Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 10:37 AM   #211  

Hey all...well, not able to use MILs scale she is not home, so will use the calibrated scale at Curves tomorow. I do know I have lost significant inches in a month...ya all ready for this? okay, total inches lost is..............17.75 inches lost. I cannot believe it. Must have really been bloated when I first measured last month. Lost 1/2 in my neck, 2 in my arm, 5 in my chest, 4 in my waist, 3 in my hips, and 2.25 in my calf, my thighs are .5 inches smaller. we measred it twice to make sure. Amazing..So I am happy with that.
well, am off, got a lot of crafts to finish this week, HAG1 All! Diana

PS" Aimee~~ I know that per gallon, and we use Middle grade gas, it was $2.49/gallon the other day. Crazy...
Old 04-24-2005, 12:12 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Diana - you worked VERY hard for that, don't discredit yourself! I doubt you were feeling bloated a month ago.. you really just worked that hard! I am so so so happy for you!! Keep at it, and soon I can call you a "skinny b*tch"!

I am heading to work, oh yay? after this I only have 1 more shift! Have a great Sunday, Stay on plan.. all that good stuff

-Aimee
Old 04-24-2005, 12:45 PM   #213  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Way to go, Diana! You're the incredible shrinking woman! Congratulations!

That mountain bike sounds like something I'd like to get. I'm going to check into that. It's really a future purchase; I don't think I'm quite ready for a bike right now.

Aimee, I hate to say that TOM came yesterday so I decided to put off the jean shopping until next week. In the mid-80s tapered jeans were a huge fad (with zippers at the bottoms of the legs). I had several pairs of those and even though I was about 70 lbs slimmer than I am now, I did indeed look like an ice cream cone! Kylie and I were joking about that on another thread. I learned my lesson from that! heh heh. I'm moving on to other Glamour Don'ts! (Rob and I joke undersquares instead of underwear, I know, pret-ty immature of us! )

And CONAGRATS on the loss I love it when those numbers go down!

I had a guy I worked with who's wife went to San Diego (she's as white as I am -- which is in the Casper range). She walked on the beach for one day and sunburned the tops of her feet. He got a little offended that I laughed when he told me the story. It's not like I was laughing at her pain, I just can relate to burning that easily.

Congrats on the new car, Jill!! Very cool. Enjoy that high!!! You've worked hard for it.

Definitely my Fridays off and the weekends are where I have the most trouble. Now that we're running around more I get tempted to eat more treats too. I'm really happy with the gym (went this morning), but you're right, Aimee, the diet has to stay steady to make it work. Next Friday is my last weigh in for April, it's already much better than March. March I gained a half a pound (!!!) for the total month. April I've already lost about 3 lbs for the total month (and still have next week).

I'm right on the cusp of being in double digits left lose and right on the cusp on being in the next set of 10 lbs to lose, so I want this week to be a GREAT one!!! Let's all kick Marge's butt into gear !
Old 04-24-2005, 04:15 PM   #214  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hey, guys! We're back in Columbus and sipping some light roast at Cup O' Joe in German Village. Lots of interesting people to watch. Howie and I are IM-ing back and forth so we're not rudely talking about others out loud, LOL. Seriously, there are some *interesting* people here today!

Great to hear you found a car, Jill. And congrats on more loss, Aimee! And Diana, you are unstoppable...All those inches gone to the land of missing socks.

Our gardening get-together was fun. We did indeed get rained out, but one of the locals hosted us at her house. It was HUGE. Seriously, we could have fit four or five of our house in there, maybe more. It was beautiful and full of beautiful things, but it was just too perfect, you know what I mean? But OH what a yard they had, full of trees and backing up against Woodland Mound Park. They get all kinds of birds and wildlife there and their feeders were busy all day.

Howie and I made good choices at the get-together, but did decide to make Saturday our treat day when some others mentioned going out to eat later on that day. We enjoyed crab legs and other goodies at a Chinese buffet, but didn't pig out.

The B&B was restful and a welcome getaway - the innkeepers were really down-to-earth, nice folks, too. Kimberly greeted us with hugs!

