Old 02-23-2005, 08:26 PM   #31  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Good evening everyone. I hope you're all doing well. Are you drinking your water? I have a hard time with that. But I do have a large glass here with me right now. I'm even drinking some of it.

Well, my test with the coworkers came today. My boss brought out the left over icecream cake from last Thursday. I told her before she went to get it that I wasn't going to eat it, and I didn't. She later made a sarcastic remark telling one of the guys to eat my part since I wasn't having any. I don't know if she truly meant it that way, but that's the way it sounded. Maybe I'm just being sensitive.

I probably won't be checking in much on the weekends for a while. My DH and I just closed on our land, and so now we can begin building our house. We have to find a contractor and such, but we're ready to go. It's going to be a lot of work, especially because we both work full time, too. But I'm hoping the extra work will burn a lot of calories for me. I won't mind if I drop and lose a few pounds out on the property. They won't be welcome in the new house anyway.

Have a great evening everyone! I might check in later. I think I'm going to spend most of the evening doing our taxes! FUN!

Robin
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:50 AM   #32  
Fit by Forty

Default Good morning

Nothing new much going on here with me. I'm doing fairly good with my eating, slacking in the exercise department this week though. Need to get my butt in gear.

Robin--Great job for not succumbing(sp) to the dreaded icecream cake. Yesterday I bought ds and dh each a Peanut Butter Chunky Kit Kat. But didn't buy one for myself as I usually would have. When dh ate his last night, I asked if I could have a bite of his. I did....and it was heaven. And that's all I had. I never asked for another bite. I'm proud of myself for that. And one bite is not going to hinder my weightloss.

Kim--Pizza is one of my favourite foods too! I could eat half a large pizza myself with the ranch or caesar dipping sauce! Therefore....I will not order it or buy a frozen one for the family if I'm around....cause it's just too much temptation for me. But Congrats to you for not over indulging with it!

Sherry--Don't write the whole week of yet! Get back in the game girlfriend! Today is a new day. Consciously(sp) make the effort to stay on track. Make a short term goal for yourself for the rest of the week. Like..I will only eat my 3 healthy meals a day...or I will drink all my water every day....or I will exercise every day for the rest of the week etc. If you put your mind to it....you can do it.

Lisa--I know about watching what other large people eat. I work in as a server in the restaurant industry. I can't believe what some people will order....for instance...just this past weeked I had a lady or....to start..a french onion soup, then a small caesar salad...and for her main course...a 9 oz. fillet with a baked potato with sour cream. As I walked to the table and asked anyone if they were ready for dessert or if they wanted and dessert...the lady was using her fingers and eating the skin of her potato. It wasn't the whole using her fingers that bothered me...especially in a restaurant...but she had the whole potato skin picked up in and was biting chuncks of it off. Instead of maybe ripping a a piece off of it while it was still on her plate. Then she ordered....with her mouth full of potato skins....a cherry cheesecake and a coffe. I was thinking....how can anyone have any room for dessert after eating all that!

Okay..now that thats off my chest I need to get my dd ready for school. I'll check back in here later if I have time this afternoon between my shifts.
Have a great day!
krazykellyontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 04:47 PM   #33  
Kim

Robin-I agree that you you did great not eating the ice cream cake. Keep it up!

Kelly-I think I would've had to have my own Kit Kat. You've got some willpower girlfriend. That's probably why you weigh 135 pounds. I would LOVE to weigh that. Actually 140 is a pretty good weight for me, but if I ever get down to that, I might lower my goal to 135. That's a whole lot of food that the woman ate in your restaurant. It sounds so good right now though. I haven't had a steak in so long.

Have any of you tried the Boca burgers? They are actually pretty good. That's what I'm having for dinner tonight. I'm getting ready to go to the gym. Have a great day!
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:42 AM   #34  
Kim

Well, I worked my tail off at the gym tonight. I went to my first step aerobics class, and I loved it!!! It was so fun! After that, I did 22 minutes on the stairclimber, then 43 minutes on the treadmill. I'm up to 18 minutes total jogging. 25 minutes of it was walking. Then, I did some weights. I spent 2 hours there. Hopefully, I'll start to see some weight loss again soon.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:35 PM   #35  
Fit by Forty

Default Where is everyone?

