3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Over 50 and Getting Healthy #22 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/54469-over-50-getting-healthy-22-a.html)

SunnyD57 03-18-2005 03:37 PM

I can't stay on right now to go into any deapth,

but I wanted to tell Bluet that I wasn't "playing along" ;) I knew he was a *Bully* :devil: and that you are being hurt & used at work --- but for some odd reason I couldn't figure out what the "O" stood for :shrug: :dizzy: Thanks for explaining it to me :lol:

Please know that I will keep your DH in my prayers! Keep us up-to-date on how he is doing, okay.

I'll be back just as soon as I am able to...
Have a great weekend gals!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 03-18-2005 03:42 PM

By-the-way... Sheila? I WORE GREEN ALL DAY Yesterday :D

Later... :smug:

Sheila53 03-18-2005 06:28 PM

No pinching for you, SunnyD! My DH was reading over my shoulder just a bit because he saw your bunny graphic and my name. He said he read a "couple pics" as "chocolate pics," and thought that sounded good. I think the combination of brown lettering and the Easter bunny graphic gave my chocoholic husband a bad case of wishful thinking! He hasn't been eating as much chocolate since we moved. Maybe I'll buy him a chocolate egg or bunny.

You're sure right about Florida, at least in my opinion. It seemed awfully crowded and, well, just full of old people! :D I was too hot when I was there in March (of 1986), although my heat tolerance has gone up the older I've gotten. Wonder if Arizona is just the same as Florida as far as number of people, etc. That's interesting about your SIL's mother and the cataract surgery. Maybe elderly people react more strongly to anesthesia? I talked to Dad today, and he was able to hear me a bit better. The nurse at the facility said he refused food yesterday, and only ate a few bites of toast and drank some juice this morning. She's wondering if his stomach is upset from the anesthesia. Since he's diabetic, it's not good for him to go without food. Oh, just as I told her when she suggested calling a cab to get him to his follow-up appointment yesterday, he said no, it's too expensive and he wouldn't do it. I just dumped a ton of money into his account the other day from the sale of the house, but, no, he can't pay for a cab to go less than 20 blocks. Oh, please! I just laughed when she told me that because I can sure predict my Dad, can't I?

Are you selling the CDs at church or other venues? You'll have to take a photo of your poster by the CDs, too. Hope they bring in a lot of money for the piano. You should think big, though--how about a pipe organ?!?!?

Okay, Bluet, so now we know you're not the cause of all that snow in the midwest. :) Is it ever going to quit snowing?? I have no idea how I would deal with all that snow all the time. Eventually run outside naked and screaming?? I'm with you on the white paint, although I think I'm going for a bit off white. Did I ever mention that I saw a bedroom on HGTV whose color scheme I really liked? The room belonged to a soap opera star on Days of Our Lives. I actually e-mailed her to see if I could get the name of that particular color, but got a canned response in reply. I'm betting, however, that the color you see on the TV screen is probably different than the actual color on the wall. I also saw another color scheme on some show that I'm going to do in the guest bedroom. Other than that, everything will be off-white.

Glad you had a bit of respite from the OB, even after he came back. Hopefully, you can have a restful weekend, despite everything. Easter brunch sounds wonderful--makes me think about making reservations, although with the job situation, I'm trying to save every penny.

So I called the mail guy back today, the guy who said he'd call me today, and discovered he had the day off. Hhmm. Talked to another guy who finally said that they don't know where the mail is, and there's nothing they can do about it. Uh-huh--thanks! Our P.O. at work. After a couple of false starts, I finally reached someone in consumer affairs who looked things up, and discovered that although my change-of-address was effective February 19, it wasn't actually put in the computer until March 15 so the mail would have been returned to the sender. He apologized and said obviously the "more efficient" system that the P.O. started using failed me. Yeah, big time! I'm kind of worried about our next move on April 15. Oh, well, there's nothing that I can do about it.

We did a walk-through of the new house. The owners had left a bunch of stuff in it, so we told our real estate agent we wanted all that stuff removed. Plus they hadn't vacuumed or anything after their estate sale. We are closing a week early, though, so they probably thought they'd have time. I noticed today that they have an iris bed on the west side of the house. I absolutely love iris so that will be exciting to see them come up. They're in a place that you can't see from the house at all, though, unless you go out the garage. Kind of weird, but then the whole landscaping is kind of strange. But that's okay--more fun for me.

DH is applying for jobs like crazy, and hoping if he has to go that he will be allowed to continue telecommuting for whatever company that hires him. I hope so because I'm not leaving my house! Maybe being proactive about searching for jobs will mean that the company will want to keep him.

Charlotte, I hope everything is okay with you. Let us know how you are! And hello to Diane--hope you're doing well.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Angel-lover 03-19-2005 06:52 AM

I finally made it back.........been tied up with different things the last few days. I haven't even had a chance to "lurk". :^: I finally checked my email before going to the station Friday morning. I had so much email, I still haven't read it all! :dizzy: Just different things going on. I think that's the longest I've been away from my computer since I got it! Talk about withdrawal symptoms! :lol:

Well.......I got a GREAT surprise!! Thank you so much Bluet, for your phone call!! :D I sure didn't mean to concern you or anyone, but, did enjoy talking with you! I love that northern accent. ;) I know I sound more than southern. I've heard myself on our answering machine...like I came from the hillbilly woods, somewhere!! :o When I watch a tape from the TV Station, I don't sound quite so bad, hopefully not like the answer machine!
I suppose I WOULD get tired of the snow after this amount of time, but at least one good snowfall would be nice. It was snowing lightly & melting before it hit the ground Thursday....everyone was calling each other to inform them it was snowing!! :lol: Now...that's desperate for snow! Hope everything is going well with your family. Got grands this weekend? My two granddaughters are with their mother, now, or a week. It's too noisy when they're here, & too quiet when they're gone. If our son ever moves out (hopefully), it'll be lonely for us, for awhile.

SunnyD....good that you're feeling better. I too, are waiting for those pics of your Easter decorations. :) The schools around here had to celebrate this past week, because next week they are out for AEA. I had a granddaughter to go to the prom last night. She'll be in the 11 grade this next year. The same thing happened with her & her 2 sisters, as last year. She & middle sister got cheerleader, but the youngest didn't make it!! :( It is very sad to see them all so upset. The 3 are very close in a age & do everything together. The youngest is just as good at cheering as her sisters, so don't know what is going on. My daughter was fit to be tied yesterday....no telling what they caught at the school!!
You mentioned the deer...DH & I were going down the road the other night & had a HERD of deer to cross the highway in front of us! They were beautiful. We have to be very careful around here, not to hit any. There are a lot of curves, & that's where they like to stand, seems like. DH has a rough time with his garden each year...they eat it up! :^:

Sheila...hope you get started on your house soon. I know what you mean about the wallpaper. When we first bought this house, we had to strip wallpaper, newspaper, etc., off the walls! An older lady had lived here & had strange ideas. :) We only had 1 month to get it liveable....sure wasn't easy. We were silly enough to put up wallpaper! This time.....all paint! My twin daughters are very good at painting, etc., so they're going to do that for me. They know how to do that sponging, & different things with paint. I'm just going to turn that part over to them.
Hope your dad is doing well from his surgery. I had cateract surgery when I was 46. They were caused from the trauma of the car accident. I had an allergic reaction to the anesthesia when they did the first eye! I was throwing up violently! Also, upset stomach. I couldn't stop! It was suppose to be day surgery, but they almost kept me in the hospital. It was a long ride home....DH kept having to stop the car. My eye looked like I had been beaten up! I was black & blue for several days. The other eye went a lot better, when the Dr finally decided what anesthesia to use.

