Old 02-03-2005, 06:53 AM   #1  

Smile MOMS losing weight # 34

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat

Last edited by melmcc99; 02-03-2005 at 05:33 PM. Reason: CHANGED THREAD NAME
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:13 AM   #2  

Well, I don't know where everyone was yesterday, but today is a new day. Hopefully, no one was here because they were getting tons of exercise in.....hmmmm...I wonder..

Anyway, today I am planning one of those killer exercise days. I have to do my challenge of 150 crunches. I also have training and cardio to do. I have training at 930 and I have to be at the gyn at 1230, and it's closer to the gym, so, I'm gonna workout till 11:15ish, shower and get Bugga and head out. Then I have to be back to pick up Abigail by 245. Its gonna be a busy day around here.

Jill, I'm so glad that person wasn't in class, I hate when one person makes it so much more difficult. ANyway, glad you were able to talk and have a good time with it. How do you feel this morning. I bet you are one sore girlie!

Chris, How's your mom today? I'll say a prayer her biospy is negative. I know you must be worried. Huggs to ya. How was day two on SBD? I bet you'll see a loss for the end of the challenge. Maybe hit that ONeDERLAND. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Kristin, hope that leg is feeling better soon. I bet PT was a pain, but worth it in the end.

Penny, hope all is well with you. I'm wondering how Michelle is doing. PRayers your way.

Michelle, what's going on with you today? How's your stomach?

Tabitha, everything ok on your end. Hope you are feeling better.

Gretchen, how Curves going? Are you going there today?

Roxy, How's it going? IS tomorrow your weigh in? I think so. Keeping my fingers crossed for another loss.

Cindi, how's work going? ANy better yesterday? I know you had many babies in there the other day.

Geri, where are you?

Ricci, how's your son doing with the 5th's

Stephanie, we haven't heard from you. Maybe you dh is home this week and you are spending time. hope all is well.

Deana, how's it going? Are things slowing down a bit for you..? probably not! How's curves. Let us know about your weigh in. You are doing so awesome.

Jeniqua, how is your mouth feeling today? Can't say tooth, because it should be gone right? How'd that go? Hope you were able to eat something and if not hopefully today.

Ok, all, I have to get moving here. BOTH kids were up before six thirty, so I am tired and have to get dd ready for school and that little bugga going too. Oh yeah, and myself too. BBL...I think....to check in. Have a great day.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Morning everyone,

Hi Melissa - No, I'm not going to Curves today. I usually go on M/W/F. I have been thinking about dusting off my treadmill and doing a little work on that on in-between days.

I'm going to go out to Target today to pick up Turbo Tax and I will be working on doing our taxes today. I used to do it myself all the time, but I never found all the deductions we were owed. I just hate to pay a tax preparer since I'm so cheap!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Jeniqua - how are you? Did you check in here last night? I was wondering how you were. When I had a tooth pulled, they had to stitch up my gum and I could not drink anything too hot or too cold and I basically had to eat pureed food for the first couple of days. You know, it didn't really hurt when the tooth was pulled, but my gum in the area was a little tender for awhile afterward. Check in to let us know how you are doing.

I'm off to Target! See everyone later.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning ladies!

Flying low......been busy with taxes and scout stuff all morning. On my way out the door to Curves, then grocery shopping and Walmart. Scouts after school, dh is home tonight and NOTHING on my calendar after about 7 p.m......WOW!!! That's a first in a while.

Mel: Have fun at the gym today.....skinny minnie!!!

Gretchen: Don't open that Turbo Tax as soon as you get home!!! Add me to your yahoo messenger and shoot me a message. I'll tell ya how you can do them for FREE!!! online. And submit them electronically, refund in about 10 days! The only thing you have to pay for is your state return and Missouri is 19.95 plus tax. I imagine they are all relatively close to that. Let me know. I am always invisible on yahoo and I will be running but will check as soon as I get home. LMK!!!

Well, I'm not winning any races just sitting here. Out the door I go. I'll check in later.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning Ladies!

Jillybean- glad you got that presentation overwith! I don't especially like public speaking. I'm vice-pres. of our ladies club at church. Next year I'll have to be pres. not looking forward to it let me tell ya! I really dislike rude people also.
Glad that you are toning up your core! I bet those pilates are gonna have a flattening effect on you in a short amount of time. With my big belly I'll probably have to roll and fold it and stick it either up in my bra of down in the undies , either way...not a happy thought. I certainly don't need more in the boob dept.!

Hey Mel- I must have missed ya! As I'm posting our heroine is working out in the gym, the theme music from Rocky plays softly in the background, as stream rolls off her body like London fog. Yes, tomorrow's my weigh in day. I'm feeling pretty good this week. I would be completely satisfied every week if I lost 2 lbs. I realize I haven't always lost that but still losing more, for me would be unrealistic. Ya know, I hate those weight loss stories where there's a part that they say, "Yeah, and the weight just fell off!" like it was magic or something and hard work had nothing to do with it. I don't no why but that is aggravating to me.

