Old 03-24-2005, 11:04 AM   #136  

I am glad you weren't hurt. ANd I appreciate your concern about workouts, but honestly my body feels better when I do work out frequently. I did make it to the gym today for the "Sculpt and STrength" class I have been wanting to try. It was fun. Can't wait until next time.

Well, back to work for me. Have a great day all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:58 AM   #137  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey all,
Slap me with the bat for I have been lurking. As with some of you, trying to find it within me to do what I know I need to do.

I miss my family and am trying to adjust to my new life. There are many good things here but I do miss some of the familiar too. I keep telling myself that I am in control of my thoughts and it's critical to keep a good attitude.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in quickly to wish you all a happy Easter and I will try to get out of lurker mode here...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:30 AM   #138  

Happy Easter to everyone too. Hi, Happy- glad you stopped in. How is the new job going? Moving, etc.? I hope the good things outweigh the stuff you miss, and you settle in soon.

Things are improving here too. I am starting to be more conscious of the choices I am making, and steering towards the healthy choices more often than not. I want to get back to my goal of averaging 2 pounds lost per week.

Here's to us. Have a great day, everyone
Old 03-26-2005, 05:52 AM   #139  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hello. Happy Easter to all! Wish I could say I'd stuck to my Lenten challenge but I blew it about 5 weeks in. Still, 5 weeks is good! I don't know. I am feeling a lot better. Wow, did you see the moon tonight! Giant full moon. It's so beautiful. I love full moons, brings out the lunatic in me I guess. Well, like I was saying, I'm feeling a stirring of a desire to get back into shape, at least the shape I was in last summer. Now, looking back, that was great, back then I didn't think so. Ah well, we go through cycles, there's a lot of things that happen. Life, I guess you'd call it. . .

jolly -- glad to hear that sculpt and strength class was fun. I hope you can do better with your eating. You will. You're doing great on the exercise. Sure wish I could say the same about either. But, at least, today I did hook on the pedometer and went out at lunch and walked a lot. We had most of the work out of the way early so I took a very long lunch and my total for the day was over 15,000! Hurrah. The other week I realized I could do as little as 3,000 a day if I wasn't careful. Hooking it on helps to keep my mind in "walk!" mode.

happy -- sorry to hear you're missing people and having trouble adjusting. That's to be expected so don't feel like you have to feel any different. I wouldn't even say you should keep a good attitude if by that you mean don't feel your sadness. You're grieving, of course. But at least you can keep in touch. Your good attitude I guess should be staying on the lookout to make new friendships, develop new patterns and favorite places. It all takes time. Just think, no matter where you go, as long as you can access the Net, we can be there for you. Maybe that's not much but it is a constant in your life if you want it. I hope you feel better real soon. New friends and fun times are just around the corner I'm sure! Hang in there kid and take care. I'm halfway around the world from my family and I'm thinking of you! I think I know how you feel.

Everyone, I read that the forum will be down for a couple days. Yikes! Hope I won't get to lonely. . .Well, take care and hope to see you all soon.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 01:56 PM   #140  

Hello and happy Easter to all. I hope everyone is doing ok. I am actually doing better. I did not work out today - the gym was closed and I chickened out of starting a walk/jog program. excuses, excuses I know. But still, I feel more in control of things. It's a good thing.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, ladies. I am going to apply for a promotion. Would be a very good thing, and I think I could do a very good job.

Have a good one, and hope to talk to more of you later.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:19 PM   #141  
Choose your hard

Good luck on the promotion Jolly - sending good vibes. You go girl!
Old 03-28-2005, 12:31 PM   #142  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default Return of the Chach....

Hey Ladies,

Sorry about this entire month, basically, being MIA. So many things going on this month.

The jury duty is now done. It was a whole week, sitting in that jury box from 7:30-2:00, then going back to work and trying to get some of my regular stuff done. Just not condusive to a healthy lifestyle. I tried to be good with eating and everything, but grabbing something before I left, then sitting there for so long without being able to snack made me famished by the time I got to my car and headed home for lunch. I did pack good snacks, so when he sent us out on a potty break, then I would chow down on that. Just felt horrible with eating and not exercising last week. I actually got a mile in each day of walking and also walked the four flights of stairs at least once a day. So, it wasn't a total wash, but wasn't that good.

