3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Over 50 and Getting Healthy #22 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/54469-over-50-getting-healthy-22-a.html)

SunnyD57 03-29-2005 08:07 AM

Oh my gosh, Charlotte! :o

I am so very sorry to hear of what happened to you and your station!! I just wanted to share with you right off, something my Joe told me the just other day... he said that we are in troubled times right now and if it seems that we are being attacked - it's because we are! When you are a servant of God (as you are!) there will be many threats from the devil and YOU are definitely being threaten by him! The devil knows that YOU are the threat - not him!! That's why all this is happening to you... I am so sorry that it is, but look at it as there is a battle going on here and "you are winning the WAR"... each time something happens and you dust yourself off and begin again. Therefore, the devil is throwing everything at you - much like Job. You will pull through this too and come out stronger. I'll send you some more angels to put on your desk ;) as long as YOU ARE OKAY!! That's all that matters to us... that you are okay!

You go to your grandchildren's pageant and enjoy... I know that they will contact you "when" you win ;) As far as I am concerned "YOU are already a WINNER!" I am so glad that nothing happened to you! Your friend was right - once you saw that door was opened at the station you should have made a bee-line out of there and placed a call (but I think I would have done the same thing you did, to be honest with you). I am just happy to hear you are okay. I don't blame you one bit for being all shook-up!!! It would stay with me for a long time too if it happened to me. Know that God is with you and that you are so loved, or the devil wouldn't be trying so hard! I am so glad you are okay...

{{{Huge Hugs}}}
:grouphug:
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 03-29-2005 08:23 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...IPTEDDIES1.gif

Hi Bonnie, It sounds like you had a lovely Easter too... I am sure counting my blessings after hearing what Charlotte just went through, you know...

You had nicer weather then we did! We had rain and temps just barely in the 40's... we are suppose to have some sunshine today :crossed: and warmer temps, but I am still waiting ;) My daffodil's are up about 4" :D So it won't be too long now before we see some color in the front garden :cp: And the weather-persons are calling for temps in the 60's tomorrow :o I anxiously await... ... :goodvibes

*A-Idol* is on tonight... who do you think will go next? I am just thrilled not to have to listen to Mikala again :smug:

Bonnie-2, I'm happy to see you stopped in again :) Did you happen to see my last post to you about Jazzercise?
I am so happy to hear that your Easter was grand also...

Diane, where are you these days :?: We miss you!

And Sheila... we KNOW what you are up to ;) Pop in when you can and give us an up-date :goodvibes

*~*~*

Time for me to go walk...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 03-29-2005 08:26 AM

Here's a little Angel for you, Charlotte ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...D57/Angel6.gif

Love you!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sheila53 03-29-2005 11:24 AM

Just wanted to say hello before I change into my painting clothes. Until we get moved in, I probably won't post too much, although when they refinish the wood floor, I'll have 48 hours of nothing to do while it dries. Oh, yeah, I do have to pack, don't I?

Oh, Charlotte, that was just horrible. The money being gone is one thing, but all that vandalism is so heartbreaking. Hope the police can catch the people who did that. And how exciting to be nominated for the award! I think keeping your promise is much more important, but wish you could do both.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bluet 03-29-2005 12:28 PM

Good Morning,

Oh Charlotte, I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you sweetie. We have had several break-ins here at work over the years, with a lot of equipment destroyed and cash taken from the petty-cash drawer . :( I know how you are feeling right now. The invasiveness of personal things is devestating. You will be allright, because you are a very strong person. Sunny's words put a new slant, on ones perspective. Her words even calmed me and reassured me that all will be o.k. What a good friend we have. Congraturlations on being chosen for the award, I have a feeling you will be selected hands-down. You take care, if you want me to call you just say so and I will. ;)

Sunny, it is soooooooo good to see you feeling better and up beat. That diet is really working for you...Yea!! I haven't thought about Idol, (I am really bumming again..darn) :( I think, and it is really hard to know right now, it seems pretty unpredictable, but possibly Anthony, Nikko and Constatine will be in the bottom three. I sure hope not, I want all of those guys to stay. I don't think Simon likes their talent though. I am going to vote for Anthony as many times as I can regardless. I am cheering up a little bit, looking forward to Idol tonight. So glad Mikala is gone. My oldest grandson mentioned Mikala last weekend. He said, my family doesn't like Mikala's talent much. I thought, oh poor Mikala, only 17 years old and there is not one person I know that wants her to stay. She really can't sing, but she is awfully smug for a 17 year old, I think that is what bothered me the most. You know "darn kids and all nowadays" ;) ;)

Sheila, good luck on your painting. Thank you for posting so we know how you are doing. Sounds like you new home is going to be fabulous!

Diane and Bonnie2, hope you are having a wonderful day. We are suppose to get to the 60's today with rain showers tomorrow and in the 50's. Hooray, Hooray, go away snow. :)

Love....Bluet

bon5000 03-29-2005 08:36 PM

sunny d , do you get any benefits being a registrar person at jazzercise?. What kind of equiptment do they have at jazz. there? I went tonite, I go 3 days a week. Bonnie2

Angel-lover 03-29-2005 09:24 PM

What did I ever do before I got to know all of you???? :) I love you all so much.....you almost made me cry. I've told you all so much that I've been through the last couple of years, that I get worried, sometimes, that you might think I'm making it all up!! I know it's hard for ME to believe, & I'm the one I'm telling about! :(
SunnyD (thank you for my angel....I took it!)...You're right. I believe the old devil knows he has a short time to work & he's trying to stop everyone from doing anything good that he can. That little TV station does a lot of people a lot of good. This shortage of money will hurt, but, it won't stop us! As far as the pretty's on our desks...we'll accumulate more. They are all gifts from viewers who come in to visit, so it's only a matter of time, until we'll have more! It just looked so personal toward me & Connie.....it hurt. Today was my off day, & I went to get my nails done & pay a couple of bills. I stopped by there coming back home & ended up staying until we did "Tennessee Valley" (our evening news, etc). I found Connie & Bro Jones just sitting in our office....disbelieving what had happened. My head has been hurting since I found it all yesterday...seems like something is just tearing at my brain! I told Connie I thought it was just my heart was broken. She said she felt the same way. They live in a trailer by the station. Bro Jones goes on missionary trips to Mexico a lot, & now she's afraid to be by herself. I told her she wouldn't have to be, I'd stay with her when he was gone.
Talking about Job....I/we can take it....but, I keep remembering that Job also lost his kids. :( Surely this isn't going to get any worse. Help me pray...I don't want to get paranoid about this. I do want His hedge of protection around us.
Bluet...that was so sweet of you to offer to call me. Be careful what you ask, I'm easily spoiled! :D I was thinking the other day about having Randal (our AV Engineer) tape one of the "Tennessee Valley Now" programs & one of my "Vision of Heaven" programs, so I could send it to you all, just to give you an idea of what I did. Then I thought of my singing not being that great! :lol: But, it might be an idea to tape a little of each of us & send to all, so we could see each other & hear our accents! :D I've been wanting to hear SunnyD & Joe sing for awhile now! Does everyone have a video camera? I think I have a good idea!!!!!!! I think I want to lose 20 lbs, first, though. :lol: Might not should wait for that....I may never lose it. :^: Hey....I'm cheering myself up!!! :D
Hi Sheila...My daughter is insisting on me going to the Chamber of Commerce banquet. Now....we're fighting over it! I tried to keep it from her, but she found out. Although I'm highly honored that I was nominated...I don't think I'd be enjoying myself knowing the pageant was going on. Also, the youngest just lost cheerleading. I think my place is with them. I'll get my reward!
Enjoy that painting, friend.
Bonnie-2...Glad you had a good Easter. Thanks for caring for us & the break-in. Maybe I won't have to "vent" at 3am tomorrow morning! :^: I'm really feeling my lack of sleep.....
Talk to all of you later. Love you all soooooo much!!!!!!