I hope you all didn't quit on me!
I'm here!
How did everyone's weekend go? Were you able to stick to healthy eating? Did anyone do anything interesting?
My weekend was the same as any other weekend. I had to work and it was boring....lol
I did manage to be fairly consistant with my healthy eating. I sooooo sooooo slacked on the exercise part of it. But...what a pleasant surprise I had this morning when I stepped on the scales. DOWN 3 LBS! So that's 5 lbs in 2 weeks! I'm getting ready to start practicing my shout.....Bring on the summer and the 2 pc bath suits cause here I come!!!!!!!

Anyways...I'm off to get ready for my walk.
I'll chat with you all later.
Have a great day!
Old 02-28-2005, 03:47 PM   #36  
Robin

Default Hey there!

You're not alone! I'm back from Spokane now. The Home & Garden show was great. We got a lot of good information and ideas for our house. But man I was tired afterwards. I really admire nurses and such who have to be on their feet all day every day with their jobs. We spent about 8 hours on Friday visiting all of the booths and vendors. By time we got to the hotel, I was exhausted. I did okay, but not good or great, with the eating while I was gone. For breakfast on Saturday, I did have two slices of French toast with my eggs and ham. But at least I didn't just poor on the syrup like I used to. I just dipped each bit a little bit in the syrup. And I ended up not using even half of the little tub they had brought me. And I scraped off the pat of butter. So, I could have done much worse. At the show, they had both kettle corn and chocolate-dipped, chocolate-chip cookies. But I didn't have any of either.

I weighed in this morning and have lost one pound. Not as much as I would have liked, but I'll take it. The downer is that I found out that I had the wrong weight on my status bar on my signature, so it's still the same. But I think I'm having my TOM, which would mean I'm carrying extra water, too. I say I think because I had a hysterectomy a few years ago, but I still have one ovary. So I don't always know if the symptoms I'm experiencing are from the TOM or just gas, or whatever else. I actuallly still do get some minor cramping and abdominal discomfort, along with nausea, migraines, etc. My face has been breaking out really bad this time for some reason, too. What joy it is to be a woman!!!

The weather here was beautiful yesterday. I'm in NorthCentral Idaho and was wearing a t-shirt in Feb. Not the norm. But we took our dog for a walk at the lake. We probably hiked three miles, up and down hills. I was sure feeling the burn in my butt muscles.

Kelly: Congratulations on the scale! Five pounds down is a great thing.

Kim: Your workouts are so inspiring! You and Kelly should be bikini fit in no time at the rate you're going! Keep it up.

Hope everyone is doing well and drinking the water.
Robin
Old 02-28-2005, 06:52 PM   #37  
Kim

Smile

I had a pretty good weekend. I did WATP Sat, but had too many calories. Sunday I did decent on eating, but didn't exercise. I did go to the gym this morning after work and do 62 minutes of cardio. I had a really busy night at work last night, so I probably burned a bunch of calories there. Today I started a 5 day plateau breaking diet. I thought it might help me to "detox" my system again. I'm already hooked on the "junk" that I was eating before. I've done very well today. By the way, I had a date Sat. night (first one over 2 years). I actually had a pretty good time. It was a big step for me to "get back out there". I have had some bad experiences with a couple of different men in the past, but I need to get out of the house every once in a while. For over 2 years, the only places I've gone are work, church, and places with my son. I might try to start going out once or twice a month.

Kelly-I'm so glad you posted. I've checked several times, but I didn't want to post 3 in a row, so I was waiting for someone else to post. WOOOHOOOO on the 5 pounds! You are an inspiration to me now. I need to get my butt in gear.