I'll post more later, once we get home.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:38 AM   #215  

WB Kimberley! Glad to hear you had a good time, and were a good girl! Sounds like a nice house, I love those big picture perfect houses, I couldn't live in one because I'm pretty messy. And I definitely couldn't clean one. But they are nice to look at! The houses up by where I live are SO nice! Josh and I sometimes drive around looking at all the new houses, I cannot believe the view some of them have, or why people even need a house THAT big. Still... it would be nicer than my tiny little place. Thanks for noticing my weight loss, I imagine part of those 5 pounds is water, but I'll take it!

Marge - I don't really burn, I am part native, I also have a nice complexion from that too. I already have a cute little tan on my face, I just say cute because I get freckles. I've had a couple burns, not too pleasant. I can't imagine having to put on sunscreen all the time in order to not get burnt. And burning the tops of your feet? Yikes! Sounds painful! I am waiting for TOM to arrive, I am now 2 days late. Luckily there is NO chance I'm preggo, I'm just late. I sorta went shopping today! Bought a pink tank top - men's style - for when I go for walks, and socks! heh. Lame shopping.

I was almost completely on plan today! I had some tempura, which was off plan because of the batter. But the little cheats keep me sane, like my daily coffee. I had TWO of them today, and be careful.. I know how to make them and only need 1 thing to make them at home. Fear my specialty coffee making skills! I'm going to go try and convince my bf he's tired.. nite!

-Aimee
Old 04-25-2005, 06:50 AM   #216  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Ahh, Monday morning--everyone's favorite time of the week!

I had a minor freak-out this morning. I drove my new car (picked it up yesterday) to work this morning. When I came into the office, I went to put my lunch pack on my desk. I noticed this orangey-colored liquid that looked like it was leaking from my lunch pack. I immediately grabbed a stack of paper towels and small bottle of water. I couldn't believe I got my car dirty in less than a day! When I got out to my car, though, there was nothing. I felt the seat and the floor--everything was dry. *WHEW!* I think the liquidy substance came from the wrapper from my breakfast (a Yoplait frozen yogurt/orange sherbet frozen breakfast sandwich). Luckily it only got on my lunch bag and NOT on my car. Crisis averted.

So anyway...I have to tell you what happened to Jeff this weekend. He was driving to my house on Friday afternoon, as per usual, and he was truckin' along on the highway (those of you who know I-95 know that it is not exactly a desolate country road--very busy highway at almost any time of any day). So there he is, just driving along, when *BAM* his front passenger window explodes! He never saw if anything hit it, never found anything in the car that may have hit it, but it just shattered into thousands of pieces. There was not a piece of glass left that was more than maybe a jagged 1/8-inch square. It was insane. Luckily, he wasn't hurt by any of the glass (it flew all over the car, including the driver's side back seat). I was also insanely relieved that it didn't cause him to get into an accident. I know if that happened to me, it would have scared me so much I would have hit something else, I'm sure. He said it sounded like an explosion, and the glass just shattered all over the place. So we had to spend a good part of Saturday finding someone to fix his window (we vacuumed out all the glass we could and put sran wrap on the window on Friday night). It's all fixed now, but it was just so crazy (and kinda scary to think about).

Thanks to all for the congrats on my new car--I'm still so excited! Our gas here has gone down to $2.09/gallon for the regular. Not bad considering it was $2.21/gallon a few weeks ago.

Awesome work on the inches lost, Diana! I haven't taken any measurements. I know I should, but it's so depressing to even see where I'm starting. I can tell a little bit of a difference in the way my clothes fit, though (like I said, even though I haven't lost a ton of weight yet, I think things are shifting around, ya know?).

Marge, I, too, am in the Casper range. I have had sunburn on the tops of my feet, which sucks cuz then you have to wear the same sandals till it heals because other sandals will rub the burn and make it hurt more...I am well on my way to skin cancer with multiple serious burns in my history. Even when I wear sunblock, I sometimes burn. So, I try to steer clear of relentless hours in the sun. I NEVER tan--other people say, oh just burn once and it'll turn to tan. Heck no! My skin color choices are red, pink, white. There is no tan to be found

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend, Kimberely--very relaxing!

Aimee--1 more shift!! When is your first day of the new job?