SunnyD57 03-30-2005 11:55 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ensHolland.jpg
GOOD MORNING! (almost afternoon :o )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...UTTERFLY02.gif Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte... yes... Job lost his children, but I was speaking of all the *trials* he went through not *what* he went through, silly ;) You are not *Job* and are not in biblical times, so your trials will be uniquely your own for this day ~ but you have gone through MANY trials. That's why I mentioned Job ;) You will not lose your dear children... :no: I will pray that hedge of protection around 'them' and 'you' each morning in hopes that your trials will lessen as the days pass, okay. I will also keep Bro. Jones (for a safe trip) and his wife (for her peace of mind) in my prayers.

And don't you (or Connie) worry... your desktop's will fill up again with precious gifts --- you'll see ;)

As for our music... I have a CD of us I will be glad to send your way. In fact, I will mail one to you, to Bluet & to Sheila next week. I think you just might like our sound.

Bonnie-2, Nope, I didn't get paid to work at Jazzercise as a Registrar... we got free things (like tee-shirts, sweat-shirts, water containers, etc.) and free classes for our pay. I was with them for 17 years (worked for them for 15yrs). I still have the exercise ball & wts. I used there and use them at home. I don't go there any more (quit about 6 years ago), so I do not know what they use today for equipment... I believe they still use the balls, steps and some weights - depending on the type of Jazzercise class you go to. Jazzercise has branched off from just the aerobics classes. Glad to hear you like it there.

Bluet, Yes... it is great to feel well again :lol: I saw *A-Idol* last night and I think that Anthony may go - even though I like him. I would like to see Nikko or Constantine go... but the judges liked them last night... hummmm :chin: it will be interesting to see who goes tonight. It's really a hard call because you just never know what the mood of the public might be in voting someone off, you know. I didn't think that Bo or Anwar were as good as usual either. But I enjoyed Carrie allot!!! She was my pick from the auditions :cp:

I will continue to hold you close in prayer that you feel better! Especially as the sun shines more these days, the sun makes everything feel brighter :sunny: Feel better, okay... Bonnie... :angel: :goodvibes

Sheila, I'm so glad to see you pop in... you are one very busy gal these days :faint: You know... if I lived closer I'd be over to lend a hand in a heartbeat, even though I don't care for painting. I do plan to do some painting in our home this year too... I really want to paint my kitchen walls butter yellow --- it's just such a cheerful color.

What are the colors in your lampshade that you went with? I hope I didn't upset you with sharing about the color of your home... are you upset with me, Sheila? :sorry: I'm sorry if I did... I really don't mind the color -brick red- just not for a house is all --- it reminds me of the color of barns I guess, but your home is really nice when you look past that. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings :crossed: I hate the thought that I would hurt any of you...

Hope you are having a great day!!!

*~*~*

Did I mention that I got in 1.50 miles in yesterday on my T-Mill? I haven't walked yet today... gonna though... In fact, it's time for me to get something done today :o Take Care Gals...

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Angel-lover 03-30-2005 09:29 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...lwednesday.gif

Hi everyone...

SunnyD....I knew what you meant about the trials of Job. I guess I was just thinking out loud. I had been talking to DH about feeling like Job, & that it almost scared me, because of the kids. It seemed we were going to lose everything we had...health & all. So all we'd have left were our kids....so, kind of scarey. I know it's not the biblical days....& I sure hope we don't have to go through all he did....but you know, just like the policemen were saying...things are getting bad. It's like so many people have disrespect & no care about them. My trials aren't any more important or worse than any one else's, but they sure are heavy at times. I went back & read your post of what Joe had said to you about troubled times. As the police told me....this is all just beginning. Thanks for your prayers, dear friend. Looking forward to the CD! Thanks. :)
I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Hi Sheila....don't overdo now. From what you've said about your neck problems, you could probably hurt it pretty easily. I'm finding my electric blanket helps me a lot at night. Only thing, the weather is getting warmer, now.........

Bluet...I hope you're having a peaceful week at work. Hope OB is leaving you alone. Just two more days!

Hi Bonnie-2...Hope you're ok today.

I'm tired....going to go for tonight. Hugs to all of you!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...Lover/hugs.gif

bon5000 03-31-2005 06:31 AM

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=7][COLOR=Magenta]
good morning.
got up to 60 here yesterday, got in a 2 mile walk. picked up cans & bottles on my walk. here in Mi. 10 cents each . .60 cents in change bank.What is the key for cents & degrees. anyone help me there. not the most experienced at typing.
started my day with raisin bran & p.butter toast
Everyone have a great day Bonnie2

SunnyD57 03-31-2005 09:05 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...terFlowers.jpg
*Good Morning Gals!*

Hi Bonnie-2, You almost got the Font & Size & Color to work for you... the beginning is correct you just forgot to add to the end of your post the same thing, but with this symbol [/ at the start of each... and you may not want the size to be 7 - that's pretty big... maybe 3 or 4. As for cents I just write cents or use a small c and degrees is on the #8 key (example: *) just use the Shift ;)

Sounds like you had a great start to your day with that breakfast :T I had my 8oz. of Very Veggie juice and fiber @ 6:30am (a must for me) and then at 9:30am I will have scrambled eggs with 1/2-C of cooked Old Fashioned Oats and 1-C of fresh blueberries added to it for my breakfast. I hope you have a great day!

