Old 02-25-2005, 02:54 PM   #91  
Phil 4:8

good morning ladies,
life is going good. staying on the water, small baby steps in the walking, went off healthy eating a couple of times. would you please pray for my daughter, she had to go to the ER. her primary Dr. sent her there for a spinal tap thinking she had meningitis. her symptoms were headache for 3 days, sore thorat, elevated white count,tired and stiff neck. praise the Lord she didn't have to have the spinal tap. they did some blood work and tests and didn't think she had meningitis. is she didn't feel better by monday she was to go back to her primary. which she had to do. her throat is still sore. her tonsils are still swollen and pusie she is also still tired. when she was there there was some confusion between her last vist, the ER, and then this visit. she had more blood drawn to check for mono this time. she got a call at work today that every thing has come back fine. so she is very frustrated. because she still feels so crummy. she has used up all of her sick days and its only feb. so she is concerned about that. she's sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. her name is laura. she's my baby at 26. i love her whole big bunches. i hate to see my kids struggle. i know what it's like feeling that way. also pray for my mother. i have to take her in march 3rd for a day surgery. she has surgery at 7:30 AM. i will need to stay with her for a few days. she doesn't have a computer. so i will be gone. pray i stick with good food choices.

i want to say thanks to those of you that welcomed me. it means alot to know that you are being heard.

i have done what i set out to do today. that was scrub floors and was rugs. i have 13 rugs to was. i only have 4 more to go. hip-hip horay. i always get excited when i met my goalsl. how about you. i have alot of floors to mop also. i am thankfur that we do have some wall to wall in some areas. i don't think my back could take much more.

have a fantastic friday.
kind regards,
mary m
craftymom2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:52 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi, ladies!

Okay, Bluet, I'll check into the Sugar Addicts book. Do you eat the same breakfast every day, by the way? I got some FF cottage cheese and plan to see how that tastes so that I can have that as a protein along with my oatmeal or shredded wheat. Except for eggs, which I can't eat a lot of (unless it's the white), I'm never sure what to do for protein in the morning. What's going on with your computer at home? Do you think it's a virus? Oh, you'll be happy to note that it's now overcast and a bit chilly here. The weather can sure turn fast.

SunnyD, I laughed like crazy at that comic. Love the dieter's prayer, too. Thanks for the house graphic. Love that house! Doesn't look at all like mine, but that's okay. Moss is a problem in Oregon and Washington, especially on a shake roof. It occurs mostly on the north side, especially when the roof is under a tree. There's a treatment for it. I plan to ask the seller to pay for the first treatment, and clean the tree litter out of the gutters. There are a couple of large ash trees in the back that are spewing litter all over the roof. Nothing that can't be fixed, but I want the buyer to fix it first! I did like ER a lot. Now we're going to have to suffer through weeks of reruns before we see how it all turns out. (Just had a phone call on the cell phone. It was my DH calling from downstairs because he was too lazy to come up the stairs and tell me he was taking the dog out. Hee hee!) I like to watch Without a Trace when ER is a rerun. I totally understood how the woman who killed the man felt, and why she would cop to murder rather than tell what happened. I liked Grissom saying that his ideal partner would be someone who wouldn't judge him.

Charlotte, we're all still hoping for the best, too. Are you dreading Monday or eager to find out once and for all? I hope that you can have a good weekend and won't dwell on the results too much.

Mary, glad things are going well for you except for your poor DD. I hope the docs can find out soon what's going on with her. Also thinking about your Mom, too. Hey, plan ahead for the food choices, or take some stuff with you. Hope you got all your rugs done. I often like to make a list of stuff I have to do just so I can cross it off--makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

So where is Diane? I hope she's doing okay.

Last night our friends had us over for wine and snacks (no snacks for me, but I did have wine). I think they were trying to "set us up." They'd invited another couple, although only the wife showed up. She was very nice, but very busy because she and her DH had opened a new UPS franchise and are working six days a week. Today we checked out a water aerobics class. I enjoyed it, but kept getting toe cramps. Gotta get more calcium or something. After that, I met another friend at a crafts store where they were exhibiting some quilts. I love looking at quilts, and wish I could make one. My friend said she would go with me to take a class. Then we had coffee afterwards.

