Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 04:30 PM   #61  
fatter than U

Talking I wish I may, I wish I might

True! I have been out to look at the stars and the almost full moon already. Nice.

I suppose what you have to remember about Oprah is that she's got about 27 people supporting her at all times. Someone to cook her meals (no white food. Heh.), coordinate her fitness wardrobe, get her to the gym on time and to grab the donut out of her hand if need be. And she's also under tremendous pressure to succeed. Do we really want that?

I'm in a suprisingly good mood considering what kind of mood I'm usually in. No drama queen here. I guess I'm just delirious at the thought of not feeling barfy any more. Had a wonderful headache this morning but it disappeared fast.

We love having crèpes (looks right, don't it?) for dinner. Yummmm! But tonight we had home-made sushi and tuna steaks. More yum.

TPBM turned over a new leaf this weekend.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:39 PM   #62  
loves kleenex box art

True. My new leaf is to realize that I have succeed in my goals as a mom and go on to goals about ME.

I gave up white food to Lent. The weight is not rolling off. As Kiwi said, it's hard to get down to that starting weightl

I have a pile of b&w tv shows/movies from the 1950s and I am in Hog Heaven. One Step Beyond,. The Veil. Bulldog Somebody. Most are really wonderful but some are washed out or hae annoying sound.

Re my boss. I went to talk to someone who is kind of "over her" and I feel much betterl. I feel like getting a new better job.

Saw this email sent by someone I know to others I know that meant to say "sorry for the inconvenience." It said "sorry for the incontinence." The sender is too young to know what that word means (really didn't know) and is qutie embarrassed.

TPBM battles ring around the collar (with the laundry of man in house)
Old 02-21-2005, 10:34 AM   #63  
Member w/ messiest house

Nicht, nada, I don't even notice those dirty rings!

Help! I've sent my darling baby on her first long solo drive! Think safe driving thoughts! This is her vacation week and she is going to her music lessons today. She rescheduled them so she could go early in the day and be home before dark, so I let her take the car.

Goodness, I never heard of those TV shows. You mean something actually was before my time?

I'm shopping online for furniture. Do you think they'll be able to email an armoire to me?

TPBM is not wearing a bra.

Kiwi
Old 02-21-2005, 10:51 AM   #64  
loves kleenex box art

False. Although I have the day off, DS has school and I dressed decently to take him and the carpool girl.

I want to hear the personal details of Bagz's life. I won't be so rude as to ask but she should volunteer. She has a more interesting set of facts than I do.

I exercised for a couple of mnutes yesterday. Does anyone else have this thing where they exercise after not doing it for a loong time and all these chemicals get released and make you all relaxed and sleepy? It feel so good. I hated to have to get up and get those kids to school. The other mom went on a retreat.

Also, I think one of should go on Survivor. It should be someone youngish. Or very lovable. I don't think it can be Sweetie Pie because of her little ones. Second choise is Kiwi (cause of her lovely hair) but she'll have to thin down. Did you see all those women jumping off the boat in their dresses which flew up to reveal their undies and fat bellies. Then they have no change of clothes so they're walking around in their undies. Quite not a good look. So let's thin down Kiwi and send her!!! yAY!!!

TPBM want to send Bagz to the Wickedly Perfect show.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:38 PM   #65  

False. Bagz is too busy to be distracted.

I'm back. It rained the entire trip to AZ. I have various other complaints I'll go into later. No time to get into it now.

If we send Kiwi to Survivor [I]they will slim her right down. No need to do that beforehand.

TPBM preferred Ringo to John.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:04 PM   #66  
fatter than U

Talking False!

False, false, false! No Ringo, no John. Paul is/was still the cutest. I followed a link the other day to a VERY weird web page that stated that Paul had died in 1966 and that they did plastic surgery on some other guy but you could still tell because the ear lobes weren't right. Huh? I do wish people would make better use of their time (she says after doing absolutely nothing all day). P.S. I am not wearing a bra. No one has noticed.

Sounds like your trip wasn't all that fabuloso, Wabby. I'm sure you'll tell us about it once you've dried off. It rains in Arizona? Who knew?

Peachy, now that it's all about YOU, tell us your goals! I need some ideas.

TPBM just bought something at eBay.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:56 PM   #67  
Member w/ messiest house

Darn. That's false. Maybe I should!

I'm definitely not going on Survivor. I don't care for eating insects or rats, and I'm allergic to 99% of everything else. On the other hand, if I could go on a reality show that forced me to get thin, that would be okay with me. You know, Peaches, that I would be the "old lady" that everyone hated and probably be voted off at the first opportunity. Not the old lady that everyone loved; I can't pull that off. Of course "old" on that show is anyone over 35. I do know 2 people that would be great on Survivor. The guy who lost 3 fingers and his wife. He actually applied one time, but didn't get in. He knows everything about camping and living off the land and stuff. Plus he's a bit of a dirty old man and enjoys shocking people. And when he goes around in his nasty old Speedo, he does just that. Don't you think he'd be perfect? His wife is the sort of person who ends up preparing and packing and cooking and cleaning up all the food when her dh wants to take a big group of dorky guys on a 10-day canoe trip. And hauling it and paddling a canoe to boot. Everyone would love her and feel guilty about voting her off.

It's dark. I've done nothing useful all day. Oh well, I never can function when dh is home from work. All I want to do is hide from the guitar playing.

TPBM is thinking "I do wish Kiwi would stop whining."

Kiwi
Old 02-21-2005, 07:41 PM   #68  

FALSE! If Kiwi didn't whine, then I'd feel self conscious about whining and then I would have nothing to post about.

Here's the deal - remember when I told you my sis in law and I are the bestest of pals? Well, it's true except when s-i-l has just found a new boyfriend and is in that goofy stage. The one I haven't been in since sophomore year in high school. Between the time she called me when she had just broken up w/ her boyfriend of 3 years, and needed a shoulder to cry on and the time I arrived, a lot had changed. First night she told me I was bunking w/ her since she didn't have a guest bed set up, 2nd night the boyfriend came over and actually asked "so are you girls bunking together?" I took the hint and told her I'd sleep on the couch, except she didn't have a full length couch, so I slept on a chaise-type chair which was too short even for me. Just a pillow and a throw blanket. The next day I decided to take the 3 1/2 hour road trip to visit my parents in Yuma, AZ. So much for the girl week. The final night I spent w/ sil again, and again the boyfriend stayed, so that night I got to sleep in her teenage son's room in the bed that who knows when he'd changed the sheets on. You know the one - the mattress on the floor, with his clothes strung all over the place. I guess I was lucky that he was spending the night at a friend's house. The next morning I drove myself to the airport, turned in my rental car, got on the plane w/ a migraine, and by the time I was home was sick, sick, sick. I had a few scary moments in the terminal after deplaning, because I suddenly became naseous and almost didn't make it to the restroom. That would have really topped off the trip if I'd hurled in the middle of the airport. DH was waiting for me, packed me off to bed where I slept off the headache, then he cooked dinner for me. I have never been so happy to be home. Good moments of the trip - the spa day before the bf showed up, seeing my mom and her adorable cousin, meeting my 11 month old grand niece and her mother. And yes, it pours buckets in Arizona, and it was sunny and warm at home the whole time I was gone.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:42 PM   #69  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh, dear, that doesn't sound like the relaxing spa vacation I'd been envisioning. Curses on new boyfriends. Good grief, she's a grownup, she ought to know better -- making the boyfriend wait is part of the fun. Sorry your trip ended with such a crappy trip home too. That's happened to me where you start to wonder if you're going to survive the journey, you feel so bad.

I've followed the Queen of the Beach Challenge for a solid week! That makes a Beer Belly Babe! Woohoo, I'm so proud! The next three weeks the challenge is to follow a diet plan of whatever sort you're on. Well, I'm not on one, so I had to think up something. I've decided to follow the recommendations of some spa I read in a magazine -- your plate has be at least 1/2 vegetables, with no more than a quarter starches and a quarter protein. That's what I'm doing for dinners. And I'm going to eat at least 5 servings of fruit/veggies a day and have breakfast at least 5x a week. And scale back my snacking in the evening (that's the hardest thing for me). Wish me luck.

TPBM is jealous of my beer belly.

Kiwi
Old 02-22-2005, 10:04 AM   #70  
loves kleenex box art

True. I'm jealous of everything you have.

Sugar, I can't tell you my goals. They're the kind that may deflate if exposed to sunlight.
Will be back later. someone came in.

TPBM eats granola.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #71  
Member w/ messiest house

False. Mostly I consume coffee.