I'm glad we got that all cleared up, Angel ;) I have lifted you up in prayer this morning along with your friends at the station. Here is something I though you could latch on to today to put your mind at rest.

Those who go to God Most High for safety will be protected by God All-Powerful. I will say to the Lord, "You are my place of safety and protection. You are my God, I trust you."
Psalm 91:1 & 2

I do hope and pray that you have a better day today... I found another Angel for you ;) She's appropriate for the reading I left you, don't you think so :^:

Hi Bluet! Did you see *A-Idol* last night... Jesisca Sierra got voted off. I really thought that Anthony would - but I hear allot of 9 and 10 year old kids think he's cute and are voting to keep him on... too funny :smug:

:wave: Hi Sheila!
Hi Diane!:wave:

*~*~*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...unnyDaySig.gif

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

bon5000 03-31-2005 09:17 PM

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=Magenta][/

SunnyD57 03-31-2005 09:20 PM

Hi Bonnie-2, Here is a LINK that will help explain everything to you.

Just click on this link I give you here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bluet 03-31-2005 11:14 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just a note to let you know I am ok, but depressed. Had a rough work week so far. Not the OB, but the owner. Oh my gosh, and the beat goes on.

I am going to be very busy the next few days. My DH's siblings and spouses and I are going to wash walls and paint the walls at my dear MIL's duplex. Tell you more about it later.

Sunday grandson next door is having his First Communion so, if you don't hear from me don't worry. I'll be back.

Charlotte, we are so lucky to have each other, you are so right. Thanks for the love. Hope you are ok and things are looking brighter. Oh by the way, I don't think those ruffians we aiming for you and Connie, I think they just firgured the money was in your office some place. Also, I think you video idea is super. I would love to hear you sing something. :)

Sunny, can't wait to get your CD, I am so excited. Idol.....Scott should have gone, based on performance, Simon was right. I would have liked to see Jessica stay around for awhile. I am shocked that Nadia does not have a bigger fan base. Survivor.....I feel so sorry for the tribe that keeps losing, I guess they are going to have to merge now, since Bobby Joe and Steph can only vote against each other. That Colby is so entertaining. What a hoot. CSI definately had a new twist tonight, who would have thought that they were all working the same case. Good job on your walking. :D

Sheila, are you paint head to toe? Hope all is going well.

Bonnie2, Keep trying. 60 degrees! We haven't had that warm of temps yet. 99% of the snow is gone though. :cool:

Diane, hope you are doing well too. Don't forget about us.

Love...Bluet

Angel-lover 04-01-2005 10:40 AM

Hi everybody,
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I spent most of the day trying to find a way to burn my pictures on to a CD. I'm suppose to have a CD burner, but, kept getting the message that it couldn't find the CD-R driver! :( I did an extensive search for free downloads for burning pics. I could find a lot for audio........
I went to the beauty pageant last night. :) My 3 girls were BEAUTIFUL!!!! The middle one (Jessica) got 2nd alternate out of about 15 girls...so that's good. The other 2 didn't place (but, SHOULD HAVE!)...at least in my opinion! They were ok about it.

I haven't heard the results of the award banquet....probably would have if I had won. One of the camera men (Bobby) was asked by the Chamber to film it, so he said he would make a copy of the tape for me to have....they were going to give lots of recognition to all the nominees. At least, I'll see how it was. I admit I was a little "down" yesterday & even shed a few tears(that no one here will ever know about). I'll be posting some beautiful pics in a couple of days for you all to see. :D

SunnyD...what a beautiful angel!! Thank you. :) We are working out a new system at the station, so people won't know so much of the "business" part. A lady that helps in the studio (Marilyn) presented me & Connie with a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers during "Tennessee Valley Now" yesterday. That was so sweet of her! She said it would make our desk look a little better & cheer us up. It did JUST THAT! :D Thank you, also, for the verse.

Bluet...I'm sorry you're depressed.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...throwingxs.gifI love you, friend. I can call YOU, too, you know! :D Hope all goes well with the communion!
I hope the intruders weren't aiming for me & Connie....but, everyone knows I collect angels & she collects lighthouses. Those kinds of things were broken. They had to go in between roll-a-dex, phone, adding machine, etc to get to those things. Also, some of my things were actually stomped on! It's ok. Not everyone is going to love us, it would be nice, but not going to happen. Everyone also know we are close friends. I may go ahead with the video idea, if I get up the nerve. I don't know if I want you all to hear how I sing....I have tapes out, but I'm not a professional.
Please take care of yourself.

Bonnie-2...Bless your heart. Just put the [....] at the beginning of the post, and the [/....] at the end of the post. Just need the / at the end...that / means to stop! I know it's not easy when you're first learning. When I bought my computer 3 yrs ago, I didn't even know how to turn it on. I didn't have anyone to teach me any of this, so learned by trial & error....so keep trying....you're getting close. I'm on another thread that a lady had a very hard time learning. Now, she posts better than I do, & more beautiful graphics than I can find!!!! Not fair when they get better than the teacher! :lol:

Sheila... stop painting long enough to post! Love ya........
Yes........hi to Diane.......

SunnyD57 04-01-2005 12:32 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...FDragonfly.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ing20ahead.gif

I'll be back later to post, if I am able...
{{{hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sheila53 04-01-2005 01:38 PM

SunnyD, sounds like you and Joe had a relaxing Easter after church and a whirlwind couple of weeks. I'm glad the program went so well. Hey, I'm in total agreement about brick red. Yellow with white trim sounds good for a house, but I'm not sure about this particular house. Since painting it is far in the future, I'll have time to think about the color. So where are these photos??? :) And I can't wait to get the CD--how wonderful you are for doing that!!

Charlotte, although the vandals only broke your stuff and your friend's stuff, I don't think it was a targeted attack. I think it was just easy to break little things in the back where nobody could hear them. They're cowards and I bet they knew that stuff was personal and you'd be upset more about that than other things that belonged to the station (although of course you'd be upset about that, too!). I sure hope they catch those horrible people. Yes, you DO want us to hear you sing!! Please, oh, please! The tape idea is wonderful!

I'm so glad you went to the pageant, although I can understand how hard it was not to be at the awards dinner. Your granddaughters will cherish this, and you've set such a good example about keeping promises even when something else comes up.

Bluet, sorry you had such a horrible week at work. When can you retire? I bet you're counting the days. Is your MIL moving, or are you just helping her with some spring cleaning? Sounds like you've got a lot going on this weekend. Hey, I finally got Potatoes, not Prozac, but I haven't had much of a chance to read it. The floor refinishers are at the house today so we won't be doing too much in the next few days and maybe I'll have a chance to read it then. Glad to hear that most of the snow is gone. Hopefully since it's April 1 there won't be another snow storm again until, well, next January?? :)

Bonnie2, you'll get the hang of graphics, etc. soon, with all the help from these wonderful ladies. I'm too lazy to learn how to post much of anything else so I admire you for trying. How is Jazzercise going for you? Are you going to be a registrar, too? 60 degrees--lucky you! Are your trees and flowers blooming?

