Housewives/Mom's Losing Weight #36

• Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat
  • Good Morning Everyone!!!!'

I hope everyone is feeling rested this morning. I'm tired. I got up to go potty last night and couldn't fall back to sleep. Oh well. It's another day. I have to get that last challenge and and some additional exercise in since it's the last day of the challenge. My brother is here and dh won't here till tomorrow night. Yesterday I spent alot of time cooking food for my brother. HE is a single guy and doesn't eat well. SO I cooked 7.5lbs of chicken. and I still have to make turkey meat loaf for him. I made, chicken parm, chicken soup and hawaiin chicken. BUT we ate pizza last night. I was good though. I ate some pizza and salad. I can't believe the challenge ends tomorrow. It should be interesting to see the final weigh in and measurements. My scale is probaly still at about 198 because TOM, but I believe I'll show a small loss in inches. We'll see. I don't really know, since I didn't check yet.

CHallenges.................LAST DAY try to get that final challenge exercise in. You can do it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hey girls!

I'm a little dismayed this morning my scale jumped back up with the arrival of TOM today I was so excited yesterday but now I feel like a total LOSER so today it was at 208.2 I just bawled hubby felt so bad for me. I dunno...is it normal to retain water the first day TOM arrives? Maybe my body dumped water yesterday and then retained it today I have no clue...Sorry to whine to you all lol

Mel I can't wait to hear your weigh in tomorrow! I'm sure you've gone back down! I think you've got this challenge won! Cuz I know I'm not going to catch up although I have finished the challenge already today, maybe I'll do an hour on the gazelle tonight after work. I work Noon to 8pm today so it won't be too late.

Okay well I hope you are all doing well!
    TTYL!
  • Super slow day on here. I was up way to early for me. Tiana has her basketball games on Saturday mornings. She has to be there at 7:45. YIKES!
    Plus had to take the other 2 with me. My mom isn't up to doing much at all, and she's usually the only one to pick on to watch them. After we get the rest of our house picked up, we're going to her house and clean up for her.

Michelle-Sorry to hear that your up. I bet it is from TOM. Mine is just getting over so maybe my weight will be down.

Melissa-Let see here! You cook like you exercise... ALOT! You sound like you cooked up enough for an army.

Today I've been fairly OP. Breakfast was a little later than usual because of the game so I didn't eat my usual. I had some sliced turkey and some low-fat cheese and some tomato juice. Trying to think of what to have for lunch. Maybe a salad with crab meat on it. That sounds good.

Okay...I'm going to get the challenge done so I can get a couple more points in.

~chris
  • Hi everyone!

Taking a break from sewing curtains for our room to make it a dark place to sleep. We bought a cd at wallyworld yesterday, "oceansurf" with a little music in it. Well...let me tell ya it works! Out like a light in a couple of minutes!

Chris- you're mom still hasn't heard anything? It's so nice of you to help her out now. I think 7:45 for bb is way to early too! Ooh, you salad with crab meat sounds good!

Michelle- oh no! I feel so bad for you! Despite whoever the winner is, I want to say you all are winners! Look how close you are to oneunderland now! I hope I'm there mmmmmm, maybe by summer too. I am so proud of all of you that have worked so hard during this challenge. Don't cry, we know it's TOM. They don't call it "the curse" for nothing! Next challenge I suggest we check the calendar and everyone's input on cycles and make sure we hit a good ending time! I don't know, is it possible to avoid this?

Mel- I got your package! Thanks so much! Marty is going to be one spiffy dude! The girls, of course, were oohing and aaahing over all the little outfits and saying how cute he was going to look in them. It's fun to have a lifesized "dolly" to play with and dress up. That was so awesome of you!!!!

When we were out yesterday, we had to stop and get something to eat,out. Mariel was telling her sibs that we stopped and ate at the "burgershop", which ought to tell you how often we go out to eat! It was BurgerKing! Told ya we live in the boonies! She's five and hasn't eaten BK more than 10 times in her whole life. Well, I'm going to finish these curtains off and iron them. This will be one of the rare posts where I mention ironing. I am not an ironing gal and avoid it at all costs if possible. I consider it to be a collosal waste of time. I hang up everything that needs to be ironed right out of the dryer. I bet I plug that puppy in only like 2-3 times a year! You can tell how much I like it. But iron today I must, so I"ll do it. TTYL

~Roxy
  • MIchelle, I know how you feel girlie. Remember how many times that happened to me...and still is. Don't worry, you'll be ok. Don't do exercise too late, it makes your muscles swell a bit. That can make you retain a bit more fluid too. I walked a very very long time today and my feet are hurting sooooo bad. TOM, is still hiding inthe background so we'll see what happens. Usually, as soon as I get it, I drop between 2 to 6 lbs. It's been more like 2-3 lately with all the exercise.