Robin-I'm jealous of your Tshirt weather. I'm so ready for spring. You did so good resisting those chocolate-dipped choc. chip cookies. I caved in and ate some hostess cupcakes Sat. They were delicious, but 400 calories. That's great that you're making small changes like you are. Baby steps will get us there eventually. I will have to say that I'll never be in a bikini again. I might could do a 2 piece with the little shorts though.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:04 AM   #38  
Fit by Forty

Well, we got another snow storm through out the night. I'm really getting depressed with all this snow we've been getting this winter. I tell ya.....the spring and summer better be worth waiting for this year. I'm dreading the thought of having to go outside and shovel the friggin driveway and sidewalk. I know it's good exercise for me.....but I still don't want to do it! LOL

Robin--Sounds like you had a fun weekend. And you did really well with your eating under the circumstances. Keep up the great work and you'll be fit in no time.

I just have to say...I heard someone coming up the street with a snow blower...and I looked out my window....(i"m not dressed yet...still have on jammies and my robe) and there was a very nice young man snowblowing the entire sidewalk from one end of the street to the other and....he snow blowed out my end of the driveway where the big town snow plough had gone by and ploughed in my driveway! I'll have to make sure I thank this young man.

Kim--Keep at it. You're on your way. You are doing great. I usually find the weekends are the hardest to stay on track. I'm so stoked right now, I'm ready to burst. After all these years of trying everything under the sun to lose weight....I think I've found what works for me! Congrats on your date on sat. night. Was it good enough for a second one with this same person? lol

Well....I've babbled enough. I've had my grapefruit already and now I'm going to make some scrambled eggs with salsa. I'll pop back in here later.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:59 AM   #39  
Robin

Default Good morning

Howdy Kelly & Kim! Where is everyone else?

Kim: Congrats on the date! I hope he is a good guy. Will you be seeing him again? How did you meet? I know - questions, questions. I'm a romantic at heart, and happily married. I want everyone else to be as happy.

Kelly: Sorry to hear about the snow. But that sure was a nice guy to blow off your sidewalk and driveway. Up until last year, I lived in Montana for quite a while. I know what it's like to shovel snow. We used to have to shovel off our deck, and my back would be so sore by time I finished. I hated it. I love the snow because it makes everything look clean and pretty. And I love to cross-country ski. But it's a lot of work, too. The only thing positive I got from shovelling it was that I knew it was good exercise. So, afterwards, I'd go treat myself to something bad to eat.

I went for my walk last night, but I had to really push myself. I wasn't going to go, but then made myself. And then when I got out there, it was cold and windy. I really had to push myself to complete the walk. If my husband and dog hadn't been there, my walk would have been more like a mosey. But I did it and I feel good about that. I wish gaining weight had been this hard. I never would have done it.

Have a great day.
Robin
Old 03-01-2005, 06:28 PM   #40  
Sherrie

Hi everyone!

Well my stress filled horrible week has hopefully ended. My healthy eating has been on again off again -- same with the exercise. I'm glad to see everyone else is moving along in a positive direction.

Way to go Kim! That takes courage to put yourself out there and I applaud you!

Kelly - sorry 'bout all that snow. We've had it unusually mild here in north western Alberta. It has been close to zero and above for a few weeks. I hope this means spring is early! I love the crisp clean white of the snow but I can do without all the driveway shovelling, window scraping, freezing rain, and minus 40 temps. making us wear bulky extra layers and big boots. I'm sending good thoughts your way and wish spring weather to follow.

Robin - I love what you said! Yup, if only gaining weight woulda been harder ....

Keep up the good stuff everyone!
Abstract927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:59 PM   #41  
Kim

Sherrie-Thank you. I've been missing ya.

Kelly-Thank you. What diet plan are you following? You probably told me, but I've forgotten. And yes, my date was good enough for another (if he asks me).

Robin-Good job taking your walk. I tried to take a walk with my son yesterday, and it was way too chilly. I do hope to see this guy again if he calls me. A friend at work introduced us. We all 4 went out together. It made things easier having her there with us.

