Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 06:21 PM   #31  

Cheryl-Good luck! I hope you get to go!
Old 02-02-2005, 06:23 PM   #32  
Losing it!

Hi group!

I found a mag at Walmart today, it is titled "Looking Good now" and this is the premiere issue for $1.99. It is filled with exercise tips, weight control issues etc. Three peole on the front cover lost 160 pounds combined. I found my copy on a display over by the magazines. It really is a good magazine, hopefully it will stay loaded with as much info as the first issue.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #33  

A BLESSING or a CURSE? GOOD LUCK or BAD LUCK?

Who decides this? Why me? Why not me?

Yesterday I had an interesting day. What could go wrong went wrong. Maybe not, or at least it seamed to. Around 2:00 a ½ hour before I was to leave for teatime, I was startled out of my seat by a horrifying bang! I jumped up to dial 911 emergency as I yelled, “Hello, I am here! Larry come over here.” even though he wasn’t home. (I had just read an email written by rapist telling you that they would prey on quiet people) I thought that the frond door was going to come crashing down as I yelled into the phone that I think that I am being broke into. The operator proceeded to tell me she had to put me through to the police department. Wouldn’t you know it I got a recording saying “All operator’s are busy right now…” I shouted into the speaker phone is somebody there, as my heart raced at an abnormal pace. Finally, after what seem to take forever (which was only about one minute) an officer came on the line. I told her that I thought that someone was trying to break down the door and if she would listen on the speakerphone while I went to check it out. Nothing there, not even a broken window. I couldn’t believe it. I told the officer there was no evidence of foul play, but there had been a loud thud that scared the crap out of me. She said that I sounded really scared and if I wanted somebody to come out and check. I told herno it was ok. She said to phone back if there was anything suspicious happening and to check outside to see if I could see anyone. I checked out the front windows and no one was around. I headed to the back of the house where the kid’s bedrooms are to check it out. Under Jay’s door I spotted two marble size stones, I thought that is weird so I opened his door. As I opened the door I said what the "Heck" is going on here. Who made this mess! I looked up and the ceiling had collapsed! There was plaster and water everywhere! There was rain that was pouring on Jay’s TV. Phone, stereo, movies, games etc. What a huge mess. I called Larry. As I went out for tea Larry was coming in to the rescue. Boy did I feel bad but there wasn’t really anything that I was able to do to help clean up. Sorry. Larry called Jay to come home and help him. Brave Larry decided to climb the roof to see what was happening. Jay was spotting him on the ladder when he slipped on a shingle. As he slid down the roof Jay grabbed him to stop him from sliding any more as they both started to fall off the roof and ladder. Quick thinking for Jay he grabbed the edge of the roof and hung on. Jay shouted to him No more Dad, you are not going back on the roof, that is it! I arrived home and checked in on the boys to see how everything was going. Guess what, just as I peaked my head in the door a large part of the ceiling came down on my head. I turned around so they couldn’t see me and started to cry as my back and neck went into spasms. Why me, why not one of them? The adjuster came down today to see if our insurance was going to cover it. Nope not one itty-bitty cent. Ice damming, so there is no coverage. When you think that nothing else could go wrong it can. Dez called and she fell down the stairs and broke her tailbone. She will find out next week if they have to operate.

So do you think that this is a curse or a blessing?

I think that we are very lucky, we are blessed.

We are very lucky that Jay was not in bed.
The police respond time for answering the phone was only one minute.
I am lucky that I wasn’t embarrassed by the police coming out to see that only the ceiling fell down.I didn't actually crap myself.....lol
I didn’t have heart attack just tackicardia.
Larry rescued me so I could go to teatime.
Jay saved his Dad.
I saved the day by taken the hit on the head. OUCH!!
We are lucky to have a home with electronics too!
Dez is young she will heal.

So are we lucky????

Putting things in a possitive perspective helps us count our blessings.

Last edited by Deelite; 02-02-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:32 PM   #34  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Dee...What a scare for you! But I agree, glad no one was hurt seriously. Poor Dez!! Please keep us posted on her. I know you are ready for your vacation!! Hugs!!

Gayle...That magazine sounds interesting. I'm going to look for it. How is your back.

Shelley....WTG!! On getting your weight back down.

Cheryl... We will keep our fingers crossed that you get to go work where your hubby is!!

Sherry... How are you feeling? Did the over the counter meds help?

Ramona...How are you feeling? I hope today was a better day for you.

We got the results from James' MRI and they found a lots of inflamation but nothing out of place. The doctors are going to treat it with corizone shots and Physical Therapy. He started on the steriods yesterday and already feels some better. Thanks again for caring everyone!!

Going to try to get back on plan tomorrow, seems I've been doing a lot of stress eating the last few days.

Love you guys....deb
Old 02-02-2005, 09:35 PM   #35  

Dee...Oh my gosh! Thank God you, your hubby & Son are all ok!!! I think God was with you today AND you DO have angels watching over you!!! I can't imagine how frighten you were!! Just think, it could have been much worse! Material things can be fixed....Just glad ya'll didn't seriously hurt! And you're right...Dez is young and can AND will get better. Bless her heart! Take care!

Cheryl.... I hope so much that you'll be able to be with your hubby!! You really deserve that!!! I'll say a prayer!

Debbie...James is still in my prayers! Was he any better today? Hope he makes a full recovery!

Gayle....I'm going to buy that magazine tomorrow! Thanks!!!! Today when I bought Womans World there's an article about walking away pounds. Will read it and give you an update! BTW: Is Allison completely well now?

Hello to all.....Jump right on in and post with us!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 05:59 AM   #36  

Sherry-I didn't get the picture, and all the posts are not fitting into the screeen. What's up with that? Does anybody else have this problem? I had to scroll sideways to read everyone's post.

Dee-I'm not sure that I can call that a blessing. But at least you are looking on the positive side. Sorry about everything!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:43 PM   #37  

Shelley--the picture is bigger than the screen. I think that's why this thread is off the way it is. It's doing the same thing to me.

It's a good picture, though. Dee, you're lovely. Why would Larry want to kiss a smelly old fish when you're right there? I couldn't read all of your post because of the way the screen is. Sorry.

Thank you for all of your wishes that I'll get to go home and spend some time w/Stewart. I sent in my volunteer request yesterday. I don't know when I'll hear back from the Big People.

Cheryl
Old 02-03-2005, 01:22 PM   #38  

Dee...The picture was way too big.Scan it again and make it smaller then resend it and I'll post it again.

Only worked 1/2 day. Wayne goes to his heart doctor for his check-up.

I'll check in later!!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:52 PM   #39  
Janice

Hello Everyone,
I have just been looking at all your pictures, it is nice to see the people that talk together here. I have a digital camera but I'm not that good at it yet. The scale has been stuck for the past week, I am having a hard time staying motivated. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. I try to cook different ww recipes every night. Doug likes some of them but not all. He is always saying, do I look like I need to be on a diet with you? I got new for you buddy! Don't want to hurt his feelings though. I read the posts everyday, just haven't had much to post myself.
Janice
Old 02-03-2005, 05:27 PM   #40  

Janice-You are doing great! Just take it one meal at a time if you have to. I am so glad that you joined our group. If DH doesn't like the way you cook, tell him to cook his own! Of course, I'm one to talk. My hubby does all the cooking, and he knows that I won't eat anything that is not on my WOE!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:08 PM   #41  

Sherry sorry about screwing up everything here. I have no idea how to do these things. Larry made it smaller. I hope that it works now. Jay scanned it at work. How did Wayne make out today? I hope things went well.

Debbie I am glad that James doesn't have anything seriously wrong with his back. It is good to know that he is already starting to feel a bit better.

Janice I agree with Shelley, some days you just have to take it one meal at a time. Ask yourself why did I want to lose weight in the first place. And keep reminding yourself of it. Maybe for meals you could make one dish that isn't lite and let Doug it eat. It might make him happier.

Cheryl thank you for the compliment. Don't you just love the fishing garb?

Shelley yeah I have to stay positive. I just have to many things that aren't going my way right now. Things can be worse. I am ready for the holiday. It is a good thing that this didn't happen while we were away. By the way the same day all this happenned my step father in law's new Cadillac was stolen. He didn't even have it 24 hours......lol **** happens.

Gayle how are you doing? I know that you are busy but don't you love me enough to post??????
Old 02-04-2005, 12:22 AM   #42  
Losing it!

heres some humor for you!!!

A blonde is terribly overweight, so her doctor puts her on a diet. "I want you to eat regularly for two days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for two weeks. The next time I see you, you'll have lost at least five pounds."
When the blonde returns, she's lost nearly 20 pounds. "Why, that's amazing!" the doctor says. "Did you follow my instructions?"
The blonde nods. "I'll tell you, though, I thought I was going to drop dead that third day."
"From hunger, you mean?" asked the doctor.
"No, from skipping."

Dee, so happy to know you guys are ok. Material things can be replaced but a life can't be. Jay was a very fortunate young man to not be in his room at the time. Isn't it funny how a day can just turn into a "sucky" day and stay that way??? How is dez's butt? Tell her I'm sending her well wishes. Okay, I WANT to see this picture of the cod smooch'n couple!!!! Hopefully, it can be posted soon.

Janice, I hear ya sister! Steve wants to lose weight too, but tends to not like most dieting or healthy foods. I prepare a meal, measure etc. to have him pick at it and then later in the evening, catch him at the pantry with a bulging mouth and crumbs hanging on his chin. LOL! Sure is rough on my will power. Just continue to post here, hopefully we can all help each other out.

Sher, what did Wayne find out? How are you feeling? Did you get the cranberry juice?

Shelley, would you like to ship Mike up here? I would love to have someone here to cook!

Deb, glad to hear that James back problm is from an inflamation. THANK GOODNESS! I bet it was a relief for the two of you!

Ramona, did you find out where Ben had to go??

Another closet and two vanity cabinets finished! YIPPEE! I'm tossing stuff we haven't used in a year or so. I am SICK of the clutter!
Have you girls watched "How clean is your house"?? I think it comes on Monday night. You would not believe the filth some of these people live in. A word of warning, don't be eating a snack when it airs. GROSS!
Old 02-04-2005, 12:26 AM   #43  
Losing it!

Inside me there's a thin person struggling to get out,
but I can usually sedate her with four or five cupcakes.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:12 AM   #44  

STOP!!

Please Go To #26..........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!
Closed Thread