This weekend my stepdaughter is coming down. She's always lived so far away from us, and now she's the closest kid so it will be fun doing stuff with her. We're going to my DH's friend's house for lunch on Sunday. I realized today that we've known all these people for over 30 years. It's been a long time since we've lived near them, but it's nice picking up where we left off. Also plan to check out the church. I'm going to see if I can sit through a service (it's the physical part of sitting, I'm worried about, not the actual sermon! ).

Have a great weekend everyone!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:31 AM   #93  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi Sheila, As for the home graphic: Oh well... I tried Goodness... ... Ash Tree's I have seen the mess that they can make! They are beautiful tree's but they poop all over the place Will you be taking them down?

So glad you enjoyed the giggles I posted Sheila Anything to make yours and the other gals day brighter

Reruns: I saw that too bummer... I hate this way of TV programs... I want the old way back! When you use to get all new shows till Spring and then reruns during the Summer with all new shows in the Fall. Now they are changing it up so much and moving them around that you go bonkers trying to keep up

I had to change my routine up for breakfast with this program for the first three days (a cleansing period he calls it). You shudda seen what I had to drink this morning Yuuucckkkk!! You know I have to be desperate to be trying all these green drinks

Did you find a church? Hope you are having a blast with your SD this weekend! Did you go anywhere special? Shop till you dropped or just stayed in and chatted over a cup 'o tea?

Hi Mary (craftymom), Prayers for your DD, Laura... so sorry to hear that she is doing so poorly and so young too. What did they find out at the ER?? Will she be okay? And Prayers for your DM too!

So how far has your hubby gotten on building your gazebo? As for your unusually warm weather... I'd take it in a heartbeat & so would my hubby. He comes home everyday lately complaining about the lack of sunshine and the cold here. Your gardens sound so lovely... I cannot wait to see our flowers come up this Spring. I can't wait for Spring!

Were you able to get all your rugs washed?

HI Angel, Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts for good news on Monday {{{Hugs}}}

Okay Diane... where you BE???? ?????

*~*~*

I wasn't able to go to church this morning... I really miss going!!!
I'm still homebound with these new drinks (need that bathroom - I know - too much information ). But according to the book my body should adjust in 3 to 7 days

*Wishing everyone a Blessed Sunday!*
Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 02-27-2005 at 10:33 AM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 05:31 PM   #94  
I can and I will do it!

Welcome Mary and Miss Muffet so glad to have you join in with us.

I have been MIA for a few days , but I have some good news to report....I don't have Emphysema. I went to the Pulmonary Dr. Wed. and he got the reports of the PFT from hospital and it stated I had Asthma and Bronchitus, which both are caused from smoking also but not as bad as the Emphysema. I in turn went to the Dr. that informed me that I had emphysema and her response was " I dont know where I got that you had Emphysema." I think I will be finding me another Dr. I have lost all faith in the medical profession at this moment.

If I dont get on track with my eating I am headed for some major problems, I did manage to go to Curves 5 times last week which helps, but this stress eating has got to stop.

So glad you got moved Sheila and already have a house, that is great. Hug for you.

Charlotte hope you are feeling better, sending big hugs.

Sunny sending a big hug to you too.

I am so far behind on reading the post I know I have missed something. Hopefully for the first time in a month I can get back to some sort of normal around here.

Have a wonderful night, are you going to watch the Academy Awards?
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 08:10 PM   #95  

Oh, Diane, I'm SO happy about your news! Bronchitis you can easily recover from, and asthma you can manage. I bet you're so relieved! Yeah, get yourself a new doctor soon. Had you seen that doctor before? Good for you for going to Curves so many times last week. I can totally relate to the stress eating because I've been doing a lot of it. Last week I said no more so on Wednesday I went back on plan. Yup, I plan to watch the Academy Awards, but I always mute the sound during the speeches and many times during the "comedy" stuff unless it's Billy Crystal who is by far the best host. Too bad he's not doing it again this year. I imagine it's quite a bit of work.

Hope the cleansing stuff works well, SunnyD, and soon so that you can leave the house. You know, I can't even drink Gatorade because it's weirdly colored. I was so happy to be able to take a pill to prepare for a colonscopy instead of drinking the stuff to clean you out. Hhmm, the church service. Well, all I can say is that we decided to give it a couple more times. SD hasn't shown up yet.