Hello Diane & Willow!

Well....I don't know any more about my tests. The Dr's office usually calls me the next day to give my lab results, but, after a week, I still didn't hear anything. So, Thursday, I called them. A nurse got on the phone & said that my "regular" blood work was in the same range as usual "for me". I told her that the Dr had done special blood work to check for Lupus, Fibromyalgia, etc., & she said the Dr hadn't signed off on it, yet. She didn't have anything to tell me. Sounded strange to me.
I go for a treatment Monday. Maybe Dr there can tell me something. He's the one with my MRI's, also. I wonder if he's even looked at them! I took the stupid cervical collar off. I figured it must not be too important, or they would be letting me know something. My ears & throat are a little better.

Gonna go for now, I think I made up for some lost time. Hope you all have a great weekend!

candlelady4 03-20-2005 06:16 AM

Good Sunday morning girls. I can't believe it has been so long since I posted. It has been a busy week running after the little one who by the way is 3 today. Lately it seems when he leaves and I get supper cooked and dishes done I crash. What am I going to do when the baby comes and there is two to take care of? :?:

We didn't get any snow but all last week was cold. I can't believe it is nearly the first of April, before long I will be fussing about the heat which believe me here we have a plenty of it.

Sheila sounds like you are keeping really busy, sorry about your mail. My daughter is having problems too and they haven't moved. They just aren't receiving hardly any including their bills. Hope you had a good time at the birthday party.

Good to hear from you Charlotte and that you are feeling some better. I know you are anxious to hear from your test.

I'm so proud of you Sunny, you're doing so good with your walking. You are sounding like you are feeling so good. :D Send pictures as soon as you can.

Bluet at least you got a little peace at work for a while. I know what you mean about washing the car, same problem here not with snow but rain. It seems like this time of the year mine stays so dirty, plus I have to fight the bird poop from the trees in my drive. I don't have a garage car will fit in. :mad:

Not much planned for today except straighten up the house and get rested for the week ahead. Have a wonderful day girls and I will try to make it back sooner this time.

Angel-lover 03-20-2005 08:03 AM

bon5000 03-20-2005 01:16 PM

I thought I'd post here as I am over 50 group ,Trying to get healthier by losing weight. I enjoyed going thru the recent post by you all. I am also Bonnie. I'll try to remember the name of this groups thread Bonnie

Angel-lover 03-20-2005 03:27 PM

BONNIE!!

It's nice to have another friend here! My name is Charlotte, I'm 55, been married 36 yrs, 4 kids...& 11grands! I live in Alabama, where I was born...but was raised in Detroit, MI....how far is that from you?

It's kind of quiet around here on Sundays. You'll hear from everyone soon, though. Stick around....we're glad to have you!

Have a nice evening.........
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rbutterfly.gif

bon5000 03-20-2005 07:50 PM

Detroit is about 2 hours away. My son ,wife,& grands live in Eastpointe{ east Detroit} Bonnie

Sheila53 03-21-2005 02:08 PM

Welcome, Bonnie! I think we're a wonderful, supportive bunch of women here so I hope you'll stay around and get to know us. I'm almost 52, have a blended family of four adult children and one granddaughter whose cute little face is my avatar. I've been married for almost 24 years, and we have a small obnoxious dog and three cats. Currently, we're living in an apartment until we can move into our house. We just moved to Oregon from Seattle for no particular reason other than we wanted to.

Charlotte, thanks for the wonderful thoughts of spring. Spring break brings spring rain around here (just like clockwork--it can be hot and dry for weeks, but it always rains during spring break). Okay, what's a northern accent? :lol: Although, I do have to say that midwestern people definitely sound different than other "northerners." I sound just like the TV newspeople, except for Peter Jennings who just can't shed his Canadian vowels. It's funny how a little bit of snow in a place that doesn't get much can cause so much excitement. Wonder if the telephone circuits overloaded? :) That's too bad about your granddaughter. I remember last time when that happened with the other ones. Does she have any other interests that she's better at than the other two? That's just so sad, and I imagine she feels terribly rejected.

My Dad is doing better. He called me yesterday, and I didn't have to shout quite as much. I really think he doesn't remember talking to me before--it sure seemed that way. If I were you, I don't know if I'd have gone back to do the other eye after such a bad reaction! Dad said he had no pain and could see just fine. He said his stomach was fine now, too. I didn't ask if he was eating okay. Maybe I'll call the facility again. Glad your ears and throat are doing a bit better. Sure wish you could get antibiotics. I sure hope that you can get more information today. Let us know!

Hey, Diane! No snow? Bet your grandson would have had a lot of fun playing around in it. That is going to be kind of tough when the baby comes. Does Bradley (I have a sievelike memory so I hope I got his name right!) go to a preschool at all a couple of hours a week? That might be helpful if his parents can afford it. You know, when we lived in Seattle, one of the carriers for our zip code was stealing mail. They found piles of it at his house. Hopefully that's not the case with your daughter's mail.

The party was great. I wore an apron and told my friends to quit introducing me because then people would think it was a catered event! :) We worked pretty hard getting stuff ready. My friend's daughter used to own a flower shop, and she went out in the yard and picked flowers to make some beautiful arrangements--about 10 in all. The party lasted from 1-5, and I came at 11 and stayed until almost 6:00 so I was exhausted. They wanted me to come to the family party on Sunday, but I declined, although I was honored. My friend had sent out 60 invitations, and said some people called and said they couldn't come, but I swear there were well over 100 people.

Today we get the papers for the house, and tomorrow we deplete our bank account and sign the papers. We went by the house on Saturday and saw that they were taking the old washer/dryer out, and had gotten rid of some of the stuff. I think they'll have it all done by Friday. If not, well, I'll just moan about it to the realtor!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

SunnyD57 03-21-2005 04:34 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../EASTER103.gif

Good Afternoon Sheila, Bonnie-1 ;),
Charlotte (good to see you!), Diane (and you too!),
Willow & Bonnie-2!

I am sorry that I haven't been around lately, but it's a very busy time of year for Joe & I... almost as busy as Christmas is! So just give me a couple days to get my cards made and pkgs. mailed and I will be back to post to each of you, okay. I am doing real well... health-wise. Getting in my walking every morning too :smug:

*WELCOME Bonnie!*

*~*~*

As I said, I'll be back just as soon as I have a moment gals :bubbles:

*God Bless* :wave:
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bluet 03-22-2005 09:20 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

I am just checking in too. Busy day, accountant is coming, so I have been tied up getting ready. Posted a big message on Saturday and lost the whole thing. :( Totally frustrated me. Enjoyed talking with Charlotte Friday evening. :) "A very sweet Southern lady". DH's shoulder is improving very slowly, so far does not need surgery, depends on the improvement.

