Old 03-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #1  

Default Can anyone tell me where to belong?

I would like to join a group.
I am 41 from australia
I have lost 26 kilos on my own but would like to join a group to get extra support to help me lose maybe 20 more,anything else a bonus!
I would like to get to know a group of people who are losing weight and people who are doing it on their own.
Can anyone let me no what group to post under,thankyou.
aussiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya Aussiegal,
There are a lot of people here doing it on their own. Some follow particular diet plans but don't go to classes or weigh ins, some just modify their eating (as I do) and carry on with the support of the great people on this site.

The group I belong to - Around the world with friendly chicks - is a bunch of ladies doing their own thing - some exercise, some eat really well, some work the SBD or another plan, some are young, some are young at heart, some have health problems, one is pregnant, one in a wheelchair - although you would never know that she is disabled, some are not particularly dedicated at this time - we all whinge and moan about loss or lack thereof - but we welcome a new challenge and a new way of looking for things. Come and say hello if you wish. There are many other groups here, trying, struggling, working at it and also the journals if you wish to be accountable to hundreds. Check out the forum list and see if there is one you can live with. Good luck - you seem to have done very well so far. Well done.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:07 PM   #3  

Default Help...cAN ANYONE RECCOMEND ONE?

I still haven't found a support group....can anyone reccomend one........PLEASE!!!
aussiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:54 PM   #4  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Aussiegal, come join us over at Full Time Working Stiff. We have a great group of women who are all supportive of each other. Just jump in and introduce yourself. Lori, the one who started the original thread, keeps us all up to date and has an email list for more support when the site is down.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote