3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   MoMs LoSiNg WeIgHt #43 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/53356-moms-losing-weight-43-a.html)

mompen 02-12-2005 06:11 AM

MoMs LoSiNg WeIgHt #43

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching

mompen 02-12-2005 06:34 AM

Morning Ladies!

Yep It's me......lol

I just wanted to stop in before I started getting things ready around here. I will miss you all today!

Crystal,
Allison is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Good luck on your weight loss.

Michelle,
Congrats on the metal monster! Moving on over to the other siiiiiiiiddddddddee.. ;)

Mel,
Bummer about dh. :( I know what you mean about doing so much at once.. Most of the time I feel like Ms. Incredible! I checked out your pics on the challenge the other day! You look awesome!

Roxy,
I have been battling the same problem when I work out that I am much much more hungrier. Like Mel said, I think your body is just looking for the calories that you burned up. Mel told me apples are good for times like that!
Men HUH! Dontcha just love em :devil:

Hi Michelle J and welcome :wave:

Ricci,
You poor thing! Take it easy and get some much needed rest!

Chris,
Your poor dh! I am thinking of him!

Tabitha,
Good luck on the job today! :goodluck:

Jeniqua,
Did you get your walk in? You are doing so awesome girlie~!

Hi out there to Geri, Steph, Stephanie, Kristen, Geri, Deana, Cindi, Jill, Gretchen, Spryng, Julie, Melinda, Leigh, and all you other motivated moms out there!

Well I need to get my bootie up and moving before everybody else does! HEHE :devil:

melmcc99 02-12-2005 09:05 AM

Good Morning Penny.....So nice to see you starting the new thread this morning. Hope you weekend isn't tooo tooo crazy. Thanks for the awesome about the pics. I am down even more this morning 194. I am so thrilled..FInally progress! Have a great day.

I hope everyone is doing well this morning.

Michelle, I can't wait to hear your weigh in this morning! Oh you will be lower I just know it!! TOm is gone and more water will be too. Keep up the great work on the gazelle and the SBd.

OK everyone, busy day here too, so I must get a move on it. Bday party for my friends daughter...She's just turned one. I just love that age! Have a wonderful day ladies. Congrats to any and all losers!

michellejy 02-12-2005 09:23 AM

I woke up feeling like crud today, so I probably won't be doing any exercise like I planned unless it goes away. On the plus side, a stomach ache makes it much easier to eat less :lol:

chrily 02-12-2005 01:36 PM

So Michelle-Can I just call ya MJ? I'm a lazy typer. I really really think its neat that you are making a "go" off a home business and being a stay-at-home mommy. I want so much to find something to do around home for extra money, but haven't figured out what I could do yet. I worked full-time with my oldest daughter and missed so much of her "firsts" and watching her grow. I worked part-time with my next and got to spend so much more time with her...even though she's daddy's girl all the way. The 3rd girl...I'm home most of the time now. I just work Mon and Thurs. My dh likes it that way, but from a practical point...it's just cheaper. Daycare costs way too much.

Melissa-You're down again! Awesome chickie! You mentioned something about a yeast problem before didn't you? That's where my problems kind of started...except I never had a doctor believe me. I should him articles on yeast and he told me to just check myself in a mental health center, because I had problems all in my head. OH let me tell you...when I found the one who listened...I sent that jerk a letter! It took thousands of dollars, a few doctors later, and finally a neurologist who asked if I'd ever seen an allergist. I came, I saw, I got poked God knows how many times to find I had a problem with yeast, wheat, mold, and all sorts of other junk.

Penny-Are ya getting enough sleep? My gosh, you started the thread early...4 something my time. I forgot that you're a couple time zones away but still. Dh did it again last time. I'm assuming its his meds. His doctor called and wants him in right away on Monday. Dh asked if it was serious and he kind of sidestepped the question. We'll see what happens.

Where are the rest of you girls? Having more fun that me. Laundry, laundry, and laundry. When you work all week, that's all ya get on the weekend.

~chris

CheriBrorsen 02-12-2005 02:00 PM

Hey Ladies :)

Penny--it's so nice to see you posting, I was glad to hear of your neices improvment and my prayers are still with her! And wow it sounds like you had a lot going on outside of that during your 'hiatus'' you are Ms. Incredible ;)

Mel--:cheer:YOU ABSOLUTELY ROCK! 194 ...you go girl. :cheer:

Crystal--that baby girl is beautiful and has a head full of hair!! My babys are born blonde and with peach fuzz and it stays that way for a loooooooong time. LOL :lol:

I just finished making out a menu and grocery list. I went over to Dotties Weight Loss Zone and got some recipes. Even thought I can't ''diet'' per ce. I am really shifting back to a more healthy eating regime...I plan to start walking again this week too.