Gretchen-hey I have to do my taxes to. Have fun! OOOH you have a treadmill? Lucky, lucky! Do use it inbetween!

Hi Michelle- read your thread about the Splenda lawsuit. DANG! I knew it wasn't completely natural but chlorine? There doesn't seem to be anyone whose trust you can put yourself into that isn't in it for the money! Rats! I wonder why I can tolerate Splenda instead of nutrasweet, hmmmmm? The best thing to do is to eliminate as many things like that from your diet and keep it as natural as possible anyway. How are you today? Getting in all of your exercise? I hope everyone is through with TOM at the end of this challenge! Hope the stomach is better!

Hi Deana-Zip! Zip! Zip! Could you give me that tax info too, please? I haven't open my box of taxcut yet either. I like that program because I goes in steps and I would never figure out all those deductions on my own. Ya Know, last year I was singing... "Thank Heaven for little girls!" Those children sure come in handy then! Have a great workout at Curves. What are your new measurements? Have you done them lately? You are probably down! Go E.T.!

Jeniqua-better? I hope you are!!!

Penny- still in our prayers!

Chris-Praying for your Mom!

Kristin-do your PT like a good girl, we want you better as soon as possible!

Cindi-hope things calm dowm for you!

Ricci-How is your ds? Is he feeling better?

Tabitha-how are you doing? Enjoying your car? Hope that WF can get you going soon! Don't forget flylady, it'll help when you are working to keep a routine going.

Well I'm off to the store shopping...TTYL I hope you all have a wonderful day!
BTW- it is bright and shiny outside today! I haven't seen that in a few days it is soooo welcome!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:34 PM   #6  

Roxy, your post made me laugh. Yes, I was at the gym, hoping to burn my butt off. I know what you mean. 1-2 sometimes a happy three or an unhappy ZERO is all that ever happens here. I don't know how that girl is losing so much. She must be on meds. Don't you think? Anyway, keep up the good work. You are doing awesome.

Gretchen, Turbo tax is great software. WE use it here. You are right, it's so much better than paying someone all kinds of money to do your taxes. Have a great day.

WHERE IS EVERYONE AGAIN???????????
Old 02-03-2005, 02:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

I had some running around to do today but I'm done now and need to get to work on an assignment. I've got 30 minutes gazelle in already woo hoo. I ended up having to buy a new scale, my one that got damaged from water worked for one day and then went kaput, so I picked a new one up today. I wasn't happy with my weigh in today but oh well I confess I haven't eaten the best the last few days, I've been a bit stressed with school

Anyway I better get to work on my assignment then I'll be back in a bit

Deana I use Tax cut and Deduction Pro but I've already opened them we'll be getting about 2500 dollars back, Zhaun gets his big screen tv and I want new carpet and a sectional couch we'll see though

Okay girls bbl!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:00 PM   #8  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Omg!!! Wow!!! You Ladies Are Awesome!!

Ya know, it felt like Christmas here today!!(I am in tears) You should have seen the kids when all the boxes just kept coming through the door!! They had a blast opening them and seeing what kinds of goodies were sent by my friends!! I don't know what I ever did to deserve such great friends, but THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!(BTW, we are hving spaghetti for dinner! LOL!)

Yes, work has been better, not less babies...just a little more control as we get use to each other! My throat hurts alot, but I can't find time to go to the doc. I think I am going to go take some advil and see if I can get so me relief while I watch my tivo'd soaps!!

PS. Why don't we just call this thread "Moms Losing Weight" like our website says?? I have always wondered, but never remember to ask you all. I am not desperate, not just a housewife anymore, but I am a Mom Losing Weight.

See you later this evening!!!

YOU LADIES JUST ROCK!!!

Love and hugs,
~Cindi~
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:12 PM   #9  

Cindi, I'm so glad you got those boxes. I bet you were all so excited. BTW, we have tiedered between MOM's losing weight and housewives losing weight. Maybe it should be Housewives and MOM's losing weight. Anyone have any objections? I bet that pasta will go a long way. lol. I know your one son only eats Itailan.... Hope you enjoy it. We are all glad and happy to help.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:15 PM   #10  

Michelle, that's weird, I posted to you and it's off in cyber space. ANyway, I hope you stomach is feeling better. Is TOM causing the problems with eating? It'l be ok. DId you get the same kind of scale? Or different? Anyway, I'll see ya later online. Good luck with your school work. Dont' forget to take a break once in a while.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:52 PM   #11  
**Kristin**

hi- quicky from me! Just wanted to say hi! Busy day got to work tonight, ugh....ankle is giving me trouble!

I like Moms losing weight.....lots of us aren't "housewives" anymore, but we are ALL moms! It doesn't matter either way to me!! LOL!

Have a great afternoon and evening all. I'll be back tomorrow!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:23 PM   #12  
a.k.a. Roxy

Afternoon to all of you MOMs!

