Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 02:10 PM   #76  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

it's me, one more time!

Andrea (prepare yourself for an old person's question) who is Slipknot? I have seen that the concert has been a goal of yours...
Old 03-23-2005, 02:45 PM   #77  

Holly - About your tank sticker -
My other favorite sticker reads:
"Good girls go to heaven....Bad girls go everywhere"
I have never heard of the Harley Rendezvous but it sounds awesome. There are always gonna be Harley die-hards that like to shove it in your face. BUT even at the Harley 100th Anniversary there were all kinds of bikes. Most of the time, everyone gets along no matter what you ride, but there are ***_oles everywhere,.......
About the tent - DH and I have the smallest - but it's never been used. I'm like you and feel like after riding there is nothing like a warm shower, blow dryer, towels and a real bed.......

Andrea - Ditto - on Hollys question about Slipknot......lol
Old 03-23-2005, 06:03 PM   #78  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

It's ok Holly and Star...Slipknot is a very heavy metal-type band. My husband is around your ages (43) and he can't stand it. They play a song called Vermillion, actually there are 2 songs for Vermillion ...there's Part 1 and Part 2. I really should take that off my signature, since there's no way I can lose 13 pounds in less than a week. Oh well!

--"Good girls go to heaven....Bad girls go everywhere" ---I LOVE that. I may need to find a sticker like that!

That Harley Rendezvous sounds awesome, but I agree Holly, it may be uncomfortable if there is too much brand bashing. I haven't noticed a lot of that with the places we've been to, but none have been billed as just one brand's party either.

On Saturday, my husband's work's motorcycle club is having the 1st meeting of the season. We're going to go, but there is this guy that butts into every position (kind of a takeover-knowitall) and if he gets elected President, then we may not be too involved with. I don't know these people, but that's what Mike says about the guy. I'm just along for the ride!

The damn cold is still here, but I have been working out and determined to not let it control my life. I am just doing my normal stuff. LOL. It's been nice being off work b/c then I can workout in the morning instead of waiting until after 4pm. As for weightloss, I don't think that I am losing at all. Instead I feel a little more bloated. Maybe that's with the cold? Either way, if I workout it should help in the long run.

Holly-- Those eggs sound gorgeous! You are so talented to be able to create something like that. I think that I have seen some a long time ago. It's really cool that you do that! Oh, by the way, if you don't mind...pm me with that link for the pics.

Star-- How's the packing going? I really hate moving...I can drag it out forever. LOL. How are your teeth feeling with the braces?

Well, ladies, I will chat with you some more later!

Hugs!
Old 03-24-2005, 10:23 AM   #79  

Andrea -
About the "Good girls go to heaven-Bad girls go everywhere" helmet sticker, I actually have a license plate on my Focus that says that too. I just turned my Blazer lease SUV in yesterday (got the Focus from stepchild that couldn't afford it). Anyhow I was gonna retire the Bad girls plate, if you lived closer I would give it to you.....lol I got it back when I was single, but my DH never cared about me having it on my ride.

My report today is - I DIDN'T workout this morning.......BUT I have a reason. My DH is home packing a truck to take up north and so I slept in with him, danrk coffee and got ready for work. It felt really strange....lol
Plus, I just found out that I don't have to work tomorrow. This is wonderful news becuz he was taking the truck up north tomorrow, now I can go and maybe drive the car hauler with the 57 Chevy in it. I was kinda worried about not being able to atleast supervise......lol

About your husbands works bike club. We have belonged to two clubs and there is always a takeover-knowitall in every group. I don't know how, but they usually do get elected. It's just the down side of clubs, which are otherwise awesome. I say you go, join and make the best of it. Usually there is a big group that can't stand the knowitall anyhow.
You have been sick, a chick can only do so much; work, ride, workout, be sick.....lol
Like you said, the main thing is that you are trying and you know what needs to be done, it just doesn't happen as fast as we like. But eating right, working out, getting to know your body - it's all good! It will pay off, so just keep it up - your doing all the right stuff! (I like to say this becuz it does me good to hear it too).
later chicks.....
Old 03-24-2005, 03:48 PM   #80  
We're TTC!!