I hope yall are having a great weekend. Its' actually sunny here, so I hope to get out for a bit this afternoon. :)

Hello to EVERYONE...I'm sorry I didn't get personal with you all.

michellejy 02-12-2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrily
So Michelle-Can I just call ya MJ? I'm a lazy typer. I really really think its neat that you are making a "go" off a home business and being a stay-at-home mommy. I want so much to find something to do around home for extra money, but haven't figured out what I could do yet. I worked full-time with my oldest daughter and missed so much of her "firsts" and watching her grow. I worked part-time with my next and got to spend so much more time with her...even though she's daddy's girl all the way. The 3rd girl...I'm home most of the time now. I just work Mon and Thurs. My dh likes it that way, but from a practical point...it's just cheaper. Daycare costs way too much.
~chris

:lol: If you called me MJ, I'd probably think of Spider-Man and have no idea you were talking to me. :D I actually HATE my middle name so I tend to only even type the initial when I sign up for some forum where "michelle" isn't available. Chelle works though. My dad calls me that. Well, he also calls me a bunch of really embarassing nicknames, but we won't get into those :o

Daycare is so insanely expensive. I understand the reasoning behind paying for quality care for your children, but I know quite a few people who end up working solely to cover daycare costs. The first several years, my (now ex) husband and I worked opposite shifts so my daughter never had to be in daycare when she was young. Once she was in first grade, we started using the daycare provided at the school which was MUCH less expensive than any alternative, and she was able to spend more time with her friends. One of my closest friends has 4 children, so she and her husband also work opposite shifts, but much like in my case, her marriage is suffering for it.

Redskirt1 02-12-2005 04:23 PM

Good afternoon ladies!

Well, I am finally feeling MUCH better! WooHoo! :D It's about time! I can completely empathize with the daycare thing! My h works from 3:30 in the afternoon til Midnight. And it is so hard to find a job that will work around that schedule. Well, at least in this town. BUT I had a job interview today with a company that sets up booths at the local stores (inside thankfully) and sells newspaper subscriptions to people coming in. It's great really, the hours are really flexible. And I was told by the woman that runs things that if I don't hear from her by Thursday morning, to call her. That she'll meet with me, and I think that she said she would get me started then. She said that would give me a chance to start feeling better, as she could tell I was getting over the crud. So, I think I have a job!!!!!!!!

chrily 02-12-2005 05:05 PM

Tabitha-I hope you get that job! :crossed: That would be great for ya! Glad you're feeling better too.

Chelle-Okay...there it is. I thought of spiderman too when I though of MJ. I have a few embarrassing names to hide from too. Don't ya just love parents for hanging the world's most embarrassing nicknames and names on ya. I'd be paying solely for daycare if I worked full-time so what's the point.

Cheri-How're ya feeling? Glad you're chosing to eat healthy too. When I had my last one, I walked until I was about 7 months along. It really helped me out. Right now, I'm wishing I could be outside walking but I'm NOT taking my anti-stroller child with me. Just doesn't work anymore. The other one's could ride their bikes next to me but Nicole won't stay sitting in her stroller or her wagon..then she wants to be held. So I end up lugging a child on my hip and draggin something behind me. :lol:

I have 3 loads of laundry done. More to do and my buzzer just went off on the dryer. Time to fold...fold...fold...

~chris

mompen 02-12-2005 06:35 PM

Afternoon Ladies! :D

I am gonna check in later on tonight.. Just got home and settled and now dh wants to go eat......

But I wanted to let you know we raised $445.55 today at Walmart! :) YAH!

I was excited!

Anyhow, I'll check in later on!

melmcc99 02-12-2005 07:36 PM

Evening all! I'm back from my hectic day. On the way home I took dd and I out for dinner. It was nice until the end. THe dumb lady wouldn't let me take Abigails drink home because it was a buffet. I said, I had water and she's 4. She can't finish a drink. they wanted to charge me for it again to take it home. How insane! I said, Fine, I'll just sit at your table for an hour and take up space so you lose another 40-80bucks. I also told her that I felt like spilling it all over her counter, because it was so stupid. I kept saying "she's only 4" You are just going to throw it away anyway" Finally, I just left PISSED and took Abigail to Mc'd's just for a damn Seltzer. DUMB DUMB.........ahhhh sorry, had to vent about that.