Chris, I hope you day isn't too hectic. How was the game? BTW, I don't normally cook like that, but it was for my brother. I do alot for him. Hey that's what sisters are foor. I figure, what the heck.

Roxy, so glad you got the clothes! Dont' cha just love the little robe? I might have matching little slippers to it, but I only found the one right now. BUgga played with them, because of the little fire truck. I guess that music wasn't mood music....lol....it just put you and dh to sleep, or just him? Anyway, have fun making your curtains. Wish I could do that.

Anyway, my brother and I took the kids to this mall that I've never been too. IT's the biggest darn thing I've ever seen. It was (4) FOUR floors and has a ferris wheel, a merry go round, a train and a Roller coaster in it. It also has an IMAX theater and 2 other theaters and man oh man stores galore.......Even a home depot and bj's.. We walked and only stopped 2 times to look in stores. We were just so curious to see everything that we didn't want to stop. We did take the kids on the ferris wheel though. They enjoyed that. We got there at 12 noon and ate lunch. Then at 1230 we walked until 415. I hurt so bad!!!!!!! They do mall walking there for exercise, but I don't know what the Milage was. I tried to look it up, but couldn't find it. We walked 3 floors from one end to the next. We couldn't bare going down to the first floor. we were too tired and Bugga fell asleep. So I walked slowly a total of 4 hours ... Since I walked so slow, I'll cut it half to 2 hours. Half hour challenge done plus 1 1/2 hours of additional. Whaoooooooooooooo baby. I should sleep well tonight.
  • Hey ladies! Add me to the TOM club. I was up a half pound from last weeks WI today and I just had a non-sbd lunch. It really wasn't bad, just a turkey sandwich on WW but I feel guilty since I was really trying to stay on. I just needed something new you know? Anyway I am pouring in the water today and will hope for a maintain or a loss. We'll see. I went to the gym this morning and got in 30 minutes of intense cardio then I just walked with my mom for 45 minutes so I got some more in too. I feel pretty good but I can really tell TOM is coming. Seems worse this month that normal. Maybe because I haven't really let myself give into the cravings like I usually do and it's making me be more aware or something. Anyway that's it for me. Just been hanging out getting taxes ready, need to scrub the tub and get some more cleaning done. DH made Bayley this AWESOME wagon, the freakin thing could probably hold all the nieces and nephews and there's 7! It holds me and Bayley with lots of room to spare and is pretty high off the ground. He made it cuz at the hospital they had big wagons like this one and it was the only thing that Bayley really had a good time doing while she was sick. I'll take a pic once he gets it painted. It's kind of rag tag now since he used all different wood and such. Can't wait to show you guys though!! I'm so proud of him!!

Mel you are so sweet to do that for your brother. You guys sound like you are really close. That's neat. That mall sounds so neat! We don't have anything close to that around here, would probably have to go to California! lol Good exercise though huh?

Michelle I am so sorry about the gain. I know that it is just water retention and it will be gone soon but it still sucks. We will have to do a WI when all of our TOM are gone!! Get some exercise in and take a water pill and see what happens! hugs!

Hi Roxy that's too funny about the "burgershop" lol That made me laugh. I'm the same way with ironing! I probably do it like 5 or 6 times a year. It's such a waste of time. If it can't be wrinkle free right out of the dryer I don't buy it! Also I get that downy wrinkle release stuff and it works good too! Hope you got those curtains done!

Hi Chris. That would have be way to early for me too! I don't function before 8! lol Hope you caught a little nap or somthing today. Sounds like you had a good breakfast!

Ok ladies. I really need to get to cleaning and putting my grouchy girl to bed. I'll be back later! TTYL
  • Hey girls,

I hope everyone has had a great day. We've been busy today with shopping, Jeremy's drum lesson, and cleaning the house. Woo hoo!

Michelle - you have been doing so well in the short time I've bene posting here. Try not to let one bad weigh in mess with your mind. You have lost 43 pounds!!!! That is so awesome. I can't wait until I can say I've lost my first 20 pounds and you have done it twice!! TOM will screw up things. You're still doing great.

Melissa - where is this mall you went to? Sounds like a blast.

Roxy - I have a noise machine that I HAVE to have on every night or I can't sleep. I even take it on vacation with me. I used to fall asleep with the TV real low but it disturbed my hubby. Even he likes the noise machine now and can't sleep when it's not on.

Chris - salad with crab! Yummy!!!

Jill - that wagon sounds really neat; I'm sure Bayley will absolutely love it.

Well, I finally did dust off the treadmill and did 20 minutes of running today. I think I'm going to shoot for doing some kind of exercise every day.

