3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Sanctuary - #7 Everyone Welcome (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/53046-sanctuary-7-everyone-welcome.html)

LuckyLadyBug 02-05-2005 10:58 AM

Sanctuary - #7 Everyone Welcome

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20371...h20violets.gif

What we really want in a weight loss support group, boils down to one concept; we are looking for a sanctuary.

Sanctuary means different things to different people. Sanctuary is a place of peace, rest, safety, and rejuvenation. It keeps our spirit and our sanity intact.

Many of us who have a long journey down the weight loss path find ourselves in need of a break. Sometimes our bodies crave it, and sometimes the choice isn't ours, but circumstances forces it upon us. Other times, we need the clamoring throng to cheer us along our way as we breeze past milestones and overcome obstacles.

Sanctuary can be all that as well. It is what you need and when you need it. Sanctuary can be found in good friends who aren’t afraid of your truths and in an open, honest atmosphere.

Sanctuary isn’t judgmental, neither does it discriminate or ask to be censured. It is open to anyone with a desire to share, and especially those in need of and willing to offer support

LuckyLadyBug 02-05-2005 11:03 AM

It's beautiful here to day too. It has been in the high 50's - a miracle for Minnesota at this time of the year.

I did some yoga and Oxycise this morning so am ready for the day.

Keeping my :crossed: for Monday!!!!

Someone just pulled in the driveway so I will have to scoot for now.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20371...soutofabox.gif

lucky 02-05-2005 12:30 PM

I'm glad all of you snowbirds are having warmer weather today. We finally have some sunshine after a week of rain. We'll have to enjoy it today because I think more rain is coming in tomorrow.

LuckyLadyBug, what on earth is Oxycise? I've never heard of that but it sounds like it would feel good.

Skittles, I meant to ask you if you caught DD on Good Morning America the other day. I got sooo tickled - my Dad called me and told me to change the channel because they were on. I couldn't believe that he remembered who they were much less that I had been so into them. I guess he paid more attention to my teenage years than I thought he had.

I'm feeling really encouraged today. I weighed in at 175 lbs. That's still a big number but just one more pound and I will have lost more than I have left to lose. I'll still have a long way to go but I'll have gotten past that mental hump I've had. Hopefully, I'll be able to switch gears from "I'll never get there" to "I'm getting there." I can't imagine what getting within 20 lbs. of my goal weight will feel like, much less actually getting to the actual thing. It just seems so abstract from here. I set mini goals, of course, and it feels good to reach those. But, my goodness, that pot at the end of the rainbow, I just can't get it out of my head. To be honest, I have this fear that the closer I get to it the further away it is going to seem. Plus, I worry that it will all be very anticlimactic. I guess I just see myself stepping on the scale, seeing 135, and thinking, "okay, now what?" Or maybe even getting there and realizing that it still isn't quite enough. Arghhh! I worry too much.

I'm off to the gym. Hope you all have a great day - enjoy your weather!

Tricia

LuckyLadyBug 02-05-2005 07:32 PM

I read this today and had to share:

Though no one can go back and make a new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end.

Isn't that just a perfect statement when applied to weight loss?

I am going to make a brand new end!!! (Literally :lol: )

ageoldie 02-05-2005 08:16 PM

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20039...nes/valbug.jpg

Lucky this one is for you!!!

I really have to start back my Oxycise. I don't feel good today at all, so it won't be today, but soon...

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20039...eBarb[1].g

LuckyLadyBug 02-05-2005 08:45 PM

Thank you, BarbG. She is so cute!!!!

I think Oxycise really makes me feel better - getting all thay oxygen into my body.

Tricia: Oxycise is doing deep breathing while in different positions. Like deep breathing isometrics.

This is an article from their site:
Oxycise! is a new development in the field of weight loss and health. The validity and success of this program is evident in the reports received almost daily from Oxycise! clients who are amazed with their results after following the Oxycise! program.

Oxycise! causes a tremendous increase in the body's metabolic rate. The vast majority of Oxycise! patrons report weight and inch loss as well as increased muscular strength and toning. In addition, most clients report a positive difference in their emotional outlook as well as increased energy level after doing Oxycise! for a very short time. Various individuals have reported numerous other health benefits which they have attributed to Oxycise!

As the scientific and health communities become more aware of the benefits of Oxycise!, it is hoped that researchers will take a greater interest in carrying out further studies of the physiological effects of Oxycise! on the body.

I think it is good for me because it promotes my intake of oxygen.

5 dogs 02-05-2005 09:50 PM

I'm Back

Hello everyone, as you can see, hubby and i made it back from Ga and the ice storms they had last week. We got in this evening and just wanted to see what all my cyberspace friends are doing. Wow, i have a lot to catch up on.

It took us a little over 10 hours of driving to get home so am a little tired right now. Hope to talk to all of you tomorrow.
Hugs to all.
Gloria :wave:

LuckyLadyBug 02-06-2005 09:42 AM

Gloria, glad you made it back safe and sound.

So, did you like the ice and snow????? :lol:

qsilver 02-06-2005 10:56 AM

Good morning :)

I just got home from work, so I'm still feeling all peppy. Thought I'd come in here and catch up with some reading before I crash! :lol:

Gloria, glad you made it back safe and sound. You were missed!

Hey, Tony just called, so I'm going to pop off here. :)

Andria

5 dogs 02-06-2005 11:54 AM

I think I'm cought up on all that has been going on this week.

I first want to say, BarbPa, I feel for you in the loss of your mother. I know there is nothing anyone can say or do to help ease the pain of losing a loved one, but sometimes, just knowing that there are friends you can talk to might help ease the pain. We are all here for you Barb.

You started belly dancing Kat? To COOL! It's so much fun it almost doesn't feel like exercise. Do you wear the scarves and belly ring? I go for an hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Y with some of the nicest people. Wish we could belly dance together. We could keep each other motivated.

I also have a son named Will, Tricia. He is 29, married and lives in Mo. No kids yet but Will told me they are trying. Let hope.

So Laura, did you survive the ice storms? Carl and I (along with the five dogs) had to travel at a snails pace through Atlanta because of the icy roads. There where cars on the side of the road that were abandoned that looked like big mounds ice. There were big trees that were bent in half because of the weight of the ice also. Now i know what most of you that live in snow durning the winter months are saying. "What a sissy girl". Well, this Florida girl is not used to ice and snow.

What a way to go Cheryll, 3lb. Happy dance for you.
You had no power for 7 day? Wow. When Carl and i finally made it to Blairsville Ga. late Saturday, there was now gas in the tank so we had no heat, no hot water, no t.v. and an air mattress to sleep on. My two poor little dachsunds were looking at me as if to say "Are we sleeping here in this COLD house tonight"? Poor little things.
I loved your story of the cinnamon bread. That is soooo true. I sit there and don't eat any bread or potatoes while everyone else is shoveling food down. Then, all i can think of the rest of the night is that darn bread that i didn't eat and how much i want some after we get home. Why do i do that to myself?

So it is Super Bowl Sunday and the food is going to be more than i can handel. I heard that Super Bowl Sunday has become a holiday by itself. I think it should be called "How much will power do you have Super Bowl Sunday". I am sure you can think of some other good ones.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Hugs to all.
Gloria

5 dogs 02-06-2005 06:02 PM

recipe

I have a recipe for Artichoke-Spinach dip that i created and would like you opinion on. If you don't like Artichokes or Spinach then you wont like this one. I love them so decided to be creative. Let me know what you think.