My dogs and son are okay after some time has passed with the attack. I am still looking for those dogs, but they have been nonvisible. I am sure those people are hiding them or keeping them very hidden. Once I see them, though, it's all over. I'm taking my camera with me when I bike and walk that area.

Good news.....we purchased the bike trailer for my son last weekend. Now I took the bike seat off my bike and he's going a nice Schwinn trailer to ride in. I can get good speed going and he just loves it. We found some nice Uniden radios on sale for $10.00 and a six mile range. We are taking those with us when we go biking and it's a good safety measure.

Its been snowing for three days solid. It was gorgeous the weeks leading up to this. They are expecting another 10 inches the next day. Ugh...just when I put up the snowblower, huh?

Today is Sewards Day--the day Alaska was discovered. It's a state holiday, so today I am doing the laundry, meeting a friend in a couple of hours, and going to do some errands. First on my list is to go find hubby's birthday present. He wants a new shotgun, and I have found one very nice and on sale. One of my co-jurors is the manager at Walmart, so I'm going to pull in a favor.

Then it's off to see The Ring Two. Hubby doesn't like scary movies, but a friend from work does, so she's meeting me here in about an hour and we're going to head out. Then a healthy lunch and a little grocery shopping and that is it. A day with my son at school, hubby at work, and just a girl day.

Ladies, I've missed you so much. I've been so off track that I am giving myself April 1 for a new restart date. Not that I have been totally off track, but the determination and drive has been seriously lagging the last month. Time for that to start over.

I will be better about checking in now that my life has calmed down a bit. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. I had a nice relaxing day and enjoyed my family and friends.

Happy Monday.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:05 AM   #143  

Hey, I found you guys! All my thread subscriptions died and I had a hard time getting back here. I'm sad that this forum was down over Easter, it might have been helpful to me, I blew it on chocolate and that was probably a "given" in terms of my giving it up for Lent. I just HAD to have it.... but I hope I'm "done" with the big time binge and can move on today? I have my WW meeting this morning and will hang my head in shame as I get on the scales. I know I'm "up".
Oh well.
Here I go again.
I wil check back in and try to read all your posts, guys, have been really busy here.
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:26 AM   #144  

Hello all. I made it to the gym this morning, though it was a close thing. I luckily had packed my bag last night, and put it in my car right away. That helps. I am excited about applying for the new position, but that also puts me in "deer in headlights" mode. I don't know why. Any excitement - good or bad - does that to me. One day at a time, Jolly. ONe day at a time.

Hope to hear more from everyone. I miss you guys.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #145  

Bummer... went to ww and weighed in. What happened to me? I gained 2.8 pounds since last week! I am in big trouble. I guess the Lent challenge was not the best idea for me as going off the wagon on Easter triggered a huge eating binge. I hope I can take it right off again, but I must say that with me at least it goes off so much slower than it goes on.
Jolly, good luck with the job.
DH is doing some consulting work and seems quite happy. I hope it all works out for us as well!
I'm hungry and dinner is an hour and a half away... I have water and had some cherry tomotoes and carrot sticks a little while ago. I will not give in until dinner!
Linda
Old 03-30-2005, 01:06 AM   #146  
Choose your hard

Hey all, sorry to hear about the post chocolate binges. Hopefully it's over and out of your system. It can get ugly - been there and know that. C'mon - here's a hand to pull you out of the slump and back on the wagon again. Just keep an eye out so I don't tumble over the side, eh?

Linda, good to hear that DH is doing some work - I'm sure that helps ease your worries some. Hope he likes what he's doing and makes some good contacts.

Jolly - to combat the "deer in headlights" mode, just put on some sunglasses and look cool You'll never know what could have been if you don't try, scary as it may be at times.

Chachee, it's good to see you back again. Geez I almost fell off my chair reading about that dog attack. How awful. I hope you find those dogs and their owners. Reminds me of a time several years ago, I was walking home from the train station minding my own business. I was walking along a busy street but on the sidewalk. I was lost in my own thoughts and all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw this huge great dane baring teeth and coming after me. He was chained up in the front yard but on a too long chain. I had no where to run but out into the street where I almost got hit by a car. It scared the bejeezus out of me. I swear if the owner would have come out I would have knocked them senseless. I don't hate dogs but people have to take some responsibility here, you know??? Hope you enjoyed your girl day.

