Old 09-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #136  
A woman of ACTION

Such a busy time for everyone! Come back soon girls!

Lorraine
ecchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:11 AM   #137  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Lorraine

I'm still here!! Have been checking-in everyday but no one has been posting so I thought I'd been desserted!!

Unfortunately, since my last post things have gone a bit crazy and I'm totally off track! Have had a struggle staying on plan since my visitors left, apart from the first week when I lost 3lbs of the 5lbs that I'd gain while they were here!! The last couple of weeks I've yo-yo'd up and down, losing then gaining the same 3lbs!! Consequently, I'm back up to 178lbs again!!

This is getting rather embarrassing ... how many years have I been trying to lose weight? Well, we all know it's a very long time!!

I started to do the Gi Diet a couple of months ago (or at least I was supposed to have been doing it!) and the first 3 or 4 weeks went well, until my visitors arrived. Since they have left I've tried to get back on track but I KNOW I've been going overboard on my calorie intake ... and we all know at the end of the day it doesn't matter what kind of plan we are following ... If we consume more calories that what we burn up the scales aren't going to move in the right direction!!

On Monday I decided to start keeping track of my calories again as this seems to be the only way that I've ever managed to lose weight successfully in the past. I'm one of these people who tends to kid myself all too easily that I'm not over-eating, when deep down in fact, I know that I am. I'm going to try to stick with the 'Lower GI foods' because basically it is all about healthy eating, and I do tend to feel fuller for longer and don't tend to get the afternoon snack attacks that I used to get. But I will be continuing to count calories so that I can keep track of what I'm eating.

I'm now back at work and a little 6 year old boy in my class said something to me that suddenly hit home, it made me realise that although I know I'm overweight, other people can see it too ... I AM FAT!! He said, "My daddy is as fat as you and my grandad has got a really big tummy too!" ... Well, what can I say?!! ... Kids eh ... we can always rely on them to tell us the truth! ... Little darlings! In a way he may have done me a favour ... reality hurts and this may be my turning point.

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:57 AM   #138  

Have decided to set myself some mini goals in the hope that this will motivate me! When I reach each one I will treat myself to something nice (none edible of course!).

I'm going to do this!!

Nichola
Old 09-07-2005, 11:56 AM   #139  
A woman of ACTION

I'll join you Nichola!

1st Mini Goal...getting to the gym three times in a week

Let's see how I do with that one first shall we?

Good luck with yours Nichola!

Lorraine

Last edited by ecchs; 09-07-2005 at 11:57 AM. Reason: fix a smilie
Old 09-10-2005, 02:18 AM   #140  

So Lorraine, how's it going? Have you managed any visits to the gym yet? I really do need to start doing some form of exercise too. For the past week or so I've been intending to start walking again, but by the time I get home from work I feel exhausted! I know I only work part-time but I'm on on my feet for hours on end at school where I work, and when I get home I just want to relax ... perhaps I'm just plain lazy!! I don't have time to do it in the mornings as I already have to get up at 6.00-6.30am. I think maybe I should aim to do it before dinner, maybe around 6.00pm when it's a little cooler outside.

I see so many people out walking and wonder why the **** can't I get myself motivated to do it ... even if it's just for half an hour a day to begin with. A couple of nights ago I was out walking the dog (just a quick one so she could do the necessary! ... See, that's how lazy I am ... I leave all the long walks up to Nick to do!!), and whilst I was out I saw the principal of the school where I work out power walking. Now, she's a big lady ... much bigger than me (I think!), and there she was with all her gear on really going for it! Now, if she can do it why the **** can't I ?!!

Ok, so that's another challenge for me ... Starting from Monday I'm going to go out walking ... Make me do it Lorraine!! ... Make me feel as guilty as **** if I don't!! I need to be accountable so I'll post each day and let you know how long I've walked for ... If I don't you've got every right to kick my butt!!

This weeks weigh-in ... lost 1lb ... not great but better than a gain I guess!

Have a great weekend!

Nichola
Old 09-10-2005, 10:44 PM   #141  
A woman of ACTION

I have a looooooong leg Nichola...don't think I can't reach you from Canada! LMAO

Lorraine
Old 09-11-2005, 12:10 AM   #142  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Hello Chickies! I'm so happy to see you all here. I thought that perhaps the thread had died down since I stopped getting notifications.

Things have been pretty hectic for me lately with my mom's surgery and then hubby coming home after a 5 month absence. And to top that I just recently found out I'm a type2 diabetic. So this means my weight concern is no longer for my vanity, but for my health.

I've started an 1800 calories diabetic foodplan which is similar to my 1600 calorie foodplan and I'm down another 2lbs. Small step on the "weight-meter" but I'm happy about. I've been steady at 310 for 2 weeks now which means it's not water weight.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Has anyone heard from Brandy?

Good luck to everyone and I'll talk to you soon.

Love,
Raff
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:06 AM   #143  

Raff, good to have you back! Hope everything went ok with your mom's surgery, how's she doing? It must be great having hubby back after being away for so long. The longest Nick and I have ever been apart was when he first came to HK for 3 months before I arrived with the kids ... it nearly killed me ... I'm not too good on my own!! Sorry to hear about your health problems, but as you said losing weight is no longer about vanity ... being healthy is far more important ... now you know you've got to stick with it and I wish you the best of luck in getting down to your goal ... you can do it ... we all can if we stick with it!!

Haven't heard from Brandy in a while ... just been Lorraine and myself for the past few weeks ... hopefully everyone else will start to come back soon!!

