3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Moms Losing Weight .....APRIL........ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/56034-moms-losing-weight-april.html)

melmcc99 04-21-2005 07:31 AM

Gals, try macys for Style and Co jeans. they have the stretch in them. They also come in Short, Reg, and TAll. So if a 16 is a bit snug, they'll fit in this brand, because it stretches a bit. Give em a try. Chris, I bet you get into a 14 in those....Go for it. Or at least go try em on for the satisfaction of it.... Have fun!

Michellej, WTG on the new size! Very cool.

kclay61 04-21-2005 08:18 AM

I don't have little ones, per se, but I do have kids and I do want/need to lose weight.

sharqueen76 04-22-2005 12:35 AM

Hello everyone! This is the big weekend!! I am starting to move on Friday. I won't be around for at least 2 weeks..My DSL has to be set up at my new place. I am looking forward to losing some weight. Right now I weigh 154!!! I can't complain but 120 would be much better. I better go..it's 12:30am!!

chrily 04-22-2005 12:44 AM

Jeniqua-Girl, I just missed you. Congrats on the new place. We'll be waiting to here more from you. How did the custody hearing go? Thinking of you and knowing you'll do great!!!!

Hi Kim....of course you're welcome to join in the group. I'm Chris. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 girls (Tiana, 11, Kayla, 5, and Nicole 2). Married for 7 yrs now to Darling Hubby, Kelly. I'm 34, live in Montana, and have rheumatoid arthritis. This used to be a very busy thread but everyone has so many things going on, it's not as busy as it used to be. You'll like it though. There is a ton of support from everyone.

Mel...Okay girlfriend! I'm in the armpit of America. We don't have a Macy's here. :D The closest I have is Dillard's. Do you have one of those? If you do, have you ever bought jeans from there? I am getting desperate for something...anything...that fits. Maybe I'll have to send you some money sometime and you can do me some shopping.... :D How's the bathroom turning out? I'm looking at mine and getting more disgusted with it by the day...or was that by the hour? Hummmm...

Well It's WAAAAYYYY past my bedtime. Gotta go. See you in the morning ladies.
~chris

michellejy 04-22-2005 09:03 AM

Isn't Dillards the same as Macys? Or is that Lazarus? I get confused by these giant chains that call themselves something different depending on what city they are in.

My problem is always with the pants that don't have hips or a but. I'm big, but I still have a waist. It's not all straight down from there. I end up finding pants with a waist that hangs off of me and hips that are squeezing the life out of me. LOL

Jeniqua- good luck with the apartment. We are rooting for you!

Welcome, Kim. I'm Michelle (or Chelle or michellej since there is another Michelle in these threads). I'm a SAHM to 1 girl, Sage (age 7 going on 17). I got married at the end of last year to a lovely British man, and moved to PA.

chrily 04-23-2005 12:15 AM

Hey Chelle,
I got some of those little girl types too in my house. They all act like teenagers and have the attitudes to match. I get all this head bobbin, hip shaking, finger wagging "tude" when they are in a mood.... :D Love them to death but by the time they become teenagers, they'll have me driven crazy.

I'm like the opposite of you..if I find something that fits around the waist, the rest of the pants look like those balloony things that MC Hammer used to wear. Kind of reminds me of an upside down bowling pin affect on me. And dang it...I wanna wear all the 'cute' trendy tops that all these younger people are wearing. I'm old (34- ;) ) but I don't like to dress like a matronly type. I want my jeans, tees, and tennis shoes.

Gotta play on uproar.com for a bit and then get to bed. My legs are killing me from playing DDR with my sisters' today and my wrist is all flared up from my Rheumatoid Arthritis...so it's going to be an off night trying to get comfortable.
~chris

sharqueen76 04-23-2005 02:17 AM

Chris, the hearing went well. The judge gave me a temporary order of physical custody. He let my husband choose when he wants to see the kids. He chose to see them every other weekend and during the week when he can. He just got a job soo now it's time to nail him for child support!! The judge and the law gaurdian are for me. I am fighting for sole custody. He still asks me for money and he has a girlfriend. It doesn't phase me at all. I don't want him back at all. He has the kids this weekend. Did I tell you I got a job??? I start on Monday at the nursing home. I'm really looking forward to it.

Well it's 2:16am, I better get myself to bed.I will be back ready to lose this weight in 2 weeks. Nite ladies!!

Redskirt1 04-23-2005 07:52 AM

Jeniqua, I am glad to hear that you are finally moving. You are in my thoughts.

I have been working at a t-shirt printing company and it is brutal. On my feet for 8 to 14 hours a day, five days a week. My first full paycheck will have more than ten hours of overtime on it! And that's just the beginning. The summer is their busiest time, and there will 80 to 90 hour weeks!

