Old 03-21-2005, 12:41 PM   #91  
Kim

Where is everyone? Well, I weighed in at 153 yesterday which was great, but we had a potluck at work, and I ate about 3400 calories last night. I can't believe how much I ate. After work I went to the Trim Gym and did a step aerobics class and a body sculpting class. I'm going to my mom's today and I'm spending the night. She is like the best cook in the world too. This week is not starting out very good. I'll just have to keep up the exercise and try to get in my water. I probably won't be able to post again until tomorrow night or Wednesday. Have a good day!
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:59 PM   #92  

Kim, just keep that swimsuit in focus and you will be fine! I didn't workout this weekend because we were running around the whole time. I figured I would workout longer today.....uhhh...nope!....I have a sore throat and feel like crap so I'm skipping another day. I'm taking my vitamins though so hopefully I'll feel good enough to do something tomorrow.
mama2a&c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:09 PM   #93  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Good afternoon

I had the house to myself this weekend. The first time in a long time. And it was nice. I rented three "chick flicks." If you get a chance to see Angel Eyes, it's pretty good. I took my dog Charlie for a long walk on Saturday morning. Watched TV in the afternoon. I was going to work in the yard, but it rained all afternoon. It's okay. We really need the rain. On Sunday, we went to take pictures of our property that we'll be building on. Charlie played in the creek. I went to check in here on Sunday afternoon and was on my computer about five minutes before the monitor went out. So I went and did something else. Tried the computer again last night, after checking all of the cables, and it worked. I'm thinking the cats must have loosened the wires. They like to sit on the warm monitor. But by time the computer was working again, my dh was back home. And I don't like him watching what I'm writing on here. Not that I have anything to hide from him, but I this is sort of my thing. He has "his things" that I don't get involved with. This is my only one.

I did okay on my eating this weekend. I wouldn't say that I ate really healthy, but calorie-wise, I did pretty good. I didn't get in as much exercise as I could have, but I needed some relaxation time.

Kim: Congratulations on the 153. Keep it up! And don't worry about the potluck. You do so well with your exercising, that you'll be fine.

Lisa: Getting past the 190 mark is my next mini goal. And congrats to you, too, for not gaining during the move. And I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Robin
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #94  

Hi to all! I'mstill feeling a bit under the weather so I don't think I'll work out today. Its not a good idea to work out if you can only breathe thru your mouth! Still doing ok on food but I did cheat and have a bowl of Crunch Berries. They tasted good but I know I will be bloated later. I will always pay for cheating!

Robin, I can't even imagine what its like to have the house to yourself. I don't think I have been away from my 2 year old since she was born. I would soooooooo love to have a little quiet time. I'm not really into chick flicks but I did see the Notebook and cried like a little baby. Even my hubby liked it. I think everyone should see it. Is Angel Eyes the one with J.Lo in it? I think I have seen it.

Keep pushing it ladies! Drink that water!
Lisa
Old 03-23-2005, 03:53 PM   #95  
Robin

Default Howdy!

Lisa: I hope you're feeling better. Having a cold, stinks! And I love Crunch Berries. I used to always save them for last when I ate Captain Crunch. Then I'd eat all the berries at once. The good ol' days.

I don't always pick "chick flicks." I love all kinds of movies. I was just in the mood this time for something that I knew my husband wouldn't watch. I think it was more of principle thing, since I had the house to myself. Angel Eyes does have J. Lo in it. I don't care anything about her personal life, but I don't mind some of her movies.

My next weigh in is this Monday. My goal for that is to have lost another 3 lbs, but I don't think I'm going to be quite there. It depends on this weekend. It's been raining here the last few days, and so I haven't been able to get out and walk as much. I don't mind walking in light rain, but down pours are a different story. And we really need the rain.

Plus, my husband may be going over to Iraq for about 4 1/2 months. It's somewhat voluntary, but he works for the Army Corps of Engineers. He doesn't have to go, but they're strongly requesting volunteers. It would be great pay and experience. And he wouldn't be in a combat area, but it's still nerve wracking for me to think about it. The ultimate decision is up to him. I guess we'll see. In the mean time, I'm half nauseated from being nervous, and half craving sweet carbs from the stress. Plus we're building a house. This summer could get really interesting.