Welcome Bonnie2, nice name. ;)

Have a good day ......Idol is on tonight. :D

Bluet

Angel-lover 03-22-2005 11:16 AM

Had my treatment yesterday, so kind of "out of it"...but, wanted to say hello. Maybe I'll make sense & remember I did this tomorrow. :^:

Dr. said MRI showed no RA of the spine. (thank God!) He said I had a LOT of OA & bone spurs & some bulging...but nothing was pressing into the spinal cord. Most of the damage that is causing the pain is where I have my "hardware" from the prior surgery. If they did surgery again, it would fuse the spine & I would be immobile. So....surgery really can't help. I just have to cope the best I can.

They hadn't received any information on the blood tests for Lupus, Fibromyalgia, etc., from the other Dr. Was going to call & request it. After I got home, the other clinic called me with the results. They said I was "borderline" for everything they tested for! That they would fax it on to my Rheumy & for me to be sure to follow up with him. I have no idea what this means. It doesn't sound good...I used to be borderline diabetic & it was no fun. :( I'm hoping to find out more. Has anyone heard of this before? I'd like to find a website that would give me some info. I thought you either had these autoimmune diseases, or you didn't. :o DH was really sweet (as always :) ) & brought supper home...then took care of himself this morning for work. It's very stormy here...hope it doesn't get bad while I'm alone...I'd sure like to go back to bed & sleep.

SunnyD...take care of yourself as you handle your Easter business. Be back when you can.

Sheila...granddaughter plays softball & is into that now. The thing is...she's really good at cheering. My daughter even paid for lessons to help her. It's just political! That's a shame...they should go by ability, & not by who you know. She's in a different area of the school than her older sisters. She's like her grandma though, a fighter.......she'll be ok!

So, today you sign the papers on the house!! I'm so happy for you! Maybe, soon, you'll be all settled.

Bluet...Thank you, again for the call. You don't know what it meant to me! As Sheila was pointing out the differences in accents...yours is beautiful! A little "stronger" than the people on the news. I like Northern accents. I also like Southern accents. A lot of people (especially in movies) tend to over-dramatize. Although, as hard as I've tried, I still talk like Ellie Mae, of the Clampets! :lol: I don't know where I got it, no one else in our family talks as hill-billyish as I do. :dizzy: I have several tapes of my program, & I don't seem to sound quite so bad, but on the answer machine....I'm TERRIBLE!! :^:
I'll be glad when the accounting is over...I miss you. I've lost so many of my posts, that I've got to where I "copy" them on my mouse, just in case. I don't always put them in notepad, because they're on my mouse to just put right back in. You might want to try that.

Hello Bonnie-2!! Hope you're having a good day.

Gotta go...need to rest awhile.

bon5000 03-22-2005 06:27 PM

I did quite well today, mostly op. I do w.w.anyone else?
Went to jazzercise last nite. did 30 min. with denise austin tape & walked 30 min today, actually had sun & about 50.
I'm an Idol fan & amazing race fan. Bonnie

Bluet 03-22-2005 11:18 PM

Good Evening,

Charlotte, you do not sound like Ellie Mae Clampet, at all. :) Where do you get that from? Not that there is anything wrong with the way Ellie Mae talks. ;) You sound like a sweet soft talking southern lady. You also sounded very tired, so I am glad you were scheduled for your treatment. I can't help you on the questions you asked today, because I had never heard of any of the things you suffer with until I met you on the internet. I am very sorry that you have RA and all the other borderline symptoms you mentioned, I hate to know you have that pain. Also, when you say you copied it on the mouse, what does that mean? Hope you are feeling better tomorrow. I watched HGTV this weekend and they had a program on there about the 400 mile yard sale that ends in northern Alabama. Have you ever been to that? I think that is something I would like to go to. But then again, I have too much stuff the way it is and you know DH's rule about nothing comes in this house unless something goes out.

Sunny, How-bout-that Carrie Underwood. What a knock out, with that new hair do. Simon has her winning Idol. She sang terrifically, don't you think? Worried about Anwar, hope he doesn't get the boot tomorrow night. I called in and voted for Anthony six times. I now he isn't going to make it to the top, but I hate to see him voted off. Mikala, yikes again, when is she leaving? Jessica Sierra did so well, and to think she almost lost out last week. Wonder what is in store for the Survivors tomorrow night. I see you are busy decorating again. I have the Green Bay boys, from Thursday evening until Saturday at noon, I don't think I will get much decorating done. Hopefully I will be able to get my house clean for company on Sunday. Our oldest daughter and her husband both turned 40 this week, and are spending Thursday through Saturday at a bed and breakfast in Door County, and grandma and grandpa are the designated babysitters.

Sheila, busy closing on your house? Moved to Corvaliss, just because you felt like it. You must think you are a free spirit or something ;) How's work going for DH? Good I hope. Glad to hear Dad is doing better. My sister is working on getting my Mom to agree to getting a hearing-aide, but from what I understand they are quite expensive. Does anyone know how much they cost? Mom will be 82 at the end of April. She hasn't been hearing us very well for quite awhile now. I hope she goes for the extra help in hearing us. You are quite the little trickster, with the catering ploy. You must be tons of fun to be around. I can imagine you and I would get into a lot of trouble if we ever lived close enough to hang out together. :) What one of us wouldn't think of the other would.

Bonnie2, keep up the good excercise work! Was it really 50 degrees in Michigan yesterday? That is practically a heat wave to us northern people. :)

Diane, hope you had a good day. Don't work so hard, you are such a busy lady.

Willow, hello out there, how are you doing?

have a good Wednesday!! Accountant is all done for another month and I am one happy camper :D

Bluet

Sheila53 03-22-2005 11:31 PM

You're doing great on the exercise, Bonnie2! When did you start WW? I went from 261 to 179 on WW, but gained a bit back as you can tell by my signature. I went to my last WW meeting last week--used my last coupon. Once I get our finances figured out, I will probably go back, but now I'm doing it on my own. Kind of scary. I found that having a great leader is quite motivating, and my Seattle leader was wonderful. Didn't have that same experience since I moved to Oregon so if I do go back, I will have to find another meeting. My friend has been going to jazzercise for over 20 years. She's been going so long that even though she's joined an athletic club, she still goes to jazzercise.

Charlotte, I'm SO glad to hear that there is no RA in your spine. I bet you're so relieved about that--I know I am! :) Well, if you're only borderline any of that stuff, that's better than having it, right? Maybe the medical field doesn't really have clear tests for those particular problems? Hopefully you'll find out more when you go see the rheumatologist. Man, they do keep sending you back and forth to the different docs, don't they? Glad to hear that your GD isn't going to let the cheerleading thing get her down. It is a darn shame that it turned political.

Bluet, that's good news about DH's shoulder. So is he using it at all? Hope he continues to improve.

SunnyD, thanks for letting us know what's going on and that you'll be back in a couple of days. You know what worryworts we are! And you mentioning cards reminded me that I still haven't gotten one for my GD.

Felt sorry for my son who is in school fulltime and working fulltime. He has spring break this week, and was looking forward to doing a little fishing on his days off. His ex-wife went out of town for the week, and told him that the healthcare person she uses for my GD would help out so my son could have a little downtime over spring break. Well, that fell through so he doesn't get to go fishing. He needed that little bit of respite, too, before school starts again. He did decide not to go to summer school so he'll just be working full time.

