3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Full time working stiff! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/52690-full-time-working-stiff.html)

lmatis 01-30-2005 09:15 AM

Full time working stiff!

I'm only about a week old here and I've been lurking around and don't seem to quite fit in anywere! So I want to search out some others who share my issues as well. I work full time, with the commute I'm gone from home about 50 hrs a week. I would love to share lunch ideas, quick dinners, and after school snacks! Things like trying to keep up with the laundry and squeeze in a good work-out! Couldn't go to the gym if my life depended on it! :^: I love newbies with their abundance of excitement when they first start (always a moral booster when somebody is excited)! I want to have some old timers too! Sometimes newbies disappear. :( I love to have fun, laugh at myself, and survive this crazy life style! It dosen't matter if your weight loss goals are more or less than mine, it dosen't matter if you have kids or not, it dosen't matter what diet plan you are following, and it dosen't matter if you fall off the wagon. (who dosen't :^: ) I would love to chat with others who have to survive the parties at work, the mad dash to get home and get dinner together, stay ahead of the laundry, and trying to make healthy choices among it all! And above all people who don't mind that I can't spell :lol: !!!

Christalynn 01-30-2005 10:50 AM

buddy?

Imatis,

I know how you feel about newbies dissappearing..that happens to me all the time :^: I've been around since November and really like it here. I work full time and go to school part time. It is hard to make healthy choices when you're constantly on the go. Of course, I only have to worry about myself. I'm single with no children. I'm working on myself right now getting ME! where I need to be and not worrying about anything else. I joind WW in November and I've had alot of success with that. I suffered through two holidays working at a grocery store with all the goodies I could eat and I still managed to lose through those few weeks. I am always needing quick and easy recipes. I really like to see people successful and motivated toward their life goals... the reason I'm going into Elementary Education.
If you're still interested in a buddy just send me a pm
Take Care,

almostheaven 01-30-2005 11:00 AM

Lori, I was working 40 hours a week and spending 10 hours a week in a classroom two nights out of the week. I'd use my lunch hour on the nights I had class and go walking or even run a few miles. Then I'd eat at my desk or save 10 minutes to eat at the end of lunch. When I didn't have class, I exercised right after work before I did anything else. I would spend one whole day on the weekend and cook up several dishes and freeze them so that I would have my meals already prepared for the next week or so.

katushkacz 01-30-2005 11:26 AM

hi

Hi, I hope you won't mind if I join you. Even though I am a newbie, I believe I won't dissapear ;)

First of all, I apologize for my mistakes. i am from Europe and still stugling with English

I am just 20 years old but I work full time and go to school. My schedule is really crazy. I work M-F from 8:30am - 4:30pm and then I have a second job Sun-W from 7:30pm - 10pm. I am taking ESl classes (before I go to university) on Thursdays from 5pm-8pm.
Well, I really have no time to exercise. On weekends, I am trying to clean my apartment and cook for all week. The thing is I work as a nanny and honestly, there is no healthy food in the people's house.
I really love group exercises and try to get to my gym as often as possible but it is so hard :(

MandyJane 01-30-2005 11:27 AM

Hello there!

Well I know how busy feels, lol!

I currently am out of the house for work plus travelling time for about 50 hours per week too, I am a single parent of a 14 year old; I tutor part time and I'm also studying as well as trying to fit in exercise and lose 40lbs! I'm also a moderator on a couple of websites, lol

I am desperately trying to get back into my exercise routine but it usually means getting out of bed at 5.00am so that I can exercise in the front room to DVD/videos - I have absolutely no time for travelling to and from the gym and time for getting changeed etc. etc. either.

I am hoping to get a small amount of weight training in at night too (or am I just expecting too much)

Nice to meet you all

lmatis 01-30-2005 11:31 AM

The more we have the more fun and better ideas! :D I'm going to see how many takers we have and gather up email and contact info maybe find a spot in the support forum we can chat on! :) I love newbies, they always bring forgotten excitement to the group! I just feel sad when they give up and don't come back! :(

diamondlady2 01-30-2005 04:07 PM

Hi Imatis And Everyone! I Am Not So New To 3fc! Haven't Visited For About 3 Yrs Or So.... I Saw Ur Post Imatis On Another Thread.... I Too Am Having A Tough Time Trying To Find A Place To Fit In..... I Am 48 Work Full Time 3 Kids 2 From Dh 1st Marriage Work A Swing Shift I Am Falling Off Track With Diet And Exercise And Really Need Some Support And Would Be Happy To Give Anyone Else The Same Back. This Site Was My Inspiration... I Have Posted On 2 Other Threads Regarding My Story. Would Also Like To Email And Chat With Others Going Thru Some Of The Same Things... Cooking Dinners Bad Snacks Good Snacks Emotional Eating Etc..... Swing Shift Trying To Fit Exercise In... U Know What I Mean... Thanx For Listening

Donna From Southern New Jersey

Karen 01-30-2005 04:58 PM

What kind of diet plan is everyone doing?

lmatis 01-30-2005 05:03 PM

Hi Karen,
Whatever you want! Looks like we have some WW, low cal., and low-fat! Maybe more soon! :)

Karen 01-30-2005 05:11 PM

Hi Lori,
I've been doing LAWL but not with any luck. I've been gaining and losing the same weight over and over for almost a year. I think it's time for a change. I was thinking of doing the old calorie counting again. I just need to get these 40 pounds off... :dizzy:

KYColonel 01-30-2005 05:28 PM

Hi All!
This newbie also puts in a lot of time at work, but I'm not nearly as busy since I moved to Ky. I was EXTREMELY active with the city while living up North, but the rednecks down here do not like outsiders coming in to "mess up" their good-old-boy politics!
I will soon be opening a new office about 90 miles away, so I will enjoy my free time while I have it!
I was going to a gym, but have found that I am more committed here at home with my cheering section not letting me slip up. I don't think I would be comfortable going to WW meetings. Using support via this format is new to me, but I think I will like it. I tend to laugh at myself easily (and the opportunity pops up all too often!), so I would love to share with others.
Joetta

DayByDay 01-30-2005 05:56 PM

Hi everyone :)

I'm new here too and haven't really found a place that I fit in either.

I'm 45, the single mom of a 17 year old girl, and work fulltime (40-45 hours per week). I just quit smoking January 3, and have been on a good old fashioned 1200 calorie plan. It's working well for me - as of this morning I've lost 11.5 pounds. I'm a little bit afraid of what's going to happen when I finally take the patch off though.

I just started on my treadmill today. I'd like to do it everyday, but I can't decide if I want to get up at 5 AM or do it at night after work. Getting in exercise during the week has always been a challenge for me.

KYColonel 01-30-2005 06:02 PM

Way to Go on quitting the smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joetta

katushkacz 01-30-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyWallaceFan
What kind of diet plan is everyone doing?

I found out that there is no diet that would help me. And I also found out that if I want to lose weight and then maintain them, I have to stick with it for rest of my life. Therefore, I am counting calories, trying not to eat fat and sweet, and exercise a lot.

Loud_Librarian 01-30-2005 07:33 PM

Greetings All! I am new here too. I've been lurking for awhile and decided to join so I could be a part of your group. I've been TTLW (trying to lose weight) since Jan 3. I have lost a total of 9 lbs. All I am doing is counting calories (using fitday.com), cutting our sugar (esp coca cola) and trying to stay away from too much saturated fat. I read a book called "Fat Land" this month that has really helped with my mental perspective on Americans, our habits and where they are derived.

I really need a support group that understands the pain of denying oneself during stressful, difficult and emotional moments. I have yet to be able to give up alcohol altogether and I can't give up caffeine either.

I hope to get to know you all better and hopefully we can find a way to shed these pounds and be healthier altogether. My biggest issue is that I am an asthmatic that is afraid of exercise. I hope to ease into it gently in the coming months.

Good to meet you all! :)