How was everyone's weekend? In the paper on Friday, I saw a little blurb about a swing band playing at a local venue and I noticed that the person to call was Mel Garcia. I did a doubletake because a guy named Mel Garcia introduced me to my future DH. My DH ended up calling the number just to see if it was the same Mel Garcia, and it was! Isn't that funny? We're going to go see his band play next Friday. We spent Saturday getting paint, carpet and vinyl samples to take over to the new house tomorrow. Today we had lunch with an old friend of DH's who turns out to live right around the corner from our new house. After eating (no pie or breadsticks for me--big on salad, light on spaghetti), we walked over to the new house and walked around it. On the sidewalk only!! No way do we want to do what the parents of our buyers did to us, even though the house is empty.

Charlotte, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping for good news. Please let us know as soon as you can. I'm praying so hard for you!!

Hope you all had a great weekend! It rained a little this morning, but then it was pretty sunny. We took the dog for a long walk on a nearby bikepath. It's fun exploring all the new places to walk.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:03 PM   #96  

Hi everybody,
Well...it's been a long day. I still don't know what to think about my situation. The Neurologist pointed out 3 or 4 bulges, & several bone spurs....but, isn't sending me to a surgeon. He wanted me to show the film to my Rheumatologist. I don't like the feeling I get about this. I asked him if he was keeping something from me. He sat back in his chair & asked how long we had known each other! (about 23yrs!) I told him I trusted him to be honest with me, but I just didn't think he was telling me everything. He said "Let me give you an example...if you needed to know about football, you wouldn't go to a baseball coach to learn." He said he knew little about RA, so he wanted my RA Dr to look at the report & films & decide what was needed. That he would work with him in any way needed. So, I left there, not knowing any more than I already did. I don't go for Remicade until the 21st of March. Three weeks of worrying.

Hi Mary....I'm praying for your daughter, Laura, & for your mom. Take care of yourself.

Sheila....how COOL to find your friend!! I know you & DH are excited about seeing him again! This move sounds like it was meant to be. Did you like what you saw of the house? I'm excited for you & will be glad when you're settled. Thanks for the prayers.

SunnyD...hope you're feeling better, now. Bless your heart. You go through a lot. I do hope this cleansing works for you.

Well....Mondays are long & I'm tired. I'll talk to you all later. Hi to everyone.
Charlotte
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:48 PM   #97  

Oh, Charlotte, how dang frustrating for you! Can you get an earlier appointment with the rheumatologist so that you can get some answers sooner than three weeks? Or is that because you have to travel so far to get to see him? Boy, I'm actually feeling pretty ticked off about this, and if I'm feeling like this, I can imagine what you're feeling! Hope you get some good sleep tonight and try like heck not to stress about everything. I know--easier said that done.

So where is everyone? SunnyD, I hope things are going well with the cleansing.

We had the home inspection today. Just a couple of things that I hope the seller will agree to fix. The roof needs cleaning, a moss treatment, and at least one shake replaced. There are a couple of vents that need gasket repairs, too. That's all. And we discovered that there is a hardwood floor in the entry, dining room, and hall. It could be in the kitchen, but we won't know until we pull up the carpet. I brought the carpet and vinyl samples to see how they looked and we plan to replace the carpeting in the bathrooms and kitchen with vinyl, and replace the master bedroom carpet just because it's got weird marks on it. I looked at the main bathroom wallpaper and I can live with it so we'll just keep it. We are going to have to strip the kitchen wallpaper and the wallpaper in the master bathroom plus the borders in the master and guest room. There's also one wall with wallpaper in what will be the office. I was going to paint the kitchen cabinets, but decided that I could live with the cabinets the way they are if I lighten up the floor with the vinyl and keep the kitchen window uncovered. That's good because that's a heck of a lot of painting to do. There's a bank of hanging cabinets that block the family room from the kitchen, and I want to replace those with a shorter bank of cheap cabinets so that there's a two-cabinet space chunk of space so I can see through to the family room. Hhmm, does that make sense?

Going to the apt. complex laundry facility is the pits, although good exercise. I did a load of towels and ended up walking back and forth four times, which means up and down the stairs four times.

Oops! We have one office chair, and my DH needs it so gotta go. Have a good evening, everyone, and a great Tuesday!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:41 PM   #98  

Hi Sheila...Yes, it's very frustrating about the Dr visit. Sometimes I think it's not a good idea to become friends with your Dr. I think it makes them hold back telling everything. I AM thinking about making an earlier appt. with my rheumy....just don't really know what to do.
Sounds like you've got a lot of work planned for your house! I'm surprised to hear of anyone still using vinyl. Here, most people are into hardwood & ceramic tile. My DH does floor covering, & it's just about all he does, now. He's glad of it, because he hates laying vinyl. Of course, you can have what you want, it's just unusual to hear about it. The carpet is just about to go out, too, here, although I'd love the feel of carpet beneath my bare feet! I think people are thinking of the upkeep. The kind of hardwood they put down is very easy to keep up, & the ceramic tile requires very little care. You'll have to post us some pictures of everything!