Well, I just found out That I have to go to another town tomorrow in order to get Martin's SSN# They issued him one but I never recieved it, so in order for me to do my taxes I have to go there and get it in person. Oh well, that's a much bigger town and I can go to a walmart then. Well, here's another bit of news... my dh just got hired by the post office. It's a temp job for now but in order to take it, he has to go on nights with his other job. This is going to be so difficult for him. He realizes his current job is not going anywhere. He currently works in a publications factory making magazines. He wants out of there sooooo bad! Plus it would really be a help to the family. I took the phone call that told him he was to start training on Mon . Now I have to find a white noise source, (I found one on the internet) and get the windows covered to make them dark so he can sleep. I don't know how this will work out with 2 shrilly girls and a parrot(Martin!) all day! He will only see the rest of the children on the weekends. I'll let you know how this is going. Well...if I become pregnant again I can truthfully say that he looks just like the mailman! I know that was bad! Anyway that's my new news.

Cindi-I'm happy that you liked the packages! Hope you like peanutbutter! I also like the MOMS lOSING WEIGHT because some of us aren't SAHMs now. I certainly don't really care unless I'm starting a post and have to remember what we are called! Enjoy your spaghetti sweetie, love ya, things will be better soon, really.

Hi Mel- well, I know you were working hard at the gym today. I have this mental picture of you working hard like those Rocky movies and just couldn't resist teasing you a little bit. Of course, it's all in fun and I truly admire you, I hope that when I'm down more the liking for exercise will increase, and I develop such great habits as you are forming. No good thing comes without effort.

Hi Michelle! I am so proud of you! You are becoming like Mel when it comes to exercising too! WTG! So inspirational! It is so easy to give up unless we have these good role models! Who's goona be the next one in downunderland???????? Stay tuned!

Well, I better go and finish getting ready for the afterschool crowd! TTYL!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:43 PM   #13  

OK, LADIES, I HAVE CHANGED THE NAME OF THE THREAD FROM HOUSEWIVES LOSING WEIGHT TO MOM'S LOSING WEIGHT. I AGREE, MANY ARE WORKING SOME KIND OF JOB, SO "HOUSEWIVES" ISN'T APPROPRIATE. WE ARE ALL MOMS SO THAT'S WHAT COUNTS. SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS. I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE CHANGING IT. I'M BEAT TODAY.

Kristin, sorry your ankle is bothering you. Hope it's better soon.

Roxy, I can here the music playing. I used to hear it when I would start working out after a long time...lol and I would picture myself getting smaller and smaller and stronger. Just like Rocky Balboa got leaner and stronger for the fight....So funny you should say that.

So far, my weight is hanging at that 198 mark. Maybe tomorrow It'l be down. I was extra good and I worked out like a nut. Gyn appt was status quo, she thinks I might have a bladder infection, but hard to tell with me, because of my kidney problems. Also she thinks I have a reacurrent yeast do to hormones. Did some reading about that and found that it can cause you to Not lose or to gain weight...ah ha! Well see what the tests show. I've been have a on and off problem for many months..even before the exercising. I'm going to ask her about the weight thing on Monday when she calls. Also, found a detox for it that will help cleanse the body of yeast and help to lose weight. INTERESTING. Hope that wasn't too much info. BUt I thought it was somewhat relevant because of what I read.

Michelle, the thing I read talked about stomach problems and yeast too. You might want to look into it. Yeast, it said can cause IBS, which I was diagnosed with right before this stinkin problem began. It can also cause heartburn and other wacky intestinal problems...check it out.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:45 PM   #14  

oops, Roxy, sorry, you have to go far to a big town to get that ss# that stinks!! Cool about dh getting that temp job at the post office. That would be great. I'm sure it would turn into permanent after a while. I mean, that's the way in with those jobs..right? ANyway, It's hard working those hours, especially at the start. BUt, I'm sure it'l be worth it in the long run.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

You guys rock! I don't know about the packages, but Cindi sounds thrilled! Awesome, just awesome.
I was just thinking that it's so great to have the accountability here. I sometimes feel like blowing off my workout or bingeing, but I log in here and I know someone will talk me out of it. I haven't felt like that too much yet, but in a few months, I'll be caving, I'm sure.

I ended up getting TaxCut and I hate it. I have spent all afternoon in front of the 'puter just get more frustrated. I guess my next step will be to get the free turbo tax download and take it from there. I don't know. Deana, I didn't see your message in time. Dumb me.

What's this about Splenda? As you guys know, I can't eat that stuff.

Roxy, LOL about the mailman. That is how I feel. Matt is almost never home. Well, he is fixed, anyway. Hee hee.. too much information.

I like the name change. I don't really like the show "Desperate Housewives" anyway. Speaking of TV, the Happy Days reunion is on tonight. Woo hoo, I am so excited!!! Then it's the Apprentice. I've got a big night of TV watching tonight. Matt will be late, as usual.

Melissa - do you weigh yourself everyday? I don't think I could do that. I am too easily discourage and my old lady water weight and messed up TOM would wreck havoc with the scale. Whatever works for you is what you should do, I say.

We're having tuna patties, mac & cheese (from a box) and green beans tonight. These children better not complain! LOL!

Jeniqua - where are you? I'm worried!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote