3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   ~~ The Thin Group # 52~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/5419-%7E%7E-thin-group-52%7E%7E.html)

ginabob 05-24-2001 09:49 AM

Hey everyone. Sorry I don't have time to post much today but I wanted to pop my head in and say howdy. We've got some software guys coming in to help us set up something new on our system. I am betting that I am going to be working hard pretty late into the night. Oh well. . . I could use the OT!! :)
I did read through everyone's post and am glad to see that everyone is doing well. Not much else to report here. The scales haven't moved down past the 20 lb mark in two weeks but I am trying not to focus on that. I just need to get a little more consistent and then I know the little red line will start going down again.

Gina

Gail 05-24-2001 12:22 PM

Hi Everyone! Can't believe it's Thursday already. This has been a pretty fast week. With it being our long weekend this past weekend, makes for a short week. :)

First, a big welcome to CarbFreak. If your name is any indication, carbs are your downfall, right? Mine too. I've had a really bad time lately, but things are coming together for me and I am getting back on program. You are in the right place for lots of support and encouragement. Don't think I could get along without this wonderful group for very long. Post often and tell us a little about yourself and by all means, make yourself at home. :D

Sharon, thank you so much for your encouraging email. Just to know others care means a great deal. This is a lifelong battle and someone who hasn't been there could never understand the way we all do for each other. Thanks for being such a great friend. :angel:

Thanks, Jo. Glad you missed me. :D Have fun this weekend. Your family will be so happy to see you. What a nice surprise.

Sandi, I appreciate your words of wisdom and know you are right. Funny how we have these mental blocks or stumbling blocks, I maybe should say. I know what I have to do, just haven't been able to do it. I have to get tough on myself again. That is the only thing that works for me. Thank you too for caring.

CJ, I'll bet when you get back from your cottage, you will be ready to get your 10 lb. ribbon. You sure have worked hard for that. Coping with the slowness of the weight loss is so difficult. You must have found the secret. Great going for you!

KimV, I'm sorry that you are having such a tough time. I understand how you must miss your Grandma. I lost my Mom last August and it is still so difficult. But time takes care of those things. I talk to her a lot and believe she hears me. She was in so much pain, it was a blessing that she didn't linger too long. It is so hard to lose loved ones. So happy that Hannah has been diagnosed - that is half the battle right there. You will be able to do what is right for her now.

Chrissy - Lucky you at Disneyworld. Hope it is a great vacation for you.

Trish, your trip sounds great. Congratulations on your weight loss. Good for you!

Sherry, Ginabob, Sylvia, MaryK, Angel, Dreamer, Judy, CH, Joanna, Regency, and everyone (no matter how I try, I always miss a few of you) :o, hope you are all doing well. Have a great day and if I don't get back here, those of you in the U.S. have a terrific Memorial Day long weekend. Love to all of you. G :)

Gail 05-25-2001 11:24 AM

Hi All! Sorry, didn't mean to scare you all away. :D

I guess you all must be busy getting a head start on the long weekend. Hope you all have terrific weather and lots of fun.

Just wanted to thank you for being here. I seem to be back into the swing of things and dropped 2 lbs. just since yesterday. Carb control! I'll be doing WW, so will be joining many of you on the WW plan as of yesterday. I know it is just water weight, but an encouragement nonetheless. Every once in awhile, I need a good dose of reality - like my largest clothes fitting again. :rolleyes: Well, hopefully, these few extra pounds will roll off as quickly as they rolled on and I will be on my way once again.

Carbfreak, where are you? Are you following any specific plan? Would like to hear from you - maybe we can help each other along a little. We used to have a Food Journal thread where we posted our food intake for each day. I like to post mine in the evening. Perhaps I should start one again for anyone who would care to join me. Please feel free to post there also. All participation is helpful.

Those of us who will be around this weekend, let's check in once in awhile and lend some support to whoever may need it. Could I be talking about Yours Truly? :s:

Take care everyone and have a safe and happy weekend. Love, G :) :wave:

Jello 05-25-2001 11:25 AM

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend! Did I make my Memorial Day challenge??? I don't even know. But I'm not going to worry about it. I am hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow morning. I deserve it! I've been good! :smug: Of course I say that as I finish the last of my Jelly Belly jelly beans here. But I only ate 7 (half a point on the WW plan) and I ate them slowly (took me half an hour). You should have seen me taking tiny little bites out of each jelly bean, one by one....

Anyway, hope you all have a great holiday! It's supposed to be gray and rainy here all weekend long but maybe I'll be out slopping around in the mud trying to get things planted. Could get interesting. :D

Have to go. Love to you all!
Jo.

P.S. Gail, love your salad image!! :lol:

Feelingblue 05-26-2001 03:47 AM

Can I join in?!

Hi everyone -
I just found this site yesterday, and emailed CJ - she told me to post, so here I am!
I seem to be able to relate to everyone - I am trying to keep to about 1200cals a day. I am 5'8", and weight 172 - would like to get to 150lbs - that's about as slim as I have been for a long time.
I am currently taking Prozac, and it seems to keep me on a more or less even keel, but still I am battling bulimia.
It seems to me that if I eat, then the more I want to eat. There are some days when I could eat anything, some days are easier. If I have a few good days, I am always just waiting for a bad one to come along when I EAT!
I am hoping that by having to tell you all how I have been doing each week (or day?!) I can keep myself honest.
thanks for your honesty
FB

angel-eyes 05-26-2001 10:24 AM

I DID IT!!!!

Good Morning Ladies.....I am so high..its a wonder I'm not hitting my head on the ceiling!!!...I DID IT!!!
Stepped on the scales this morning...and lo and behold--******I'M IN ONE-DERLAND*******, JUST......AND it's been a big struggle....the constant up/down of the same 3 lbs. So......it is with sincere thanks and gratitude that I say THANK YOU....to all those who stuck with me and offered encouragement when I was stuck. ~~~momof2boys,deb,fullhouse,ruth,cj. gail,sassy,momof2girls,suze5,suzi,TCW,chocolatelov er~~~...and many more...YAHOOOOOOOO.

Gail....hope you are okay...just heard there is a volcano eruption warning near your area....coming from the states....keep your fingers crossed!!!

FeelingBlue....nice to meet you. Hope to see you post often. I really enjoy the boards and usually 'chat' most nights. See you around.

For the rest of you.....(yanks)...Enjoy your Memorial Weekend!! Drive safe and stay on plan.

CH 05-26-2001 05:16 PM

Hello Ladies, Am enjoying this long week-end by working myself silly working at home. There's something wrong with this picture!!! But it does feel good getting some of this junk done.

I read this post up until Kim posted and I had to stop and address her, I will be back for you all later.

Kim---I am really sorry about your grandmother but like CJ said at least she is at peace now. The hard part is healing you. It will be hard for you but take peace in the fact you had her for so many years and you have all those beautiful memories of her. You can tell Hannah all of those stories someday.
Why I really wanted to address you is about Hannah. My only sister has one son and he is autistic. Like Hannah he is borderline also. Nicholas will be 5 in September. He has been in preschool in the public schools for one year now. He has been in speech and therapy for 2 years and made a lot of progress. I want to recommend a book for you. It is Unraveling the Mystery of Autism by Karyn Seroussi. It is the best book I have read on the subject and may give you some insight into autism. My sister is a special education teacher and I tell her all the time, God knew who to give Nicholas too. E-mail me at [email protected] if you want to talk or share information. I would be glad to talk to you at any time. Nicholas is a very special person in my life. He is a lot like "Rainman", he can memorize anything he hears, especially if it's put to music. He is most crazy about VeggieTales videos and has them all memorized.
Keep up informed of Hannah's progress. We have a local group of parents of autictic children that have been a great help. Maybe you have one too.

For everyone else I'll be back. (that's a threat)
Carolyn

Gail 05-26-2001 07:07 PM

HAPPY SATURDAY Y'ALL! :D

Gosh it feels good to be back with my old buddies once again. Thank you, Thank you for being here.

Jo, I have visions of you mucking around in the garden. :lol: Hope you have a great weekend.

Welcome to Feeling Blue. We've all been where you are at sometime and believe me, no one can understand the way we can. Our weight struggles are all pretty similar. It is a matter of beating down that monster within and taking charge. Takes a lot of mental strength to get the ball rolling, but it gets a bit easier with each good day. Post often and someone will be around to pick up on your post. This is such a great group.

AngelEyes, yes, I heard the volcano warning too. We have a pretty good view of Mount Baker in Washington, right from our kitchen window and I can't see any steam or anything. Hope it doesn't blow - it is so beautiful. I remember when Mt. St. Helene's blew. It got pretty messy for awhile. But lucky for us Westerners, most of it blew East. :p Do you remember that? Congratulations for crashing that plateau. They can be so frustrating and the cause for a lot of us giving up. Persistence has really paid off for you. Hope I can absorb some of your determination.

Ch/Carolyn - great that you are here again. Sorry though that you are working your way through your long weekend. It does feel good to get rid of junk though, doesn't it?

Well, I have only been back onplan for 3 days, but dropped 4 lbs already. I had better stay off that scale now because for sure it will start going up and down and I get so angry when it does that. Guess I will weigh in weekly and hope for the best.

We were out all day today doing a few errands. We picked out the tiles for the backsplash in the kitchen. It is mainly white with a really nice set of herb tiles for the focal point. Should brighten things up a bit. Ken is off work the week after next for a week, so are all ready to start tiling then. How exciting, eh? Ha Hah

It has been so hot here this week. Record breaking temperatures midweek and still pretty warm. The A/C is sure getting a workout.

Hope all of you are enjoying the long weekend. I was just thinking of you Sharon with your houseful. Have a great time. Talk to you later. Love, G :)

SandiH 05-26-2001 07:53 PM

Happy Memorial Day

Hi Everyone,
Do you remember a year ago when someone broke into our home by kicking the door in? Well lo and behold they tried it to our next door neighbor on Thursday. Luckily she was upstairs and heard them after they rang the bell and she didn't answer immediately (she was in the bathroom) they started to kick the door in. She did get a license # and a description of the car so that may help. Gosh I thought I lived in a nice safe area. One never knows.
Hubby and I went to lunch today at The Olive Garden. I did enjoy the salad but ate so much of that I couldn't make a dent in my meal. But somehow I managed to get a piece of Raspberry white chocolate cheesecake down. Go figure!!!! I ordered some Parmesan crusted chicken which was good but tasted salty to me.
Tonight we are going to our daughters to babysit while they go out. So I have to prepeare myself for Rugrat Uno and Go Fish which they both love to play.
Have to work on Memorail Day but plan on going to a cookout after work. That is if the weather is any good. It is very cool here and rainy and has been for the past 3 days.

Carbfreak....Welcome to the group. There will always be someone here that can help you in one way or another. So post often.

C.J.....I have to admit I hadn't been to the goecities website for a long time. But went there the other day. You have done wonders as usual. I will go to the angelfire one too. I can see how they keep you busy.

Sharon....Hope you are having good weather there with all your company. Have a fun time. Good job on your 1.2#loss. You will soon be where you want to be.

Feelingblue....Welcome to you also. Be sure to come here everyday and at least read the posts even if you don't post. Sometimes something intended for someone else can also help another.

Angeleyes......CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS to you. What a wonderful feeling for you. You worked hard and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!

CH.....I think your post to KimV was so very nice. I am sure your little Nicholas is a very "special" person to lots of people.

Gail....Well there you go!!!!!!!! 4 # already. I am proud of you Gail and now feel better because I felt like I hollered at you in the last post. Maybe you just needed a little kick start. LOL How nice to have such a beautiful site out your kitchen window as a mountain. Your new tiles for the kitchen sound so pretty. With your artistic talents I am sure you know just what would look good. Have you been painting any lately?

Chrissy.....What happened? Did Mickey kidnap you? Thought you would be home by now. Hope you had a GREAT time. Miss you.

Have a safe and fun Memorial Day all. Love to all....Sandi

Feelingblue 05-26-2001 10:30 PM

Good morning everyone
well it's morning to me, because I'm on the other side of the world! Hope you are all having a good Memorial Weekend.
It's a lovely day here, blue skies and calm seas, and I'm just about to take my dog (Cocker Spaniel) out for a walk.
I had a goooood day yesterday, ie stayed eating healthly foods in reasonable quantities, plenty of water, and today when I jumped on the scales I had gone down 2lbs from yesterday. but the best thing was I didn't binge, and I wasn't sick.
So Thank You ladies for helping me keep on the path.....I am grateful to you all!
FB

ps can someone tell me how I can put smilies in my messages (or other pictures, without copying yours'?)