Hey Star-- You are right about the bike club...who knows the guy might have good ideas? There's 75 possible members and I only vaguely know about 2. It may be a good expericence to meet other people and if not and we don't like it then...no biggie.

I am glad that you have the day off tomorrow and will be able to help haul the Chevy and supervise, lol! Any plans for Easter? We are just doing the family thing with Mike's family I think. I really don't expect my parents to do much for the holiday...other than dinner together.

Have a save trip and talk to you soon!
Old 03-24-2005, 03:54 PM   #81  

Rebel - We are gonna be packing and moving stuff over the weekend. So for Easter my kids and grandbabies are going to my mom's house. We will probably go there and eat too. My mom cooks a huge spread, enuf food for an army and since she's from TN she know how to cook - yummy! She's one of those 'apron' women, you know the ones that have to feed you if you come thru their door?
I'm sure I will be looking for alittle chocolate on that day too.

Yes, you and DH go, check out the club, you'll for sure meet alot of nice bikers and maybe afew jerky ones. You'll get some good rides out of it and do all that cook stuff bike clubs do. Hey you have a great Easter too.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:17 PM   #82  
We're TTC!!

Star- Take it easy with the moving and packing...be careful...don't hurt yourselves! Oh, and enjoy your chocolate!!

Holly-- Thanks for the pics! I love your bike and the scenery...breathtaking...
Old 03-25-2005, 09:22 PM   #83  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi ladies! thank you Andrea, glad you liked them! I'll certainly have more scenic pics of Vermont riding when the #@%!%&*#@ snow and ice is gone

Star, best wishes on packing and driving and unpacking! You know, as I do, that a specific benefit of consistent exercise is that we can do a day's out-of-the-ordinary physical work of moving, such as a lot of bending, lifting, carrying up and down stairs...and not being sore the next day. I take it for granted now, but am reminded of it when I am with someone else that day, and THEY complain bitterly of being so sore and lame the next day...and I feel fine (hey - I've worked for it - I'll brag about it )

I also agree with you Star, about there always being a couple souls in a crowd that we could do without but as long as they don't actively bother/harm us, it's best to try to ignore them and have fun! So enjoy the club, Andrea!

We're actually going to our first club meeting, the United Motorcyclists of Vermont, in two weeks. My husband is going to take over the maintenance and updating of their website. Oh, and we recently joined a national (or maybe even international club) the AMA (M is for Motorcycle, not Medical ) They have a great website, that will keep you up to date on anything relating to motorcycles in the media, bills that are being debated that you can let your local politicians know your opinion. And of local riding events, charities, etc. Plus they sponsor racing, but I'm not into that. Yet.

My plans for Easter are...to be at work! My husband is on call for the local Rescue Squad all day, so he couldn't leave the town limits anyway. My older son has to work 'til 4:00 pm, so I told the boss that he could give everyone else the day off, and I'll just bake the usual morning pastries, get coffee and newspapers ready, and just be behind the register.

Believe it or not, Easter morning/early afternoon is VERY busy for us. We're a skiing resort town, and there are still many tourists around. Plus, on Sunday morning, there is a Sunrise Easter Service on top of Mount Mansfield, that about 2000 people attend each year They ride the Gondola up to the top, and the Service starts at like 4:48 a.m. It's really beautiful, feeling you're on top of the world (actually over 4000 feet!) when the sun rises...very spiritual. And then they all come off the mountain, looking for coffee and muffins and the Sunday newspaper! and I will be there to ring them up

One good thing, I'll have my 14-yr-old son to help me. He wasn't too keen on it at first, but after I told him I'd pay him $25 and he could have anything he wanted to eat in the store, he was game You KNOW what a 14-yr-old boy's appetite is like, and I said he could be turned loose in a deli and little grocery store with chips, soda, candy

He'll actually be very helpful putting together the newspapers when they arrive, making gallons of coffee, breaking down boxes, stocking the cooler, and bagging for me. I'm glad that he likes to earn money by helping his ol' mom

Oh! and I have a few pictures of the Panoramic Sugar Eggs that I've been making to sell at the store. They're discussed in my other "home" here

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...&page=37&pp=15
Old 03-28-2005, 10:08 AM   #84  

Morning Biker Chicks...