Well, I've done really well eating so far this week. This diet has been easy to follow, and I haven't been hungry. I figured the calories yesterday and today to be about 1250 each day. I did 61 minutes of cardio (30 minutes on the stairclimber and 31 on the treadmill) and weights. I hope to follow this 5 day diet Mon-Fri, then eat one meal when I wake up Sat. (I usually wake up around 3:00pm and go back to bed by 12:00am), then use Sun as my "cheat day". If I lose this way, I'm hoping to continue until I reach my goal weight. I do better with structure. I find that the smallest amount of junk food or sweets makes me want to binge.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:34 PM   #42  
Robin

I'm sitting at work now. And right near my cubicle, next to the bathroom, is a huge birthday cake - a double-layer, chocolate cake with white fluffy frosting. It's driving me nuts!!! I'm trying to drink more water, which is causing me to make more trips to the bathroom. I'm being strong, but it's very hard. I love cake! And I've come to the conclusion about myself that it's much easier for me to just abstain completely rather than just eat one or two small bites. If I taste it at all, I'll be sneaking back in for more. Oh, the torture!!!

Well, I'm going to dive back into work to keep my mind off other things. I hope everyone is doing well.
Robin
Old 03-03-2005, 03:00 AM   #43  
Kim

Well, I didn't make it through my 5 day diet. I cheated today, and I ended up eating 2750 calories. I switched back to weight watchers because I've still been keeping up with points too. I'll still be within my points for the week as long as I don't eat more than 5 extra flex points. I don't know why I do this. I'll be doing so good, then all of a sudden I'll binge. I did get in my exercise this morning though. I did 60 minutes of cardio. I actually ran 1.5 miles. I really pushed myself and figure I probably burned around 500 calories. Hopefully I maintained today with the workout. I get to start with a new trainer Monday, so that should help me. Well, I hope you girls did better than I did.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #44  
Robin

I hope everyone isn't getting tired of posting every day, or at all. I really enjoy "talking" with everyone. And it helps me to know I'm not going through this alone. You are all very supportive. I hope I offer the same.

Kim: Don't worry so much about the binging, but try to think of what set you off in that direction. Did you skip meals the rest of the day and were really hungry? Or were you stressed? Overcoming my binging has been my biggest obstacle. But at least with the exercise, your metabolism is speeding up overall. So you haven't done as much damage as you would have before you started exercising.

The cake is still in the kitchen, but I can't hear it yelling at me today. I'm pretending it's stale. My husband keeps giving me ideas on what to do with it, such as throwing it out the window. But since I'm not the only person in the office, I can't really do that.

I did just come back from my morning walk. I'm figuring that I walk 2-4 miles a day. I walk on my breaks in the morning and afternoon, and then my dh and I walk 2 miles most evenings. Last night's walk had me dragging. I was really having to push myself to finish. The problem is I have to finish to get back to my car.

I'm going to my neice's 3rd birthday party on Sunday. And I expect there will be all kinds of goodies. I have no idea what to get her, though. Unfortunately, her older sister is really the jealous kind, so I have to find things for the birthday girl that her sister won't take. And since I don't have kids, I have no idea what 3-year-old girls want.

Have a great day. I'll probably check back in later.
Robin
Old 03-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #45  
Fit by Forty

Default Afternoon ladies....

Just a short message as I'm inbetween shifts.

So far I've walked...sun to thrus. I walked last night from 6:30-7:15. In the freezing cold I might add. Then I walked this morning from 7:30-8:15..in the freezing cold I might add again! But I'm loving it! Go figure!

Robin....post 15 times a day....or however much you want. I love it! I've been pretty good with my eating...and great with my exercising...it's this damn* wine! that seems to be holding me back!

Kim...A cheat here and there isn't going to reck havoc on your diet. It's if you cheat every day(I need to take my on adice) that will alter your long term outcome. I had pasta last night for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks. It was whole wheat..and I'm sure I had a bit more than a portion. But....if I wasn't watching what I was eating...I would of had 2 huge plates full..would of been full after the 1st plate and would of forced the 2nd one down because it tasted soooooooo good and then I would of been in agony the rest of the night because I was so full. So...in short...I'm quite proud of myself for that small accomplishment.

I have to head back to work shortly as I'm working a split. I'll pop back in tomorrow around this time and see how everyone is doing. Maybe I need to post back on the buddy group board that we have a board here ....fit by forty for anyone who wants to join as I think maybe we have lost a few in the journey.
Everyone have a great night!