Red, I saw the moon you were speaking of. If you catch it early and low on the horizon it's HUGE. We saw it the other night when we were at the store. I hope you found the inner strength to get on the up side of the track again.

We had a quiet Easter - just me and the DH. I did talk to my family on the phone for a long time. TWICE. Without a excess food it made it easier to get back on track again. Finally. I started with my water, watching portions and what I eat. Cut a new CD for exercising and the treadmill awaits me upstairs.

We are slowly getting settled. Found a bunch of stuff I thought was missing. Trying to put everything away so the place looks neat. Everything is in bloom - gorgeous colors all over. And it's even starting to get near to the 80's temperature wise. I think it's going to become "bloody" hot as everyone tells me very soon. The job is ok, it pays the bills. Like DH said today, it's better to have a job you might not be that crazy about than to have no job at all. It's not that my company is that bad, it's the way all of corporate America is today. Guess that makes me old if I say I long for the "good old days".

Oh well... hellos to Raven - I think of you guys everyday. Apparently there is a fair interest in horses out this way and some of the older homes have big lots and pastures and horses. There's one section on the drive home each night with shaded green trees and a few horses in the meadow grazing. It's such a peaceful site - makes me forget for 3 minutes the HORRIBLE drivers on the road here. Maybe we should all go back to horse and buggies!

Have a good one and come on back up here on the wagon...
Old 03-30-2005, 05:51 AM   #147  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hey all, am reading, just no time to catch up. Had a cat in the hospital to get teeth pulled, working, then to the gym! Hurrah! now home, wanting to get some sleep. . . will catch up later, promise!! Hi to jolly, happy, the chach!, derry, everyelse out there!! Rave, are you ok? How's the dog? Silence is scary. Let us know what's up. Later guys!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:34 AM   #148  

Exclamation Wednesday, the battle of the bulge continues......

Hi guys!
Well, I am beginning anew this week and decided to change my avatar to a spring flower.... time to get back to basics, just as our thread is titled.
Happy, it really sounds like you are getting settled and finding some peace, so glad for you!
The post chocolate binge is OVER and that is that, period. So, speaketh me. I am hoping to turn over a new leaf and get that extra weight off quickly. We'll see how I do once the weekend hits.... I'm always in trouble then.
I bought frozen strawberries yesterday, they are in a container sweetened with nutra-sweet, a cup and a half of them equals one WW point, not too bad! I also have light cool whip and so a serving of those with a dollop of cool whip will be a nice treat for a point after lunch or as my dessert tonight, maybe I'll make some sf Jello to go with it and make a real dessert out of it. I figure 3/4ths cup with the cool whip should be about a point and if I make the Jello, that is 0 points? I could even drag out the champagne glasses and make parfaits. It looks more appetizing that way, doesn't it?
Also, planning on making the famous ww garden vegetable soup today. Have you all tried that? I'll bet Chach has as it's a WW staple, but those of you who are not ww people might not know about it. It's filling, tasty and mainly chicken broth and veggies with cabbage. It's flavored with tomato paste and some herbs, like basil in it. It's always good to add to a lunch to fill you up without adding points. Sometimes, in between meals, I heat up a mug full in the micro and it "tides me over".
Today it will be about 60 degrees here in NH and sunny, finally some real spring weather, maybe I'll be truly inspired? Maybe I should get outdoors and walk around and see if some of the spring bulbs are coming up? I could exercise by picking up sticks in the yard now that the majority of our snow has melted, thank goodness!
So, here is my challenge for the week:
Low point healthy foods to fill me up, try to get back on track, work out/treadmill, journal and drink tons of water! Also, check in with my ww cookbooks and try to prevent boredom....
Sleep well, Red, and I hope your kitty is ok. Poor thing.
Linda
Old 03-30-2005, 08:59 AM   #149  

Hey all. I am pretty happy that I am back on the exercise track this week. Even with having to move my hours around due to the days off Friday and Monday, I am still getting it in. So, that is a good thing. Next week, will concentrate either on getting back to doing weights, or adding in cardio classes. I am not sure yet. I am STARTING to make better choices with my food. At least limiting my portions and not going all out with the binging. It's a start at least.

Have a great day all.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:32 PM   #150  

Hey y'all . . . Where are you? Come out come out wherever you are!

I hope things are going really well, or at least better for everyone. I will try to check back in tomorrow. Going to be a crazy day, but will try.