2 cups frozen chopped spinach
4 small artichoke hearst (I use canned)
1 Talb. Parmesan cheese
1 Talb. Carb Options Ranch dressing

Place frozen spinach in frying pan with a little water. Place a cover that is smaller then the frying pan in the middle of pan so spinach is covered. Cook on med. heat till all water has evaporated and spinach is dry and cooked. Slice artichoke hearts and mix with spinach along with Parmesan cheese and Ranch dressing. Mix well, cover and cook on low till cheese is melted. If you like a creamy dip, place mixture in a blender and mix till creamy. i hollow out a large cucumber and place mixture in the middle. I also eat it hot or cold but prefer it hot.
I am on the South Beach diet so i don't count calories but do count carbs. The ranch dressing and the parmesan cheese have 0 carbs. I can eat all the vegetables i want, so as far as i can see, this one is free.
If you try it and don't like it, let me know anyway. We all have different taste and i just want your opinion.
Gloria

LuckyLadyBug 02-06-2005 07:27 PM

For all that are participating don't forget to post your pounds lost during the 2 LBS IN 2 WEEKS CHALLENGE (2x2) 01/24 to 02/07 tomorrow.

As some of you know my Dad is in a nursing home. He got the flu two weeks ago and couldn't get over it so they put him in the hospital on Friday. Now they found he has gall stones and want to remove his gall bladder. I just don't know if he can handle the procedure. :(

I worry under the stress that I will eat badly, overeat and not exercise - at least that is my pattern from the past. :mad:

Well, at least this time I am aware, which will hopefully keep me from derailing completely.

Also, time to sign up for the next challenge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 LBS IN 2 WEEKS CHALLENGE (2x2) 02/07 TO 02/21
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucky

southern gal 02-06-2005 07:28 PM

Hi everyone!
Lucky, I love your quote about starting from now and making a brand new end. That is so true - and considering how many times I'm starting again, it definitly applies to me!

Gloria, glad you made it home OK. I thought about you going through all that ice around Atlanta. I'm further south in the state so it wasn't quite as bad here. We lost a couple of limbs but not whole trees like some of my neighbors did. We only lost power for a day so it could have been worse. (Of course my boys were soooooo bored without the TV, internet, etc.! That is all we heard all day Saturday...)

Tricia, you are doing so great with your weight loss. Halfway there! Way to go! You have a lot to be proud of. Congratulations!!!

Everyone else, good to see that you all are doing well. I'll catch up with the rest of you later. I've got one ear on the SuperBowl - actually I just watch it to see what crazy commercials they come up! - and trying to catch up on my mail at the same time. I'll talk to you later!

Laura

katrinabgood 02-06-2005 07:41 PM

GO EAGLES!!!

lucky 02-06-2005 08:27 PM

Gloria, I don't even have to try your dip to know I would like it. I'll eat spinach and artichoke hearts just about any way you make them. We had spinach quiche tonight as a matter of fact. My mother-in-law makes an artichoke chicken dish that I think you could use. The only carb I remember being included was a little bit of a bread crumb topping but it would be just as good without it, I think. I'll ask her to send me the recipe.

LuckyLadyBug, I've been thinking about what you told me a few posts back regarding having to learn to see myself other than fat. I've been working on it and decided that part of my image problem is that I avoid seeing my body as a whole. I even make an effort not to catch my reflection in store windows, etc. Anyway, I decided that I'll have to start SEEING myself if I'm ever going to be convinced that I've made real progress. So, tonight while I was on the elliptical machine I bit the bullet and looked over to the mirrored wall next to me. I couldn't believe what I saw. MY BOOBS STUCK OUT FURTHER THAN MY STOMACH! Now, I've always been big chested so, believe me, it takes a pretty big belly to get ahead of them. Sure, the belly is still there, but just the fact that it is starting to lose the race to the ladies proves to me that I am getting somewhere!

I am off to finish up the mounds of laundry I've avoided all weekend. I honestly don't know how we have so many dirty clothes. I've got the kind of kids that would much rather be naked than dressed. Maybe I should indulge them more often and save myself a little work. You guys have a great night. See you in the morning for our weigh in.