Oh well, I gotta go now, bbl.

michellejy 04-23-2005 10:27 AM

Chris- I want the cute trendy tops too, but I think I'm going to have to lose about 30 more pounds before that becomes realistic. Of course, I also have an over-sized chest so anything cute and strappy is never an option :( Oh well, at least the chest balances out the rest of me when I'm over-sized. :lol:

Jeniqua- I'm so glad things are looking up for you. My mom worked in a nursing home for a while after graduating from college as an RN, and she really enjoyed it. The thing I remember about my first marriage is that I was never really happily married, but I was definitely happily divorced :D You should see if you and some friends can get together for a divorce party.

Tabitha- the job thing sounds crazy, but I'm happy you found something. Good luck to you!

chrily 04-23-2005 11:25 AM

Jeniqua-A job at the nursing home...that's great! A gal I used to work with started as a CNA at one of the nursing homes around here. She made really good money and worked her way up and went to school and is now a nurse at the hospital. When I got divorced, my ex had no problem with the custody issue (because he already had a girl living with him the day after I was "asked" to move out). Child support, on the other hand, was hard to get. I finally went through the courts to have them pull it out of his check. Must have been a problem for alot of people because now its a Montana law. The payee doesn't get a choice. They garnish out of their paychecks. Of course, my ex was in jail for a couple years so he got way behind ($10,000). He's paid most of it now. He's still behind by $3500 but its getting closer. He's been a good boy so far and has stayed out of trouble for the last couple years and has kept a job with the carpenter's union so that's good.

Michelle-I was a happily divorced person too. I got more of my self-respect back and I felt better about myself. That's the best feeling. I had one of those skirt-chasing, alcoholic flirts to contend with in my first marriage. Doesn't make for a happy marriage at all. He had more than one affair while married to me...so I've heard. He married one gal he met when he was working out of state. They got married 2 weeks after the divorce papers were signed. That didn't last for him either. He's on his third one.... :lol:

I'm kind of top heavy too right now but my dh is complaining that they are disappearing. Poor guy! :D I wish my waist and butt would shrink like my bust. THAT would make my day!

Tabitha-You workaholic girl! I bet it feels good to finally have a good job since you've been looking so long. How's the kids handle having a working mom now? Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...i've procrastinated long enough. Time to get in the shower, get the house cleaned and start the day. I was up til 11:30 last night with Nicole. And had a hard time staying asleep with my stupid wrist. When the RA attacks it...I lose my circulation to my hand and then it shoots this excruciating pain all the way up my arm. Impossible to sleep unless I sit up and hang my arm over the arm of a chair. Sooo...sleep was a minimum last night. I'll have to force myself to wake up and function. Talk to you later

~chris

Redskirt1 04-24-2005 04:41 AM

Ugh....i thought my legs were going to fall off Thursday by the time I got home. But I was able to get to bed and asleep by ten that night, and got in 7 hours before i had to get up for work. That helped ALOT~going in at six Monday too, no telling when i'll get off work, but the overtime will be great, AND i'll be able to take care of that matter that i told you all about. Anyway, gotta go to bed. Take care ladies.

melmcc99 04-24-2005 09:11 AM

Tabitha, I'm so glad you found a job that has all the OT and all. That's great. You will be able to pay that ..you know what... Get some rest girlie.

Chris, see if this dillards carries, "style and co" Um, or Macys.com. I'd order both a 14 and a 16 long. If you are still at 194 I bet the 14 will fit you in long. they have that strectch in them. Scratch that...online doesn't have them...grrr. I will look and see if I can find a cataloge to send you. I don't have any here, but maybe at the store next time.

JEniqua, glad you are getting settled. How are the kids handling everything? Prayers to you and hugs to girlie.

Michellej, what's going on girl. Are you still working out with those videos. Where;s Chrissyl? Ok, I have to go, I've been super busy.

HEY PENny, still thinking of you girlie.

kclay61 04-24-2005 01:41 PM

Good afternoon everyone - it's Sunday - it's supposed to be a day of rest, but, alas, it's my buisiest day - i have to wash and get everyone ready for Monday - i do grocery shopping - and usually house cleaning *sigh* I need to get off my butt and get busy, but can't seem to get motivated - Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, I'm looking forward to it AND am dreading it, at the same time.

Hope everyone has a great, relaxing, Sunday

chrily 04-24-2005 11:27 PM

Kim, Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. I was supposed to weigh in today but didn't...I'm playing hookie! :D

TTFN and see ya all tomorrow
~chris

kclay61 04-24-2005 11:56 PM

OOOOOO I'm tellin' LOL

Thanks! I will post what I did, whether it be a loss or a *gulp* gain