Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 06:09 PM   #46  
Member w/ messiest house

Sadly, sadly, no. I have been informed that I have to get up at the crack of um, midmorning, and go to a birthday dinner for DH's sister. I am dumbfounded -- these things are always on Sunday. Noon dinner on a Saturday. What is the world coming to?

And just to set the record straight, in case anyone was wondering, I will be definitely hoisting a few tonight -- we are going out to dinner with actual real life people that we know, and I will have a green beer in honor of yesterday's St. Patrick's Day, or a margie in honor of Bagz' Hot Mama Birthday (oh, yes you are), or something in between. Ahem, your balloons, my dear:

And a whole bundle of Happy Birthday wishes to you!

I would also like to point out that I did not have a boyfriend in first grade. My first boyfriend, of a sort, was in 4th grade and I still have the Kennedy half dollars he gave me. His name was Ronald Hess. Cute little red haired boy. Aww. Actually I had a crush on him, but his friend Brad who looked like a bulldog had a crush on me. It was a confusing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
so I stared at her my meanest stare and interrupted to say, Now that I know it offends you, I will not do it again. She said, good.
Woohoo, way to go, Cowpeach! Office standoff! My opinion is that you won, even if no one ever gets to cook in the office again. She's an old bat.

TPBM is already a little tipsy. Don't lie.

Kiwi
Old 03-18-2005, 11:05 PM   #47  
loves kleenex box art

I are not tipsy. I are p*ss*d. Could mean the same thing but doesn't.

I have nothing to say again. Stress makes me eat. I watched old Lone Ranger shows tonight. When I was young I had no fondness for the Ranger. Now, looking at him through mature eyes, I'm proud of that. What a sissy! Bad mask, bad acting, bad scripts. Tonto was cute. Tonto wore his hair in a bun. The Ranger time traveled and came up with a latex outfix for himself. IN the color episodes it was an unnatural shade of blue, sort of periwinkle on bad drugs.

TPBM thinks "with a hearty high ho Silver" is an embarrassing phrase.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:48 PM   #48  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

not embarassing---just dorky------------THANK YOU GIRLS FOR MY B-DAY WISHES AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO KIWONK FOR THE BALLOONS!' YOU GIRLS ARE THE BEST--SO DEPENDABLE AND LOVABLE-----------AHEM----PEACHERS-----WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY---AND OF COURSE YOUR BOSS IS A CLASS A -AAAAAA-------HOLE!!!! TBPM EATS MARSHMALLOWS IN HER HOT CHOCOLATE.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:49 PM   #49  
Member w/ messiest house

Apparently I was a little younger than you...

Overate at dinner tonight. So what else is new. Could not hear any of the conversation, mainly because thoughtful DH sat with his hand up to his face on my side while talking in the other direction. I said something once, then 5 minutes later he was doing it again. I gave up. I talked to the teenagers. Next time I'll just stay home.

TPBM would rather watch cartoons than the news.

Kiwi
Old 03-19-2005, 11:18 PM   #50  

False. Bought it at an outlet. Even though it was probably a size 14, my mother had a fit about how fat I was. Grrr.

I've been working on taxes. I'm crabby. I'd eat something sweet and buttery if it wasn't already all eaten. I'd go OUT and get something... but I'm lazy. So.

But I did read out side in the hammock (before and after falling out of it...) because Spring is here at least temporarily. And DH took me to buy an art table. Of course the taxes got me so wound up I didn't even think about painting.

I'm going to get a drink. Scotch this time. And knit. Hope I don't drop too many stitches.

TPBM pulls up seedlings AND weeds in her Spring Enthusiasm.

(Should we recruit someone from "down under" so we don't get complacent about the temperature?)
Old 03-20-2005, 07:56 AM   #51  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Bagzie is 48????? Why you old bat. Happy Birthday!
Wabby, I remember when I thought 25 was old.
Peaches...is there any such thing as a non-jerky boss? Your boss is nice/nasty....the worst kind.
Sugar...Wong? Poor Steve, it must be difficult for him not to have been the first.
Kiwi, I hate social events anymore. I prefer the kids' table, too.
Painty...eeeekkkk, I haven't started my taxes! I should get moving.
Everything is good here. I am so busy that I barely know what day it is. The play ends today. Then Dd gets her wisdom teeth done, then Easter, then senior trip, prom etc. DS is graduating from 8th grade this year. Just as busy...maybe more because we have to go to everything. Once they drive, we're pretty useless. DS has the May ceremony(remember DD as May queen?) There is no May king so I'm not as enthused. It is much cheaper because he only needs one suit as opposed to the 500 dresses she needed for 8th grade graduation.
There was a huge drug bust at DD's school this week. They lost 3% of the student body. Tuition accounts are paid by this time of year....so they went through the school with dogs. The play has been hard because you know what all those arty kids do...(except ours Kiwi).
I wish I had more to report. I miss you guys and I do look in sometimes...but all I do is drive now that both boys are teenagers.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:29 AM   #52  
loves kleenex box art

False, I pull up nothing.

True, I prefer cartoons.

I need a new definition of nasty/nice. Will someone supply one as we know Lahana won't be back for six months. We want her back but she's too busy driving. And cleaning eggshell-colored things.

My new puter is set up and I want you all to use a new email address. I'll send it or something. That will make it easier for you to use it.

I also wish Bagz a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I'm just too selfish to say it at the right time.

Bye. Kisses.

TPBM clips (and uses) coupons.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:36 PM   #53  
Member w/ messiest house

True, False, True and Sometimes. In no particular order.

Hi Lushieana. Sounds like you are just a tad busy these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
(Should we recruit someone from "down under" so we don't get complacent about the temperature?)
Yup, or you could just count on me to give you the arctic weather report: it was all of 39 degrees here yesterday. A heat wave! I'd put up a hammock, but I'm not sure I could rig it up higher than the snow drifts. And then, trying to get in it while wearing snowshoes; well, I don't think it's in the cards.

I've got to get dressed. Yeah, good idea.

Ta.

TPBM is about to pull her hair out from trying to get her computer to work.

Kiwi
Old 03-20-2005, 02:12 PM   #54  

False. Computer works great. It's me that's crashed.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Baggzz!

I said 30 minutes ago I was going to get some water. Hmph. I am still here and still fat and still dopey. (Went out for midnight breakfast with uncharacteristically flexible DH... Was fun... too much coffee... was up til 4. Oh, the joys of an empty nest. And angst about taxes. Still.

I love that you were all "on" this morning. Makes me feel less alone.
Hugs to all.
Off to the water.
Stay out of snow drifts and drug busts. (3% sounds like a lot, or you've got better police than here in Big D... where they actually busted lots of Mexicans with fake cocaine... it was all chalk, as I remember. Oh, no prejudice here. Nope. No siree.
Don't get me started.

Happy Birthday again, B-dear.

TPBM is wishing they had my computer AND my live in tech.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:55 PM   #55  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

you have a live in Tech!! cool---i will keep my untechy man though as he is trying to figure out the "simply accounting" program for the shop--------got some new cool soap today ---great scents---i love the handmade soap---so far i am selling lots of jewellery and lots of soap and coconut body "souffle"--it is so soft and silky!!!!----THANK YOU FOR ALL THE B-DAY WISHES---now i know that peachbag is next-----also-----SO GREAT TO HEAR FROM LUSHBAG----------we would like to know more ,like prom dress colour and style and the college hunt etc-----------AT LEAST POST ONCE A WEEK YOU OLE HAG!@!!!!-------TPBM is excited cause Desperate HOusewives should VINALLY be back on tonight!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:32 PM   #56  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh heck, I thought it was a rerun!

Is it hard to have all that cool stuff around in your shop and not bring one of everything home to try?

Later gators, got to checkout the Desperates

TPBM only watches PBS. heh heh.

Kiwi
Old 03-21-2005, 01:18 AM   #57  

False. I worked through prime time tonight... and usually my aforementioned computer geek oops, tech is watching the Sci/Fi channel. (Although he does watch the desperates.) Tonight I was doing paperwork. I feel SO virtuous. Out of touch, but virtuous! I wanted to watch the Jeff Foxworthy roast on the comedy channel!

Have you heard about Style channels craft program? apparently a sort of Reality Martha Stewart show. Dueling glue guns to solve problems... Our cable doesn't carry it... but I can imagine.

I'm off to bed. Read you in the morning.

TPBM isn't sure if she'd eat or slather on coconut souflee....
Old 03-21-2005, 07:50 AM   #58  
Member w/ messiest house

True! I had a piece of cake with coconut frosting last night and I think the soap sounds at least as good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
False. I worked through prime time tonight... and usually my aforementioned computer geek oops, tech is watching the Sci/Fi channel. (Although he does watch the desperates.) Tonight I was doing paperwork. I feel SO virtuous. Out of touch, but virtuous! I wanted to watch the Jeff Foxworthy roast on the comedy channel!
Ah, our DHs must have been separated at birth. Mine is both personal tech wizard and sci-fi channel geek.

Was that roast on last night? I thought tonight. But no matter, that is the sort of thing they will play over and over with glee.

The folks we went out to dinner with the other tonight started talking about that Blue Collar show on Comedy Central and they asked me "Oh, do you watch the Comedy Channel?" and I of course said I did, but they definitely seemed to be expecting me to say "why no, we watch nothing but PBS in our home..." Little do they know. DD and I watch little else but The Daily Show and King of the Hill. We are sooo highbrow. And of course DH and his very classy sci-fi. And I have an unnatural love for The Amazing Race.

Ah, I see you were right, the Jeff Foxworthy roast did start last night, but it's on twice tonight too.

Well, it's beffist time. Oatmeal and OJ for me.

TPBM is having cold pizza for breakfast.

Kiwi
Old 03-21-2005, 10:12 AM   #59  
loves kleenex box art

No, but I have in the past. Did y'all see that other show ...Wickendly Perfect .. with Bagz's favorite celeb, Joan Lunden??? It sounds the same .. some housewives and some gay guys and some people who considered themselves "professionals" all had to do crafts projects to compete against each other. doesn't it sound like the same show??? Agree with me.

My birthday is a week from today and I would like things to come in the mail. If each of you would drop by Bagz's show and make a small purchase for me, that would be perfect.

I have been sooooo deeeepressssed all weekend. Couldn't see straight depressed. A tiny bit better now.

TPBM likes lOOOOng necklaces that keep people from noticing her neck for a few minutes.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:25 AM   #60  

False.
I ATE all the pizza YESTERDAY. Really. Who has pizza left over? (Though when there is (miracle of miracles) any left over, I am perfectly happy with it cold).

The home town of King of the Hill is adjacent to my town. Scary isn't it. And there really ARE people with that mind set here.

Because it is early (ish) in my day, I don't have much to say. I'll check back later.

TPBM overslept.
Closed Thread