I got on the scale this morning (bad Jill--Thursday is weigh-in day!). I was pleasantly surprised with my post-weekend weight. Hopefully, that will carry on to Thursday. I packed my food for today sensibly, so as long as I continue to have a good week, I should love the scale on Thursday morning

Well, that's certainly enough out of me for now. Hope ya'll have a Magnificent Monday to start off the week!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:11 AM   #217  

hey all, gotta change my ticker, but only lost 2 pounds this time. I cannot fathom how I could have lost so many inches and only 2 pounds, but am guessing it has to do with building muscle, etc...Everything is so comlicated eh? I am on a mission, and by Christmas I will be my old HOT self, this is a guarantee. I am going to have DH take a couple of b4 pics for here, and will start a progress Blog, will let you all know when this is done. Today, I am taking my first walk in over a month, it should be interesting. but very little bit will help. Drinking a Slimfast shake right now, am sticking with that over the next month or so too, just to get myself a head start.
LOL Jill, I can relate, I get so nervous with new Vehicles. Looks like Dh has made his decision, going for the Camry SE today or tomorrow ( Black, Sunroof, spoiler, etc)...
the Navy one got sold. UGH!!!!
well just on for a sec..HAVE FUN e1, and thansk for the Supportive words...This is a journey, that is for certain...
Old 04-25-2005, 09:50 AM   #218  
Never surrender

I don't like Mondays, nope, not at all. The temp is in the 40s today; I AM COLD.

So there he is, just driving along, when *BAM* his front passenger window explodes! --Jill

WOW. That's really scary. He definitely has a cool gene. I once had my hood pop up in the middle of a freeway, going from Walnut Creek to Berkeley. I had to look at the road in that little space between the hood and the top of the car to navigate until I could pull over. Luckily there wasn't much traffic at all.

Aimee, I was 3 days late I have coffee every day. I'm an addict. I figure it's less than 2 cups and I just put a little whole milk in it, can't be the worst thing. There's a local store we buy it from, they keep a cat in the front and have a basket for it. Rob buys the coffee and the cat they used to have loved him (the store people said that cat never liked anybody, ha). It passed away a few months ago. Now it's a new kitty (has to get to know Rob).

I will usually burn, then tan, and I have a ton of freckles.

Diana, don't let the numbers frustrate you. It's true muscles are more dense and so heavier than fat. And you've been doing a ton of exercise -- and have lost lots of inches.

Welcome back, Kimberley. Got any pics of Germantown? Sounds like an interesting place.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:48 PM   #219  
Howie6267's Honey

I don't have any recent pictures of German Village, not from times other than Christmas. Oh, I'll tell ya, I'm pooped today. We don't normally do so much running around on the weekends, let alone get up so early two days in a row and keep going all day long!

On the way home we stopped at not one, but TWO, factory outlet malls (yay, Howie!). I'd never been in the Liz Claiborn Woman store, and thought their clothes were really pretty. But DANG, they are pricey, even at the outlet store! :P At Casual Male, Howie found a new lined flannel shirt to use as a jacket...He only had to get a 2x this time instead of a 5x!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:38 PM   #220  

Goodmorning girls!! The sun is shining, and it's VERY hot out.. well hot considering it's April. I'm going to slap some sunscreen on and get a little sun later Ah the summer, I love it!

Jill - thats completely scary what happened to Jeff! I would probably have freaked out, slammed on my brakes, something un-safe probably. Gotta make you wonder what happened, eh? My mom bought her Honda Civic in 2001, and it's still the way she bought it, she's in love with her car. Once we were coming home from shopping in Spokane, and we decided to stop at the new Krispy Kreme, we only bought coffee believe it or not! Anywho, as we were pulling out, someone hit her car. Her bumper was crushed. Thankfully the people gave us their info and her car was fixed, but as we stopped at the border, the border guy said to my mom, you know your bumper was hit. That pissed her off, her beloved car! So she actually said to him " yah, I know, you don't have to REMIND me". I thought we were going to be taken "inside". But she told him it was a new car, and I guess he understood why she was being so mouthy. Heh, still funny though!

Diana - if you are only doing a weight program, it totally makes sense to me why you'd lose mostly inchs! I'd glad you did measurements, can you imagine how you'd feel if you hadn't? 2 pounds feels like a bummer, but that many inchs is SOOO good! Keep it up, I'd say definitely add some walking in. You go girl

Marge - are we the same person? my god! I think I'm also 3 days late now. Except I tan

Kimberley - I would be mighty pooped after that kinda weekend! It's nice to shrink, and wowsers, Howie really HAS shrunk!