Gotta go watch tournament basketball tonight. High school b-ball is quite the exciting event hereabouts. Okay, I admit it, I could care less about the game; DD is in the pep band. Her H.S.'s girls' team is in the tournament. They're pretty good, but they are no match for the team that has 2 trees on it. Giant sisters. They aren't even all that good, but they just stand at the basket (or above it) and their teammates pitch the ball toward them, they pitch the ball toward the basket and although their shooting percentage is lousy, they do it so often, they always win. Hopefully our team is not playing that team today.

TPBM is avoiding work.

Kiwi
Old 02-22-2005, 05:19 PM   #72  
fatter than U

Cool blah blah blah

False. Avoiding sleep is more like it. It's 11:06 p.m. and I should be in bed. But dh's already in there and if I go up now he'll start getting all romantical and I'm just too d*mn tired. I'll wait for the sounds of snoring.

Gawd, Wabby, what a trip! Ucky sleeping arrangements.You poor thing. How much do you want to bet that she'll call you next week and tell you she dumped Mr. Right? I'm so paranoid about barfing that I collect barf bags from airplanes and keep one i my purse at all times. Really.

I understand completely about the goals, Peachy! Sometimes it's better to keep them tucked away.

Kiwi! Everyone on a deserted island would looooooove you because you are adorable and hilarious. And taffy-haired. The image of your few-fingered friend (is that the one named after a bird?) in his Speedo is scaring me. If I wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night I'll know why.

Yesterday I bought rubber gloves in THIS COLOUR and they are just sooooooooo purdy that they make washing the pots and pans seem like a treat. Sort of.

TPBM ate 5 fruits and vegetables today

Last edited by SugP; 02-22-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #73  
loves kleenex box art

Let's see. Raspberries. Banana. Lettuce. Tomatoes. Broccoli. Yep.

Wabby, once I visited a lovely house in the California desert with my friend and her boyfriend. The host designed some pet care products and had $ and the hostess was a #*^@(. Several people where there but I was the only single person. I went to bed in a bed and was AWAKENED by the &@(@ to say a COUPLE had arrived and I had to give up the bed and sleep on a sofabed. I was AWAKENED later because another couple had arrived. And moved. I have other bad memories of this woman.

TPBM has a bad vacation to share, also.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #74  

False. Because it's me again, and I'm done w/ grousing about my vacation. Put it behind me and thank heavens I have the life I do. I'd hate to be single. I like being all married and settled down.

Peaches, you won the bad vacation contest. That's terrible. At least nobody woke me up, and it made me so desperate to get out of Phoenix that I finally sort of made up w/ my dad. We didn't so much make up as we just ignored the fact that we hadn't talked to each other for 2 years. And I got to see all 3 of my parents homes in Yuma. They have the one they live in (mobile home), the one they built, didn't like and never moved into, and the one they just had built and they swear they're moving into soon. It's beautiful and all furnished w/ new furniture. We'll see if they actually move into it. I think they enjoy the process of having a house built much more than the living in it.

I bet Bagzie is all aflutter w/ getting her shop ready. Can't wait to see pictures.

TPBM hides the candy bar wrappers to destroy the evidence.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:58 PM   #75  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

noooooooooo---the wrappers are all over the desk---they once housed oh henry easter eggs {the large size} i ate two in a row and three pans of thin ice cubes. OH MY GAWD!!! this shop reno is killing me!!! on top of all this,it is musical week at the highschool and i promised to help paint the emergency set problems even though both dds have graduated!!! so i paint in the daytime at the school and at night at the market {they won't let you paint in the daytime because of the fumes------} my cousin the woodworker made me two giant cabinets {shelves and cupboards} he also gave me a victorian mantle {that we attached to the wall} we painted the shop quincy tan {darker oatmeal for lush} and i am painting the cupboards a Louisberg green {sage}----i will bore you with more details later but i am soooooooooo tired-----i used to do NO work and lately i work in the day AND night----------i must be crazy----wabby--that trip sounded so annoying----she should have warned you about the bf---maybe you could have treated yourself to a nice hotel room!!!!---the best part was how it made you glad to be home------------LOL sugar about waiting to go up to bed-----------hee hee-------------kiwonk---i was with you praying for the dd's first long trip-------------been there,still there---it's hard but what choice do we have!!!----PEACHERS!!! I WANT TO HEAR YOUR DREAMS =--TAKE THEM OUT OF HIDING!!! painty dear----WORD on the homicidal tendancies----oprah can go stick her boot camp up her BOOTIE. miss you all---be back when the damn place is all put together!!!!!!!!!!!! xxoxoox
Closed Thread