to 3FC and posting. Os I admit I've been bad. It was tasty but I regret it all the same. Since there is nothing I can do to undo it, I will make a promise to you all - I'm back on the wagon and I'm putting on a damn seat belt. I've been falling off for the last two months and I need to focus. So I will post daily and that should help the ride.

DH is out of town and I like the quiet. Eldest DS informed me he's moving out at the beginning of May. Gee, I get a craft room and his two cats will leave. Am I sad? Nope. I don't see him much between his work and school and my work, so I will have a craft room. Yippee. Told DH and he wasn't too bummed either. What I'd really like is for the other DS to move out since my opinion in his life doesn't count. Eldest DS cares what I think and asked me about moving out and ran the obstacles past me so I could help figure it out. Anyway, DS2 will be moving out in a couple months. Then I'll have 2 carft rooms?!?!?!? That I won't know what to do with it.

I need to exercise tonight and I will after 3FC. My promise is to be on track tomorrow and exercise this evening. I'll be back tomorrow. To everyone, have a great day.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:22 AM   #60  
Staying in 1derland!

Tuesday weigh in:

GRRRR only down a 1/2 lb this week... I guess thats better than gaining...