I am off to eat breakfast! Have a great day gals

-Aimee
Old 04-25-2005, 04:10 PM   #221  

hey all, ty for the great support, And you are so right. Wasn't able to walk today, so windy and cold would have been lucky to make it to the end of the street b4 turning back around, lol I HATE WIND...Only time it is great is kite flying and sailing , lol. So, tomorrow will be warmer, and I am going when I get back from Curves...So far, today this is all I ahve eaten:
Slimfast shake for Breakfast, and 2 C of coffee, no sugar
I glass of raspberry tea
1 Turkey sandwich on whole wheat with mustard and lowfat swiss,
60 oz of water so far
I C of raw veggies and dip with a small piece of meatloaf from yesterday's dinner
for dinner: Tossed salad with home made dressing ( vinegar, oil, water, and herbs)
1/2 of a tuna sandwich on whole wheat...
20 oz of water
That will be it
Doesn't sound too bad...
Well, am off, oh, and Jill, I forgot to mention about your BF and that freak thing. Wow, luckily he is okay, did someone throw something at his car? Geez, good thing you weren't in the passenger seat...
I am not exactly Casper, but not dark either. I have part Ottawa Indian in me ( My great Grandmother was ), but my parents are french and german too, so I guess that explains that. Rodney is french and Native American, so he goes outside one day and turns dark. I have to get burnt first...And I have had the tops of my feet burnt too. My cousins have a cabin in Muskegon MI, close to both Lake MI, and Silver lake, well, to get to Silver lake, you have to hop in Dune Buggies to get to it, and it is just beautiful, but the sand, WOWEEE gets very hot...I would love to take Rodney there someday he would have a blast.
well, am off have to throw some tuna salad together, HAG1...
Old 04-26-2005, 12:05 AM   #222  
Howie6267's Honey

Hope there wasn't another Charles McCoy shooting from overpasses. It was awful not knowing who was taking pot shots at cars.

Howie and I worked out tails off in the office and bedroom today, de-cluttering and reorganizing. And his mom came up and cleaned our living room for us! What a blessing...Many hands make light work (and light hearts). I still have some organizing to do and then need to dust and vacuum the office and bedroom, but it's all downhill from here.

Been on plan today, glad to be back to familiar food and plans! Made a *really* yummy salad for the three of us today...This is pretty close to the measurements, I think:

1/2 a medium red onion, finely diced
2 small mango fruits, diced coarsely
1 cup coarsely diced tomatoes (remove seeds and pulp first)
2 cups cucumbers, diced coarsely
1 whole jalapeno pepper, finely diced
2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped (or 2 Tbsp. cilantro paste from tube)

Just mix 'em all together. It is too spicy for me now that it's had several hours for the flavors and pepper oils to marry. Next time, I'm not including the pepper seeds or membrane!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:28 AM   #223  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well, it's that time again--entirely too early in the morning to function. My boss left a pile of papers on my chair, but I haven't got a clue what I'm supposed to do with them! I'll take my best stab at it and turn it around as quickly as possible, but she doesn't come in till about 10:30 usually, so I at least have to take my own stab at it. I also have a fact sheet (kinda like a q&a style brochure) to write up about Medicare's new diabetes screening benefits (how exciting). At least it'll be something to put in my portfolio for when I try to find a new job. I've already got one major publication under my belt (http://www.cms.hhs.gov/medlearn/psguid.pdf is the big one--just in case any of ya'll think I'm lazy because I'm always posting here in the morning from work ).

I was home about 9:15 last night. So nice! And I made a few dollars more than I would have if I were hostess until 11, so now I am a HUGE fan of serving over hostessing. I serve again tonight, so hopefully it'll be the same story (need the $$ for the new car payment). I think next week, I serve 3 nights and only hostess once. Perfect! Especially since I think she is keeping me as Thursday night hostess, which is the night the hostess makes the most $$ (they make less on weekends because they have to split it since there are 2 hosts on at a time, whereas I work alone on Thursday nights).

I had a problem yesterday in fitting all of my calories into my day. I didn't have time for dinner before work, so I didn't eat the mac n' cheese, apple, and chex mix I had packed. That's 300 calories out of my 1444-calorie day, which left me eating only 1144 for the whole day--not good. So even thought I wasn't hungry when I came home, I had a bowl of cereal. Should have been around 400 calories, which actually bossted me up to 1544 for the day, which probably closer to how much I actually should be eating. I find it SO easy not to overeat when I have to pack everything for the day, and I don't have time sitting at home to worry about grazing in the evenings (used to be a problem for me). I think I'm doing well this week--I hope Thursday morning's weigh-in shows some good results (I have even been working harder at the restaurant--running around more, wiping of more tables, etc.--since I haven't been going to the gym on account of my toe). I just neeeeeed to get below 300. In March of last year, I was about 275. How much damage can I do in a year...