Hello Bluet, SunnyD, Mary, Diane......
Old 03-02-2005, 11:36 AM   #99  

Oh where, oh where did all our members go? How about a quick post to let us know you're all okay? Just one line, or even the word "okay."

Charlotte, I think you should make an earlier appointment with your rheumatologist, but that's just my opinion. Is it better to spend three weeks worrying about the worst or finally know what's going on no matter what? It's such a dilemma. Both choices are stressful, which I'm sure isn't doing your health any good either. I sure hope it's springtime where you are because you definitely need a pick-me-up, and for me that's looking at beautiful spring flowers. Hang in there, Charlotte. I think about you all the time.

About the floor coverings, I would love to have ceramic tile or hardwood, but the vinyl is kind of a cheap stopgap until we figure out what to do. At some point, we'll remodel the kitchen for sure so I don't want to spend too much money on it. Same for the bathrooms. All I know is that when I had a carpeted bathroom (leftover by the previous owners), we had several toilet overflows--yuck!! So the easiest solution is to get vinyl on those floors by the time we move in.

Yesterday I went to a volunteer orientation for the local humane society. It was weird being on the other end of an orientation because I used to be a volunteer coordinator for a humane society, doing all the training. I couldn't help but compare. And, of course, my orientations were better!

Got my weigh-in this morning so I'd best be getting ready for it since I'm sitting here in my PJs. Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #100  

Smile

Good Afternoon ladies!

I am so very sorry to worry you Sheila... I didn't mean too, I just have been so very tired...

*~*~*

I am doing better NOW (!) that I have completed the 3 days of cleansing and am so very glad that is all finished!!! I stayed home (doing that allot these days ) and close to the bathroom if you know what I mean I am exhausted!! The green stuff I have to drink in the mornings is just horrid tasting, I am gonna finish the product I bought and then re-think getting more. I'd rather eat fresh veggies 5 times a day! But now I begin to follow the *40 Day Makers Diet* (very similar to *The South Beach Diet* with 3 phases)... he teaches you to make better choices on a daily basis, in that it becomes a life-style change... also very similar to the program that Bonnie has done successfully. My goal is just to feel better again (with energy & no pain) and I am still in pain (in my lower left side - Diverticulitus (sp?) and the spasms in my colon & the pain drains me of energy). I reread some areas of the book and it seems that I am not taking enough enzymes to help me digest the fats I am using (like the Flaxseed Oil and Coconut Oils I cook with), so I am increasing the dose of the enzymes today. I will give this three weeks and then call this new Dr. that my SIL gave me, for my physical (I don't care for the Dr. I have now for this problem). So that's what is happening right now... I still feel so very tired and seem to always want to sleep, but then our weather isn't helping any. We got another foot of snow in the last two days! You should see it out our window right now... the snow flakes are huge! So pretty when you get to look out like me, but not so pretty for those having to drive in it --- allot of accidents!

*~*~*

Bonnie, Where are you these days? Are you not feeling well either Are you getting allot of snow too!!?? My folks got OVER a foot of snow too (they live in Maine).

Sheila, I did get out for a few hours on Saturday with Joe to go shopping for the foods and vitamins I needed to start with, but haven't left the house since. I really need to stay close to home right now. I was exhausted just going out for that bit of time on Saturday, but it felt good getting out.

So your SD never made it over for your visit?? I am so sorry... you were so looking forward to it. Did she call you??

How cool that the Mel Garcia was the same person!!! And that your DH's friend is so close... it was meant for you to be where you are - that's for sure! It's a small world, isn't it Sheila

It sure does sound like you have allot of work to do in your new home... a real fixer-upper - no? Well, one good thing is that when you do finally move in that you will move into a home that you will be very happy with I sure give you all allot of credit for living in the apartment and the very small space, nevermind lugging your laundry
I do hope that you get Wonderful News at your weigh-in today!

Angel, I am so glad to hear that you don't have to go to a surgeon for your neck, but it still doesn't sound good, at all... to wait for 3 weeks... what a bummer! I guess this is a time that you will have to put into the Lord's hands (always easier said then done, I know). I have a prayer from the book I am reading right now (every morning) that may help you. Allow me to share it with you...

*A Morning Prayer for Healing*
Father God, I thank you for creating me in Your image.
I praise You that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
I confess that You are the God that heals, my Great Physician.
I ask You to heal my body from the top of my head to the soles
of my feet. I pray that You would regenerate every bone, joint,
tendon, ligament, tissue, organ, and cell of my body. This is the
day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it.

It's a great prayer for all those needing healing, don't you think so?

Isa. 55:11 tells us to trust God's promises... {{{Hugs}}}

Diane, I am so pleased to hear the you don't have what the Dr. said and that you will get better soon! I will continue to keep you close in prayer that you get all better!!! Note the prayer I gave to Angel...

Nope, I didn't watch the Awards... I watched some old movies on Satellite that night, everything else was a repeat. Did you watch?

*~*~*

Oh... ... I did get in 1. 65 miles today between the T-Mill and my Elliptical I haven't walked in ages! It really felt pretty good, but now I think I am gonna go take a 30 minute nap and then run the vacuum and get some laundry caught up before my Joe gets home. Also, my mom called me and spoke with me for about an hour yesterday, I was thrilled to say the least --- what a pick-me-up I was beaming all day... she doesn't call often, but she is very concerned about me... and wanted to give me some advice (good advice too ).

Later...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-03-2005, 09:13 AM   #101  

Smile

Good Morning Gals!

I just wanted to give you an update... we got a bit over 18" of snow in the last two days and it's now only 8* here this morning! Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, is all I havta say! At least the sun is shinning And I am doing much better today. Sill not well, but I didn't expect to get better over night... I have been ill for way too long and according to this book I have it could take up to 3 months for the intestine to rebuild and heal. I just have to stay with the program. Maybe I will lose some more weight too!

So what did you all (who watch) think of *American Idol*? last night. I thought that doing it in 30 minutes & without the suspense (pain for the kids) was a whole lot better! The producers really got allot of flack for what they did last week! I was so upset to see Judd go too. I hope we can get him voted back on. I voted for him to come back... we'll see. I was really sorry to see Aloha Mischeau go too! She was good and it was a big mistake to vote her off! I think that Janay Castine should have gone last night! What a mistake that was... What are your thoughts? Who do you favor? Here is the LINK to the contestants~> http://idolonfox.com/contestants/ so you can check them out for yourself. I went there to see if I could bring Aloha back, but it looks like Celena Rae will get that vote right now, oh well.

Well, I must get my day started and get caught up with the laundry that i never did yesterday! And I have bill's to pay today too Yuck

Hope this finds everyone doing well today... come back soon. I'm with Sheila, it's a bummer when any of us is missing.
Sheila?! Bluet!? Angel!? Diane!? Mary!?
Where are you

Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-03-2005, 09:07 PM   #102  

Looks like it's just you and me, SunnyD. I like your little Irish dancer. My DD was an Irish dancer and had the outfit and the shoes and went to dance competitions (the outfit, shoes, and competitions have names that I don't remember). Those costumes can be pretty elaborate because most of them have a lot of embroidery on them.

Are you feeling less tired today, SunnyD? Hopefully it was just an effect of the cleansing, and not an anemia problem or anything. Did I ever tell you that someone I know got disability because of her IBS? It's hard to work when you have to run to the bathroom so often. When are you guys going to have spring back there? I'm afraid I'd be a basket case by now with all that snow. Living in Colorado was tough for me because spring didn't arrive until May, and then summer came in June followed by winter. Kind of skipped over my two favorite seasons.

The seller agreed to the repairs so we're a go on the house. We had been prepared to walk away if he didn't, and actually had put ourselves in the frame of mind not to be disappointed if he didn't agree, but he signed off on everything. It's not a fixer upper so to speak, but we want to update some stuff. I don't like carpet in the bathroom, and kitchen, and I hate juniper bushes so those will go. It's great construction, and well cared for, but just needs some cosmetic stuff that I'm willing to do because I like the neighborhood, the floor plan, and the size of the yard.

Went to water aerobics today at one of the two pools in town. My friend goes to this class and afterwards we went to coffee with her cousin who was visiting, and two other women from the class. We talked for about 1.5 hours. When I was in my 20s and she was in her 40s (she's 18 years older than me), we used to talk for hours and hours. One time we talked for almost 8 hours on the phone even though we lived in the same town. I used to spend afternoons over at her house, and she'd bring out raw chocolate chip cookie dough and two spoons. Ah, the days! Anyway, after that I did laundry, which entails running up and down the stairs many times and down to the laundry room. I think that's what help me lose 8 lbs. last week. That and I started eating better. I imagine my loss next week, if I have one, will be a lot less.

Hope everyone is doing okay. I wonder if Bluet is having computer problems. She'll have to talk to you about Idol, SunnyD, because I don't watch it. I watched part of Oprah yesterday, though, and heard a 12 year old kid from Hawaii who had a wonderful voice. He'll be the next Josh Groban or Barry Manilow if his voice doesn't change too much.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:56 AM   #103  

Good Morning everyone,

Gee...it's too quiet around here, lately. I know, I'm included....just been lazy. No real excuse. I'm getting really concerned about Bluet, though. I hope it's her computer with problems, & not her. Bluet.....we miss you!

Good news with the house, Sheila. It'll be fun fixing it up the way you want it....even if it's temporary.

on the weightloss! 8 lbs....WOW!! We have a new water aerobics that has just opened up in our town. We can use it for that, or go certain days just to play in the water to help with RA, OA, etc. I wish I could afford it. I had a friend to ask me to go with her, but had to turn her down. Shoot!

SunnyD...hope you're doing a lot better now!

Maybe when the cleansing is over, it'll all be worth it....I sure hope so. I'm praying for you.

Well, I couldn't sleep last night, so I'm dragging this morning.Sat up on computer til 3 am, then stayed awake until around 4 am. DH wanted me to go back to bed after he & DS left for work....so, I must look terrible. Gotta go put myself together & go smile all day until I get back home. TGIF!!!!! It IS a beautiful day!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:49 PM   #104  

Smile

Hi there Sheila & Angel!

I hope this finds you both having a great day...

It is for me I am doing so much better as each day goes by - it's amazing! Joe bought me that Jack LaLane juicer yesterday... he got it for $89.00!!! What a great buy! My girlfriend, Peggy, bought it at the wholesale club for $130.00... I am so happy right now! And I have already made Joe & I carrot & apple juice to go with our breakfast this morning... it was really yummy!!!! Sweet tasting! Taste much better then the store bought stuff I bought I saved the pulp to add the extra fiber to our muffins and my breakfast drinks. I just froze it. And now that I have the juicer I don't have to drink that green stuff any longer from the book - yeah!!!! I will make my own and make it sweet with an apple. Now I just have to get my strength built back up again, it's been so long since I have felt like exercising. The T-Mill has made my back muscles very tender the last few days (yes, I walked again today, but not very far). At least now when I go to that new Dr. I will go there for my physical and allow her to do a COMPLETE physical on me (unlike the last Dr.) and I won't be so afraid of her examining me (because of pain). I have had very little pain two mornings and it's been great! I have been in pain for so long!!! What a wonderful feeling!

Great *Survivor* last night!! I enjoyed that water rally they did - tough!!! Such clever games they come up with! But I would have voted off the blonde girl and not the guy with the bum ankle (cannot remember names yet). It will be interesting to see what happens next... Bummer that the other shows were repeats - again!
*~*~*

Sheila, I thought you would like the little Irish Dancer I too enjoy the Irish Dancers... that's cool that your DD danced... those outfits are wonderfully made! I cannot take my eyes off their feet when they dance - they are all so adorable, even the older kids!

I think it's wonderful that you got an agreement from the seller to do the repairs... you have enough to cover once you move in.

And that is awesome that you lost 8 lbs!!! Good for you! I only wish!! I am so trying And it sounds like you had a great time at your water aerobics class... I am so happy for you I must say though... it is very different to read your posts and not hear about your father's daily antics I am sure you don't miss them though... Have you heard from him lately? How's he doing?

Yes, I am feeling much better! Thank you! I am still not up-to-par yet (he states in his book that it could take up to 3 months), but I'll take what I feel today I have felt so badly for over 2 years on and off now. No... you didn't tell me, but I could see why your friend couldn't work! It is exhausting But now I am only having to go in the mornings and it's great! Everything seems to be responding so well to the routine of the supplements and the diet (so far - I'm only on day #6). I still have a bloated belly, but he says that will go down in time... it's just the body adjusting to all the fiber I am taking. It will just take a bit of patience on my part and I could use some practice in that area of my life, if you know what I mean I am very much a *Type A* kinda gal.

As for our weather... we had some sunshine today - that was nice! But we are in for more snow this evening and over the weekend. I don't think it will be much, but I am so ready for Spring! I don't think that we'll get to see Spring till mid to late April, but if it came sooner... I wouldn't mind at all!

I DO think that Bluet is having computer problems I hope she comes back real soon!!! I sure miss her! I sent her an e-card and she hasn't opened it, so I know she is having problems. I wonder why she hasn't written us from work? Just to let us know she's okay I too am very Worried!

Hi Angel, Thank you for your prayers You know it means allot to me. Did you see the prayer I left for you?

I just loved your bunny graphic! But I am not quite into Spring or Easter just yet... just too much SNOW on the ground here (a good 19"!) I am so sorry to hear that you are still having a hard time sleeping... have you tired Sleepytime Tea before bed? That may help... or maybe a warm glass of milk? I have heard that helps you to relax.

Get some sleep girl!!

*~*~*

Well, I have put off finishing up my bill's all day long! Time for me to go and do so... Have a great weekend gals!! We are going out tomorrow morning with our friends for breakfast (it's been 2 weeks since we got together last!), but I will not be eating out, I'm just going for the company and bringing my tea with me I am not ready for restaurant food just yet, but am dying for the company of our friends. It's wonderful that they know and understand and I don't feel any pressure. I will eat before we meet them.

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-04-2005, 07:26 PM   #105  

My DH just told me today is 3/4/5 (as in March 4, 2005). Okay, enough with the numerology.

Hi, Charlotte and SunnyD! Whew--I'm glad that spring has sprung in at least one other place, but sorry you're still getting all that darn snow, SunnyD. Any little crocuses or snowdrops poking their heads above the snow? Given the accumulation, probably not. That bouquet graphic makes me want to go buy a bouquet of spring flowers. I suppose I shouldn't pick the ones at the apartment.

That's too bad you can't go to the water aerobics class, Charlotte. I've heard that warm water is really good for people with OA, and most health places have easy movement classes for people with OA. If it's good for OA, is it good for RA, too? I was reading something in the paper about children getting juvenile RA. Many go into remission, though, thankfully. So I've got another one for your sleep problem. After eating a turkey dinner followed by the glass of warm milk, take some valerian root tablets. I used to take those when I was pregnant and had the neuro disorder I have now for the first time (the disorder disappeared for 13 years, then came back). My DH takes valerian root when he can't sleep. Not sure how it interacts with other medication. I've heard you need to watch some herbal remedies taken with certain drugs, but not sure how you find out what herbs.

What a bargain on your juicer, SunnyD! I'm glad you're enjoying it, and that's great how you're adding fiber to your diet. When I read that you were going out, I thought, oh,no, but then read further. I think you're smart to just have tea. That's nice that you have friends who are so understanding.

Speaking of my Dad, my realtor in Seattle called and told me that my Dad had called her. She said she knew it was my Dad because she listened to her voice mail and heard someone say, "Oh, crap!" and hang up. That's my father's first reaction to getting voice mail. Then he calls back and leaves a message. He told her that he has another piece of property he wants her to sell. Ack!! That's the property I'm working on to get the title clear before we can put it on the market. I'm trying not to get frustrated about his forgetfulness because I know he's not doing it on purpose. But, still, I am frustrated so I might as well admit it. I told the realtor to call him back and remind him that I'm working on the getting the quiet title so that it can be put back on the market.

The poor buyers of the Seattle house (a teacher who is giving birth in April and her husband) got kind of screwed with their loan. The company back East didn't fund it in time today so I wouldn't let the escrow company record the title until it's funded, which is normal procedure. So the poor couple is sitting with their belongings on a truck. I did say they could put the stuff in the house, and I wouldn't charge them rent. Luckily, her parents live nearby so they can stay with them. Got my mail forwarding fixed, too, I hope. The carrier was on vacation, but returned today and took all the mail out of the box that the sub had left in even though we'd turned in change of address forms.

Supposed to be kind of a drizzly weekend here, but then sunny and up to 70 degrees by midweek. I have all my warm weather clothes in storage because March isn't usually this warm.

Have a good one, everyone! Hope Bluet and Diane are back soon. I bet OB makes it difficult for Bluet to post at work, don't you think?