Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #286  
Learning to love ME!

Welcome, Dove! How is everyone? I'm still sugar-free. Yay! Eydie, do you have a recipe for the carob-cashew scones? Yummy! I had some sugarfree, fat free ice cream and a sugarfree peanut butter truffle chocolate bar on Saturday. Wow, were they good, but must remain an occasional indulgence. It's so easy and tempting for me to replace good, whole foods with processed chemical crap. Better to not get in the habit. Enjoy these lovely spring days!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:51 AM   #287  
deleted2

The thread's kind of thread-bare! Everyone doing okay? I'm up to Day 209 of living sugar-free. I love that!

Old 04-15-2005, 07:15 AM   #288  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi Eydie, congratulations on your sugar-free 209. That is utterly amazing. I haven't been so sugar-free, in fact, that's why I haven't been posting here. But I saw your post and just wanted to congratulate you on a great job! I wish I could find the reasons to do it again but I don't know, to me the weight loss is biggest and until I get a handle on that I just feel it's not taking me anywhere. I just don't lose on totally sugar-free, I guess because I eat more. When I do cut the calories I want some sugar. I guess I am a sorry addict. You'd think I could come up with something better in life to want than sugar. . . oh well, don't want to pour water on your party. You are doing a very good thing for yourself and I still do wish I could do the same but . . .
Old 04-15-2005, 11:14 AM   #289  
Empress/Queen

You are NOT a sorry addict, RB!!! You don't have to totally give up sugar if ya don't wanna! S'ok! Different things work for different folks! People have different focuses (foci?) ! Glad to see ya here!

E, congrats on Day 209!!! I wanna be you when I grow up!

Not sure when that'll be.

I've made some major mistakes in the past month and one of the worst is that I keep turning my back on THE WEE VEGGIE FOLK that are seeking residence in my low glycemic world, but I keep ignoring them and they go away with hurt feelings. So I'm vowing right now before gym to go eat some broc!

Hi to thee, also Gypsy! Glad you are on the mind/body challenge!!!

RB, why not come on over there and join us also!

See, here I go, I'm really gonna eat that broc!!!!

Hmmm. Ever notice how broc rhymes with croc ... as in an evil looking green lizard with big scary teeth!

Sigh!
Old 04-15-2005, 04:44 PM   #290  
deleted2

No, you're not a sorry addict, RedBalloon!

When you have a few minutes, visit radiantrecovery.com, okay? No one will try to talk you into giving up sugar. Read about having your sweets with meals [or immediately after meals] to cut down on the big sugar "hit". Fascinating stuff. I do that and it's made a big difference.

Come see me and Amarantha on the Mind/Body thread in the misc. groups section!

Old 04-16-2005, 12:10 AM   #291  
Maria-Paz

Hi everybody, I am posting here the same posting I post in my Self Forum, I am literally exhausted....

I have been MIA because I completely fell off the wagon a week ago. As I mentioned before Rain, the baby I have been taking care of since she was 8 weeks, now almost 6 is a completely nightmare. She cries, whines, cries, whines 8 hours out of the 10 she is here. I had a talk to her mom 2 weeks ago and said "I cannot do this anymore, unless you cut your hours". She drops her at 7:30 am and picks her up about 5:30 pm everyday. Finally this week I said "if you paid me $25 more each week I will keep her with the current schedule of 10 hours".
Well today day I am supposed to get paid for the next two weeks Jennifer her mom, went and found a new daycare instead of keeping me and pay the extra $25 a week. She stormed and said "I found a place that has an spot for Rain and I can have her there on Monday". I am dissapointed, because Rain had a Nanny in me instead of being in a daycare sharing one lady with 5 other kids, as while having her I couldn't take anybody else due to her being so demanding. I suffer of constant headaches and anxiety, because she is constantly making noise or when she is quiet I am anticipating when she is going to start having a screaming fit. Well, note to self, don't get attached to clients as they can leave at any minute if you raise the fee.
Jennifer's only concern was not getting her deposit back, money she paid at the beggining and it was supposed to pay the following week from the last week of her child while I find someonelse to cover her spot. She kept going on keeping her here for the same money she pays currently the next 4 weeks if she could recover her deposit. Saying that I was breaching the contract, not accepting having Rain anymore if I didn't get paid more, etc. She kept going "It is just the principle, I didn't know you would keep the money, when we rent a place we get the deposit back, etc..." WTH??
Due to the stress also I neglected my Ebay store and my house that it looks like it has been completed abandoned for months.... Now I will go back to do what I want keeping my store rolling.
Anyway, I am on the wagon again. Now that I will just have Salli who is 3.5 and plays great with my daughter, 4. I already warned my husband I am not taking more kids until the kids are back to school in August and I will really think twice before having another baby to care for. I think I had enough, 6 months of babies screaming on me is too much considering I make $3.00 an hour on each of them.
Thanks for listening, Mpaz
Old 04-16-2005, 02:59 AM   #292  
Never give up

Thanks Amarantha, Eydie, for the support and kind words. You know, I DO very much know how the sugar affects me. I did give another quick look at the radiantrecovery.com site and perhaps I should just keep going back there for the reminders. With me, cold logic and facts work best to keep me off the junk. I like to cut the emotion out of it, like just plain old liking and wanting something and that way I can usually keep it away from my body. But, in this world, temptation waits 'round every corner, and then some. . . I think, with me, it's got to be more of the veggies and whole grains, not just lower calories. That way I think I can get the weight down. I DO want to keep sugar to a minimum but still enjoy a touch at times. Well, gotta run. I'll check out the other thread. I join too many threads when certain ones are seeing little action and then they pick up again and I can't keep up, but I do like this one because it does embody a goal of mine, whether I'm on the wagon or not. . . maybe I should keep at it, huh? you go, guys! Dani, no time to read your post now, but Hi! Later, all!
Old 04-16-2005, 01:15 PM   #293  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Red Balloon and Dani! Glad things are picking up on this thread, although I also understand the "too many threads" syndrome, RB, and am trying to limit myself as well.

Dani, I'm sorry things were rough on the workfront recently. I don't know how you cope with little kids on a daily basis ... I love 'em, but guess since I don't have kids of my own, I'm a lot better at handling demonstrative cats and demanding dogs than little ones.

Unfortunately, it's all too easy to run into problem people like the baby's mom in a business situation. How funny that she equates care of her child with renting a place and thinks she should get a "deposit" back!

Please join us on the Mayday Challenge (if it be thy pleasure)!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:44 AM   #294  
Never give up

Hi guys! I am back OFF sugar. I have sworn off beer and sugar until I get below 70 kg. That's 5 kg away and I am going to do this. I may have 1 or 2 "very special" drinking days in May but ONLY if the weight is slipping off. I ate well today, lots of veggies, wholewheat spaghetti, fresh pineapple with plain yogurt, my usual oatmeal breakfast, that kind of thing, lots of walking. I feel GREAT!!

How are you all doing?! Amarantha, I think I better not take on any more threads, though your mind thread looks like a very nice place. I also have been wanting to do yoga more regularly and have been trying to incorporate some yoga stretches into my day. But no more threads right now. You have fun there and good luck! I will be hanging out here I think. later!
Closed Thread