Diana--yes, it all is entirely too complicated! Muscles weighs more than fat but takes up less space, so inches lost will be more than pounds lost blah blah blah...of course, I'd much rather lose inches than pounds any day, so rick on, girl! The inches lost is what makes the clothes look and feel better and gives you the confidence in knowing you look better and are healthier! Dang, if I were 300 pounds of muscles (as scary as that would be), I'd be a whole lot happier! (I also probably wouldn't have ANY boobs or hips--ever notice how manly those body-building women are on tv? ugh!)

Kimberley--I hate when I go to outlet stores only to find I still can't afford the stuff! I get all excited to go outlet shopping, and then I come home with like a new pair of socks cuz that's all I could afford
Marge--not quite 40s here, but still lowe 60s, which is still too cold for this time of year, especially when it was over 80 just a few weekends ago! I wish it would just pick something and run with it--either stay hot or cold for a while. This switching back and forth all the time thing has gotten pretty old! Growing up in CT, I was always told it was a New England thing, but now that I have also lived in southern PA, Virginia Beach, and here in Northern VA, I see it is not just a local fickle weather epidemic

Aimee--Hi! Shining sun and hot outside--I am jealous!

Where's our Heather been lately? Hope she's doing okay with everything.

Alright, time to do the innevitable--work! Have a Terrific Tuesday, Fabs!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:49 AM   #224  

LOL hey Jill~~~ When I shared a house a few years ago with a male dancer, he owned his own company ( like the Chippendales, even one of his dancers became one) and when I answered the phone i used to have to answer it lik "Action Dancing, can I help you?", LOL, which was fun living there as a 20 year old girl, especially when he had all the guys come for practice sessions, I LOVED that hehe...he had girl dancers too, but not my thing!...he wanted me to train to be a body builder, he thought I would be perfect for it, He also wanted me to join his group, but that is a whole other story, LOL..I do have a lot of muscle mass, so this is why most people do not think I weight as much as I do...DH calls me his Amazon temptress, LOL...WTG, I looked at the link, now we all know what you, do...very interesting...Well, am off, HAG1 All...gonna go do my first walk in over a month, if I walk from our house, around the other side of the loop and down the road to our town Hall and gazebo that is just over .6 of a mile, so I have to walk back right, LOL, that will be a good start and not so boring as doing to loops...
Old 04-26-2005, 09:58 AM   #225  
Never surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
Dang, if I were 300 pounds of muscles (as scary as that would be), I'd be a whole lot happier! (I also probably wouldn't have ANY boobs or hips--ever notice how manly those body-building women are on tv? ugh!)
I'm picturing Marge the linebacker, heh heh.

Marge - are we the same person? my god! I think I'm also 3 days late now. Except I tan --Aimee

If I were better dressed I'd almost think so! I have this spring scarf that I bought a couple of years ago that I was thinking of taking a pic of and asking you what I should wear it with. It's cute, but I can't seem to figure out what would work with it. BTW, I work for a criminal defense attorney if your mom ever does get "taken in" We're aiming for 70 today, it's cool and sunny.

I've been pondering making salmon with a mango salad like that. Rob's going to make spinach lasagna today, so maybe on the weekend. I might have to omit the fresh jalapenos, I like them, but my body doesn't. (that's what's known as too much information). Good for Howie, he must feel like a different person. I lost 100 lbs in high school, and the terrible thing is that I don't remember what that felt like! This time I'm doing it gradually so it doesn't feel dramatically different. I feel like I have more energy and stamina, but it doesn't strike me as dramatic. I still have a ways to go. We'll see.

Went to the gym this morning, upped the treadmill a little. I felt my pecs (one of the resistance machines I use is for pecs). Odd sensation!

Well, I actually have a lot of work to get done today. Hope I can stay awake for it. I'll be starting a new threat beginning May, if you all want me to change the name, just let me know. Something with fab in it? Fab fit ladies?

(PS I never doubted you worked hard, Jill!)
Closed Thread