Lorraine, you can put your leg away for today! I'm determined to get my walk in before dinner ... even though I feel exhausted already! Nick keeps telling me that exercising will give me more energy ... the thing is, I need the energy NOW before I go, not after I've been!! Seriously though, I am going to go and I'll let you know tomorrow how long I walked for ... don't think I'll manage more that 30mins or so, but that's a start right?

Nichola
Old 09-12-2005, 07:17 PM   #144  
A woman of ACTION

Hey Nichola,

Ok, I'll put the leg down for now. LOL I went to the gym today, so only 2 more times before the end of the week. I hear you on the energy front..I NEED a nap now. NOW.

Hee!

Lorraine
Old 09-13-2005, 03:15 AM   #145  

Lorraine, I did it!! ... Walked for 35 mins and at quite a fast pace too The walking itself wasn't too much of a struggle, but the temperature last night when I went out was 29'c and 86% humidity, which for someone overweight and totally unfit, it's really not very pleasant!! ... Not great for outdoor activity at the moment. I can't wait until the cooler weather comes!

Must confess though, that it was touch and go as to whether or not I actually went! I felt soooooo tired that I almost didn't go ... but was really pleased with myself that I actually did it! Right now I don't mind telling you that I don't feel the slightest bit enthusiastic about going out tonight ... BUT I WILL!!!

I have a collegue who's getting married next month and she's having a 'Hen Do' on 1st October. Only found out today that there's going to be a theme ... 'The Oscars'!!!!!! ... We've all got to go dressed in posh frocks or dressed as someone from a movie!!!! OMG!!!! Where the **** am I going to getting a posh frock to fit me?!!! Do you think there's any chance that I could lose 30 or 40 pounds by 1st October?!!!

Nichola
Old 09-14-2005, 06:53 PM   #146  
A woman of ACTION

Well done Nichola!

I say you skip the frock and go as a movie character. Nothing to worry about then.

I'm right ticked off at some little neighbourhood mouthy kids, so I think I'm going to stew for a bit and then come back later to post.

Lorraine
Old 09-15-2005, 02:12 AM   #147  

Hi Lorraine,

Hope you've calmed down a bit now! ... What did the little rats do??

Pleased to say that I've managed to walk for 3 consecutive days now ... I don't mind admitting that it's been a real struggle for me to actually get out and do it. It would be so easy for me to just not bother. I do wish that I was one of those people who love exercise ... maybe the more I get used to doing it, I'll start to enjoy it???? ... I can live in hope

I agree that the movie character might be a better option, but I've never been particularly imaginative when it comes fancy dress stuff ... any suggestions other than the 'Fat B******' character from the Austin Powers movie?!!

Nichola
Old 09-15-2005, 11:01 AM   #148  
A woman of ACTION

Hmmm...

My problem is that I've seen so few movies. And I've never seen you! LOL Do you have long hair? Could you go as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz? Or one of the Nuns from the Sound of Music? Or a creepy Kathy Bates from Misery carrying a sledgehammer? Or go as a Boxer from that Clint Eastwood movie that won an oscar..Million Dollar Baby that's it. You could wear boxer shorts and a "silk" coat which I'm sure you can find in Hong Kong. Then just tape up your hands and wear lace up boots. LOL But you might just want to dress up and wear a feather boa. Boxing doens't seem that glamourous.

I'm over my little rant. I was ticked off at how rude some kids can be. One of the little mouthy girls made a comment that my living room was "So messy. Don't you ever clean?" (My son's lego was ALL over the floor....). I was just shocked that some one who was obvioulsy old enough to know better (8-9) would be so rude to someone she had never met (well, jsut so rude really). I let her know that if she didn't have anything nice to say, she shouldn't say anything at all and sent her marching. But ARGH! What are people teaching their kids these days (Or what AREN'T they????)

I'll keep you posted if I come up with a really good costume for you. Way to go on the walking. 24 more days and it'll be a habit! Go Nichola!

Lorraine
Old 09-17-2005, 09:43 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 286/232/170

Hi guys. Kind of fell of the 3fc wagon again

I've just finished my first week of my postgrad course, and I can call myself a 'student solicitor'. Not quite the real thing but another step closer. I don't know how I'm going to get through the next year, it's really intensive, and scary.

Raff, welcome to the Type 2 club! Not exactly happy you've joined me, but if you ever need a rant, I'm here and I understand how you're feeling.

Brandy hasn't been around. Someone remind me where she moved to. Was it Louisiana??
britjo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:44 AM   #150  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies! Down another 2lbs. I'm going slow, but steady and it seems to be coming off. Been doing a lot of walking as well and once the weather gets colder I'm joining a gym. Mom offered to pay for half. Isn't that sweet? Ever since her surgery she's been donating money left and right. Guess I could be seen as one of her charities.

Jo - Congrats. I'm sure it must be a wonderful feeling to see all your hard work come to something. And if I'm ever in the UK and get into a legal snag I'll give you a call.

Lorraine - I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with some snot-nosed kids. They just aren't reared the way they used to be and it's a shame. I once had a kid, who I don't even know, make a rude comment to me. I was at a friends party, looking through her video cabinet and asked her son to ask his mom where I could find a certain DVD. The girl, about 10 years old, says "Yeah. Go ask because she's lazy." I turned around and told the girl that her mother should teach her some manners. She was unphased because I'm sure she didn't know what manners were.

Nichola - Have you figured on a costume yet? What about something exotic? Like a Ginnie or a Geisha? Oh, I know....a Nun!

Well I'll talk to you all soon.

Love,
Raff
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote