Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 07:02 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#30)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 07:06 AM   #2  

Shelley....I agree with Ramona. The doctor just wants to be sure that it's nothing serious. I know it's going to be hard but please don't worry about this and make yourself sick. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Love you! BTW: WTG on another 1/2 lb! You skinny floozie!!!

Ramona....I hope everyone there is feeling better!

Got to get ready for work.....Have a great OP day all! I hope to see lots of posts when I get home....
Old 03-09-2005, 09:26 AM   #3  

Shelley--TRY not to worry. I know that's impossible, but just remember what Ramona and Sherry said. Also, remember that we are all here for you. We love you!

Sherry, yep, it has been awfully quiet around here lately. What's up with that? It's w-e-i-r-d....... I am puzzled as to how WW could be causing your pain. Hmmmmm.....You're keeping track of what you eat, have you gone back and seen if there's a WW "staple" food that you normally don't eat. Maybe you're allergic to some kind of sugar substitute? I dunno, but I hope you figure it out!

Janice, I know what you mean about not having much going on! My life is dull, dull, dull right now! It's tough to post when there's nothing to say

Ramona, sweetie, I hope you all get to feeling better soon. We have a lot of folks sick over in the northeast part of the state, too. Luckily I've managed to avoid it so far this season. I hope I keep on avoiding it!!

Gayle, I hope you're lurking! I miss you!

Dee, hope you're keeping those beach sands warm. I miss you, too!!

Hey to Krystal (newbie!!), Vicky, Mary, Carol (hope you're doing better!!!!), Debbie, and all my other Floozie pals!

Last edited by 4myloves; 03-09-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:12 PM   #4  
Finnigan Begin Again

Good Morning Floozies! I agree, I've been lurking here for a while before I signed up, and it has gotten awfully quiet - I hope I haven't scared anyone off! (just kidding)

This morning was my first weekly weigh in, and JOY of JOYS I'm down 3.5kg!!!! (That's 7.7lbs to you imperialists) I'm so excited and motivated by such a big loss, I'm sure it was the water weight I gained since I finished Atkins last year...but wow!

This week I'm hoping to exercise more, stick to my points (especially as there's a party coming up on Saturday) and lose some more padding! Yippee!!!

I'm off to update my ticker!

*krystal*
Old 03-10-2005, 05:57 AM   #5  

Yay, Krystal!! That's wonderful!! Keep up the great work.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:51 AM   #6  

WTG Krystal!! Happy of you!

Shelley...Are you feeling better about your test now? I hope so. I don't want you to worry yourself sick.

I wrote Gayle an email and haven't heard from her. Has anyone else?

Have a great OP day!
Old 03-10-2005, 06:45 PM   #7  

No, Sherry. I haven't heard from her. I hope she is okay.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #8  
Losing it!

We had a family emergency come up last Thursday with my mom, I'll post later.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:47 AM   #9  

Gayle-If you can't post, please email me. I hope your mom is okay.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:54 AM   #10  
Losing it!

Sorry I was MIA, I will be leaving again but wanted to let you guys know what happened. Last Thursday, the 3rd, my mom had a heart attack and she was lifewatched to another city two hours away. Thank goodness she called me, she thought she had the flu.

She had three stints placed and was expecting a slow but promising recovery. On Monday the 7th, her heart had regular rhythm and they decided she could be dismissed. She was in the restroom with a nurse and collapsed on top of her with no pulse or blood pressure. Thank goodness the nurse could scream and finally reach the pull cord. Too make a long story short, they gave mom CPR for 1 hour (the priest was outside the door administering last rights) and went in for open heart surgery, from there she was in ICU for 3 days. The doctors prepared us on what to expect after 1 hour of CPR and seepage/bleeding from the heart. If she lived they expected some type of brain damage anywhere from short term memory loss to never being able to speak to us again. I resolved myself to mom would be on life support. Not this spunky lady! She is sitting up and talking! She remembers dates, times, people and is also able to retain information. I see some signs of confusion, but we will accept it, this is so much better then what we expected. The doctors told us after the surgery it will be a waiting game, now we need to see if there is kidney damage plus other things. Mom now has pneumonia in one lung and a small spot in the other, the doctors seem optimistic in treating it. She has a long road to go down, but with her determination things will work out for the best.

I'm home today, my brother is up with her, I will go back early Saturday. I needed a break plus I was missing our little one.
Through this, I was only able to see Allison just a few times. Liz has been coming up on her days off and Steve has tried to be with me most of the time. I keep telling him to go back to work, but he isn't listening.
I will update you when I get back home this next time.

BTW: My mom had an after life experience, the ICU nurse said you can see definite patterns in the stories she hears from the patients.

*** I had a wake up call ~~~ anyone not taking care of their health should spend a week on the cardiac critical care unit floor and a few days in ICU, our heart is more important then we realize. I never realized problems with the heart could lead too so many other health problems.

Love you guys, if nothing comes up with mom, I will try to check in later tonight.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:40 AM   #11  

GAYLE!!!! Thank you for posting! Man, what a scary story. I'm SO GLAD your Mom is able to sit up, talk and recognize y'all. Yep--I'd be happy with that, I could live with a little confusion. I'm praying for her, you and your family...

Love, love, love,

Cheryl
Old 03-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #12  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Gayle

I am so thankful that your Mom is still with you. Man, how scarey is that? My thoughts and prayers are with her for a full recovery and with your whole family. I agree with you, we all take life and each day for granted. We should all live each day to the fullest. I know after James had his heart attack it sure opened my eyes to a lot of things.
Take care and keep us posted on her condition.
Hugs...deb
Old 03-11-2005, 04:57 PM   #13  

Gayle-I am praying that your mom makes a quick recovery. Sounds like she is starting to! Thank you so much for taking the time to post and I am sending love and hugs and prayers you way.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #14  

All my Floozies, have a good week-end!

Cheryl
Old 03-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #15  

Gayle, I hope you got my email. I read your post at work today, but I still can't post from there. I can't even express how your ordeal touched my heart. I cried and cried for you. Thank goodness your mother has such a strong will to survive. Please take care of your self and give your mom a hug from me. Let us hear from you when you have the time and the strength.
Love you much,
Ramona
Closed Thread