We signed the papers for the house today! We won't take possession until 5:00 pm Thursday. I called the utilities today, and also the flooring people to get estimates. Gotta start getting in shape for painting, too!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Angel-lover 03-23-2005 09:09 AM

Well, I'm coming back to life.....just a little "slow" this morning. I've got the TV Station alone today, so I've gotta get myself going. Managers called last night & checked on me (always do!). Said they were going out of town today, & would get someone else to come in if I couldn't. I told them to go on & not worry about it. I usually have it alone on Wednesday, anyway. If I get to feeling bad, I'll call in reinforcements. :D I kind of enjoy being there alone. It's peaceful. We play GMT (Gospel Music Television)until coming on live at 4pm, & everyone will be there by then. I've got plenty of paper work to catch up on from Monday.

Hi Sheila...yes, they do keep me running from dr to dr. You know, I got to thinking yesterday. When they called about the lab results, they gave me a follow up appt for April 12th with my GP! That's the follow up she was talking about. :dizzy: I had just gotten home from my treatment & was asleep when she called....didn't remember the rest of the conversation until later. :^: Now, getting a follow up appt with GP, because of the lab results.....hmmm.....I REALLY don't know what to think. I do know that Fibromyalgia isn't dx by bloodwork, & they were almost sure of that. So am I...I have all the symtoms. I'm going to try to stop dx myself. :lol:
I'm sure you'll lose more weight when you start that painting!! Just don't overdo yourself. Wouldn't it be nice if all of us here could get together & come help you??? :D I'm afraid we'd party too much & not get anything done! But, it's a nice thought, anyway.

Hi Bluet....Thanks for the sweet compliment on my accent. No one has said I sound like Ellie Mae...that's my idea. I think everyone probably is surprised to here there own voice. Like I said, I sound quite different on TV than on an answer machine. (thank goodness!) I'm stuck with it anyway. :lol:
By copying it on the mouse, I mean.....highlight the message in the post & right click to "copy"....just don't "paste" it anywhere, unless you lose your post. You can "paste" it into a new post, if you need to. If you don't need to use it, no harm done...but, if you lose your post, it's a lot better to be prepared, than to retype!
I do get tired & weak when it's time for a treatment. I get that way anyway, a lot of days. The treatments really help though. They're mostly to slow the progression of RA & help with pain & fatigue. It takes a few days for the Remicade to "kick in"...yesterday I actually got so weak, I lost my voice! The phone rung several times, & I had to strain to talk. :( I've got it back today, though, so I'm on the mend. :)

Hello Bonnie-2...sounds like you're doing great with ww! I've got to get some will power to lose about 10-15 lbs. I'm a sugar lover, though, so it's hard for me to lose. I had lost my wait about 2 yrs ago, & was maintaining, but some creeped back up! Easy to do.

Hi SunnyD....miss you lots!!!

Hi Willow!!!

Sheila53 03-23-2005 11:40 PM

Hi, all!

I see we posted around the same time, Bluet. What time is that for you? Hhmm, a nine-mile yard sale--wow! The traffic must be incredible, but what a lot of potential Antiques Roadshow finds. I'm still hoping to pick up something for $5 and have it be worth $125,000. :) Sounds like a busy weekend for you with the GKs. What fun for your DD and her DH! Glad the accountant is done for the month.

So were you at the TV station all day today, Charlotte? Glad you're not letting anything stop you from getting on with your life. Chronic conditions can be so darn life-altering if we let them. I know I often have to force myself to do stuff, but I'd be laying on my bed all day if I didn't and what kind of a life is that? Yeah, stop reading that big medical book--just say NO! :) It's kind of like when you have a scale you end up weighing yourself every day. I bought a scale last week and vowed to weigh only on Friday mornings. I really had to stop myself from weighing today just to see how I'm doing. I'd love to have a painting party! Maybe I should start playing the lottery and if I win, I can pay for you all to come out here. And we wouldn't even have to paint because then I could afford a painter! :lol: We'd go to the beach and do some sightseeing while the painter paints. That's a good idea about copying and pasting, Charlotte. I've only lost one post, but it was quite annoying.

So a flooring guy is coming on Friday to measure, and then another one is scheduled for Tuesday. I also think I'll get a shrub removal person out to see how much it will cost to remove the junipers. I think my DH will take a chainsaw to them, but we'll have to have someone stump them. And I'd like to get an idea of how much it might cost to have a couple of trees removed from the backyard. I'm going to have to take before/after photos. I've been thinking about painting an "accent" wall in the office. I've seen that so often on HGTV and it looks cool. Tomorrow I need to go get one of those paper tiger things that score wallpaper so I can start taking it off as soon as we get in the house. My DH is itching to pull up the carpet to see how far the hardwood extends. Cross your fingers that everything goes through for tomorrow!

Have a great Thursday!

Angel-lover 03-24-2005 05:30 AM

Good morning,
It's 4am, & I've been up for an hour! :( Oh well....I can sleep another time.

I forgot to answer about the 400 mile yard sale! It's about 1 1/2 hr drive from where I live. I've always wanted to go. I never really had the opportunity, & now, I wouldn't be able to stand long enough & would be miserable. :^: I have a cousin that lives close to it, & goes often. She says it's great! She's a yard sale person, anyway........finds real bargains!

Sheila...It would be nice if there's pretty hardwood floors all under the carpets! I wouldn't be surprised. DH lays floor covering & finds that people (especially elderly or in bad health) have covered their hardwood with carpet, because they can't keep it up, anymore. The new kind that he lays, though, is very easy to take care of. That's what I want in my house, along with ceramic tile. He's doing a very large house now, with hardwood & tile. It's so large that it's taking him several weeks, bringing in a regular paycheck each week for awhile. He told the owner he'd have to be paid each week for work done. Shingles are having to be put on hold again. We need the money, & it's been raining each Saturday. Amazing how pretty it is all week, then rains on Saturday. :^:
Yes, I was at the station all day. I was alone until 4pm. Everyone got there just in time for our evening weather, news, etc, program. I got a couple of phone calls that people had missed me on there Monday & Tuesday. :D How sweet they are. We started out with the program being serious, as the other stations do their evening news. Then, somehow, Connie & I started picking at each other & it escalated. :lol: We have a very large viewing audience now that has let us know that they wait for 4 o'clock to see what we're going to do! It's probably the most popular of the programs we have....& just having fun. We never know what we're going to talk about until the camera comes on! Of course, we have our days of being serious. But, it's refreshing to have a little fun after a long day.
We want to see lots of pictures of your house...inside & out!

Well...I'll go. Maybe I can sleep a little, now. I'll try to post more later, today. Hello to all of my friends...........

SunnyD57 03-24-2005 12:29 PM

Catching-Up!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...7/EASTER99.gif

Good Afternoon Gals :wave:

Hi Sheila, How cool!! You get your house today at 5:00!!! :cp: :dance: How excited you must feel! I do hope all goes smoothly for you and that they cleared the house out as they were suppose to for you. I cannot wait to see pictures of it! Will you post some? Fingers crossed :crossed: that all goes well for you today!

That party sounded like so much fun! And a big success!! I'm glad to hear that you had such a good time! I bet you were exhausted, you did allot!! I am sure that everyone involved appreciated all you did to help out too.

Did your hubby ever get his chocolate? ;) We are selling our CD's to anyone who wants one. We don't really need and organ (I always think of *Phantom of the Opera* when I hear those pipe organs :lol: ) we just need a new piano - badly. Right now all we have is an upright and it sounds like a player piano. We are up to $7,000.00 in our fund raising, but need quite allot more... we are getting there... one day at a time :) We have sold a few more over the last week. Thank-you for asking :^:

As for where we'd go to winter... Joe mentioned Nevada - noooo, not near Vegas ;) - wayyyy on the outskirts of Vegas, no specific town... we have travelled in that direction when we've landed in Vegas to go visit my family in Ca. and loved the weather and the sunsets there! There's nothing like the sunsets in the west! I grew up in the desert (29 Palms, Ca) and have always loved it there. Allot of people don't realize what they are missing... there's allot of beauty in the desert, especially in the Spring when all the cactus are in bloom. And after a rain... awwww... the scent of sage fills the air. I do miss it and the sunshine, can you tell. Maybe one day we'll go back...

Sheila, I had a feeling that your DF was reacting to the meds. I can't believe my SIL told me on the same day you mentioned your DF :^: Well, at least now you know why he was acting differently and I am glad to hear he's doing better.

How exciting that you have an Iris bed at your new home... I bed you will have allot of garden surprises this spring... cool! So sorry to hear about the postal service, but am not surprised at all. What a bummer! What will happen now with important papers? Do you have to call people now and explain what happened? Or will the P.O. write a letter for you that you could make photo copies of to send out, they owe you that much.

So what's going on with hubby and his job search? Anything yet?

next...

SunnyD57 03-24-2005 12:37 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../EASTER107.gif

Hi Angel, Wow! You have been posting like crazy these days... so glad to see you back in full swing ;) I have enjoyed all your graphics and animations too. I always have to say something to you, because I like searching them out and saving then as you do. It's a great way to check out other peoples web-sites and search for graphics at the same time :) Although, I haven't been on the computer much in the last three days, and very briefly when I was on. I had so much to do :dizzy:

Such good news about not finding RA in your spine!!! :dance: Those bone spurs will cause allot of pain all by themselves :o Continued prayers for you. As for me, Thank-you... I have been doing very well these days :smug: no complaints. Yesterday I got real tired, but not sick (yeah). I just took it easy and caught up with all my taped shows. I had at least 5 to watch :o

I'm so sorry :sorry: to hear about your granddaughter and not making the cheerleading team... I bet she was so bummed!! Do you really think it was political? Why?

What I would give to go to that "Yard Sale" you mentioned!! I love going to those - I don't always buy things, but love looking and talking with people :D

Looks like I started something when I called Bluet :^: It's very interesting to hear what we sound like to others, huh. I am glad that Bluet called you and that all is well. As for accents - I loved "Ellie Mae" - adorable! :) I know you don't watch *Survivor* but three of the members on this one tribe (minus the one who just got voted off) are from Alabama - so I have an idea of the accent you must have. And there's nothing wrong with it at all ;) I like to hear the differences in our voices... :cool: Isn't it so cool that we have the capabilities of becoming friends like this - state to state - coast to coast? :dance: I still find myself amazed :^: at what we can do today!

Oh my gosh, Charlotte... you want some snow???!!! I'll be glad to send some your way! We woke up to 30* temps and snow on the ground this morning... just enough to cover the grass. And we are expecting more snow tomorrow - hopefully not much :crossed: I have flowers beginning to break through the soil and am anxious to see green and feel some warmer temps!! We were suppose to break 50* this week, but it never happened :(

I will have some pictures soon! I have been so busy and have such little space to work in that I now have a mess to clean up. Scraps of paper and such from making cards and posters. When I get everything all cleaned up for Easter Sunday, I'll take some pictures then, okay.

YES! I had deer right across the street from us - I thought 4, but there were 5! I have some pictures that I will post just as soon as I take them off the camera. I have a couple great shots! Yeah, that concerns me too - the deer eating in my gardens, but they don't like Daffodil's or Dahlia's, so I'm safe there.

next...

SunnyD57 03-24-2005 12:43 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../EASTER108.gif

Hi Bluet, I am so glad to hear that your DH's shoulder is doing better. What exactly happened to it? You weren't sure when you posted last. I have kept him in prayers for healing - hope he has felt it ;)

As for *American Idol* I didn't know that they had "do-overs" but found out when we turned it on last night at 9:00! :o The best part was... I missed Tuesday's show because we had practice and was going to watch it on tape - but didn't have to now :D So we watched and voted last night. I sure do hope that MIKALA goes tonight!!!! What is she thinkin'??? She is a "Babs" wannabe and each show she get WORSE! She really has to go tonight!! I too voted for Anthony and for Carrie last night to keep them in, but I think that Bo or Anwar may win this Idol - just a hunch. Yes, I loved Carrie's new look and her song choice! She was so much better this time, I was beginning to worry about her :^: I think she was giving up and then when Simon told her she needs to kick it up - she did. She was great! I also really enjoy Vonzell, what a talent she is! I know that allot of these people will be picked up by someone even if they don't make it to the top on the show.

As for *Survivor* yeah that James is gone!!!! Did you see him waste all that time trying to tie his skirt the whole time & he could have been making knots!?!! What was he thinking!!!??? I think he had gotten too full of himself and it was so time for him to go! That merge has to be pretty soon.

Oooooo... sounds like you will be a very busy grandma, as of today! By the time you give those kids back to mom & dad you will be looking like this :crazy: :lol: and looking forward to Monday for the first time ever :lol: I do hope you have fun with them... *Happy 40th Birthday* :hb: to your DD and SIL :flow1:

next...

SunnyD57 03-24-2005 12:47 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../EASTER100.gif

Hi Diane, Good to see you too! Sounds like you have been rather busy also... busy is good, if you keep it under wraps ;) I don't have the kids and such to keep my days filled, but I collapse like you do by 9:00 these days. I have been very busy with work for my Joe. He has been taking over the Adult Choir at our church and has had allot of typing & copying for me to do... things he cannot do during the days because he is working, so I do it for him since I am home. I like keeping busy, especially if it means he won't be so stressed. I can rest when I am tired, he can't... you know. It's nice being needed too.

Thank you so much... it's always good to get an atta-girl :D I have been walking every week day now and have already put in 8 miles this week. I had set a goal for 7 a week and didn't realize that I had already gone past it as of today :cp: So tomorrow will be an easy day for me again... that's okay. I'll probably just walk a brisk mile in the morning. Next month I will up the weekly miles to 8 as my goal then 9, etc. moving 1 mile up each week. I also want to add on two days a week of resistance wt. work. Well, that's my goal anyway...

next...

SunnyD57 03-24-2005 12:55 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../EASTER102.gif

Again, *Welcome* Bonnie-2! It's good to see that you have stuck around. I am not yet 50, just 48 right now (the thread baby, so to speak ;) ), but the gals have made it a warm and inviting place here for me to stay... I have loved getting to know them as friends & I KNOW you will too enjoy it here too.

A bit about me :^: I (Donna) have been married to my Joe for almost 30 years (this June 21st) and we have 3 furry kids ( :sssh: cats)... Domino (9), and brothers - Guido & Zeppe (3). I look forward to getting to know you better. Sorry I haven't been on the thread to post, but with Easter fast approaching, there's much to be done at church and so little time to play. After Easter I will be on more frequent again :bubbles:

My best girlfriend is on WW's and she loves it! It's really a good program for her, I think you will do very well on it too. There are WW's boards here at 3fc's - have you found them? If not, I will give you a link ;) Me... I am on *The Maker's Diet* by Jordan Rubin for health reasons, but haven't lost any more weight on it yet. I hope to as I increase my activity. I have very ill with IBS, Diverticulitis and a Spastic Colon for quite a long time and have just recently began to feel health again from his program. It's quite costly in food and supplements, but oh so worth feeling well again :flow1: I am on Day 25 (I think) and am feeling healthier as time passes. He said it could take up to 3 months for the intestines to fully recover and rebuild, but I think I am doing real well. I just need to see the sun and feel some warmth again! I hope soon!

Joe & I have been watching *The Amazing Race* too (well, we record it and watch it later) --- it's a great way to travel without the cost ;) We love watching how Rob and Amber work together! They really make an awesome team! They are the couple from the *Survivor* show. I don't necessarily want to see them win again, but love watching them play! Rob is SMART!

*~*~*

Whew :faint: all caught up now (I hope ;) )...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 03-24-2005 01:22 PM

Me again...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../EASTER124.gif

Well... let me begin here:

Last Saturday - we stayed home all day long just enjoying a day at home. Joe took down the rest of the Christmas lights outside and put away our Christmas Tree (that has been on the porch) under the house to store. And then he put in a new filter system on our water lines - to filter out MORE of the chlorine we get from the pump-house in the park. I spent the whole day Saturday making a poster board for the sales of our CD's, we're hoping to sell a few for during the Easter season. I think it really came out nice. Then on Sunday after church, Joe & I went grocery shopping and then met our friends, Mike & Peggy, to see the movie *Robots* @ around 5:00 - it was really a cute movie (it did make me laugh hard in a couple spots), but I think you could wait to see it on DvD at home ;) The fun part for me was just going out with our friends and their daughter, Lisa, & her boyfriend. After the movie... we all went out to dinner at the *Red Robin* restaurant and I got a chicken breast grilled and they wrapped it in lettuce leaves (instead of a bun) with red onion and tomato and I used Bar-B-Q sauce in it - yummy and it didn't bother me at all. I think I have figured out a way to eat out wisely. I just have to be selective in *where* I go - making sure the restaurant will work with me, and so far so good.

Monday & Tuesday I worked on Easter Cards for my family (they are all out of state) so I could send off their Easter baskets I made them (I made 5 pkgs.) - that was fun. I just put together small boxes with Easter grass, goodies and games and such... nothing special - just want them to know that I am thinking of them. Today I have spent most of the day right here on the computer - catching up with my e-mails and with posting... I cannot believe that I am so far behind in just a few short days :dizzy:

We had a practice on Tuesday night @ 7pm - a Healing Service to sing for on Wednesday @ 7pm. And then Joe has a Choir practice on Thursday (tonight) @ 7pm and then we have the Stations (re-enactment), Friday @ 8pm. Then we'll be going into the Easter weekend... Saturday night Joe has an Easter Service to do with his choir and then we have the Easter Sunday Services. Yup, quite a busy week!

Once we are home on Easter Sunday Joe and I are having Easter dinner here (at our own home this year)... Annie (Joe's sister) invited us over, but both of us really wanted to be home this year. I am making Lamb and Lentil Soup and Stuffed Tomatoes with Pecan Pie for dessert (a special treat :T ). It will be a relaxing day for Joe after all he had to do over the week into the weekend.

So... what will you gals be doing for Easter Sunday???
What do YOU have planned for dinners?
Family?
And such...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

bon5000 03-24-2005 09:44 PM

Enjoy reading your posts sunnyd. Went to jazzercise last p.m. & tonite, now the Easter weekend ahead to try & watch What I eat, going to son & family Sat. Rest of family here Easter after sunrise service, church breakfast. Busy busy busy. happy, Holy Easter all. Bonnie2

SunnyD57 03-24-2005 10:10 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...yD57/ss-e4.gif

:wave: Hi Bonnie2, You know... I worked for Jazzercise as a Registrar (signing people up) for 15 years. My hubby still does repairs for their equipment here at the Jazzercise Ctr. where we live. I enjoyed it when I was working for them & working out there, but my health got worse, so I had to quit. It's neat to know you go there ;)

Have a Wonderful Easter!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 03-24-2005 10:23 PM

Hey there Bluet!! Mikala's been voted off - Finally! :dance: :cp: I don't mean to sound so happy about it, but she was tough to listen to!! On second thought... :dz: I am happy, she'll be okay but I didn't know if my ears would be if she stayed on :^: I honestly don't know how she made it on there for as long as she did.

Can't believe I am still awake- it's after 10 :o
Heading for bed now... night...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sheila53 03-25-2005 12:16 AM

Hi, everyone!!

Just a short one tonight to say we got into the house around 4:00 pm. Yippie! We took photos, too. First thing we did was pull up carpet to see about the hardwood. There definitely is hardwood in the dining room, entry and down the hall. The living room is a step down and there's hardwood that goes over the edge. It's so cool!

Tomorrow I'll be at the house working, but will try to get on again and get some photos.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Sheila53 03-25-2005 12:47 AM

New House

3 Attachment(s)
Okay, got some photos of the outside of the new house. As you can see, we have a lot of work pulling out junipers! We're not so thrilled with the color, but the paint job is relatively new so it will stay brick red for a while.

bon5000 03-25-2005 06:24 AM

I was glad M. got voted off last night A. Idol. :coffee:

SunnyD57 03-25-2005 07:32 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../EASTER111.gif

Hi Sheila, Ooooo you were up late last night. Bet you are one very tired :tired: person! I was thrilled to see that you posted pictures of your new home... :cp:

I am not a big fan of brick red either, but I think that over all it's a really nice home! What color would you paint it if you could right now? As for the wood floors - awesome! Isn't it something how they put those beautiful floors in and then covered them up - carpet was really in then. I am so happy for you! I do hope it all continues to pan out for you. I really like the last pic of your new home showing the yard along with the home.

Thinking of you...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Angel-lover 03-25-2005 09:05 AM

Good morning everyone,
SunnyD...I always love all of your graphics, also! I don't say it often enough. I suppose I've come to expect it out of you. ;) You've got us spoiled! Enjoyed reading all the "catch up" posts.
About the granddaughter cheerleading...I'm afraid the school they're at (most schools here) are promoting students by who they know, instead of their abilities. It wasn't just her, a lot of parents are upset. The oldest, that's going into the 11th grade, was upset, also. They have always given "head cheerleader" to a Junior or Senior, out of respect. This time they gave it to a girl that's just going into the 10th grade! That's the same as an insult to the Juniors & Seniors who have been cheering for years! This girl's parents were associated with those who made decisions. :^: I told my daughter if she wanted to get others together & go "picket" the school, I'd be there with her! :D Don't think she's going to, though. I know it was that way when I was in school, but was hoping things were different, now. If your parents weren't doctors, lawyers, or someone well-known, then you were nothing. Those students got everything. I remember at my graduation....everyone in my class were amazed at my typing (one of my few talents). They all said I'd get the typing award. I didn't though...one of the teacher's daughters got it. Not putting her down, but she really couldn't type. :^: My soon-to-be DH was furious!! I really wasn't surprised.
I DID watch the first round of "Survivors" & enjoyed it...all but the fact it took so many weeks. I'm impatient & didn't want to wait from week to week to get to the final episode. I've always been impatient. If I start something, I'll sit up all night to finish it, if I have to...or it drives me nuts! I need to watch this week to see how the guys from Alabama talk. When does it come on? You're right, I AM posting like crazy! :lol:

Sheila.....I LOVE your house! I don't worry so much about the outside color (unless it's wild!) Such a pretty, & neat place. You'll have the yard the way you want it in no time. Until then, it looks great as it is.
You've got hardwood!!!!!!!! It'll be so pretty....& save you money on floor covering. :D I want pics of the inside of the house, now. Remember what I said about being impatient. :lol:

Bluet....Hope you enjoy your weekend away from OB! Are you going to have grands over for Easter weekend? Will eggs be hidden out in the yard or pasture? I'd love to do that. I haven't been on a real farm in a long time. Our 2 1/2 acres hardly qualifies for a farm. :p
It's been a couple of days since you posted. Hope you & DH are ok.

Hi Bonnie-2...How's the diet going? I've got to get some will power to lose the rest of what I've gained back. I don't know why it's so hard for me this time. My sugar cravings have been out of control! I even bought some pills to help with sugar cravings. I take them, then eat my sweets! :^:

I hope you all have a great Friday! (TGIF!!! "Thank God I'm Forgiven!")

Sheila53 03-26-2005 12:59 AM

SunnyD, cool house graphic! Thanks for the good house wishes. I'm not sure what color I'd paint it. Something lighter and more cottage-y looking, I think. I like the ivory trim.

Charlotte, if I were one of those cheerleader's parents, I'd be hopping mad at all the politics. Hard to believe that they'd pick a sophomore for head cheerleader. That was pretty rotten about the typing award, too. I do have some photos of the inside, but I have to size them and mess around with them. No time for that!

Today I got almost one wall of wallpaper stripped (luckily there was only one wall in the office that had wallpaper, but it's two layers), and my DH did one wall of border in the guest room. He has to strip the borders because they are just too high for me. The muscles in the front of my neck are so hypertrophied and contracted that I can't tilt my head back very well. This is where my movement disorder comes in handy because I have a medical excuse for not scraping the wallpaper border! :lol: While he was working on the borders, I was taking off the switch plates and removing hardware from the bathroom cabinets. We then took down all the drapes and blinds. Finally decided on the color of the walls after I tried out three different paints. I ended up taking our lampshade into the paint store because it's exactly the color I want on the walls. Bet the paint store clerks see people do stuff like that all the time. Also got the floors measured for carpet and vinyl by a very talkative guy. He sure knows his stuff, but he made my head ache. Tomorrow it's wall washing and masking for me, and more border stripping for DH.

Have a great Easter everyone! SunnyD, hope Joe's music program goes well--actually, I'm sure it will. Have fun with the GK's, Bluet. Hi to you, too, Bonnie2! Also, hope everyone's weather is better than ours. No-one will be able to hunt Easter eggs outside around here.

Oh, forgot to add that I lost a pound this week. I'm getting the stuff I gained over the winter off slowly. Gain fast, lose slow. *Sigh*

Angel-lover 03-27-2005 10:11 AM

SunnyD57 03-28-2005 08:44 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...TSQUARES21.gif

:sunny: Good Morning my Friends :sunny:

So did everyone have a lovely Easter Sunday?!?
What did you do & have for meals?
:T

Joe & I sure did!! We went to church @ 7:30am and got home at around 11ish. Then we had a brunch together. Then we just chilled out... Joe took a much needed nap with his pal Zeppe and I had a chance to catch up with some magazines that I have saved and wanted to read through. I enjoy the *Woman's World* magazine that comes out weekly... do any of you read it? What I enjoy about it is the very short, but informative, articles and the jokes and stories. Anyway... after Joe woke up, we decided to go for a drive just to venture out for about 40 min. and took a short walk in the park - it was still that damp cold, so we didn't stay. Then we came home and I put together our Easter meal that I prepared the day before: the Lentil Soup, the Marinated Lamb Chops (done on the grill), and the Rice, Basil & Parmesan-Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes... it all came out so good! :T Joe was like... "Would you make this again? Before next Easter" :lol: It always thrills me me he enjoys a meal I have taken time to cook up. Then we watched a movie I bought at Wal-Mart for $5.00 titled *Music From Another Room* with Jude Law... it was a nice romance story... Joe liked it too :) I do have some pictures that I will share with you all later of our decorations and our dinner :D

*~*~*

Hi Charlotte, How did you get on yesterday to post?! I tried, but nothing worked... thanks for the Easter Resurrection greeting :flow1: Pretty! I know you all enjoy the graphics I post, you don't have to concern yourself with telling me each time ;) I do find such pleasure in sharing them with you all here.

As for the school politics... how sad, you know, I guess that because I don't have children in the schools today I didn't pay close enough attention to what happens in them as far as the games played. I do feel for our kids today - getting all caught up in some of the grown-ups slanted views. It probably wouldn't matter if your DD chose another school for her kids... it will be in that new school too. I have friends that are school teachers, but they try NOT to talk about what goes on IN the schools when we get together. What a shame that you were passed up for your typing like that - I use to be very good in typing myself, but my skills have waned through the years - getting better now as I play on the computer more. I still have a hard time in that I tend to still watch the keyboard instead of the screen :lol: I do remember being very picked on in school, because I was always a "new" kid (military)... I often began a new school in the middle of a school year - talk about tough on a kid!! Everyone was established with their friends and clicks and then there was me! To say the least I had a very difficult time and was extremely shy (believe it or not!). I didn't open up till after I met my Joe and he showed me that it was okay to be me :flow2: Something how things in life shape you, isn't it. Makes you wonder what direction you could have gone in if a person wasn't altered by certain trials in life... but then again, I have found that mine have made me stronger, a more secure person as an adult :flow2: Interesting... ... I bet that your dear grandchildren will rise past all their trials too and become well-adjusted adults as long as they have guidance, love & someone to stand up for them. And I believe they have that ;)

Hi Sheila, I received your e-mail ;) Sounds like you were one "very busy" gal over the weekend! Exciting, huh!! I am so happy for you! I bet that the your new home and all that has to be done will be "all consuming" for quite a bit of time, but it will all be worth it once you have finished :bubbles: I cannot wait to see some progress pictures, Sheila!! You will share some with us, won't you?? What are the colors in your lamp-shade that you used in your home?

Yes... thank-you, Joe's music program went Wonderfully! He was so pleased with the choir and the celebration was just beautiful! I was beaming I am so proud of him and what he can do! People just love him! What a wonderful way to begin the day of Christ's Resurrection :sunny:

I thought you would enjoy the house graphic ;) I myself, enjoy a very pale yellow color for a home... I saw one yesterday on our drive that looked on the outside just like the home I'd enjoy having - if we had a house. It was a butter yellow (very soft in color) and trimmed in white with a wrap-around porch all the fancy trims like you would see in the older homes. So well kept and easy on the eye with wildflower gardens all around, just beautiful!

Congrats on the POUND loss!! :dancer:

*~*~*

Speaking of pounds... it's time for me to get on the T-Mill this morning even though I'd rather not :p I must burn some calories off from the goodies I enjoyed yesterday :o Joe bought me a few Dark Chocolate Eggs (you will see them in my pictures). I did have one (they are big), but will enjoy the rest in smaller bits. He wanted to have something for Easter. Oh, we also colored a dozen eggs together yesterday afternoon --- FUN!!!

Hello's to our MIA's... :wave: Bluet/Bonnie-1, Bonnie-2 & Diane...
& any anyone else out there lurking.
*Have a Wonderful Monday*

(((Hugs)))
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Angel-lover 03-28-2005 12:05 PM

Good morning friends.........

Had a very stormy Easter! We just had a regular service (small church) & song Easter songs....I song "Resurrection Morn". Then DH & I went out to eat & came home. Called all the kids & talked with them. Nothing really special.

Sounds like you had a fantastic Holiday, SunnyD! It's time for you & Joe to get some well-deserved rest, now. ;)
I couldn't post on Saturday night....although I started sending the "Resurrection Day" graphic to all of you by pm's. Sheila was first, & I hit "submit", & received a message that the site would be down for awhile. So, I don't know if it went through or not. I didn't try again, until Sunday morning. There was a message that the site was "limited". I tried posting the graphic & it worked! :D

I can't stay on long.....Monday's my long day.
I DID have something very special to happen to me. On the front page of the paper was an artical telling of me being nominated by the Chamber of Commerce to receive an award for "Volunteer of the Year"! I had no idea this had happened. My sister called & told me, because I don't get the paper. Of course, I bought one yesterday evening. ;) Even if I don't get the award, it's an honor to be nominated! The comments in the artical was very nice. I don't do the volunteer work to be noticed, but I have to admit, it made me feel pretty good. :)

I've got to get going. The managers have been out of town since Friday morning & not due in until late tonight, so got a lot to prepare for at the station. They went to Missouri to visit their son & family.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Bluet 03-28-2005 10:01 PM

Good Evening,

We had a very nice Easter. We went to church and then out to brunch at a very nice resturant. Then the children all game back to our house to visit for awhile. We got to see Adam, who is six months old now. He is sitting up and playing with his toys and he laughs a lot, My they grow up so fast.

It is so nice that all of you enjoyed your Easter. Our weather was fantastic. It was close to 50 degrees and sunny. Unfortunately there was a distinct lake breeze off the lake, which is quite chilly this time of year. The resturant is located right downtown about two blocks from the lake. But away from the lake at our house it was warmer.

Sheila, I really like your house and I have no problem with the color at all. I think it is absolutely charming. It would be nice if we could all meet at your place for a painting party, I would enjoy that. :)

Sunny sounds like you had the perfect Easter. Glad that you and Joe could spend some time together and share the wonder of a beautiful day.

Charlotte, congratulations on your award. I am so happy for you. It is wonderful to love the work you do.

Diane, hope your Easter was wonderful and that you are feeling ok.

Bonnie2, it was good that you could get togehter with family too. Hope you had a special day.

I loved all your posts and the graphics, what a colorful happy thread we have. It looks just like spring.

Love...Bluet

Angel-lover 03-29-2005 05:09 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...olltuesday.gif

Good early morning everyone...
It's a little after 3am, & I've been awake for well over an hour. Might as well get up. :( Something terrible happened at the TV Station that has me upset, & I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd just talk about it a little, if you all don't mind.
I got to the station at 11:45 & immediately saw the side foyer door had been broken completely out! Later, found it was a block that had been thrown threw it. I went to the front door & let myself in, checking out the building. Everything looked fine. Nothing in either studio was disturbed, cameras, etc still there. The computers (we have several) were untouched, all monitors (tv sets) were all there. Brother Jones office was ok. So, I decided some mean kids probably had broken the glass door just for kicks. I went to the office that Connie & I share to call & report it, & found a terrible mess! All of the money (which was locked up) was gone, & the personal things on both of our desks had been knocked across the room & broken! They didn't do a clean sweep of the desks, knocking everything off, but went between the phones, adding maching, roll-a-dex, etc, to get to the pictures, angels, whatever we had, & destroyed it! (gee....looks like it's not meant for me to have anything anymore, especially my angels. :( )I fell all to pieces! I finally got myself together & called Connie & Bro Jones, who were still 5 hrs away...but, on their way back. He talked to me so calmly & reassuringly. If they had panicked, like I did, I'd never made it through!
After I called the police, I let two of the guys on staff know, & they came to be with me. My sister called in the middle of me talking to the police, & I told her why I couldn't talk....she sent my brother-in-law, who stayed all evening! I may have been alone at first for awhile, but had plenty of help for the rest of the day. The whole evening consisted of police investigation, dealing with insurance, getting the door replaced....etc. I was totally exhausted! Connie & Bro Jones got there around 5pm.
I stayed & went on with my program at 6pm, with my BIL helping me. I was still trembling, after all that time! It hurts so bad to know someone would take from a Christian Station, where everyone works so hard. Also, to know someone would do me & Connie that way about our personal things. :?: Connie was scolding me for going into the building alone, when I found the door broken out........I didn't think about it, was just anxious to check things out.

Bluet...I'm glad you had a nice Easter, enjoying those grands. It's hard to believe Adam is 6 months old, already!
I haven't won the award, yet, just nominated. It's an honor to just be nominated, though. I received my letter from the Chamber of Commerce yesterday. They were telling me about it, & inviting me to the banquet Thursday night for the award ceremony. That's when the winners will be announced. All of the nominees will receive recognition! I've been volunteering at the TV Station since '94, when it first came to our town. I never thought about anything like this. I just felt it was something the Lord wanted me to do. I also sing at a few nursing homes & assisted living. Not as much as I did for awhile, though, because of this aggravating RA. Thursday night is also when my 3 granddaughters (sisters)will be in a pageant at the school. I had promised them I would be there. I made them that promise before knowing about the nomination, so I plan on keeping my word to them. I'm sure they will contact me, if I win.

Well........thanks for listening to me, everyone. I just had to vent & get it out of my system about the break-in. I'll try to post more, later today.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...GIES_30862.gif

bon5000 03-29-2005 06:39 AM

That is just terrible what they did to the station Charlotte, I would have been scared also & disappointed that someone didn't have any christian values especially for the Easter blessed holiday. Let us know how it comes out.
We had a great Easter weekend. Sonn & family Sat. Easter sunrise service & men of Church made pancakes & scrambled following that. Other son, Daughter & family came for dinner here at 1:00. We have 3 grands so far allunder2 yrs.

Back to work yesterday. went to jazz. last nite. better get ready for work. talk again when I can. Bonnie2