Holly - Thank you for reminding me, I was the most in shape person invloved in our move. Go-Trina, Go-Trina.....lol
The move went really great! Took alot of extra stuff up north for storage and alot of garage sale stuff. That will be fun, there is one weekend when everyone up there has garage sales. Only bad part is I won't get to go to everyone elses.....Like I need more junk right? lol
Andrea - Thanks for reminding us to be careful....DH did most the work, well him and the sons. He did hurt his back but it was from sleeping on the bunkbed and the slats had separated....he's better now. He has been working like a dog - gotta love him!
Holly - your eggs are beautiful....I can see how it gives you pleasure to make them!
Also, your job sounds awesome, like something out of a movie. And sounds like your keeping DS busy with some extra spending cash......
Talk to ya'll later....hugs
Old 03-28-2005, 10:26 AM   #85  
We're TTC!!

Holly- I love the Easter egg pics. Wow, you did a beautiful job on them. I showed dh the eggs and he thought they were so pretty. It sounds like your weekend was busy and its so nice that your son was going to help you out.

Star- I hope the packing and moving went ok!

I have some exciting news...at the motorcycle club meeting a director for the company said that O.C.C was commissioned to build a bike for the company. The company has sent parts to them already, contract signed and all! I guess they wont feature it on the show because that costs some BIG $$$$. Anyhow, they are going to take a tour of the factory, to get some ideas, then present the bike to the factory and THEN dedicate it at a Nascar race in Dallas. The director said that it would be nice to get a group together to ride down there and then be able to ride behind the OCC guys at some point. Not quite sure.

Another piece of news... I am ready for a I had this dream the other night that we were someplace and on my hip was the most adorable blonde little girl (like a 1 year old) in a light pink jacket that called me "Mommy" and it was a great dream. I didnt want to wake up. I really liked that feeling. I've known I wanted kids, but not too badly. My dh has from the beginning. Dont get me wrong...we really like being spontaneous and doing as we please, but I guess now we're both ready. I have things to do before then...like getting in better shape, take the MSC, and I may have fertility issues. I'm not in a big hurry or anything, but it is something I would like to see in the very near future.

It was a beautiful Easter yesterday. We spent the day at Dh's moms house with all his family. He rode the bike and since we brought some food I took the food in my car. He gave his aunt a ride and she had a blast. It was a nice weekend. I hope that you girls had a good weekend and are doing good.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:48 AM   #86  

Andrea - Well your dream sounds beautiful! There is just something about little girls! I had two boys (blonde/white haired - big blue eyes). Now they have both had babies (well DDIL's did), one a blonde baby boy and the other a baby girl. They are my joy.
Anyhow, sounds like you had a wonderful very important weekend and I bet your DH is thrilled about your new discovery and dream.......congrats
Old 03-28-2005, 12:04 PM   #87  
We're TTC!!

I agree about little girls, but I would be thrilled with a little boy, too!

My SIL was telling me that she had fertility problems with all 3 of her kids and that she discovered that she had PCOS. She told me some of the symptoms and it sounded a lot like me. Well, I have been reading some sites for information and sure enough, I see even more resemblences. So, I think that I am going to get into the Dr. in the next few weeks and see what to do.

I am also really considering doing South Beach again, but counting calories with the plan. My dh rolls his eyes b/c we go from WOE to WOE! We did agree that when we did SB we ate too big of portions. So, if I watched portions as well as calories we may be more successful. I don't know. I ate like a pig last week even with exercising and I am just trying to get back in the swing of it all.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #88  

Andrea - forgive me (blonde) what is PCOS?
Old 03-28-2005, 02:00 PM   #89  
We're TTC!!

Trina its polycystic ovarian syndrome. I don't know much about it, but I am learning more.

Some bad news...I called dh over lunch break and he sounded REAL down and said that we needed to talk when he gets home b/c at work he was told that 30% of them are being laid off. So, he is very likely one that will. He has 15 years in there, but he was laid of for 2 1/2 years and rehired just this past May...so...
I said a quick prayer that we will be ok and maybe he won't be laid off and that's about all we can do for now. I am going to work on his resume b/c there is another aircraft plant that is hiring. We'll see!
Old 03-28-2005, 02:14 PM   #90  

Andrea - You are in my thoughts - keep your spirit positive !
Closed Thread