Chris, Man, I see how you would be frustrated. The Dr. didn't tell my it was systemic though. I tested positive for female area yeast....and It comes and goes all by itself every month. I did some ready and found that it's probably systemic, since I was on MEga antibodics last year. I also was diagnosed with IBS, which can be caused by yeast also. SO I went to the Health food store and the NATURAL expert there told me to do a cleanse and then a yeast cleanse after If I still needed it. I have to avoid wheat and dairy for 30 days while cleansing. I can eat rice though. SO I bought rice pasta for side dishes. It's pretty good. tastes like regular to me, but you cook it different.

Tabitha, SOOO GLAD you are feeling better.

Penny, Congrats on raising all that money!

Cheri, so glad you are making a healthy pregnancy, it will help so much after for getting the lbs down. Good for you!

Chelle,....Hope you are feeling better. Yes, I know what you mean about Day care. SOOO expensive. We felt it was better being home anyway, and the costs just make that an easy decision for us. have a good one.

Hello everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michelle, hope you are doing well today! Deana, where have you been? Jilly, where r u? Haven't heard from ya here! Roxy...hello!!!!! Gretchen....where r u...haven't seen you in a few days? KRistin......haven't heard from you either..what's up?

Anyway, GTG, dh will be home from his outing with Bugga soon. Can't wait to here how it went. see ya all in the a.m.

chrily 02-12-2005 08:38 PM

Melissa,
Go easy and don't eat sugar either...that's what the yeast thrives on. I got this book called THE YEAST CONNECTION. Lots of good info in there.

Okay..gotta finish dinner.

~chris

sharqueen76 02-12-2005 10:19 PM

hello ladies..I had another hetic day today. I went over to my bestfriend's house and made dinner for her and her family. I made mozzerella meatloaf. I made sure I didn't eat alot of it. I am trying to stay away from pasta and spaghetti sauce. I love pasta and I kow it's not the healthiest food. Tomorrow is DH and my 6 wedding anniversary!! We are planning on having a candle light dinner. It should be very nice and romantic. Today we got more snow..uugghh! I am ready for Spring! I didn't workout today either. Lately I've been feeling sick to my stomach. You know how when you're pregnant and you feel like you're going to get sick soo bad and then it just goes away?? I've been having episodes like that for the last couple of days now. I know there is NO possible way I can be pregnant but it's really bothering me. I wonder what it could be.

Penny~ HEY!! You started the Thread again!! You were up bright and early too. You did great raising money for your campaign!! It's soo nice to know people care. I hope you're relaxing tonight and taking it easy.

Mel~ I would be mad about the drink too! People can be soo mean sometimes.

Chris~ HI!! My son is the same way when it comes to taking a walk. I prefer to go alone when I am walking for exercise.

Tabitha~ I am soo glad you're feeling better!! I'm really excited you think you got the job!! YAY!!

Cheri~ I am glad you are planning on eating healthy this pregnancy and walking. I did both with my second and third children. After they were both born I weighed less each time than I did before I got pregnant with each of them.

Chelle~ I too know how expensive daycare is. That's why I stay home and run my own daycare from home. That way I am making money and spending time with my kids at the same time. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Where is everybody?? Michelle, Gretchen, Roxy, Deana, Jill, Kristin?? I hope to hear from you ladies soon...Have a nice night and God bless!!

MichelleRae 02-12-2005 11:40 PM

Hey ladies!
Just got home from work, it was crazy today!!
Well I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and see what I've lost for the week :D

Sounds like you've all had a nice day :D

I've got to get to bed so I can be up to open the office, I gotta get up at 5:30! yikes!!
Penny congrats on your fundraising efforts that is awesome!!

have a good night ladies!!
Michelle

Bayleysmom 02-13-2005 12:11 AM

Hey ladies sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been here just haven't posted. TOM came on Thursday and I've been ravenous and eating stuff I shouldn't for the past few days and feel bad about it so I don't feel like posting. Anyway I signed up for SBD online the other day and am excited since they have some great tips, nutritionists online to help and more recipes to choose from. They will even plan your meals for you if you want them too. I'm starting over Monday. Well this is going to be quick since my daughter won't go to bed. I just wanted to say hi and that I won the book drawing this week!!! I was pretty excited. I already have the SBD books so I am getting Super foods RX, I've heard of it on Oprah and have wanted it for awhile so I am excited! Ok I'll try to be back later after dd goes to bed. TTYL Oh and Congrats to all you losers!! I am so proud of all of you. Hope I can join you soon! :)