Anyway, take care all.
Robin
Old 03-24-2005, 01:31 AM   #96  
Kim

Oh yes, ladies, I do miss Crunch Berries. I did eat some of my son's Lucky Charms today. I don't know why, I really don't like them that much. If I'm going to cheat, I should at least find something I really like, huh? Well, I'm back from my mom's and I put away some MAJOR calories. I had 3 full days of pigging out. I'm back on track today, though, even with the Lucky Charms. I had under 1500 calories and burned about 600 at the gym. I did 100 minutes of cardio, whew.

Lisa-I bet you burn plenty of calories chasing that 2 year old around. My sister was at my mom's and she has a 2 year old and twin babies. I don't envy her. She has her hands full. Those kids have sooo much energy. Hope you feel better soon.

Robin-Hope your having a nice relaxing time all to yourself. I have Wed. nights to myself. I take my son to his dad's after church. I usually read and surf the internet and check emails. Sometimes I get the munchies when I'm alone though (lucky charms, lol).
Old 03-24-2005, 01:44 PM   #97  
Robin

Default Two quotes:

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are " XL."

My mother-in-law sent me these quotes. I thought they were pretty funny.

Robin
Old 03-24-2005, 06:25 PM   #98  
Kim

Love those Robin!! How's everyone doing today? I'm having a good one so far. I went to the gym and ran 1 mile and walked 1 mile. Then, I did 15 minutes on the stairclimber and 15 minutes on the elliptical. Then, did 12 minutes of weights. So far, I've eaten 5 prunes and a handful of almonds. I just recently found out how healthy prunes are. They have a lot of antioxidants (Vit A and E) and potassium and fiber and B vitamins. I've incorporated 5/day into my diet. I also eat a handful of almonds each day which have the good kind of fat, and they are very heart healthy. I've got to work 12 hours tonight so I better start getting ready.
Kim
Old 03-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #99  
Kim

Well, I made it through 1 12 hour shift. When I got off I went to the Trim Gym and attended my first spin class. I loved it!!!! I bet that class burned 400+ calories in a 45 minute period. I was dripping with sweat by the time that thing was over. I'm going to try to start going twice/week. I'm also going to try to do step aerobics twice/week and 1 ab class each week. I'm really enjoying adding some variety to my workouts. I've got another 12 hour shift tonight so I better try to get some sleep. Hopefully I'll have time to check in tomorrow. Have a great day!
Old 03-25-2005, 12:37 PM   #100  
Robin

Hi Kim. What is a spin class? I agree with you, adding some variety makes it more interesting. Plus you don't use the same muscles every time. Have a great day/night at work.

Robin
Old 03-27-2005, 03:57 PM   #101  
Kim

Smile Happy Easter!

Well, I've only got 1 more 12 hour shift tonight, then I'll have 3 days off. I can't wait! It's been a busy weekend. I haven't worked out since Friday morning, so I'll be ready to hit the gym after work in the morning. I'll be going to a step aerobics class, then body sculpting.

Robin-Spin is a bicycling class that is supposed to burn lots of calories. There is a room of about 15 people on bicycles, and we increase/decrease resistance on the bike, and alternate standing and sitting on the bike to upbeat music. It's a great workout.

Hope everyone is having a blessed Easter!
Old 04-22-2005, 11:35 AM   #102  

Default Starting over....

Well, I'm posting to a dead thread but thats ok. I'm part of the reason it died! Between settling in the new house, sick kids, nasty computer problems, ect ect ect (the list could go on for days!) I just dropped off the board and did the same with my eating and exercise plan. Not good. I feel bad, mentally, emotionally, physically. I can really tell a difference. The past two days I have done pretty well with my eating. I would love to get back in the exercise room today too. How sad to have a room in my house for exercise and not use it! No promises but I'll try. I will also start this thread again! I know some of you have to be out there just lurking and waiting....here is your chance! Lets get back in the game!

Lisa
Old 04-25-2005, 08:11 PM   #103  
Kim

Lisa-glad you are back on track. Robin and I are now posting in the "Full time working stiffs 2" thread. The ladies there post more frequently and we love it there. Please join us. We've missed you!