So I'm stiff and sore and I told my DH to schedule my knee replacement for the near future. I spent four hours pulling up tack strips and staples out of the hardwood floors so the floor guys could start refinishing today. Tell me your DH doesn't do that on a daily basis, Charlotte! We could save a little money on the carpeting if we pull up the carpet and remove the staples, but after yesterday--no way!! I'll pay full price and have everything done.

Had to hire someone to finish removing the wallpaper, and what he's actually going to do is re-do the walls because the wallpaper wasn't put on correctly. So far we've painted the dining room, living room, hall, master bedroom, and three walls in the office plus we've painted the casings around the linen closets in the hall, and I've primed the linen closet doors and some drawer fronts. I have to mess with the one office wall where I removed wallpaper, and then I'm going to paint it an "accent" color. After the floors are done, and the wall guy does his thing, then we'll paint the guest bedroom (and I'm scrapping the two-tone look because I'm too tired!) and the two bathrooms. We're painting the family room and priming the kitchen this weekend because we don't have to walk over the newly refinished floors to do that.

So that's what I've been doing. And I want to abdicate my role as a parent. Oh, my, it's tough when your recently married youngest calls from across the country with marital problems. I'm glad she feels she can talk to me about stuff, but it's so stressful, and I've got enough stress with the house and the potential layoffs. Right now we're waiting for the FedEx truck to stop by our apartment (that's how HP is notifying people). Every time I hear a truck, I look out the window. Gonna be a long day. . .

Sheila53 04-01-2005 08:12 PM

Well, my DH is one of the "chosen." :( He has until the third week in April to decide whether or not he wants to take the money and run. The question is, where does an almost 54 year old man run to? He's had two phone interviews, and another scheduled for next week plus he had to fill out some information on another job. He can always decide to stay where he is and hope that enough people take the voluntary severance package so that he won't get laid off, but that's sure a roll of the dice. However, his high-up manager said that she doesn't want any of the developers leaving the one area of the company that is making money. If they persist in this brain drain, then they may have cut costs, but they'll have a lousy product.

What to do, what to do.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! The floor guy said the stench of the floor would drive us out plus he doesn't want any drafts on the floor so we're staying away until Monday. I think we need a nice, relaxing weekend right now.

bon5000 04-02-2005 06:45 AM

Good morning all
Sunny d how & where do you get all your great graphics? I enjoy them.
I don't plan on being a jazz. registrar, just was curious as to the benefits.
I go to town for groceries On saturdays. We are babysitting 1 granddaughter tonite for a few hours while they go out. Jenna is just 1 yr. old .
Made french toast for breakfast. Nice change as I had the time with no weekend work. dh & I have a business together, have had it for 30 yrs.
I better get my day started. :coffee: [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]/

candlelady4 04-02-2005 07:35 AM

Good Saturday Morning

Goodness gracious I have missed you girls. I am so far behind on the post so I am going to just send some hugs from Texas to all.

I hope everybody is doing fine.

Sheila sorry to hear about DH, I will keep him in my prayers. Everything always works out when we think it won't so just hang in there. You have been one busy woman. I can't believe you can even move. I know the house is looking so good, I am very happy for you.

Charlotte I am so very sorry to hear about the break in. It is unbelievable to me that anyone would want to destroy another persons property, especially one that is doing so many people such good. It is getting really scary how the world is getting, so many mean people. Congrats on your nomination, way to go girl. I hope you are feeling so much better.

Bluet it is the week end, I know you are so glad. I am sorry you have such bad times at work, been there and done that. It makes life so miserable, I used to try so hard to not let it get to me but could never do it.

Hi Bonnie hope you are having a good day.

Sunny how are you feeling sweetie?

There hasn't been much going on here just staying busy with Bradley and I mean busy!! Just ten more weeks and the baby will be here, so hard to believe the time has gone by this fast. Man oh man I am going to have my hands full. :dizzy:

We got quiet a shock on Easter morning. We woke up to snow!!! It hardly ever snows here so it was quite a shock, it didnt last long but was beautiful while it lasted.

I don't have much going on today just need to go to Wal-Mart to pick up some much needed groceries. :( Then guess I will veg out the rest of the day. I have been seriously trying to lose some weight, I was put on Lexapro for depression a few weeks ago and my weight jumped up, so don't know what to do. :?: I have a appt. Wed. at Dr. so will discuss it then. I do not want to take something though that puts weight on you. My daughter went on it and she gained 30 lbs. very quickly and then she got pregnant and went off and lost weight.

I will try and check back more often sure did miss you girls.

Hugs, Diane

SunnyD57 04-02-2005 04:10 PM

Sheeeeeilaaaaa??? Here are the pictures...

SunnyD57 04-02-2005 04:15 PM

Easter Gift from my Joe

This the Teapot Joe bought me for Easter...
aren't the colors just beautiful!
It's hand painted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...asterGift1.jpg

The tea cup is one I had in my collection:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...asterGift2.jpg

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 04-02-2005 04:27 PM

A Happy Camper!

Joe standing next to his new 2005 Work-van :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...andNewVan2.jpg

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 04-02-2005 04:28 PM

Weather???!!!

Sunrise on March 30th ~ Beautiful... NO SNOW:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...seC3-30-05.jpg

TODAY! SNOW!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Snow4-2-05.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tures/Snow.jpg

I believe that Alabama got hit hard with this same system and had to deal with floods... but here in NE, Ohio --- we got SNOW :faint: It's darn-right yucky out there! Cancelled all our shopping plans for today... it doesn't look like it but we got around 4 inches. Joe is in the living-room playing with his DVD Recorder and I thought I'd catch up with you gals :)

Be back...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

bon5000 04-02-2005 07:28 PM

[....]testing[FONT=Impact][SIZE=3][COLOR=Purple][/....]/

bon5000 04-02-2005 07:28 PM

done trying

Angel-lover 04-03-2005 09:36 PM

Oh Bonnie-2....don't stop now....you're almost there! You had it right for the beginning of the post.......then do your posting.........then do the work with the / at the end...& you'd have it!!
An easier way, though.....HIGHLIGHT your whole post.....then go to the top where you see [Font] & click the "down arrow" & click the font you want. It'll put in those things for you. :D Do the same with "size", "color", B,etc.
If you want to center something, HIGHLIGHT what you want centered, then click on the center of those lines....or there's a left and a right. Keep trying, you'll get it!!!! If you put your curser over them, a description will come up telling you what each thing does.