Sean has a date tonight (woo woo woo!) so we have to drive him to the movie theatre, so I'll see you guys tomorrow.
  • Jill, sounds like you got some great exercise in today. I bet tomorrow, you'll get rid of that .5 lbs. Cool about the wagon. I can't wait to see it. Every kid on the block is gonna wanna play in it! Including you!!! LOL. I don't think my dh could do something like that. It would probably be me doing it...lol. Right up my alley

Hey Gretchen!! Congrats on the exercise on the treadmill. Good for you. The mall is in NY. About 25 minutes from my house. I've never been to it. I guess I never realized it was so close. I didn't know that it had all that stuff too. It even has an ice skating ring and my health club has a branch there too. The kids didn't want to leave. WE didn't go to shop, that's why we walked and walked. IN fact, the only thing we bought was 2 things from the dollar store ..one for each kid, for being so good. Oh and lunch of course. So, when I say we walked we DID! No stopping we just checked out the neat stuff. It was like when you go on vacation, and you walk and see the sites. Hope you had fun shopping. Did you buy anything?
  • Gotta post fast before my husband comes home and makes fun of me for checkin in with my "family".

I visited my mom today but we didn't do much of anything...just watched a movie. Shall We Dance with Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez. It was a great chick flick.

Roxy-Nope...she doesn't get her results until Monday or Tuesday. They have to send them out to a pathologist after the lab processes them. Talk about making a person nervous. She's okay with it for now...she read up on uterine cancer on the internet, so she's prepared herself for what may come.

Melissa-I'm the world's worst cook. My dh does alot of it. Black is done is my motto. Tiana's game went great! Her team is a bunch of shorties but they sure but the whoopin to the other team... She was really disgusted with a girl off the other team who was ramming people with her elbows and pushing to get the ball all the time. Not a very good sport, and it just bugged Tiana really bad.

Jill-No nap here. I did eat a good lunch and dinner that are still SB...YEAH!

Gretchen-Congrats on your exercise. Good job girlie! You'll be at your first 20 before you know it.

Well gotta go before dh and Kayla get back with the movies.

~chris
  • Hi, funny thing happened on the way to post, my computer keeps losing its connection. I've posted a lot in the course of the last day, but y'all don't know it.

Today, I slept. And slept. And slept. My friend told me to stop taking nyquil and start taking Tylenol Cold and Flu severe, for the daytime. So I just got back from the store. That stuff has a very minty taste to it. But it coated my throat for a minute. I just took it. We'll see how it helps. Oh, I am also drinking oj. So, hopefully that will help. Something has to, cause I really need to get some housework done!

I would comment on some of the posts, but I can't focus to read them. I am sorry. I just wanted to let you guys know I was still alive over here...
  • Hello ladies! Today I spent the whole day shopping and doing lots of walking . I went to the mall with a friend of mine while dh stayed home with the kids. I spent way too much money! I brought the kids and myself some clothes. I stepped on the scale this morning and like Michelle I was down to 156 but am now back up to 159 because TOM has now hit me On the other hand I am soo excited!! I went and tried on a size 10 jeans and they fit!! When I started this challenge I was in a 14. I was even wearing a size X-large tops but today I brought a Medium top!!
    When I came home today the girls and I made necklaces and bracelets together. I made a pinwheel with my son and a swiper(from dora) mask. It was alot of fun. After that we watched Mary Poppins and they loved it.

Ladies let me tell you..I am really sad that the challenge is over tomorrow..It has really helped me more than you girls realize. You all know I have not been able to eat for over 2 weeks. I've spoken with Melissa several times about how I was worried when I could finally eat that I would go overboard. I am happy to say that from all the encouragement and motivation I have not allowed myself to do so. In fact I really eat like a bird. I can not sit and eat a whole meal at one time(My stomach has really shrunk!) I can only eat a little at a time, so I've started eating in spurts. I also find that the thought of eating sweets makes me sick!! Did I say that . I am loving this new lifestyle of healthy eating and exercise. So to all of you THANKS FOR everything!!

Mel~ Sounds like you had a busy day too!! It's nice that your brother is there while your dh is away. How was your last day of the challenge?? You know you're the Lean Mean Fighting Machine

Gretchen~ Way to go on getting a run in!! It will get easier as time goes on. How was your son's date?? I'm not looking forward to when my kids go on dates.

Jill~ That wagon sounds soo cool! You think your dh will make one for me and my kids too?? I can't wait to see pics of it!
    You're doing great btw with the SBD!

Roxy~ You iron your curtains!? I'm like Jill, I put them in the dryer and then hang them right back up. They are usually wrinkle free. Way to go with your weight loss this week too! You're doing great. I really enjoyed our chat the other night. Have a nice night.

Chris~ That salad does sound good! Did you make it?? Hopefully after Valentine's Day I'll be joining you, Kristin and Jill on the SBD.

Michelle~ I wanted to tell you that you've come a long ways in this challenge. TOM is always a bummer for me too. It seems like most of us are ending the challenge with it. You should be very proud of your accomplishments in these 8 weeks! I still think you ROCK! Have a great night!!

Well, I am off to bed..hope you all have a lovely night.
  • Starting a new thread!! See ya there!