Gail 05-27-2001 02:19 PM

Good Morning! :D

Hi Feeling Blue. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. You'll have to change your name to Feeling Better. :) I think we were feeling blue around about the same time. Mine is passing too and I feel like I am coming alive again. Isn't it amazing how much control we let food take over our lives? And yet while I am really low, it doesn't occur to me how powerful food can be. My mind works in mysterious ways for sure. :spin:

As for your question about the Smilies - go down to the bottom of the page and you will see a little section that says Smilies are on. Click on Smilies and it will take you to the page that gives you all the information. Also the avatars beneath our names can be changed by clicking on your profile at the top of the page. Hope that helps some.

I also hope that you will continue to post, even when you are feeling better. There are so many ups and downs in this journey that it helps to have others to talk to about it. The good things and the bad as well. We all need each other's support. So stick with us and we will get there. Here's a big hug for you. (((((Feeling Blue))))) By the way, where do you live? I live on the West Coast of Canada in British Columbia, just a block from the U.S. border. Very nice here - the ocean not far away and mountains very close. We have people from all over the world posting on this website.

Sandi, so nice to hear from you. Thank you for your good advice. I needed to hear that. Tough love is exactly the thing sometimes. Yes, I have been working on some art lately. That is another thing that I float in and out of. Commitment is not my strong point. I was out earlier this morning taking some photos. My elderly neighbour passed away in March and his old lawn chair is still out under his big old willow tree. I thought I would one day like to do a piece on Ted's Chair and wanted some photos before it got moved. If you can believe it, his grandaughter took an old pot bellied stove out of his workshop and put a bucket of flowers on it. Talk about made to order. Also, my huge red poppies are in full bloom and the wind blew them apart last year before I had a chance to get any good shots of them. Along with my irisis blooming and the chives going crazy, I managed to shoot a whole roll of film. It is a pretty nice day, so hope they turn out and give me some good reference material for those damp days of winter.

Gosh that is awful to hear about your neighbour. I don't think it matters where you live anymore. These things happen everywhere. Good for you on doing well at the Olive Garden. You do so wonderfully at maintaining your weight. You must be a very disciplined person. Did you have fun playing Rugrats Uno and Go Fish? Funny, I just bought some Go Fish cards for Cambree. She is a bit young, but loves to match them up. We are into playdough now. A little messy, but lots of fun.

Carolyn, where did you go? Hope you didn't get lost in all the junk that you are cleaning up this weekend. How is the WW going? It seems like ages since I read your posts. I started a food thread again. I did it for myself mostly, but if anyone would like to join me there, would love to have you. I notice on other groups that some people post their own food journals separately and that is fine too. I like to chat a little there too, so if you want to talk I'm over there too.

Ken has gone for the day to a carving show in Vancouver, so I am on my own today. When I finish up here I can do whatever I want - no housework today - just a me day. Those are okay every once in awhile.

Take care everyone and enjoy the remainder of your holiday. Talk to you soon. Love, G :)

Feelingblue 05-28-2001 12:42 AM

Feeling better

Hi there! :angel:

Gail - thank you very much for the message - it was there this morning when I checked my mail, and it was such a nice surprise.

I had another good day yesterday - just a little too much wine (!) when I had supper with some friends, ;) but ate healthy and drank a lot of water too!

It sounds like you had a good day yesterday - I have always loved poppies - a long time ago I saw a painting in England when I was visiting my mother, that was poppies at the side of a cornfield. I just wish that I had bought it then, have never seen another one like it since!

I am living in Hong Kong, and have been here so long it doesn't feel exotic anymore.

I had better get on and do some work - nice to know that you are all out there. I wish you all a happy day
Feeling better

PS thanks for the explanation about smilies - I think I've got the hang of it now!

angel-eyes 05-28-2001 08:20 AM

Hi....and thanks!!

Good Morning ladies...and thanks for all the well-wishes for me entering "one-derland"...a great day for sure!!

Haven't really time to read and post individual messages but will later....I had a great weekend, action packed with lots to do...nice change really from just doing regular stuff around the house. Did all that stuff too, mind you...but also went out several times, shopped ( for me!!) and had fun with some girlfriends. Wt wise....stayed on plan and I'm still in "one-derland"....hoping to workout tonight. Have a great day everyone.....take care

Gail 05-28-2001 11:06 AM

Well, since this will be post #28, I don't want to do a long post until we start a new thread.

For the newcomers here, when we get to 29 posts, we begin a new thread, so move along with us to the #53 thread. Will see you there. G :)

Gail 05-28-2001 11:07 AM

#29, so on to the new thread. :D