SunnyD...Beautiful pics!! I think I like the bunny over the window the best! He looks like I feel. :lol: SNOW!!! That's not fair!!!! We only had storms & rain & a little hail!

Candlelady...so good to hear from you! I know you must stay tired. Please take care of yourself. Everything will be ok at the station. Thanks for the kind words of the nomination. It was an honor. I didn't win the award, though. A guy that runs the mission in town got it. A lot of people are saying he should have won an award, but under another catagory....it's not volunteer work catagory. I don't know. I do know he's a nice guy & works hard. He's very deserving. I was pretty sure I wouldn't get it, since I didn't go. I made the right decision, though. As Sheila said, my granddaughters know I keep my word. :D

Sheila...I am soooo sorry about your DH's work situation. I'll pray hard for everything to be alright. I'm sure it will be.
My DH does all of those things with the floors, plus a lot more! You just wouldn't believe it! He's on a very large hardwood job, now. It's take several weeks. Someone is building another large house across from it, & is thinking of DH for that job. That's how he gets most of his work. People see the work he does....he puts his best into all he does for his customers, & it shows. (no brag, just facts. :lol: )
I'm thinking about that tape. I may just send you all the soundtrack I recorded instead.....gotta think about it. I've improved my singing since then, though (I hope! :^: ) I've spent most of today running off copies to send to people who wants one. I had ran out....didn't think I'd need anymore.

I'm tired.....this time change has me all mixed up. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../all_21692.gif

SunnyD57 04-04-2005 09:25 AM

What an exhausting weekend we had!

Okay gals...

This picture is the one I posted earlier
when we had about 4 inches on the ground:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Snow4-2-05.jpg

This one as you can clearly see (look at the base of the tree) that
we have gotten allot more! All together 15" :o
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../MoreSnowA.jpg

Look at my poor garden :faint: it was greening up! :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../MoreSnowB.jpg

*~*~*

The reason I didn't come back to post was that we lost our electric for about 16 hours and had no sleep at all Saturday night (the time change was hard on us both!) - it got so cold! We dug out our kerosine heater and lit that and it brought the temps in here up to 63* and held steady... thank goodness. And we have a gas stove, so no problems there - I was still able to cook meals, just lit the burners with a match instead. And we had our radio...

Joe had to be at church by 8:00 to direct and I couldn't leave the house with the heater lit, so I decided to go shovel snow for him. I was outside for all of 10 minutes when my left foot sunk into the very wet and heavy snow and twisted! I shoved snow into my shoe & finished the job - took me about an hour. I didn't think it was all that bad of a sprain... well, guess what gals! I am wearing an air-cast for 10 days! It was bad! I was crawling on the floor last night... so off to the Dr's I went. It felt really bad last night, but it doesn't feel too bad this morning, using the air-cast. I even got in my exercise - I just used the Elliptical instead of the T-Mill - less stress on my feet.

Whew! :faint: Am I glad that this weekend is over!! I pray that the snow storms will be too! Today we have a clear, sunny, blue sky day! Beautiful!! :sunny:

Okay... I am going to go grab a bite to eat and then
I WILL be back to post to all...

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bluet 04-04-2005 10:03 AM

Hey Sunny Girl,

What were you thinking? Just kept shoveling, Huh? Man if we got 14" of that wet stuff, I'd be so MAD!

Well, one busy weekend down and one more to go. I'll be back later to post to all of you. Have to put in the billing right now. I am exhausted. See you later.

Bluet

Angel-lover 04-04-2005 10:34 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ngwellbear.gif

Oh SunnyD....I'm soooo sorry!! You poor thing, with it sprung. Isn't that what happened before? Or was it something else? I know it must be so frustrating. You shouldn't have kept shoveling that snow (that you won't share with me!!!!!!!). Next time something like that happens, you get yourself back into that house, girl, & put your foot up! I'm sure Joe let you have his opinion, also, when he got home. It's hard to watch our DH's carry on so much of the work, though, I know. I was trying to figure out how I could climb the ladder last weekend to help DH. The felt paper kept falling off the roof when he would get it rolled out! When I suggested the idea to DH, he just laughed at me! At least I wanted to help.

Bluet...........OMG! I forgot to post to you........please forgive me.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...0103lv_prv.gif I suppose I thought I did, because of my posting to bonnie-2. I've got to get used to the idea of 2 bonnie's! I'm glad of it, but I made that mistake.
Sorry you're working so hard....take care.
You'd be proud of me. NO DOUGHNUT this morning!!!! I decided to try to cut out sugar! If I don't start helping myself, this RA will get worse. Can't hurt the weight issue either. I have a whole box of Dunkin' doughnuts to throw out, though.....too tempting! I've drunk about a gallon of coffee this morning! (no caffeine).

Hi to everyone.......if you don't hear from me for a little while. Bro Jones is gone to Louisanna, to pick up a safe that was donated to the station & I may stay with Connie, so she won't be afraid. They live in a trailer in the yard of the station & the alarm system isn't installed yet.
Love you all.......
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...0five/ROSE.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...0six/29851.gif

Sheila53 04-04-2005 12:20 PM

Good morning!!

Bonnie2, like Charlotte said, don't give up! You've almost got it, and it will be so fun when you do. So did you get dumped on, too, by that snowstorm?

SunnyD, I was thinking about you when I heard on the news about snow in Ohio. I think the news said that this winter that the Cleveland area has gotten 104 inches of snow. Yikes! And our ski slopes here were hardly open this year. I'm so sorry about your foot. Charlotte's right--you should have quit shoveling! Smart to stick snow in your boot, though, to help with the swelling. Absolutely love your Easter decorations, and the new tea set is gorgeous. Your Joe has excellent taste, or did you pick it out ahead of time?

Candlelady, great to see you back. We've been wondering about you. So only 10 more weeks. Do you get to be there to watch your new GK come into the world, or are you babysitting? You know it will happen at 3:00 am, right? :) You got snow! Charlotte is going to be so jealous. Is there another antidepressant that doesn't cause weight gain? Something to discuss with the doctor, I guess.

Bluet, weekends are supposed to be for resting! Looking forward to hearing about yours, which I know wasn't restful at all.

My weekend was, of course, filled with worry. We've gone over all possible options. On a brighter note, it appears that everyone in the lab where my DH works was offered the incentive to quit so he wasn't singled out. Since the lab has more work than they can handle, if he doesn't get a good job offer (which includes letting us stay where we are!), we think we'll just ride it out and see what happens. DH has been busy sending off resumes and trying to network, though. He even sent a resume to Norway. He was there a couple of years ago working with some people, and they always seem to need computer geeks. Can you imagine me, the snow hater, ending up in Norway? :lol: And he applied to a place in Lexington, Kentucky. Do they get snow?

