Old 04-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #31  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Chickies. I hope eyveryone is having a great day. So far, I'm in a lot better mood than I was yesterday. I was so blah I didn't even make a single post. I read the forum but had nothing to say. Can't say that today is any different - nothing new in my life. I stayed on plan yesterday but didn't do anything active in the evening. Tonight is exercise night so that should help make up for it. I had a bigger breakfast today and it's curing the morning munchies. I definitely will add more calories to my breakfast if I can stop the morning, at work snacking. It's definitely been a problem.

Kasee, welcome and glad to meet you. Congrats on the jeans becoming looser. Isn't that a great feeling. I love when they turn baggy. I bought some new jeans in a smaller size and they're a little tighter now. I look forward to them being loose.

Lillbutt, congrats on the new kitty. Animals are wonderful and I bet the female felines will be okay. Especially since you're having boyo neutered. His ego will be pretty deflated.

Liza, way to go on exercising when you didn't want to. It might be the hardest time to exercise but you get to be way proud that you did it anyway. Way to go!

Have a great afternoon, chicks.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:37 PM   #32  

Default hi

I'm with MMarie, I'm here but I have no desire to talk, it's PMS I think So just stopping in to say hi, how's it going and all that I'm stickin' with my program but I'm getting bored so maybe I'll have to mix it up abit. Anyways, talk to you later. For all you working women, hats off to you, I don't know how you do it!!!!!!!! Kasee, welcome, I pm'd you
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:21 PM   #33  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hey Bailey... got any good ideas for what to make with some wheat pasta???

and u guys doing low carbs which vegtables are ok ?

I had the new healthy choice Lemon pepper fish it was yummmmy.. and i dont like fish so it must be good! lol

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-13-2005 at 09:51 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:48 AM   #34  

Missed the gym today, just too tired, must be getting sick. Just what I need. I have been invited to my boss's 50th birthday party this weekend, and I really want to go if only to see who else in the office has been invited.

Yesterday, I logged 8,280 steps on the pedometer. My daily goal is to reach 10,000 so I know I have some more work to do on this area.

Food has been going well, though last night, I just wasn't hungry, ate one of my NS desserts and went to bed.

MARIE - spreading out your food and making sure you have enough for during the day, especially if you are going to work out in the evening is important. The whole banking for a special event doesn't work I think especially if you are burning a lot in exercise.

BAILEY 7 - Working full time is the only way I keep my sanity sometimes. If I stayed home with DD, she would be dumber than a post, as it was she was in great care and is such a social butterfly. I really like my job, land use and urban planning, and helping people, I get so much out of it. And with the 20 years in the job, I have 5 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks of comp time and full benefits for minimal copay. Overall, if I could just get rid of a couple of coworkers, I would be in perfect bliss.

CURLYLOCKS - Whole wheat pasta is fine, it is so much better now than it used to be. You can get lots of lowcarb info at the Atkins.com site even if you doing South Beach. Veggies which are your friends: brocoli, spinach, lettuce - especially the darker green ones, red peppers, green beans, eggplant, cabbage, and cauliflower which is often substituted for white potatoes. I have found that the HC fish is pretty good for frozen fish.

I took a sneak peak this morning, and I am heading downwards again. I may be in the swing of things. I have been careful about tracking my calories and the quality of my food recently, and am making better progress towards portion control. I tell myself I will have such and such in a real portion and then if I do want more I can have it. Usually I don't. I would rather lose two pounds by next Tuesday.

Have a great day, I am plugging along, not getting too much done.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:59 AM   #35  

Here I am again Okay, I really do have PMS even hubby said so last night and I guess I'm just not handling it well this month. I'm feeling pretty dragged out and just feel like sittin' on the couch with the tv remote but there's laundry to do and exercise too. Also my 24 yr. old daughter is coming over this afternoon (she's the middle one) and I haven't seen her for a while, actually since Easter!
I know what you feel about the sanity and working as I used to work when my kids were young, well really most of they're lives, but now that there gone I figure it's my time now. What I really meant was how do you exercise and diet AND work. When I was working, I was slim so it wasn't a problem.
CL, I still haven't made it yet but I think I'll try it tomorrow the same way I do it with the white pasta. Some pasta, roasted red peppers, brocolli in chickenstock reduction with a sprinkle of parm. This makes a filling dinner but you can throw some cooked chicken in too.
Well, I'm off to get my makeup on and then on to do the laundry. I'll check back later. Hope you all have a good day
Old 04-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #36  
Staying in 1derland!

Smile

Im tired also.. i have been working from 8 am to 8 pm zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well i think i am finding that my old way of eating... (not much meat.. pasta, potatos, bread!) was really a trigger for my eating toooo much... plus it seems since i have cut them out i have lost more quickly... im not doing any particular plan....

just trying to eat healthy.. portion controled meals.. and walk

tho i do think and i want to learn more about good carbs/ bad carbs ..

thanks bailey that sounds yummy ill have to give it a try saturday

everytime i see u talk about brocoli i am wanting some... lol
Old 04-14-2005, 10:50 PM   #37  

Well the little fur man is home!! It took an extra day to get him neutered because of an emergency at the vet. He is hiding under the bed…..my little fur girls keep walking in there and then coming out like, “yup, still there!” But no hissing or action of any kind…..I am leaving him be…just going in there and talking to him once in awhile.

Otherwise…eating has been good! Yesterday had a bit of a slip….got into the candy at work, but counted the cal and wrote it down. Today had my meeting, didn’t take any treats so felt I shouldn’t eat any, but there were grapes and strawberries, so had a few of them, and a piece of dark chocolate, but came home and wrote it down and still stayed within my calorie limits. Also went for an hour walk…..I need to get new batteries for my pedometer and see how many steps I am taking on my walks…but it was about 3 miles in an hour….not as fast as I can do at the gym, but it is hilly and walking outside is just different than the laps around the gym…..but I so enjoy being outside and I have been feeling it in my butt and my inner thighs, so must be something! Unfortunately I am also feeling it in my knees so taking the Osteo Bi-Flex and hoping that helps my knees..it did once so hoping it does again!

Other than that….I am tired as well, seems we all are lately?!?!?! I love being in my 40’s but jeez!!!! May just be my period too…..lasted a full week this time….on some new birth control pills that have made it less heavy , but longer….which as bad as it was , I would rather be a few extra days….but still it takes it out of me!!! Menopause may be relief LOLOLOL

Have a great night!
Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:15 AM   #38  
Staying in 1derland!

sign me up for the tired list.. TGIF! but i think we have to work tomorrow as well.. I have been gettin home @ 8 pm im sure it isnt good to be having dinner that late.. plus i havent been walking.

We had parties at work yesterday every kind of food u can imagine... BUT i was good.. my only indulgence was 1 sea shell noodle from a pasta dish... lol i never knew 1 noodle could taste soooooo good! then i had all fruit.. so i am impressed with my will power to stay away from all the brownies.. and cakes!

need to go stock up my cabinets.. im out of all my fav healthy choice dinners.. and my soups for lunch

well better get movin here... work bellows!

have a great day everyone... maybe the hoo hums are the position of the moon or something.. or we have "spring fever"

Tho I am determined to keep working toward my goal weight... haha just need some energy!!! ill try to recharge!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 09:18 AM   #39  

BAILEY 7 - I always laugh when people say they aren't handling PMS well, I think it really means that you are not handling the clothes dropped on the floor, dishes left in the sink, and general mess you just don't feel like picking up yet again. How many men think about laundry and such when they don't feel 100%, or when do they think it about it period.

CL - Portion control, my #1 goal right now is to embrace it.

I did avoid buying anything with my coffee this morning. I just got the coffee and bypassed everything and this place has a ton of nonchocolate options. I just know I am not hungry I had a great breakfast, cereal with some fresh strawberries and the coffee will get me through the morning.

LILYBUTT - Walking outside burns more than at the gym I think because the surface is uneven, the hills and there is so much more to look at. Good for you and your will power, the desserts will always be there, you just don't want them on your thighs.

I seem to have gotten over my tiredness, I think mine is allergies though. Juniper bushes are blooming and that may be yet another thing I am allergic to, I came to allergies late in life so I feel I can't complain too much. Alavert really helps me though so I have to toss them into my bag.

I feel that my next weigh in will be a good one. My clothing is loosening up, can hardly wait until I get to the baggy state.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #40  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:15 PM   #41  
Staying in 1derland!

hi there!
Old 04-15-2005, 10:21 PM   #42  
Kasee

Hi there, ladies. I just thought I would check in. I like reading what's going on with everyone, and figured I could share something. Last week I went shopping and bought myself a new pair of pants that I really liked yet I couldn't even do them up. Incentive!!! Well, I tried them on today, yippee!!! They fit. I wore them today. And then just for next week's incentive, I bought another pair of pants, that I couldn't do up. (as well as 3 or 4 tops I just had to have) I will keep you posted on the progress.
My walking everyday is going well, (10 km) and I can feel myself getting stronger. At least the hills are getting easier, don't find myself looking for an alternate route. LOL
Have a great weekend, ladies.
K
Kasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #43  
Staying in 1derland!

Exclamation

that is soo cool! and what a great feeling huh kasee? my first time on this journey i had a lil denim mini skirt that i was waiting to get into.. it really does help..

I need to go get some groceries... after reading the posts, i think i am gonna get some of those wheat sandwich wraps and try them along with the wheat pasta..

OH and some red peppers & BROCOLI for sure! lol bailey has made me NEED brocoli !!

Bailey do u roast the peppers your self or buy them aready roasted in the jar??

haha can u tell i am hungry?? i got up late and had to run to get to work on time.. and just grabbed a jello as i went out...
Old 04-16-2005, 11:58 AM   #44  
Staying in 1derland!

How is everyone doing on the mini goal??
Old 04-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #45  

Hi ladies! I've been MIA a little but I'm here now! Yesterday was really bad for me, no exercise or diet I feel like I gained a little weight, which really sucks But I'm back on today so maybe I didn't do too much damage. I don't know what happened but once I started eating I couldn't stop, bagel and cheddar for breaky, cornedbeef on rye for lunch, and bbq wings and shrimp for dinner, plus a few snacks and no exercise!!! Probably it was because while dh and dd were sucking on BBQ ribs and garlic bread the night before, I stuck to my guns and had a little pasta and veggies and shrimp CL, I use both but I do prefer my own roasted in the oven but the ones in the jar are good in a pinch. I still haven't tried the ww pasta, still kinda scared I won't like it and then it'll ruin whatever else I'm puttin' in it. So, I guess I'll wait for you to try it and tell me how it was Kasee, did you get my pm? Lilybutt and sugercube and Lisabee and mmarie and hotcupofjava, I read all your posts and I thankyou for keeping this board going, along with the rest of you and I value all the input. This is what keeps me going Well, I'm off for more exercise, I'll check back later. Have a wonderful weekend!! The sun is shining and it's pretty warm here