It's after 9:00 am and I'm still in my robe. I need to get dressed and get over to the house. Looking forward to seeing what the new floor looks like. Oh, it appears we have to move in prior to the carpets being laid. I was hoping to avoid that, but we can work around it.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

bon5000 04-04-2005 04:54 PM

No we didn't get the snow. We have sun today & 55* Jazz. tonite Bonnie2

SunnyD57 04-04-2005 05:28 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Animation3.gif

Hi Sheila, the snow flakes were huge & so wet... so it was good packing snow, but what a mess on the roads and in driveways and parking lots. Yes, Cleveland broke a record of 105.3" for the year --- but here in NE, Ohio (one hour EAST of Cleveland and much closer to the Lake!) we broke that # weeks ago! I would have preferred not to, if you know what I mean... Norway!!!!! :o I don't know what they get in Kentucky... anyone here know? But Norway!!???!!! I heard it's beautiful there, but they get snow... lots of snow :o

As far as the teapot, Joe saw me looking at it when we went shopping at the Mustard Seed grocery store - there's a section of handmade things for sale just as we walk in the store, he went back to get it. So it was something he did all on his own. He's finally getting it ;) :lol: The tea cup and saucer is mine from a collection I have and it matched beautifully, so I just put them together.

I bet you ARE one sore lady! After all that work in the new house... I know I would be too. I bet that even if you don't see weight come off that you are definitely toning up some muscles :smug: I cannot wait to see some pictures of it after you have finished. So you have to move in before you lay the carpets? Why? Because of the apartment... time running out? It will all work out, I'm sure. So much is happening so fast, I just bet that you feel like stepping out of yourself at times just so you can catch up :dizzy:

I am so sorry to hear about your hubby and his job. Is it forced retirement? Will he make anything after he goes, or is this it - more like bye, see ya... I will do everything I can in prayer for your dear hubby in that he will find another job real soon, okay... Sheila. Do you think that the quality of HP will change with all of this happening? Would you still buy an HP product? Don't they know that they are biting their noses off to spite their face when they get rid of people like your hubby who is skilled in their work & so good for the company! I think that the heads of these companies that make these changes have their heads in the dark --- you know... up their butts :o It just bothers the crap out of me when I hear of lay-offs or forced early retirement of people that want to work and have such talent. I hope he knows that it has nothing to do with his work... quality doesn't seem to be of importance to companies anymore. Use to be a time when something was made to last - now they are made so that in a few short months you have to buy another :headache: :dz:

Sheila... your DD is already having marriage problems :( I hope it's nothing too serious! Just some *new marriage* adjustments.

Hi Angel, thank-you so much for your concerns :goodvibes ... good memory! Yes, I have sprained my ankle before, but it was my right ankle that took a real bad sprain - I was in an air-cast for a month with that one. I just have such weak ankles! The Dr. suggested that I wear ankle wraps (they look like a sock) overtime I do any form of exercise... just to give me added support. I just have such weak ankles. He did give me some exercises to do after this heals to help build up some muscle strength in that area. I have now sprained both my ankles several times over :dz: So I think that the wraps are a great idea... I just have to remember to do it! :dizzy: :p Yup, Joe was very concerned for me, but didn't scold me at all this time :smug: he knew I was trying to help, cuz the last time it snowed he was so upset with having to shovel the snow... I just didn't want him to be upset again and wanted to help... he does so much He was so tickled that I did it and was so surprised (all before he knew I had hurt myself). He gave me an nice aspirin rub after he found out that I had hurt myself... he's a great guy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...-congrats1.gif again on your nomination... I think that is quite an honor all by itself... many do volunteer work that never gets noticed, much less mentioned --- it's nice to be noticed even though you have never called for that kind of attention. Keep up the great work :angel:

Oh... believe me Charlotte... you wouldn't want this amount of snow. I know your hubby wouldn't. It has been a tough year on my hubby this year! This snow and winter weather has worn him down!! He is loving this sunny day we are having today :) He is talking about taking off tomorrow just to enjoy it... suppose to be sunny & go into the 60's again. He's so looking forward to warmer weather and working in our gardens again, it's his favorite thing to do when he comes home at night and on the weekends - gardening. I saw on the weather channel that some areas of Alabama had gone through major flooding after your storm - guess it wasn't around your area, thank goodness. My folks live in Maine and they got allot of rain also... not a stitch of snow. Strange, huh... you would think that they would have gotten the snow too :dizzy:

:cp: :dance: WooHoo on *NO DONUT* this morning!!! :dance: :cp: I remember how hard that was for me that first few days; then by the third or fourth day I didn't even miss it. I am praying for you! Maybe if you eat a bit a fruit when you get that craving it would help you through it. You may have withdrawal headaches, but don't caved - they'll go away. Good for you :cp:

I enjoyed hearing about your granddaughters pageant... I bet that they were so happy to have you there! Children remember forever when you take time for them... even if they don't tell you so, they do remember. You are a good friend Charlotte... I am sure that Connie will enjoy your company. Take Care!

I would love a tape of you singing! Send me one... pleazzze ;) I will get out the CD's this week... hopefully by Wednesday, okay ;)

Hi Bluet, Sounds like you had quite a weekend too!! :o You must come back soon and tell us all about it!!

You said the snow would make you so angry... well, that's what I was trying to prevent with Joe - he gets so upset with the snow and we had 15" this time around :o and he had so much to do already Sunday morning... so I was determined to do it for him & did :D The snow I tucked into my boot really helped it I think! It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. I am getting around today pretty good.

Hi Diane! Looks like you have a pattern here ;) Weekend posts... well that's just fine with me :smug: at least we know you will be able to pop in on the weekends, so we know how you are doing :D :bubbles: That's cool :cool: I think that if I lived in SUNNY Texas I would be outdoors allot more and not on the computer till nights or weekends too.

I have been feeling great! Thank-you... no complaints as far as the IBS go. Now I just have to heal up this sprained ankle :p How's that Lexapro working for you?? I do hope that you are feeling better. I just read in an article about depression and anxiety attacks and this gal was put on two types of meds to help her. They were Xanax and Paxil. She stated in the article that she is like a new person and is feeling so much better. Didn't mention anything about wt. gain. I do hope you are feeling better :goodvibes Maybe you ought to do what I am doing and just concentrate on your health and improving that right now. The weight is secondary ;)

Bonnie2, I am so sorry that you are so frustrated with the font, color and such. Did you click on the link I left you? It explains it all there :^: Maybe if you have a son, daughter, grandchild, or neighbor who can help you understand the directions I left you. I am glad to hear you like the graphics, but until you get this down I am afraid that the graphics may only cause more confusion for you. Let's go for one thing at a time, okay. Don't give up! You are almost there!! ;)

*~*~*

Time for me to go gals... I haven't a clue what I am going to make for dinner tonight and hubby is due home soon :o I am so thrown off from the early times and it being so bright,
not that I am complaining mind you :sunny:

*God Bless!*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 04-04-2005 05:42 PM

[COLOR=Plum]Bonnie2... YOU DID IT!!!
NOW DO THE SAME THING WITH THE COLOR... you did it!!

The Color Code is:

what you write and then finish it with this code [/ COLOR]

With no spaces in between the code itself like I have here...
I did that because it's the only way it would show up to
show you... was if I added a space.

You are so almost there!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Angel-lover 04-05-2005 09:06 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...e/attitude.jpg

Good morning friends,
I stayed with Connie last night. We sat up until 2am watching people remodel rooms in their homes. I hadn't watched those programs in a long time...enjoyed. We DID get a little spooked once. The phone rung....the ID only showed a cell phone # we didn't know. Couldn't get anyone to say anything. We took turns for about 30 minutes yelling into the phone for someone to say something. We could hear a crunching sound, so knew someone was there. Finally, when Connie had the phone, a woman answered wanting to know why she had called. Connie explained that we hadn't called. (her # is the same as the station's #....rings at their trailer, when station is closed.) The lady apologized. Said the phone was in her purse & the button must have gotten clicked, somehow. The station was the last place she called, so when it was clicked, that's where it called. We have a program where viewers call in to get discount coupons for restaurants, etc (very popular program!) Well....that was the spook for the night. :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...a-exclaim1.gif
No sugar yesterday!!!! I made it pretty well. Wouldn't you know it.....the lady that does the cooking show on Monday (we always wait for her!! ;) ) made some of the best looking sweet stuff I ever saw! I don't know the name of it...she's all time trying new recipes. I took a tiny nibble, to make them all think I was eating, while talking....& later threw it away................reluctantly. :^: But, the thing is, I did it!!!! I fixed carrots for supper (with other things), & only ended up eating THEM. I LOVE carrots! Connie & I ate a little popcorn. The box of doughnuts are still untouched! Right now, I'm eating just a little bacon.......very slowly. It's probably not good for me....but, couldn't find anything else, & thought it might be better than a doughnut. :D

SunnyD....how's that ankle???? Do what the Dr says. I thought you might already be using those ankle wraps. Good idea. I'm working on the tape. I had them to tape "Tennessee Valley Now" yesterday & my program last night. We had all kinds of technical problems!!! :dizzy: Connie & I had even said hello to all of you! We got to cutting up & laughing & Connie was begging me not to send that tape to you all, while we were still on the air. :lol: The technical problems were pretty bad, so I'll probably try again. It'll probably be next Monday. That's the only day we just have 30 minutes. The remainder of the week is an hour. We don't do the sports on Monday. The tape is 1 hour, so it would hold "Tennessee Valley Now" & "Vision of Heaven". Gives me another week to practice my singing, too! ;)
Ohhhh, that snow is beautiful! I don't want it for very long....just one good snow!
That wood & brass bible in the picture is like one I "used" to have. I also have the "Congrats" graphic. :D Some day, I want to afford to buy a PSP program....I think I'd enjoy making my own graphics. I finally downloaded a CD burner, but after it loaded, I found it to be a different language! :^: I can't win for losing!!! :dizzy:

Sheila....NORWAY!!!!!! Do they have computers there?????? If not...NO WAY! :p
Joking aside....I'm praying for you & DH every day. I know how it is to worry about work. DH's work has slowed down a lot, & he'll be 56 next month. He's also thought about getting another job, especially because of insurance coverage. It's a scarey move for him to make, though.

Hi Bluet....I'm sorry you're having such a hard time these days. I sure hope things get better for you, soon. Post every chance you get....please don't isolate.....I worry. It would be so nice if you could enjoy getting up every day & going to work.

Hi Bonnie-2...Hang in there!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...estbuddies.jpg

Bluet 04-05-2005 12:48 PM

Good Morning,

My goodness, seems like I haven't posted for two whole pages on this thread.
You all have been very busy. Everyone is becoming experts on this graphic, font, and color theme too. :)

Charlotte, sounds as though you had a very fun sleep over at Connie's house last night. So are you thinking the crunching sound was the lady walking around with the phone in her purse? How funny. Well, not at the moment for you and Connie. Charlotte, thank you for worrying about me and my work place. Most days I do enjoy getting up and going to work, and most days we are all civil to one another, but there are just two people who lose their tempers easily and explode, and because I have my fingers in everything, I usually receive the brunt of that blow up. In answer to Sheila's question, "how much time do I have left before I can retire?" Two years and 10 months :D I am glad to hear that dh would not let you go on the roof. Roofing is a dangerous job, even when a person is young and agile. So we have no business up on a ladders. Although, I was up on a ladder almost all weekend. My dh is attending therapy classes now for the pain he is still experiencing in his shoulder from falling from a ladder. Next year I am going to box some snow up in a cooler and send it to you girl, just so you can make a minature snowman for your yard. :) I can't wait to get the tape for your show and your singing. It has often crossed my mind to ask if I could get your show on Direct TV, so I could see what your show is about.

SunnyD, cute pictures of your Easter decor. I spotted that tea-pot right off. Very pretty indeed. It was my favorite. Your house always looks so nice. I had such a busy weekend, that I did not even realize that Ohio was getting socked in the way you did. I would have been sooooooo upset if we got all that snow and no power too. :( One year when the kids were little, I was washing walls and getting ready for one of the kids First Communions for the first Sunday in May and we got a snowstorm just like the one you got, and the kids were all sent home early on the bus. Everything was shut down. Having a snow storm in May was really a freaky thing. Now let's talk about that ankle sprain. You must be more careful when you are out there doing those kind of things. (Do I sound like your MOM?) :lol: Hope your ankle is better today. You might end up in physical therapy just like my dh. That was good thinking to put snow in your boot, I don't think I would have thought to do that. All that snow is going to be excellent moisture for your daffodils. Just trying to think of a positive. ;)

Sheila, How did you get that wallpaper off those walls? The wallpaper we tackled at my MIL this weekend was cemented to the wall. It was almost impossible to remove. I hate wallpaper! There were six of us painting on Saturday. We painted three rooms: living room, kitchen and bathroom in five hours. We painted everything white, looks terrific. We used up two gallons of primer and 5 gallons of paint. My MIL is 92, and her house needed a thorough spring cleaning, so on Friday afternoon we were washing walls and taking off wallpaper. Saturday afternoon, we were putting things back and cleaning and scrubbing floors. My muscles are still sore today, but it is all done now. Sorry about DH's job situation, everything will be fine. The Lord closes one door and opens another :) Of course, I think the doorway to Norway is a little too far from the rest of us though. ;) Our weather is starting to improve and with day light savings time in place the sun is out longer in the evenings, so that gives one faith that spring will be here soon for us. I hope your daughter was just having a little glitch on the marriage road, it is so hard with Mom further away when she needs a shoulder. :(

Sunday we had grandson next door First Communion and next Sunday we have grandson from Green Bay First Communion. Last Sunday was a beautiful ceremony as I know next Sunday will be too. Next Saturday a co-worker is getting married in Green Bay, so we will be running up and down the I system to attend these functions, it is about a 45 min drive one way.

Diane, so nice to see you check in. DH and I are going to be grandaprents for the ninth time on May 11. Our Son and DIL are due then. She will be having a C-section, and they are having a little boy. They have a little girl now who will be 2 in June.

Bonnie2, Outstanding, you aren't giving up, that is too wonderful. You probably will be posting graphics, and I will never learn. :) Perhaps when I retire. What kind of business do you and your dh have?

Well, gotta run guys, talk to you later.

Love....Bluet

Angel-lover 04-05-2005 01:54 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...der20heart.gif

Bluet!

Well........of course I worry about you! You're my friend. :D I can remember working at places (only a couple) that I hated! I know you don't hate it....but, you can't look forward to going to work, as you'd like to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/doglaugh.gif
It was so funny that you thought DH wouldn't let me on the roof! Don't be offended, please. I just pictured in my mind DH not letting me. I wouldn't have made it up to the 3rd step on the ladder! Between OA & RA, I can't walk on solid ground very well, that's why he laughed. I was hoping he could figure out a way that I might help him, though. Believe me, although he was grateful I wanted to help....he laughed BIG TIME at me!! :lol:
Oh you sweet thing...to think I would be good enough to be on Direct TV! :) We HAVE tried to get on the "Angel Network" (hey, I like that name. :D )It's very hard to get on, but we're still trying. Also, we ARE trying to get on Dish, & Direct TV. They said that another channel would have to leave. If a spot comes available, they'll let us know. You've got to remember, although we DO have professionals there quite often, most of the regular programming comes from our surrounding areas.....& there IS a lot of talent! I'm afraid I'm not one that has much, though. I've done a lot of singing at Nursing Homes & Hospice, so when they or their family see me on TV, they show their appreciation. I get so tickled & amazed. I'll be going through Wal-Mart, or the grocery store, & someone will see me in person for the first time & get so excited! I don't understand anyone getting excited over me....especially since I'm not a professional. I will say though, having our own Christian TV Station in our area has done a lot for the town & for the viewers as well as all of us! It's nice to be able to call in any time, if prayer is needed, etc. I've listened to a lot of people with heavy burdens. You know....sometimes we just need someone to listen to us. :) When I first started volunteering there, that's what I felt like I was suppose to do. The singing wasn't started by me. Someone actually got behind me one night & PUSHED me in front of the camera (I was in the studio, adjusting a camera, or something)....had the Engineer put a tape on...& handed me a microphone! It was either sing, or cry! I decided to sing. :D I DO love it....just wish the Lord had given me a better, stronger voice. Then again, I've really been blessed, so He knows what's best. Goodness.....I sure didn't mean to say all of this. Too much to print to delete, though....you gotta read it, I guess. :dizzy:
I'd love some snow sent next winter! I told you I'm easily spoiled!
I always think to ask about your DH after I've submitted my post. :^: Thanks for letting us know how he is. Still praying.
Well....I've been in a cleaning mood today. I was just taking a break, & saw your post. Love ya lots!!!!!!! I'm going to go ahead in another post & put in some pics of the break in at the station, while I'm resting.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...lip2-love2.gif

Angel-lover 04-05-2005 02:31 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...four/angel.jpg

Hi everybody...we took a lot of pics of the break in. I'm just going to show you a few............

This is the side foyer door. A cement block was thrown through it, hard enough to make a large dent in the wall.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../backdoor3.jpg

This is an inside view of the same door.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../backdoorA.jpg

This is Connie's desk & area of the office. She uses one side, & I use the other. She really should have her own office (Manager)...but, then, we couldn't talk! OK! I JUST NOTICED I SPELLED "CONNIE'S" WRONG ON THE PIC! :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nniesdeskA.jpg

This is my desk. Sorry it's blurry...I was using someone else's camera & didn't know how. He told me I need to hold the camera still or it would blur. I told him I couldn't help it, I was shaking!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ur/mydeskA.jpg

Connie & I were talking last night about how the pictures don't show it to be as bad as it really was. I guess you had to be there. Of course, it could have been a LOT worse! If you notice the end of my desk.....looks like they just swept their hand across the end of the desk....& there was the hand mark doing just THAT. Only thing, the things in the floor weren't all on that end of the desk! They actually moved them there. The only thing at that end was the roll-a-dex, which wasn't even touched. It was moved over out of the way! We found some very strange things. It was the same with Connie's. Also, there was a pic of Connie & Bro Jones on her desk...they just turned it face down. I had a pic of me & Connie on my desk...it was face down on the floor....it & a few more things actually stomped! :o See that large box in front of my desk? A BRAND NEW computer, they just walked right by, yet took the time to rearrange our things?????
We also discovered last night that our Sportscaster drove by the station around 8pm & noticed the light that shines on to the building was off! Total darkness! He said he started to call one of us, but decided the bulb probably just burned out! Well, it didn't. There's a switch, well hidden in the ceiling of the front porch that turns it off & on! Someone has really been looking that place over. I didn't even know about the switch, neither did Connie. We both thought it was triggered as the street lights are. We have a mystery going!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...marks-clip.gif
Gotta beeee going........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...over/ny_05.gif

Bluet 04-05-2005 10:43 PM

Well Sunny, what did you think of Idol tonight? Simon out did his sarcastic self, that's for sure. I thought Carrie did an excellent job, I don't care what Simon thought. The other kids were ok too. Some a little off key, but they are amatuers. Did you see the sign in the audience of a Holstein Cow with Simon's face and the words were "Simon Cow"? I watched The Office at 8:30, but I did not like it. It wasn't all that funny, actually a little pathetic.

Well, time for bed. Have a good Wednesday everyone.

Bluet

Sheila53 04-05-2005 11:58 PM

Post on this thread, please!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...235#post814235